Start by marking “The Hot Girl's Friend” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
The Hot Girl's Friend

Lisa Scott

The Hot Girl's Friend (Flirts! #1)

3.66  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,346 Ratings  ·  144 Reviews
“The Hot Girl’s Friend”
How can a plain Jane find love when her best friend is a curvy, blonde man magnet?

Jane usually busies herself during a night on the town, fending off the men lusting after her gorgeous friend Miranda. When Brady the bartender overhears her inspired, ludicrous excuses, he resolves to hook up Jane with his friends. But Jane would be quite happy with
Nook, 0 pages
Published June 19th 2011 by Lisa Scott, via Smashwords (first published June 18th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Hot Girl's Friend, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Hot Girl's Friend

LaQuita (Just Us Girls)
I got this free short story ebook today as I was browsing the internet looking for something quick and simple and something that would cheer me up since my youngest started school today.

I found "The Hot Girl's Friend," and absolutely adored this story. It's about two friends, your typical gorgeous, needs to be center of attention friend and the average looking friend who gets stuck alone when it comes to finding love.

This story not only made me laugh with the humor, but at times I found my blush
Joana

I was looking for a short and fun book to read, and I'm glad I found this one!

Jane it's used to be in the shadow of her best friend Melody...if they go to the bar, every man attention it's to her blonde bombshell friend. So she is used to help her friend, from some unwanted attention, making up hilarious excuses (like, she just got out of jail and so on)...and it's caught up lying by the handsome bartender Brady.

One thing, leads to another, and a bet is made! And they both get more the
Lady Raven RAVE!
http://www.romancenoveljunkies.com / for book lovers and readers.

BRIEF SUMMARY

Jane is Miranda's friend, and they are usually out together during their nights out. Jane helps fending off the men for Miranda, because she is gorgeous and every guy’s fantasy. With a hot girlfriend like Miranda, Jane wonders how is a girl like her suppose to find her happy ending.

THOUGHTS

Flirts! 5 Romantic Short Stories, is a small collection of stories by the author. Some of the books in the collections are free and
Esmeralda
May 01, 2015 Esmeralda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ok so I was bored and looking for free books when this book caught my eye. I really like this short story it made me feel all giddy and gullible. And I feel like I have butterfly's in my stomach. I think the author did a job well done with this short story. She made 2 people realize they like each other in 113 pages and in those 113 pages I felt a whole bunch of emotions. And I can't wait to read" flirts". So if your looking for a short story that makes you feel giddy then this book is for you.
Ananda
I hardly write reviews about books I didn't like, but funny..today I feel inspired and actually have something to say about this short story. I will try to be as constructive as I can, cause though I'm rating it 1 star, it really doesn't mean the story completely sucked and that someone else won't like it. As I always say, reviews are subjective, so if you still feel like reading this story (even though you'll read this review) it's perfectly OK.

Ok, got that off my chest and now moving on with t
Betty
Jul 27, 2013 Betty rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jane is at the local bar when her friend, Miranda comes in. Jane moves to the dance floor and she and Miranda start the dancing up. Little by little the dance floor fills up and Jane leaves Miranda in the company of two male dancers. This is a common occurrence for the two women. Jane has a habit of screening prospective 'dates' for Miranda. Miranda is a tall sexy blonde man magnet and Jane is the sort of average looking friend. This particular night Jane ends up in conversation with the barten ...more
Fatima Fayez
Sep 30, 2011 Fatima Fayez rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lisa Scott's "The Hot Girl's Friend" is a light breezy read, perfect for those who need an entertaining story that won't make you feel guilty for spending the time doing something else (in my case it was working on my thesis). Jane follows her "hot friend" Miranda and fends off guys that try to approach Miranda with funny excuses. A bartender overhears Jane and is intrigued by the her comebacks. She explains to him that, as "the hot girl's friend," men only approach her to get to Miranda. He dec ...more
E.
[authorimage:Lisa Scott|470274

Check out this GREAT author! She has Three (3) AbFAB books FREE on Amazon and B&N.
Lisa Scott's books are great pick me ups and awesome for a laugh. Read one or ALL three of Lisa's FREE reads… you'll want ALL her books!!! :-))

Ali
Aug 10, 2012 Ali rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Super cute short story, really predictable. c:
You can read the rest of my review and others at From Bows to Books..
Selina
Simple, short and predictable. But it's still a cute, funny and lovely story.
Chrissy
Aug 09, 2012 Chrissy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2012, ebook
2.5 stars.
Amazon freebie.

