Start by marking “Afrekening (Darkest Powers, #3)” as Want to Read:
Afrekening (Darkest Powers, #3)

Afrekening (Darkest Powers #3)

4.23 of 5 stars 4.23  ·  rating details  ·  76,597 ratings  ·  2,937 reviews
Afrekening is het laatste deel in de succesvolle Darkest Powers-trilogie. In deze grande finale komt de lezer erachter of Chloe eindelijk normaal kan worden.

Wat ze er zelf over denkt? Ze weet het ook nog niet, maar wat ze wel weet is dat ze dolgraag normaal wil zijn. Haar gevoelens voor een mensenschuwe weerwolf en voor zijn lieve gewone broer – die toevallig een magiër bl
Published April 2011 by Dutch Media Uitgevers (first published April 6th 2010)

Rebekah
June 2010- if derek and chloe do not get together in this book, i think i just might die. really.

September 2012- I'm always so disappointed when I finish this series. Like, "But... what do you mean it's over? We were just getting into some major character development..." disappointed.
I almost wish this series was turned into a tv show just because I like the characters so much.
Heather
It’s nearly impossible for me to write a review for books that I love. I’m never able to do them justice, but I’ll give it a whirl. The Reckoning is the final installment to Kelley Armstrong’s Darkest Powers Trilogy. If you haven’t read The Summoning and The Awakening, I would advise you not to read this installment until you have. The Darkest Powers’ world is constantly evolving and Armstrong doesn’t waste her time catching readers up to what they should already know, which I have to admit, is ...more
Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship}
I'm not going to spoil the story for you but there are plenty of good bits, in fact I noted down my favourite pages to do with Chloe and Derek: 125, 225, 242, 292, 371-2 and 390. The part in the woods with the werewolves was excellent, my eyes were glued to the pages. I love how Chloe and Derek are determined to protect each other at great risk to their own lives.

This may be a young adult trilogy but it didn't always feel like it, in a good way of course. Derek calling Chloe on her mistakes and
Morgan F
Okay, okay, okay. Four stars.

See, I enjoy these books while reading them, and its not until afterwards that I realize their faults. I get sucked into the easy writing and run-and-hide plot. Its certainly a good way to spend a few hours.

This series could have been one book, because really, the plot of these books is pretty much running, hiding, moments of sexual tension, and the occasional revelation. Take a cheese grater to this series, and you might just have one excellent YA paranormal.

If yo
Tatiana
Apr 19, 2010 Tatiana rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of first 2 books in the trilogy
As seen on The Readventurer

I love Kelley Armstrong. I love her adult "Women of the Otherworld" series. I do not love her YA books, I think they are just OK reads, with overabundance of action but lacking actual plot and satisfying story resolutions. The same applies to this final book in the Chloe Saunders trilogy.

Most likely, if you enjoyed "The Summoning" and "The Awakening," I expect you will like "The Reckoning," because it's basically more of the same - the same running around scenarios wit
BlebeTanja
The. Best. Friggin'. Series. I've read in a long long long long long (you get the picture) time. I was thrilled. Super-excited. Impressed. So glad someone restored my faith in believing there could still be good books in the world. Thank you, Kelley Armstrong. You did great.
I can't express with words how superb this book (and series) was. Everything about this book appealed to me. The likeable characters, the imaginative plot, the way how the love triangle was portrayed, even though it wasn't ev
Stephanie
Aug 25, 2009 Stephanie marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Derek and Chloe have such a connection! I really hope they do something about it in this book!!!!! Make out.... Do the Do... BUT DO SOMETHING!!!! lol
Kayla
Dec 10, 2009 Kayla marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I cannot wait for this book. I just finished the first 2 and they were amazing!!!! I love Derek and Chloe...Sorry Simon. I also just got done reading the first 3 chapters of this one, it's gonna be GREAT!!!
Michele (Reading Lark/CanadianTwiMom)

My review can also be found on Reading Lark: http://readinglark.blogspot.ca/2012/0...

LOVED IT!!

The Reckoning, the third book in the Darkest Powers trilogy, starts off with intensity and ends triumphantly. And all good stuff in between!

Unfortunately, it's going to be hard to write a review without some spoilers... but I'll try to keep the major ones out.

Where the first two books lacked in a bit of romance, it was made up for in this book! Chloe and Derek's budding romance was such a refreshing ch
xtina
not with a bang but a whimper

(I wouldn't normally write such a lengthy review for a book that disappointed me as much as this one (why waste any more time on it!?) - but the more I got to thinking about the issues I had with this book, yet more and more troubling issues kept occurring to me, and the angrier I became...so the review just grew and grew. Sorry.)

Unlike the previous two installments of the Darkest Powers Series, which are driven both by plot and character development, The Reckoning i
Phoebe
Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten)
Strange Panda
"The Reckoning" Has not yet been put on the shelves, But my Mother works for a book company and so I have gotten the book early. I am currently reading this book and it is just like the first two books, Exciting. If you have read "The Summoning," and "The Awakening," You defiantly want to read this book! I have just finished this book and it was diligent! I loved it! Suggestion for the ending, don't think "omg, why did hey end it like that, the should have explaned what happends more and bla bla ...more
Rosanne
Monisha
I devoured this book.

Read it in one setting even and I was glad to see The Reckoning took us back to The Summoning eerie roots.

MY review for :
->The Summoning(Book 1)

->The Awakening(Book 2)

Chloe and Derek's budding romance was such a refreshing change from the typica
Jude

This book was just the right amount of EVERYTHING. As a matter of fact: It. Was. Perfect.

