Start by marking “Woman of the Frontier” as Want to Read:
Woman of the Frontier

Woman of the Frontier

3.6 of 5 stars 3.60  ·  rating details  ·  58 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Too controversial for publication the way it was written, Five Star is proud to offer for the first time ever, the restored version of Zane Grey's Woman of the Frontier, as it was originally written. In it Logan Huett, a former Army Scout, discovers magnificent Sycamore Cation in central Arizona and wires Lucinda Baker in Missouri with his proposal of marriage. But the cru ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 317 pages
Published May 28th 2000 by Leisure Books (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Woman of the Frontier, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Woman of the Frontier

Katie
Jul 11, 2012 Katie rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Yes
Recommended to Katie by: Rented From Library
Loved it, First Western book I've read,especially by a Late Author. Due to reading this book I am now reading another Western book, different Author, and not anywere near done (as it has 608 Pages-only at 220).

I would Read it again, I Loved the Story line, and the way it was written. as it wouldn't be published in the 1930's when Zane Grey had Originally wanted it to be. due to Publishing Issues in the 1930's and the way the women were put in this book is really to bad, because it would have be
Kathy
Why was I shaking my head during this entire book?
I mean, isn't Zane Grey supposed to be a great writer?
So why did this book seem jammed to the hilt with clichés, totally flat characters and the oddest collection of words I've ever heard?

For instance, the characters never "say/said" anything. They "averred" or "ejaculated". In fact, I think the word "ejaculated" was used well over two dozen times --- that's more than Suzie Bright ever dreamed of using it!

I could go on but it would be wrong. W
Susan
Flat. Disjointed. Tried to keep in mind the time it was written, but still struggled. Lucinda felt like a second or third character, not the main character. I got through it. That's about all I can say about it!
Amara
It was 5.00 on Audible. A lot like little house on the prairie for big people.
Vicki
I find that I have actually read this before, but will let it be my current car-book.
Debbie
My favorite Zane Grey book that I have read so far.
Baranie
Great story following a family homesteading on AZ.
Jeremy
Jeremy marked it as to-read
May 21, 2015
Adventureman
Adventureman marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2015
Roger
Roger added it
Mar 19, 2015
David
David added it
Mar 18, 2015
Aubrey Overstreet
Aubrey Overstreet marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2015
Donna Ulrich
Donna Ulrich marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
James Love
James Love marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2014
Shirley Golden
Shirley Golden marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2014
Elizabeth Schilling
Elizabeth Schilling is currently reading it
Nov 27, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Pearl Zane Grey was an American author best known for his popular adventure novels and stories that presented an idealized image of the rugged Old West. As of June 2007, the Internet Movie Database credits Grey with 110 films, one TV episode, and a series, Dick Powell's Zane Grey Theater based loosely on his novels and short stories.
More about Zane Grey...
Riders of the Purple Sage The Last Trail The Lone Star Ranger Betty Zane The Spirit of the Border