So this is the second story I've read by Lisa Scott, and thus far 100% of her heroines have been self-conscious women unhappy with their appearances who have seemingly no issue whatsoever judging men by how *they* look. But, since this story obviously (I mean, look at the cover) has no intention of taking itself seriously, I'll let that one slide. I mean, nobody is trying to make a political statement here, right?

THE HOT GIRL'S FRIEND is about Jane, your everyday average
Sophia
Apr 29, 2013 Sophia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This sassy short story packed a fun punch. It is the second one I've read by Lisa Scott and I just love what she can do with a short story format.

Jane is the consummate best friend of the beautiful vivacious girl. Jane's got her own looks and sparkle going on, but she can't see it and feels constantly eclipsed by her friend. While out together at a bar, Jane is doing her job helping to fend off unwanted guys from Miranda, when she finds herself enjoying the time spent with the bartender, Brady.
Elyssa Szkirpan
“The Hot Girl’s Friend,” A Short Story by Lisa Scott

As a woman, it’s only natural to compare ourselves to other women. Whether we’re pretty, tall, or skinny, there’s always someone prettier, taller, and skinnier. Ergo, it’s completely natural to hate the existence of this other woman. But what if the other woman is your best friend?

Meet Jane. Jane is a successful veterinarian, prankster, and the perfect girl-next-door. Enter Miranda: Jane’s gorgeous, six-foot-tall blonde bombshell best friend. W
Nyssa
Cliched and predictable - yes! Adorable, sweet, and even a little bit heartwarming - Absolutely.

You can probably tell this story by the title alone, and most certainly by the blurb/synopsis, but it was a cute read anyway. While Jane's self-deprecating manner was on the annoying side, there really wouldn't have been a (short) story without it. Plus, her razor sharp wit, when it came to repelling undesirables, made up for her self-doubt and added a chuckle or two as well.
Natalia
Feb 28, 2016 Natalia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Прочитала эту книгу в поезде во время поездки домой на телефоне, так как заняться все равно было не чем, а бесплатные книги не очень хорошо представлены.

Легкое, забавное и доброе произведение как раз для таких целей. Итоги: поднято настроение, пол часа времени проведены не в пустую и, если мне попадется что-то еще этого автора, я определенно буду читать. Чем-то напоминает по легкости и атмосферности Саган.

Советую, тем более, что произведение короткое.
Cozen
Jan 20, 2015 Cozen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a very short story. However, it was perfect for what I needed. Overall flow was good. The author did a great job of connecting the two leads without having to lay waste to an entire forest. It didn't quite get to my normal level of sexy but the comedy was just my type of sarcastic dry humor. And most importantly, it was one for the little guy... or gal. With me trying to shorten my long list of freebees and other waiting unread titles in my ebook library, the current rate being 1 read t ...more
Leilani
Apr 14, 2015 Leilani rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thought this was an amusing adorable little short story read, getting straight to the point with no detail on the distractions leading to the most anticipated and hopeful moments. The relationship between the main female lead and male are obvious, though the true intentions aren't revealed as quickly and the the plot pleasantly realistic. A nice little quick read.
Mck
Jul 09, 2014 Mck rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Eh? Typical underdog story of the dumpy girl finding love. It was practically free so I'm not mad at it. Sometimes the actual action of reading to keep your brain sharp is worth it. If you don't read, you'll get stupid. I hope this book somehow prevented me from getting dumber instead of me just wasting my time on a story that's been told 9798654367 times.
Carra
Mar 14, 2014 Carra rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this short story...I actually think this would be a great longer book if the author could expand upon the characters' backstories and Jane & Brady's plot line. I found the writing upbeat and funny; the interactions between Jane and Brady were cute and sweet even if the story itself was a bit predictable. A great, quick read that will lift your spirits!
Lucy
A short novella you can grab on B&N for free right now, this short is actually pretty cute. As it's a short, the characters obviously don't get as much face time as they would in a full-length book, but they're much better developed than I would have expected and I really did enjoy it. The banter between the two leads is probably the best part of the story.
Katie Rodante
So, the hot girl's friend isn't hot. Jane is average, and her friend Miranda gets all the attention while they're out at bars.

And while they're out at a particular bar, a cute bartender named Brady tries to convince Jane she has more going for her than she knows, and she can totally get a date within three weeks if she really tries.

Jane says hell no I can't, Brady says yes you can.. and there's your plot.

