Start by marking “Motor City Wolf (Urban Arcana, #3)” as Want to Read:
Motor City Wolf (Urban Arcana, #3)

Motor City Wolf (Urban Arcana #3)

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  151 ratings  ·  25 reviews
Less than a year ago, Fianna Meadows was a pampered noble in the Faerie court. Then she was exiled, turned mortal and forced to work for a living--in a werewolf bar in Detroit, no less! Still, Fianna has to admit her new life isn't so bad...particularly when it comes to Greg Novak, the bar's sexy owner.

For Greg, keeping his hands off Fianna has been a challenge. But his se...more
Published August 1st 2011 by Carina Press

To ask other readers questions about Motor City Wolf, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Motor City Wolf

Joyfully Reviewed
Fianna Meadows has gone from being a pampered noble in the Faerie court to a human barmaid. While it is completely different Fianna is adjusting to her new life well, and frankly is happy she still has a life. The fact that she is working with Greg Novak doesn’t hurt things as the attraction between the two of them is palpable. Unfortunately Greg won’t act on it as she is in his care and this would go against his ethics.

Things change though when Greg’s grandfather, the Alpha for the entire regio...more
Carmel (Rabid Reads)
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads

This is the third installment in the Urban Arcana series. Admittedly, I haven't read the two books that came before this one and maybe if I had my review would be different. Although, it's predecessors did center around Fae and Witches which don't appeal to me nearly as much as werewolves. This novel was an okay read but I won't be exploring this series any further.

Before writing my review I read a few of the ones that came before mine to get a feel for what I missed by s...more
Tracy
~* 3.5 Stars *~
New to the Series

Alpha wolf and bar owner Greg Novak has a problem. A few of them, actually. Someone is killing werewolves in the city, there's a new drug on the streets that's highly addictive to his kind, and his bar has been vandalized, his small pack put in danger. If that isn't enough to keep him occupied, his grandfather, the Prime alpha of the region, wants Greg to settle down, mate, and reproduce as soon as possible, and he intends to force the issue if necessary.

Greg doe...more
Melindeeloo
I thought Motor City Wolf was pretty good but since I really liked the first two books in the series book 3 had a hard act to follow. Mostly there were just a bunch of little nits that the kept Motor City Wolf from living up to it's predecessors and those nits are more of the after-the-story-is-over kind, because I enjoyed the Motor City Wolf while I was reading it and it was a nice change of pace to read a shifter romance in which the pairing wasn't a done deal from the start due to a irresisti...more
Jen (Red Hot Books)
Fianna spent the first century of her life as a Fae, but thanks to a punishment from her queen, she is now forced to live as a human. Her world has been turned upside down, but things aren't all bad. She is now working for Greg, an alpha werewolf who makes her feel things she has never felt before.

Greg is crazy about Fee, but he is afraid to make a move. He doesn't want to take advantage of her -- as an employee or as someone new to the emotions of humanity. But circumstances conspire to have th...more
Paperback Dolls
Previously posted at Paperback Dolls.com

Greg Novak is the Pack Alpha in Detroit and heir to the pack council leader. Fianna Meadows is an exile from the Seelie Court and Greg’s responsibility. Someone is murdering werewolves in the Detroit area and the Novaks are next on the list.

Greg, his brother George, and his cousin Lana had formed their own pack upon reaching adulthood. They inherited a bar in Detroit, The New Moon, and have been quietly running their business while trying to stay out of we...more
Jennifer (Books&Barks)
I received this novel from Net Galley. This did not change my review in any way.

Motor City Wolf is the third book in the Urban Arcana series by Cindy Spencer Pape. I found this book to be an enjoyable read. I have not read the first two books in the series, so it was a little strange at first. I could tell that I was missing some back story, and the main characters already seemed to know each other pretty well also. Because of this a first time reader of the series, such as myself, might find th...more
Scooper Speaks
Favorite Line: “I love my wife with all my heart.” (p. 174, egalley)

Motor City Wolf is the third book in Cindy Spencer Pape’s Urban Arcana miniseries. I did not read the first two books and by page 10 was feeling extremely disoriented. I was missing a huge chunk of information. Eventually I caught up enough to understand, but the damage was done and I never completely relaxed enough to love the story. I think I’d feel different had I read the previous book.

One of the things I enjoyed most about...more
Miz Love
This one is my fave of all the Urban Arcana books, but ONLY because by this point I knew all the characters so it was easier to “see” them in my head and know their previous stories. It was like settling down with old friends, having those moments where characters from other books appear and you think, “Oh, it’s so-and-so, cool!”

Fianna had been a bit naughty in a previous book, and even though she had to do what she did, of course it made me dislike her just a bit. After all, she’d caused a lot...more
Anukriti
cindy spencer series book "motor city wolf" is one of beat skipping book, i almost skip my heart beat in the story,
story revolving around Fianna Meadow and and Greg Novek you can see there appearance in motor city previous series, the best part in Cindy Spencer writing which i love the most is that the previous characters of the books or the up coming books characters all get involve it in the series book.
which is good its like they r close knitted, its not like other serious write that if one c...more
April
Check out my other listens at Eargasms Audiobook Reviews

I have been eagerly awaiting this story!!! I just knew Fi and Greg would be a smexy pair!! This series really is very entertaining, and the intrigue gets deeper with each new book.

I was so happy to see Fianna grow since the first book. You really get more of her back story here and understand a bit more why she helped her family. She had a major turn in the last book and this takes her even further. She has really developed into a character...more
Rebecca
You can also read this review at Reflections on Reading Romance

Rating: 4 out of 5

This was the first book I’d read by Cindy Spencer Pape, but as soon as I finished it I went online and purchased the first two books in her Urban Arcana series. Motor City Wolf is a short read (only about 64,000 words), but it’s action packed, and the romance skillfully developed. I read it while reading several other books for review, and once I started it I couldn’t put it down. Ms. Pape writes in several genres,...more
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://longandshortreviews.blogspot.c...

