Start by marking “A Cold Hard Trail” as Want to Read:
A Cold Hard Trail

A Cold Hard Trail

3.43  ·  Rating Details  ·  7 Ratings  ·  3 Reviews
"The devil's on my tail, and he's wearing a badge. Arrested for a robbery I didn't commit, I broke out of jail and took it on the 1 a.m. I had no choice. No sheriff's going to believe I have a double-unless I find the outlaw myself. If I live that long."

The Fosterville sheriff's bagged a few outlaws. The trouble is, Kid Parmlee, his buddy Zeb, and his Pa are dead ringers
Published April 15th 2001 by St. Martin's Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about A Cold Hard Trail, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Cold Hard Trail

Brian Turner
Jul 16, 2015 Brian Turner rated it really liked it
Shelves: westerns
Kid Parmlee and his partner Zeb Pike get mistook for bank robbers, and work on clearing their names.
Told in a "Western" vernacular, it's a bit of a struggle to get into, but is worth it once you get past that.
The Kid is a good protagonist and the story seems to be more about his misadventures along the way rather than a gunfight on every page.

The action is good when it gets going, with the usual mix of good and bad folk that you'd expect.
Terry
Jun 21, 2014 Terry rated it liked it
Shelves: western
Once you become comfortable with the vernacular Kid Parmlee grows on you. lol.
Rick Hollis
Jul 29, 2013 Rick Hollis rated it did not like it
Shelves: western
I like a good Western. This was one did not have a great plot and the authors attempts at dialogue fell flat to the point of amnoying me big time. Every new character entered, they became Ole X. No matter how long they were arround: Ole Chastain, Ole Red, Ole Weaver, Ole Churkee, Ole Etcetera. Where was his editor?
Ann Newman
Ann Newman rated it really liked it
Feb 24, 2016
Kristen Suagee-beauduy
Kristen Suagee-beauduy marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2015
Ben
Ben rated it liked it
Oct 26, 2013
JR
JR rated it really liked it
May 04, 2013
Jana
Jana rated it it was amazing
Feb 26, 2013
Robert J. Conley was a Cherokee author and enrolled member of the Cherokee Nation, a federally recognized tribe of American Indians. In 2007, he received the Lifetime Achievement Award from the Native Writers' Circle of the Americas.
More about Robert J. Conley...