Start by marking “The Beatles: Fifty Fabulous Years (Enhanced Edition)” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
The Beatles: Fifty Fab...

Les Krantz

The Beatles: Fifty Fabulous Years (Enhanced Edition)

It has been fifty years since John, Paul, and George named themselves the Beatles and soon after recruited Ringo Starr. The Beatles: Fifty Fabulous Years includes fascinating and little-known stories, never-before-published photographs, and nostalgic memorabilia. A complimentary documentary, "The Beatles: The Golden Age," is woven throughout the vook's narrative and captur

Published February 18th 2011 by Vook Inc. (first published August 25th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Beatles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Beatles

Simon Sweetman
Dec 27, 2016 Simon Sweetman rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Probably didn't 'need' to read this, but I hadn't read a Beatles book in a while; I kinda enjoyed it...very light and just runs through the timeline, but hey. You could do a lot worse.
Anastacia
This was another freebie I picked up a while ago for my kindle (looks like no longer available), & I was so excited when I downloaded it that I immediately put it in my "to be read next" collection - and then promptly forgot about the book for a good six months or so.

Being born in the 70's, I of course missed the Beatles craze. I remember once seeing on television fans going crazy & screaming whenever they saw the Beatles & I asked my mom if that really happened, because it just seem
Mad Dog
Feb 26, 2011 Mad Dog rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anybody interested in the Beatles; good Beatles' starter book
Short book that takes just a few hours to read. Solid. Covers all the bases (including the post-Beatles solo careers and other post-Beatles 'events'). I haven't read any other Beatles books, and this is (as far as I can tell) a good starter book. This book is pretty much a 'Beatles history' book, and it is ordered (for the most part) chronologically.

I'd like to find out more about the songs and their inspiration, and this book has a few 'little bits' about that. But that is not the purpose of t
Steve Curll
Sep 30, 2011 Steve Curll rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was a wonderful "Primer" for the second or third generation Beatles fan. It also contained great trivia for the old timers. Spoiler: Did you know that Wilfred Brambel (Paul's grandfather in "A Hard Days Night") Was 52 years old? While the Beatles drug use and sexual proclivities are mentioned, they are presented much more in balance with the rest of the story than most headline seeking biographies. This book remains pg rated,with the F word appearing only once as (correctly) part of a ...more
Joel Ungar
Sep 29, 2013 Joel Ungar rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: beatles
A rather disappointing book. At this point in the Beatles history, a new book should cover a lot of new ground, and this one doesn't. It did have a few little tidbits I hadn't read before, such as additional background on the negotiations to get the Beatles on the Ed Sullivan Show. Some statements were wrong, with the most obvious being that "Tomorrow Never Knows" was drawn from John's reading of "The Egyptian Book of the Dead" - should have been "The Tibetan Book of the Dead."
Emmanuel Williams
The Beatles:fifty fabulous years was a good book had a lot of information about the Beatles and others before their time I would Highly recommended the book to anyone who likes The Beatles or classic rock.It tells the story's of Ringo star Paul McCartney John Lennon and George Harrison before they were in the band.
Cindy
Sep 27, 2012 Cindy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This read was a romp in the park--fun, superficial, exciting at times, but a little spontaneously disjointed. It was a walk down memory lane for a girl of the 60's. I learned a few new facts about the fab four. Love their music so that made this book an enjoyable read.
Felipe Naranjo
Jul 26, 2011 Felipe Naranjo rated it it was amazing
Very short, but excellent recalling of the fab four's "long and winding road". It has a bunch of pictures I've never seen of them and SOME Beatle's info I completely ignored before reading this. A must-read for any Beatle's fan.
Cindy
Mar 13, 2011 Cindy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun romp with the fab four...comes across a little disjointed but very well documented. Best surprise was learning about Ringo deeper than his stereotype. It is amazing all they accomplished musically in just 10 years. I love their music!
Sharon
Aug 02, 2016 Sharon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is a great quick read about the history of the Beatles. As the book proceeds along the chronological timeline of the rise of the Beatles, it also provides lesser known tidbits of information about the Fab Four. An enjoyable book about one of my most favorite groups!
Rich
Jul 26, 2011 Rich rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A light biography of the Beatles, with material covering the post-Beatles solo careers. Nothing earth shattering, but good starter material for the curious. It's a quick read and seems to be fairly objective in its coverage of the four Beatles.
Gordon
Jan 08, 2012 Gordon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Grew up with the Beatles and always thought I knew everything there was to know about them. Wrong! Now I know why they did some of the things they did... Quick read, very informative and enjoyable.
Kathy Farrance
Kathy Farrance rated it it was amazing
Jan 08, 2016
Rick
Rick rated it liked it
Jan 10, 2013
Carrie
Carrie rated it liked it
Jan 09, 2013
Janet
Janet rated it liked it
Jan 03, 2015
Briana
Briana rated it really liked it
Mar 20, 2016
Cricket
Cricket rated it really liked it
Jul 21, 2014
Ian Hastings
QUick, easy read about a groundbreaking group. Learned a lot about them that I didn't know!
Barbara L. Stanley
Barbara L. Stanley rated it really liked it
Sep 27, 2015
Kent
Kent rated it it was amazing
Jul 20, 2014
Nina Goodwin
Nina Goodwin rated it it was amazing
Nov 20, 2015
Craig Cheatum
Craig Cheatum rated it really liked it
Apr 18, 2015
Tim
Tim rated it it was amazing
Feb 27, 2014
Graham Muir
Graham Muir rated it really liked it
Jan 30, 2016
Roxanne
Roxanne rated it really liked it
Apr 08, 2016
Sheri Woody
Sheri Woody rated it it was amazing
Apr 13, 2014
Zach
Zach rated it liked it
May 03, 2012
Ron Jorgensen
Ron Jorgensen rated it liked it
Jun 24, 2014
Vladimir Alekseev
Vladimir Alekseev rated it it was ok
Jan 14, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Palm Trees on the Hudson: A True Story of the Mob, Judy Garland & Interior Decorating
  • Admit One: My Life in Film
  • Their Last Suppers: Legends of History and Their Final Meals
  • JFK: The CIA, Vietnam and the Plot to Assassinate John F. Kennedy
  • An Angel With Fur
  • Best Foot Forward
  • Lies, Damned Lies, and Science: How to Sort through the Noise Around Global Warming, the Latest Health Claims, and Other Scientific Controversies
  • We Are Absolutely Not Okay: Fourteen Stories By Teenagers Who Are Picking Up the Pieces
  • Germs, Genes, & Civilization: How Epidemics Shaped Who We Are Today
  • Best Little Stories from the Civil War: More than 100 true stories
  • A Child al Confino: A True Story of Escape in War-Time Italy
  • Breakthrough!: How the 10 Greatest Discoveries in Medicine Saved Millions and Changed Our View of the World
  • Gable & Lombard