Start by marking “The Beatles: Fifty Fabulous Years (Enhanced Edition)” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
The Beatles: Fifty Fab...
Les Krantz

The Beatles: Fifty Fabulous Years (Enhanced Edition)

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  119 ratings  ·  13 reviews

It has been fifty years since John, Paul, and George named themselves the Beatles and soon after recruited Ringo Starr. The Beatles: Fifty Fabulous Years includes fascinating and little-known stories, never-before-published photographs, and nostalgic memorabilia. A complimentary documentary, "The Beatles: The Golden Age," is woven throughout the vook's narrative and captur

Published February 18th 2011 by Vook Inc. (first published August 25th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Beatles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Beatles

This was another freebie I picked up a while ago for my kindle (looks like no longer available), & I was so excited when I downloaded it that I immediately put it in my "to be read next" collection - and then promptly forgot about the book for a good six months or so.

Being born in the 70's, I of course missed the Beatles craze. I remember once seeing on television fans going crazy & screaming whenever they saw the Beatles & I asked my mom if that really happened, because it just seem
Mad Dog
Feb 28, 2011 Mad Dog rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anybody interested in the Beatles; good Beatles' starter book
Short book that takes just a few hours to read. Solid. Covers all the bases (including the post-Beatles solo careers and other post-Beatles 'events'). I haven't read any other Beatles books, and this is (as far as I can tell) a good starter book. This book is pretty much a 'Beatles history' book, and it is ordered (for the most part) chronologically.

I'd like to find out more about the songs and their inspiration, and this book has a few 'little bits' about that. But that is not the purpose of t
Steve Curll
This book was a wonderful "Primer" for the second or third generation Beatles fan. It also contained great trivia for the old timers. Spoiler: Did you know that Wilfred Brambel (Paul's grandfather in "A Hard Days Night") Was 52 years old? While the Beatles drug use and sexual proclivities are mentioned, they are presented much more in balance with the rest of the story than most headline seeking biographies. This book remains pg rated,with the F word appearing only once as (correctly) part of a ...more
Joel Ungar
A rather disappointing book. At this point in the Beatles history, a new book should cover a lot of new ground, and this one doesn't. It did have a few little tidbits I hadn't read before, such as additional background on the negotiations to get the Beatles on the Ed Sullivan Show. Some statements were wrong, with the most obvious being that "Tomorrow Never Knows" was drawn from John's reading of "The Egyptian Book of the Dead" - should have been "The Tibetan Book of the Dead."
Emmanuel Williams
The Beatles:fifty fabulous years was a good book had a lot of information about the Beatles and others before their time I would Highly recommended the book to anyone who likes The Beatles or classic rock.It tells the story's of Ringo star Paul McCartney John Lennon and George Harrison before they were in the band.
This read was a romp in the park--fun, superficial, exciting at times, but a little spontaneously disjointed. It was a walk down memory lane for a girl of the 60's. I learned a few new facts about the fab four. Love their music so that made this book an enjoyable read.
Fun romp with the fab four...comes across a little disjointed but very well documented. Best surprise was learning about Ringo deeper than his stereotype. It is amazing all they accomplished musically in just 10 years. I love their music!
A light biography of the Beatles, with material covering the post-Beatles solo careers. Nothing earth shattering, but good starter material for the curious. It's a quick read and seems to be fairly objective in its coverage of the four Beatles.
Felipe Naranjo
Very short, but excellent recalling of the fab four's "long and winding road". It has a bunch of pictures I've never seen of them and SOME Beatle's info I completely ignored before reading this. A must-read for any Beatle's fan.
Grew up with the Beatles and always thought I knew everything there was to know about them. Wrong! Now I know why they did some of the things they did... Quick read, very informative and enjoyable.
Ian Hastings
QUick, easy read about a groundbreaking group. Learned a lot about them that I didn't know!
Currently free on kindle. Had it sent to kindle for PC so's I can get color pics :)
Enjoyable read on the history of The Beatles.
Alex Voishvillo
Alex Voishvillo marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2015
Morgan Wills
Morgan Wills marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2015
Charvi Rastogi
Charvi Rastogi marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2015
Colin Gagnon
Colin Gagnon marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2015
  • Palm Trees on the Hudson: A True Story of the Mob, Judy Garland & Interior Decorating
  • Fixing Freddie: A True Story about a Boy, a Mom, and a Very, Very Bad Beagle
  • Einstein's Refrigerator and Other Stories from the Flip Side of History
  • Brains: How They Seem to Work
  • Best Foot Forward
  • JFK: The CIA, Vietnam and the Plot to Assassinate John F. Kennedy
  • Complete without Kids: An Insider's Guide to Childfree Living by Choice or by Chance
  • An Angel With Fur