Action. Mystery. Fear. Romance. Passion. Truths. Not-wanted truths. And Trouble. Lots of trouble.

All of this and more is poured into the pages of The Reckoning, soaking every page of it. This book was a little bit more focused to the relationship between Chloe and Derek, but still keeping up with all the action. It was really fun and trilling to see Chloe struggle with
Malerie
Can't wait because the last one leaves you hanging something terrible!!! If you haven't read the series, you must. It's good.
Michelle
Katherine
Lucy
I would not have liked the Darkest Powers series had I not had all three books to read back to back. It's not that I have no patience. I do have a modicum of patience. I keep it in a jar on my desk. No, the problem with reading the Darkest Powers spaced out over the course of the three years they were published is pretty closely aligned with the problem I'm going to have reviewing them. The three books more or less equate one story. There are very few small arches to these books, the first two b ...more
Kyle
3.5

One of those books that you can't help saying "Aw, well isn't that sweet" when you finsih it and genuinely mean it.

Still had plenty of issues with it. However, compared to the first two, especially the second novel The Awakening, this one was pretty good, and better than some recently published paranormal novels.

Not going to do a full review, just list my biggest complaint with this book. While it did have me saying "Aw" and having a slight smile on my face, that ending isn't a good one, sin
Kristi
FINALLY!

All I am going to say is that Chloe finally picked a guy and it was the one I wanted! Wooohooo! I don't even care what happened in the rest of the book, I just wanted that to happen and it did!

First off, I am a huge fan of this series. I love the story, the characters, the world that Armstrong has created. That being said, The Reckoning wasn't my favorite book of the series.

That being said, it felt like the plot was going in circles again with the whole Edison group thing. I understand t
Emily
little machines
I so loved how this series ended. :D Just how I wanted it too. And just who I wanted Chloe to be with. <3
Shannon (shananagins) Jones
I liked this book better than the second one, but at the end I am very frustrated! There are soooo many plot holes and unanswered questions! Is there going to be another book, or did the author just choose to leave all this unanswered?

I would have given this 2 1/2 stars. I did enjoy these books, They are quick, fun reads, and she develops the young characters very well. I really love the personalities of all the kids, they are well thought out and believable. On the whole, this series would hav
Megan
The Reckoning is not the best written YA, and it will never be a YA series that strongly impacts adults. The entire Darkest Powers series is filled with flaws. There is not nearly enough plot to fill 3 books, the kids are constantly on the run while wondering who to trust and where to go, the big action scenes are confusing, conflicts between the kids are very easily resolved ~ in fact, the love triangle is solved way too amicably to be believed, … but even so, this was an enjoyable read.

As al
Marissa
I cant wait for this book to come out. Derek and Chloe soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo better become an item. They have that POW!!!!!! that simon and chloe will never ever ever ever have. I love kelley armstrong her writing is amazing!!!!!!!!!
Maha
i can't wait to read this.
derek and chloe better have a makeout session
lmfao.
Chloe and Derek? or Chloe and Simon? 131 387 Sep 30, 2014 07:02PM
Darkest Powers by...: ending? 9 66 Sep 07, 2014 09:19AM
found a song that totaly says Chole 7 54 Sep 02, 2014 09:36AM
Chole and Derek??? 88 519 Sep 02, 2014 05:18AM
loose ends/unanswered questions 17 184 May 17, 2014 07:54PM
Crazy for Young A...: The Reckoning (Darkest Powers #3) by Kelley Armstrong → Start Date: April 4th, 2014 24 30 Apr 14, 2014 12:43PM
Interested in Joining a Darkest Powers Roleplaying Group? 3 12 Oct 06, 2013 11:01AM
  • Jealousy (Strange Angels, #3)
  • My Soul to Save (Soul Screamers, #2)
  • Darkness Falls (Immortal Beloved, #2)
  • Secrets and Shadows (13 to Life, #2)
  • Radiant Shadows (Wicked Lovely, #4)
  • The Haunted (The Hollow, #2)
  • Trial by Fire (Raised by Wolves, #2)
  • Demonglass (Hex Hall, #2)
  • Desires of the Dead (The Body Finder, #2)
  • The Forbidden Game (The Forbidden Game, #1-3)
  • The Iron Queen (The Iron Fey, #3)
  • Unraveled (Intertwined, #2)
  • Whispers at Moonrise (Shadow Falls, #4)
  • Red Glove (Curse Workers, #2)
  • The Demon's Covenant (The Demon's Lexicon, #2)
  • Gone (Dream Catcher, #3)
  • Feast of Fools (The Morganville Vampires, #4)

More about Kelley Armstrong...
The Summoning (Darkest Powers, #1) The Awakening (Darkest Powers, #2) Bitten (Women of the Otherworld #1) The Gathering (Darkness Rising, #1) Stolen (Women of the Otherworld #2)

“You were just worried about me."
An exhale, relieved that I had understood. "Yeah"
I turned. "Because you think I'm worth it"
He put his fingers under my chin. "I absolutely think your worth it."
"But you don't think you are."
His mouth opened. Shut.
"That's what this is about, Derek. You won't let us worry about you because you don't think you're worth it. But I do. I absolutely do.”
707 likes
“So I was right, wasn't I? It's still you, even in wolf form.'
He grunted.
No sudden uncontrollable urges to go kill something?'
He rolled his eyes.
Hey, you're the one who was worried.' I paused. 'And I don't smell like dinner, right?'
I got a real look for that one.
Just covering all the bases.”
466 likes