Start by marking “Selections from the Book of Psalms: Authorized King James Version (Pocket Canons)” as Want to Read:

4.67 of 5 stars 4.67  ·  rating details  ·  15 ratings  ·  3 reviews
The publication of the King James version of the Bible, translated between 1603 and 1611, coincided with an extraordinary flowering of English literature and is universally acknowledged as the greatest influence on English-language literature in history. Now, world-class literary writers introduce the books of the King James Bible in a series of beautifully designed, small ...more
Published November 1999 by Grove Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Selections from the Book of Psalms, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Selections from the Book of Psalms

Paul
I can only give 5* to the book of psalms in any edition BUT of special interest here is the introduction by Bono. Having seem U2 in their early days when Bono was very open and direct about his Christian faith over the years their faith has become less frequently so explicit. Bono's thoughts as to the life of David - his sin and dependence on God's grace for forgiveness - are fresh and encouraging.
Skip
The Psalms have always been one of my favorite books of the Bible, and from which I have drawn much wisdom and strength during my life. However, this is extra-special to me because the Foreword was written by none other than Bono, lead vocalist of U2, in which he speaks about his Christian faith and his belief that David, the acknowledged author of the Psalms, was one of the first blues writers.
Chilly
I don't read much KJV but the Psalms are just fun in "old english" - also, this little guy is worth it just for the introduction by Bono!!
Christopher Kanas
Christopher Kanas marked it as to-read
May 12, 2014
Edward
Edward added it
Dec 12, 2014
Nicki
Nicki marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2013
Josh Brennan
Josh Brennan marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2013
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2013
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2013
Jenn Cherry
Jenn Cherry marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2013
Danny Wong
Danny Wong marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2012