Start by marking “Woman to Wed ? (The Bride's Bouquet) (Harlequin Presents, No 1883)” as Want to Read:
Woman to Wed ? (The Bride's Bouquet) (Harlequin Presents, No 1883)

Woman to Wed ? (The Bride's Bouquet) (The Bride's Bouquet #1)

THE BRIDE'S BOUQUET

Marriage is out of the question

Claire Marshall: Stepmother to the bride. Wary of love, she has no intention of marrying again.

Brad Stevenson: Finally free of family responsibility, has no desire for further ties and emotional commitment.

Persuaded to take on one last family task, Brad is brought into Claire's well-ordered life. She provokes him, intri

Kindle Edition
Published (first published 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Woman to Wed ? (The Bride's Bouquet), please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Woman to Wed ? (The Bride's Bouquet)

Grace Harwood
May 15, 2013 Grace Harwood rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I was so torn with this book - does it deserve one star because it really is utter crap; or does it deserve five, because it's actually so terrible, it's good? I've gone for one, but there's a great deal of comic appeal in this book and if (like me) you're a bit of a student of the genre, then this book has a lot to offer.

My edition of this book was in the Penny Jordan "Wedding Nights" trilogy and I think perhaps the only real strength in the novel is the fact that it is offering three strands o
Rhonda
Jul 24, 2011 Rhonda rated it liked it
Woman to wed is okay. I just had a hard time getting into the book. Which is probably my fault.
Sally fakes falling so her 3 bridesmades would save the boquet. Her step mother Clair, her best friend and her new husband's cousin all make a pact that they don't plan to get married and they will meet up in 3 months as a support group.
Clair had married her husband when she was 22 and became sally stepmom. She knew her husband was still in love with his first wife.
Clair gets bullied by her late husban
Fiona Marsden
Mar 22, 2017 Fiona Marsden rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first in a lighthearted trilogy call The Bride's Bouquet. When Sally gets married, she tricks her three closest friends into catching the bouquet. All three are resistant to marriage for different reasons and they make a pledge to resist the superstition that says they will be next to marry.

Claire is the first friend featured. She is Sally's stepmother and at thirty-four, doesn't believe she will ever marry or feel passion after an incident as a young woman.

When her sister in law ins
Ashia
Sep 06, 2011 Ashia rated it really liked it
When I saw that Harlequin is slowly going to release old books in ebook format, called Harlequin Treasury, I was very excited. Some authors were old favorites, like Penny Jordan, and I'd like to read those works of hers that I'd missed.

WOMAN TO WED? is part of a trilogy of three women who'd vowed never to get married. I'd read another book in the trilogy, BEST MAN TO WED?, years ago, and I was excited to get this book about the stepmother of the bride. The three stories happened more or less on
Kari
Jul 28, 2011 Kari rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2011
Three woman catch the same bouquet and vow to ignore superstition and never get married. Claire is one of those women, yet in Woman to wed? she finds love where she wasn't looking. Woman to Wed? is the first in a series that Penny Jordan wrote for Harlequin in the 1990s. Even though I didn't care too much for this one, I have put the other 2 on hold at my library. I want to know what happens to the other two women who caught the bouquet.

This book was just OK for me. I really had a hard time buy
Cleffairy
Aug 13, 2011 Cleffairy rated it it was ok
Reviewed at: Over A Cuppa Tea
Review date: 13 August 2011
Review link: http://cleffairy.com/?p=5947

I love Penny Jordan works, but this one in particular did not really amuse me or gives me those warm and fuzzy feeling. I feel annoyed with the whole stepmother-stepdaughter relationship instead. The maternal instinct that the heroine in this book had is way too ridiculous and exaggerating to me, considering that the age gap that the heroine had with her stepdaughter is not exactly that far.

Another
Jaime
Aug 31, 2011 Jaime rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, contemporary, arc
~This review is for the ARC as sent via Netgalley~

Penny Jordan's little British romance, Woman To Wed?, is the first entry in a trilogy about women who have eschewed love and marriage. In this one, the woman is a young widow who was not well-served by marriage the first time around. Now she is confronted by an American man who takes lodging in her house and begins changing all her notions about men and matrimony. It's a gentle, sweet story with enjoyable characters. The setting is slightly dated
KC
Claire and Brad did not spend much time together so there wasn't enough romance to satisfy me. In addition, Claire's fear of men and not wanting to have sex seemed extremely unbelievable: (view spoiler) Considering the circumstances, I think Claire's reason was a bit flimsy. It was a close call, but nothing traumatic actually happened. Maybe I'm be ...more
Osan
Osan rated it liked it
Jan 31, 2008
Ashley
Ashley rated it did not like it
Feb 22, 2015
Michelle
Michelle rated it liked it
Apr 25, 2011
ALICE EVANS
ALICE EVANS rated it liked it
Jun 07, 2016
Radia
Radia rated it really liked it
Mar 28, 2014
Paulina Vlachou
Paulina Vlachou rated it liked it
Feb 14, 2016
Charlee
Charlee rated it really liked it
Apr 01, 2013
Mumtaz Rahim
Mumtaz Rahim rated it liked it
Nov 05, 2012
Tarry
Tarry rated it it was ok
Feb 02, 2015
F
F rated it did not like it
Mar 20, 2013
Jules
Jules rated it really liked it
May 22, 2015
Heather L
Heather L rated it really liked it
Nov 20, 2007
Rhettmeg
Rhettmeg rated it it was ok
Sep 20, 2012
Maverickgirl31
Maverickgirl31 rated it liked it
Nov 01, 2014
Ansonja
Ansonja rated it liked it
Jul 20, 2013
Retha Kemp
Retha Kemp rated it liked it
Jul 14, 2013
Robyn
Robyn rated it really liked it
Apr 28, 2009
Lauren
Lauren rated it did not like it
Jul 03, 2012
Brenda Roberts
Brenda Roberts rated it really liked it
Aug 23, 2014
Gethsy
Gethsy rated it really liked it
Aug 21, 2014
Jesse
Jesse added it
Dec 07, 2007
Christine
Christine rated it it was amazing
Sep 16, 2009
« previous 1 3 next »
19687
Penelope Jones Halsall
aka Caroline Courtney, Annie Groves, Lydia Hitchcock, Melinda Wright

Penelope "Penny" Jones was born on November 24, 1946 at about seven pounds in a nursing home in Preston, Lancashire, England. She was the first child of Anthony Winn Jones, an engineer, who died at 85, and his wife Margaret Louise Groves Jones. She has a brother, Anthony, and a sister, Prudence "Pru".

She had
More about Penny Jordan...

The Bride's Bouquet (3 books)
  • Best Man to Wed?