Start by marking “I Blame Eve: Reclaiming the Freedom We Lost in the Garden” as Want to Read:
I Blame Eve: Reclaiming the Freedom We Lost in the Garden

I Blame Eve: Reclaiming the Freedom We Lost in the Garden

When our great-to-the-nth-degree grandmother Eve ate the fruit, we lost out on the perfect life. But that doesn't stop us from trying, does it? In fact, we make trying to be perfect the focus of our entire lives But what would happen if we stopped trying to be perfect and started trying to be "his"?
In this fantastically witty book, Susanna Foth Aughtmon helps women find o
Published April 1st 2012 by Revell

To ask other readers questions about I Blame Eve, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Blame Eve

Alycia Morales
Apr 18, 2012 Alycia Morales rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Susanna Foth Aughtmon writes in such a way one feels as if she’s sitting in the audience at a women’s conference. With her conversational voice and incredible sense of humor, I Blame Eve is a book I could chew off in small bites at a time and swallow easily.

Bringing the funny to perfectionism, control issues and our tendency to listen to the lies of humankind’s biggest enemy, Susanna feeds us Scripture that will nourish our souls, fill our spirits and cause us to walk away from the unfullfilling
Lori
Apr 16, 2012 Lori rated it really liked it
I’ve read Susanna’s other books and think she’s hilarious. I knew I’d like this new book since I like her and her writing, but Shhh~ I’ve been a little soft on Eve the last few years. In fact, when I get to heaven, I’m going to go hunt her down and hug her neck.

As a Christian woman, many times I have wanted to give Eve a piece of my mind. I blamed her for years and then realized I blamed Adam more. :) After all, God did tell Adam not to eat the fruit of the tree before Eve even came along. I thi
Apr 05, 2012 Laura rated it it was amazing
Title: I BLAME EVE: Freedom from Perfectionism, Control Issues, and the Tendency to Listen to Talking Snakes
Author: Susanna Foth Aughtmon
Publisher: Revell
April 2012
ISBN: 978-0800720476
Genre: Nonfiction/women’s issues

When Eve ate the fruit, we lost the out on the perfect life—but that doesn’t stop us from trying, does it?

What would happen if we stopped trying to be perfect and started trying to be His?

In I BLAME EVE, Ms. Aughtmon reminds us of the biblical story of Adam and Eve and then goes on
Katy
Apr 20, 2012 Katy rated it it was amazing
I have read Susanna's other books, and I even follow her blog (Confessions of a Tired Supergirl) and I still haven't gotten tired of her witty, self deprecating style, her blunt honesty, or the poetry of the scriptures she uses. Her perspective is fresh and funny, and yet she is one author who can be funny while bringing serious issues to task.

This book is her best yet, I think. I never related to Eve in such a real way before and I think I may be a little kinder to my great, great (plus some m
Gary
Apr 20, 2012 Gary rated it it was amazing
Gary's wife Katy thought...

Susanna Foth Aughtmon did it even better in this, her third book. I can't believe how close to home she hit me this time! I surely never thought I had any issues with perfectionism or control, but she opened my eyes in a big way. I love her perspective on Eve and I think I can relate to my ancestor when I say that neither of us thought we were trying to do better for our life than GOD already was. But guess what? Yeah. That.

Susanna writes in such a personal style it's
Pathway Midland
May 05, 2012 Pathway Midland rated it really liked it
Susanna Foth Aughtmon wrote another great book in "I Blame Eve: Freedom from Perfectionism, Control Issues and the Tendency to Listen to Talking snakes." Aughtmon writes with great wit and honesty, which makes it very easy to relate to while reading.
In this book, she centers on how we need to shift our way of thinking from trying to be perfect and just focus on being the Lord's. She encourages the reader, without condemning her and reminds us to relinquish control to God for all issues they may
Jill
Sep 30, 2015 Jill rated it it was ok
I sort of liked this, but sort of didn't. It seemed to me that the author was trying too hard to be cool, or something. It seemed a little too simple...all sin points to Eve. And while it pretty much is that simple, something didn't seem quite right. I think I'm spoiled by the likes of Jen Hatmaker and Lisa TerKuerst who have this style of writing down pat. I did pick up a few one lines, and was happy to have a quick 175 pages to read instead of a longer novel, but still felt, ehhn.
Ariel
Mar 25, 2012 Ariel rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! At first I was expecting it to entirely focus on how women tend to blame others for their problems. I was surprised to find that each chapter focused on a different aspect of Eve's personality, and how it can manifest in a woman's life in the current day. I related with most of them, but I wasn't too surprised about that haha. Whether or not you think you can relate to Eve, I recommend all women to read this book. You just might be surprised what you discover!
Ginger
May 07, 2012 Ginger rated it it was amazing
with characteristic wit and humor, Aughtmon pricks the heart and illuminates the historical and theological source of perfectionism and control issues. Easy to read, but take it a chapter at a time to digest this highly nutritious soul food. I'm now reading through it again because it's so good, I need to get this through me.
Mary
Apr 24, 2012 Mary rated it really liked it
Easy read. Susanna is very relatable and enjoyable to read. Short chapters with stories, humor, and biblical tie in.
Amy
Dec 29, 2012 Amy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spirit
Thank you Susanna for your amazing insight and wit. I was in tears by the end of this book. A must re-read or at the very least review from time to time. Great stuff.
Jen
Mar 22, 2013 Jen rated it really liked it
Read this with my moms group. The chapters are both light and deep filled with truth and humor. An easy read and our moms group had really fantastic discussions around it that built us up as a group.
Kay
Jul 16, 2014 Kay rated it it was amazing
Really enjoy this author! A girl after my own heart. Her books will bring you closer to God that is for sure.
Michelle
Michelle rated it really liked it
Mar 30, 2012
Stefanie Brown
Stefanie Brown rated it it was amazing
Apr 21, 2012
Marissa
Marissa rated it really liked it
Oct 29, 2014
Marilyn Fisk
Marilyn Fisk rated it really liked it
Nov 25, 2014
Hannah
Hannah rated it really liked it
May 24, 2013
Heather
Heather rated it really liked it
Feb 09, 2017
Sara
Sara rated it it was amazing
Oct 15, 2014
Maria Swann
Maria Swann rated it really liked it
Apr 24, 2014
Jessie Buckmaster
Jessie Buckmaster rated it it was amazing
Sep 03, 2013
Andrea Perry
Andrea Perry rated it it was amazing
Sep 23, 2013
Shawnie
Shawnie rated it really liked it
Jul 25, 2011
Matthew
Matthew rated it it was amazing
Feb 02, 2016
Rosalie
Rosalie rated it it was amazing
Aug 25, 2014
Elyse Berninger
Elyse Berninger rated it liked it
May 19, 2015
Rachel
Rachel rated it it was amazing
Dec 18, 2012
Courtney Carter
Courtney Carter rated it really liked it
Aug 31, 2015
Eleane
Eleane rated it it was amazing
Apr 14, 2012
Author and speaker Susanna Foth Aughtmon is the mother of three and the wife of Scott, the lead pastor of Pathway Church, in Redwood City, California. Using humor, authenticity, and the truth of scripture, she connects with her readers through her many books including, I Blame Eve: Freedom from Perfectionism, Control Issues and the Tendency to Listen to Talking Snakes.
More about Susanna Foth Aughtmon...