Suspicion and betrayal are crouched to spring upon Greg and Fianna; two secondary characters who were previously involved in the exciting action in the past two books in the Urban Arcana series. In this latest adventure, the talented Ms. Spencer Pape has thrust them into the limelight to take center stage as a mystery finally gets solved. I’ve eagerly looked forward to finding out how the author would get Greg and Fianna together. The...more
Nicole
Review originally posted here: http://thebookpushers.com/2011/09/07/...

Publisher: Carina Press
Publish Date: Out Now!
How I got this book: NetGalley

This was my first read by Pape, and I am definitely going to go back and read the other books in this series, I really enjoyed this book!

Fianna has been banned from the Seelie court and stripped of her powers, forced to live on Earth and work in a werewolf bar. Although it’s a completely different experience for her, it isn’t exactly hard for her to wo...more
Marlene
Werewolves in Detroit. Who would ever have thought? Robots maybe, but not werewolves. However, in Cindy Spencer Pape's third book of the Urban Arcana, the idea more than works, it downright kicks ass and takes names.

The werewolf in Motor City Wolf is Greg Novak. Greg owns a bar in Detroit and is assisted by his brother George. The wolves are not the only paranormals operating in the Detroit area. There are also fae of various kinds and human magic practitioners, otherwise known as witches.

There...more
Kelly
In the interest of full disclosure I should probably mention that I'm really loving this series. And in the interest of even further disclosure I should probably mention that while I read book 1, I somehow didn't read book 2 before reading this book. I know! I'm lame sometimes. But in my defense Cindy Spencer Pape totally made it work. Yes, I might know a few important plot points from book 2 that I would have enjoyed unraveling as I read the book, but I never felt lost or overwhelmed or consume...more
Christine
I didn't realize this was part of a series when I requested it on NetGalley, but once I got into the story and realized it was, I didn't care. Things, events and people were explained enough that I got the basic background, especially as Fee and Greg have a bit of a history from the previous book.

It was cute and short and I do like these shifter mating books. I doubt I'll ever get tired of them. Not sure if I'll read the rest of the series, but I'll definitely keep the author on my list of peopl...more
Deena
After the first title in the series, I skimmed the blurbs for the remaining three titles. the idea that one of them featured Fianna as the female protagonist surprised me, and I didn't think I'd like it. However, Ms. Pape convinced me; this was just as good as the others in the series.
Mrs Condit & Friends Read Books
By the end of the story, the good guys triumph and the bad guys are at least temporarily vanquished, but while there is an HEA for Fianna and Greg, there are enough loose threads for me to look forward to the next volume in this series. And meantime, I definitely will go back and read the first two books. Ms. Pape definitely has a talent for writing exciting stories that include romance as well as mystery.
Brenda
This is the third book in the series, and I truly enjoyed it. It has a combination of fae, weres and mages, who are struggling to work together when necessary, to find out who is producing a drug that can be lethal to supernaturals. It's more complex that that, but it's fast paced, dark at times, fun and steamy at others. I love the series and hope it continues.
I didn't realize this was the third book in the series when I started it, So that was kind of a bummer. But I have to say, once I figured out what was going on a little bit, I really enjoyed the story quite a bit. Not sure if I will go back and read one and two (or listen to them), but I would definitely read on in the series.
Julie
I haven't read the first two in the series but I enjoyed this read. This story flowed well for me and knowing there was backstory didn't hinder me with this read. Can't wait to pick up the first two in the series and catch up.
S.J. Drum
To be honest, I'm not really sure why this book didn't "do it" for me. It just didn't. I think it may have read a bit more like a first novel than it should have. I'll probably still read the next in the series.
Cindy

Urban Arcana
Motor City Fae
Motor City Witch
Motor City Wolf
Amber
Amber marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2014
Ai
Ai marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2014
Penelope
Penelope marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Today, Cindy Spencer Pape Talks About Her New Book 1 2 Nov 02, 2011 06:30AM
  • A Clockwork Christmas
  • Deceiving the Protector (Resurrection, #2)
  • Hammer Down (Children of the Undying, #1)
  • Dark Vow (Arcane, #1)
  • Tempt Me
  • Whirlpool (Forces of Nature, #2)
  • Glimmer (Nina Decker #1)
  • My Dangerous Pleasure (My Immortals #4)
  • Lipstick on his Collar
  • Shades of Desire (SIG, #1)
  • The Fallen Queen (The House of Arkhangel'sk, #1)
  • Tangled Past (Tangled #2)
  • Moving in Rhythm
  • Badlands (Badlands #1)
  • Ready to Run (Werewolves in Love, #3)
  • Collision Course (8th Wing #1)
  • One Night in London (The Truth About the Duke #1)
  • The Shifters of 2040 (Shifter Evolutions, #3)
Cindy Spencer Pape has been, among other things, a banker, a teacher, and an elected politician, though she swears she got better. She volunteers in environmental education, when she can fit it in around writing. She lives in Michigan with her husband, two teenage sons, a dog, a lizard, and various other small creatures, all of which are easier to clean up after than the three male humans.
More about Cindy Spencer Pape...
Steam & Sorcery (Gaslight Chronicles, #1) Photographs & Phantoms (Gaslight Chronicles, #2) Kilts & Kraken (Gaslight Chronicles, #3) Moonlight & Mechanicals (Gaslight Chronicles, #4) Motor City Fae (Urban Arcana, #1)