Start by marking “Dead Silent (DC Laura McGanity, #4)” as Want to Read:
Dead Silent (DC Laura McGanity, #4)

Dead Silent (DC Laura McGanity #4)

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  196 ratings  ·  23 reviews

Digging for the truth can be fatal…

20 years ago, Britain was rocked by the strange disappearance of Claude Gilbert, after the beaten corpse of his wife was discovered hidden in the garden. Worst of all, scratches found on her makeshift coffin signal that the unthinkable took place - Nancy was buried alive.

Conspiracy theories say hotshot barrister and handsome TV presenter

Published (first published May 27th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Dead Silent, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dead Silent

Lynda Kelly
This was my favourite of this series so far (book 4) about Laura a policewoman and her live-in boyfriend Jack, who's a journalist.
The last book was a little disappointing as they weren't getting on very well but in this one appear to be past that which made me happy.
A guy who supposedly murdered his wife by burying her alive over 20 years previously makes contact with Jack. He wants him to prove his innocence and write his story. It's a great story and full of lots of twists and kept me interes
Abhijeet Dutta
"FALLEN IDOLS" , the first novel of the series was so good that had i been a film producer , i would have purchased the copyright and made a Thriller Movie. Unlike pprevious book of this series, this really Disappointed me. It was NOT as GOOD as i expected. I have enjoyed other books by Neil white but this was pretty ordinary. The story was quite dull and there was no sense of drama at all. Suspense was not too much gripping.
Pat
I'm surprised by this book. I have enjoyed other books by Neil white but this was pretty ordinary. The story was quite dull and there was no sense of drama at all. Even attempts to create some tension towards the end of the book were predictable and lame.
Pauline
very good read. The characters are really beginning to come alive now. Looking forward to the next one.
Gary Van Cott
3.5 stars. A relatively interesting plot. I liked this better than the previous two books.
Kirsty
I really enjoyed this book and I found I preferred it to Last Rites (number 3). I do want to the read the rest in the series to see how the characters started and how they will finish
Samantha Cox
good mystery, fast paced.
Graham
First of Neil's books I have read and I will be reading more. Set in North Manchester so I was familiar with the areas mentioned. Easy to read, enjoyed the characters, kept moving. Never once had to skip pages of meaningless discriptive writing.
*SPOILER ALERT*
The only reason I didn't give 5 stars was that I couldn't see how Laura could survive so long at the end with so little air, considering how long her hubby wanted to chat to everyone and tie up all the loose ends.
Stoxy001
A good read, I'll be keeping an eye out for more books by Neil White.
Most of the characters were very believable and the author did a great job of setting the scene.
Tim Garner
Another barnstormer from Neil White. I like the way he keeps the plot moving in real time by separating the different threads of the story and then bringing the reader along for the ride of their lives with him. A great find.
Lesley
I down loaded all six books on my kobo ages ago & forgot about them. I started on fallen idol & then had read the others straight away
Robert

This first novel of his read and loved it. Will try and catch up series well written and well woven story
Iain
Well-paced, easy to read and with a pleasantly convoluted ending that throws in a few curves.
Jan
First time reading this author and will read his books again good read..
David
This kept me wanting to turn the pages to see what happened next.
Rachel
Good easy holiday read - set in England which is nice.
Terry Norton
Enjoyed this and will continue to read Neil White.
Thasc
Not much of a story to talk about.
Belinda Cohen
AWESOME, LOVED THIS BOOK SO MUCH
Michelle
Really enjoyed this gripping read .
Mavio
unexpected ending !
Julie Nicholson
Julie Nicholson marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2015
Caroline
Caroline marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2015
Susan Rawhiti
Susan Rawhiti marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2015
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2015
Loisa
Loisa added it
Jun 10, 2015
Gayle Noble
Gayle Noble marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2015
  • Thicker Than Water (Jessica Daniel, #6)
  • The Dead Tracks (David Raker, #2)
  • The End of Winter
  • Cambridge Blue (DC Gary Goodhew Mystery #1)
  • Pariah
  • A Good Day to Die (Dennis Milne, #2)
  • Bad Thoughts (Bill Shannon, #1)
  • A Song for the Dying
  • Tunnel Vision
  • Lee Child Collection: Killing Floor, Echo Burning, The Visitor, Tripwire, Die Trying, Without Fail, Persuader, One Shot, The Enemy, The Hard Way, Bad Luck And Trouble (Jack Reacher Novel)
  • Die with Me (Mark Tartaglia, #1)
  • The Devil's Edge (Ben Cooper & Diane Fry, #11)
  • Blood Brother (Carson Ryder, #4)
  • Rough Justice (Dan Shepherd, #7)
  • Bad Blood (A DI Charlotte Savage Novel)
  • The Reaper (Damen Brook, #1)
Neil White was brought up in Wakefield in West Yorkshire, but now lives in Preston, Lancashire, with his wife and three children.
Neil started writing in 1994, but his first book, Fallen Idols, wasn't published until 2007, when it was nominated for the Books To Talk About Award. Three more books have followed, Lost Souls, Last Rites and Dead Silent, and the fifth book, Cold Kill is due for publicat
More about Neil White...

DC Laura McGanity (5 books)
  • Fallen Idols (DC Laura McGanity, #1)
  • Lost Souls (DC Laura McGanity, #2)
  • Last Rites (DC Laura McGanity, #3)
  • Cold Kill (DC Laura McGanity, #5)
Fallen Idols (DC Laura McGanity, #1) Cold Kill (DC Laura McGanity, #5) Lost Souls (DC Laura McGanity, #2) Last Rites (DC Laura McGanity, #3) Beyond Evil