Start by marking “I Blame Eve: Reclaiming the Freedom We Lost in the Garden” as Want to Read:
I Blame Eve: Reclaiming the Freedom We Lost in the Garden

I Blame Eve: Reclaiming the Freedom We Lost in the Garden

4.31 of 5 stars 4.31  ·  rating details  ·  39 ratings  ·  13 reviews
When our great-to-the-nth-degree grandmother Eve ate the fruit, we lost out on the perfect life. But that doesn't stop us from trying, does it? In fact, we make trying to be perfect the focus of our entire lives But what would happen if we stopped trying to be perfect and started trying to be "his"?
In this fantastically witty book, Susanna Foth Aughtmon helps women find o...more
Published April 1st 2012 by Revell

To ask other readers questions about I Blame Eve, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Blame Eve

Title: I BLAME EVE: Freedom from Perfectionism, Control Issues, and the Tendency to Listen to Talking Snakes
Author: Susanna Foth Aughtmon
Publisher: Revell
April 2012
ISBN: 978-0800720476
Genre: Nonfiction/women’s issues

When Eve ate the fruit, we lost the out on the perfect life—but that doesn’t stop us from trying, does it?

What would happen if we stopped trying to be perfect and started trying to be His?

In I BLAME EVE, Ms. Aughtmon reminds us of the biblical story of Adam and Eve and then goes on...more
Alycia Morales
Susanna Foth Aughtmon writes in such a way one feels as if she’s sitting in the audience at a women’s conference. With her conversational voice and incredible sense of humor, I Blame Eve is a book I could chew off in small bites at a time and swallow easily.

Bringing the funny to perfectionism, control issues and our tendency to listen to the lies of humankind’s biggest enemy, Susanna feeds us Scripture that will nourish our souls, fill our spirits and cause us to walk away from the unfullfilling...more
Lori
I’ve read Susanna’s other books and think she’s hilarious. I knew I’d like this new book since I like her and her writing, but Shhh~ I’ve been a little soft on Eve the last few years. In fact, when I get to heaven, I’m going to go hunt her down and hug her neck.

As a Christian woman, many times I have wanted to give Eve a piece of my mind. I blamed her for years and then realized I blamed Adam more. :) After all, God did tell Adam not to eat the fruit of the tree before Eve even came along. I thi...more
Katy
I have read Susanna's other books, and I even follow her blog (Confessions of a Tired Supergirl) and I still haven't gotten tired of her witty, self deprecating style, her blunt honesty, or the poetry of the scriptures she uses. Her perspective is fresh and funny, and yet she is one author who can be funny while bringing serious issues to task.

This book is her best yet, I think. I never related to Eve in such a real way before and I think I may be a little kinder to my great, great (plus some m...more
Gary
Gary's wife Katy thought...

Susanna Foth Aughtmon did it even better in this, her third book. I can't believe how close to home she hit me this time! I surely never thought I had any issues with perfectionism or control, but she opened my eyes in a big way. I love her perspective on Eve and I think I can relate to my ancestor when I say that neither of us thought we were trying to do better for our life than GOD already was. But guess what? Yeah. That.

Susanna writes in such a personal style it's...more
Pathway Midland
Susanna Foth Aughtmon wrote another great book in "I Blame Eve: Freedom from Perfectionism, Control Issues and the Tendency to Listen to Talking snakes." Aughtmon writes with great wit and honesty, which makes it very easy to relate to while reading.
In this book, she centers on how we need to shift our way of thinking from trying to be perfect and just focus on being the Lord's. She encourages the reader, without condemning her and reminds us to relinquish control to God for all issues they may...more
Ariel
I loved this book! At first I was expecting it to entirely focus on how women tend to blame others for their problems. I was surprised to find that each chapter focused on a different aspect of Eve's personality, and how it can manifest in a woman's life in the current day. I related with most of them, but I wasn't too surprised about that haha. Whether or not you think you can relate to Eve, I recommend all women to read this book. You just might be surprised what you discover!
Ginger
with characteristic wit and humor, Aughtmon pricks the heart and illuminates the historical and theological source of perfectionism and control issues. Easy to read, but take it a chapter at a time to digest this highly nutritious soul food. I'm now reading through it again because it's so good, I need to get this through me.
Tricia Aiere
Great book! Funny!
Jen
Read this with my moms group. The chapters are both light and deep filled with truth and humor. An easy read and our moms group had really fantastic discussions around it that built us up as a group.
Amy
Jan 06, 2013 Amy rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: spirit
Thank you Susanna for your amazing insight and wit. I was in tears by the end of this book. A must re-read or at the very least review from time to time. Great stuff.
Mary
Easy read. Susanna is very relatable and enjoyable to read. Short chapters with stories, humor, and biblical tie in.
Kay
Really enjoy this author! A girl after my own heart. Her books will bring you closer to God that is for sure.
Valerie Rae
Valerie Rae marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2014
Rosalie
Rosalie is currently reading it
Aug 25, 2014
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Shelly
Shelly marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Taylor
Taylor marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2014
Ashleyaduke
Ashleyaduke marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2014
Joanne
Joanne marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Sandra
Sandra marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
Cristi
Cristi marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2014
Brittany Woods
Brittany Woods marked it as to-read
May 07, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Author and speaker Susanna Foth Aughtmon is the mother of three and the wife of Scott, the lead pastor of Pathway Church, in Redwood City, California. Using humor, authenticity, and the truth of scripture, she connects with her readers through her many books including, I Blame Eve: Freedom from Perfectionism, Control Issues and the Tendency to Listen to Talking Snakes.
More about Susanna Foth Aughtmon...
All I Need Is Jesus & a Good Pair of Jeans: The Tired Supergirl's Search for Grace My Bangs Look Good and Other Lies I Tell Myself: The Tired Supergirl's Search for Truth Chasing God: One Man's Miraculous Journey in the Heart of the City Need You Now: A Story of Hope Mornings with Jesus 2014