Start by marking “Woman to Wed ? (The Bride's Bouquet) (Harlequin Presents, No 1883)” as Want to Read:
Woman to Wed ? (The Bride's Bouquet) (Harlequin Presents, No 1883)

Woman to Wed ? (The Bride's Bouquet) (The Bride's Bouquet #1)

3.04 of 5 stars 3.04  ·  rating details  ·  47 ratings  ·  6 reviews

THE BRIDE'S BOUQUET

Marriage is out of the question…

Claire Marshall: Stepmother to the bride. Wary of love, she has no intention of marrying again.

Brad Stevenson: Finally free of family responsibility, has no desire for further ties and emotional commitment.

Persuaded to take on one last family task, Brad is brought into Claire's well-ordered life. She provokes him, intri

Kindle Edition
Published (first published 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Woman to Wed ? (The Bride's Bouquet), please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Woman to Wed ? (The Bride's Bouquet)

Ashia
When I saw that Harlequin is slowly going to release old books in ebook format, called Harlequin Treasury, I was very excited. Some authors were old favorites, like Penny Jordan, and I'd like to read those works of hers that I'd missed.

WOMAN TO WED? is part of a trilogy of three women who'd vowed never to get married. I'd read another book in the trilogy, BEST MAN TO WED?, years ago, and I was excited to get this book about the stepmother of the bride. The three stories happened more or less on
Grace Harwood
I was so torn with this book - does it deserve one star because it really is utter crap; or does it deserve five, because it's actually so terrible, it's good? I've gone for one, but there's a great deal of comic appeal in this book and if (like me) you're a bit of a student of the genre, then this book has a lot to offer.

My edition of this book was in the Penny Jordan "Wedding Nights" trilogy and I think perhaps the only real strength in the novel is the fact that it is offering three strands o
Kari
Aug 03, 2011 Kari rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2011
Three woman catch the same bouquet and vow to ignore superstition and never get married. Claire is one of those women, yet in Woman to wed? she finds love where she wasn't looking. Woman to Wed? is the first in a series that Penny Jordan wrote for Harlequin in the 1990s. Even though I didn't care too much for this one, I have put the other 2 on hold at my library. I want to know what happens to the other two women who caught the bouquet.

This book was just OK for me. I really had a hard time buy
Cleffairy
Reviewed at: Over A Cuppa Tea
Review date: 13 August 2011
Review link: http://cleffairy.com/?p=5947

I love Penny Jordan works, but this one in particular did not really amuse me or gives me those warm and fuzzy feeling. I feel annoyed with the whole stepmother-stepdaughter relationship instead. The maternal instinct that the heroine in this book had is way too ridiculous and exaggerating to me, considering that the age gap that the heroine had with her stepdaughter is not exactly that far.

Another
Rhonda
Woman to wed is okay. I just had a hard time getting into the book. Which is probably my fault.
Sally fakes falling so her 3 bridesmades would save the boquet. Her step mother Clair, her best friend and her new husband's cousin all make a pact that they don't plan to get married and they will meet up in 3 months as a support group.
Clair had married her husband when she was 22 and became sally stepmom. She knew her husband was still in love with his first wife.
Clair gets bullied by her late husban
Jaime
~This review is for the ARC as sent via Netgalley~

Penny Jordan's little British romance, Woman To Wed?, is the first entry in a trilogy about women who have eschewed love and marriage. In this one, the woman is a young widow who was not well-served by marriage the first time around. Now she is confronted by an American man who takes lodging in her house and begins changing all her notions about men and matrimony. It's a gentle, sweet story with enjoyable characters. The setting is slightly dated
Jessica Lee
Jessica Lee marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2014
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2014
Natasha
Natasha marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2014
Ami
Ami marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Myra Martinez
Myra Martinez marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2014
Avin Desa
Avin Desa marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
Julz
Julz marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Lawanda Mckenzie
Lawanda Mckenzie marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Ico
Ico marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
noemi
noemi marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2014
Theresa
Theresa marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2014
Deepthi Terenz
Deepthi Terenz marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
19687
Penelope Jones Halsall
aka Caroline Courtney, Annie Groves, Lydia Hitchcock, Melinda Wright

Penelope "Penny" Jones was born on November 24, 1946 at about seven pounds in a nursing home in Preston, Lancashire, England. She was the first child of Anthony Winn Jones, an engineer, who died at 85, and his wife Margaret Louise Groves Jones. She has a brother, Anthony, and a sister, Prudence "Pru".

She had
More about Penny Jordan...

The Bride's Bouquet (3 books)
  • Best Man to Wed?
  • Too Wise to Wed?
The Sheikh's Virgin Bride (Sheikh's Arabian Nights, #1) The Demetrios Virgin The Blackmail Baby (Wedlocked!) (Harlequin Presents, 2247) Marriage: To Claim his Twins (Romance) The Italian Duke's Wife (By Royal Command) (Harlequin Presents #2529)