The plot is obviously recycled and not a new idea, but it still makes for an okay read.

Bonus
Ju
Stumbled upon this free short story accidentally while browsing iTunes store and thought why the hell not. A funny, light and quick read. Exactly what one would expect after reading the synopsis. Witty characters, hilarious dialogue, lil bit of drama, fluffy romance and tons of fun overall. Not to mention very likable characters. The protagonist, Jane, is a cynical bitch, sorta. With a gorgeous crazy best friend. One night, she meets one very cute bartender with amazing dimples (well, according ...more
Ivy Deluca
Aug 01, 2015 Ivy Deluca rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nerdy-love, novella
The Premise
Can the Plain Jane finally get the guy?

Jane is the friend of Miranda, the hot girl who Jane protects by fending off the unwanted advances of random guys, never being seen for her own attractions until she meets Brady, the bartender who overhears her outrageous stories to get rid of said guys.

The Good
Surprising little novella that really worked for me because it took the time to develop the H/h attraction through showing vs. telling, my fave kind. Dialogue was good, the chemistry was
Sandhya
Jan 12, 2014 Sandhya rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lisa Scott is one of the new authors i discovered while browsing through smashwords. And you know, i was just like wow...most of her books are romantic short stories which i loved and i was just hooked to it for this whole weekend! Even though the short stories are just 30 to 35 pages, they are so beautifully written....
Hot girl's friend was an awesome book...about jane and Brady.
Sweet and cute romance.
I'm going to go on a full spring reading till i read all her short stories!
Amaranthine
Truly one of those cases of "can't judge a book by its cover", I almost bypassed this one based on title alone. It just sounded so insipid, which is really unfortunate, because the story is quite engaging and almost sweet.
Kenechi Udogu
Jun 09, 2014 Kenechi Udogu rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lovely novella about a self deprecating woman who finds love when she isn't looking for it. It's all a little obvious but, as part of a series titled "Flirts", what else do you expect? Recommended for a light quick read.
Hanouf
Jul 14, 2014 Hanouf rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was bored and i wanted to read something simple, so i downloaded it from ibooks. It's a very lovely, cute and short story! what i loved the most was the whole making up excuses part, it was funny!!!
Sandy
May 06, 2014 Sandy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cute story

This is a cute short story. It shows that looks aren't everything. The right guy doesn't care about that. The humor in this book keeps you laughing.
Jamee Pritchard
Dec 05, 2011 Jamee Pritchard rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Hot Girl's Friend is a short story about twenty-something plain Jane. Her best friend is a tall, curvy blond who is used to having (and stealing) all the attention from the so-called less attractive girls like Jane. After befriending a cute bartender and making a bet, she soon discovers that she may not be as plain as she thought she was.

This short story is a fun, easy read. It's both witty and charming, a great addition to the chick-lit/romance genre. The dialogue flows well, and the chara
Ⓑookish Ⓞne
Jul 11, 2013 Ⓑookish Ⓞne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Miranda is a 6 foot tall leggy blond most guys are (literally) falling for. Miranda is only looking for a "no strings attached" hook up. Jane Jameson is the 5'4 witty brunette, Miranda's bestfriend, her wingman who's always on "the sideline".

Tonight at McGinty's is no different. As Miranda is constantly surrounded by admirers. Jane watches from the side where she meets bartender Brady Flynn. No doubt, there was an instant connection. Jane is attracted to Brady but assumes Brady is interested in
  • A Wedding Story
  • Needing Nita (Serve and Protect, #3.5)
  • Nikki and the Vampire
  • Bootscootin' Blahniks (The Bootscootin' Books #1)
  • Aliens Are Real, Part 1 (Energy, #1)
  • A Holiday to Remember
  • Christmas Love
  • Friends With Benefits
  • Light This Candle
  • The Hand That Holds Mine
  • A Grizzly Kind Of Love (The Mating Game Book 3)
  • Love in Bloom
  • Return to Pearl Island: Bonus Chapters
  • The Chronicles of Marr-nia (Short Stories Starring Barbara Marr)
  • Going Berserk (Berserker Mate's, #1.5)
  • Taboo (Shades of Deception, #2)
  • A Special Ops Christmas
  • A Regency Holiday
I'm a former TV news anchor who know writes fiction for a living. I publish collections of sweet, sassy romantic short stories called Flirts! Bell Bridge books is publishing my Willowdale Romance Series. No Foolin' debuts November 25, 2012.
More about Lisa Scott...