Start by marking “Iron Empires Volume 2: Sheva's War” as Want to Read:
Iron Empires Volume 2: Sheva's War

Iron Empires Volume 2: Sheva's War

3.97  ·  Rating Details  ·  75 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
The Iron Empires: Eight weary nations, spanning three million light years of the Milky Way Galaxy. They are the withering remains of a human civilization once immeasurably vast. Their dying has not been quiet. Sheva’s War, the second in the series of Christopher Moeller’s acclaimed Iron Empires graphic novels, propels us further into a distant future, into a turbulent age ...more
Published July 13th 2004 by Dark Horse Books (first published May 19th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Iron Empires Volume 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Iron Empires Volume 2

nooker
Jan 29, 2016 nooker rated it it was amazing
Awesome story with awesome art. Could have done without the sex, even though it was an important part of the main character's personal arc, just didn't care for it. I really wanted more great stories in this universe and I got it!
Evan
Apr 29, 2015 Evan rated it really liked it
An improvement in form for Moeller. The story and characters are more compelling this time around, with simple but satisfying character arcs. Iron Empires is just some good old-fashioned science fiction. It's good enough that I find myself wanting to push it into the hands of friends.
John
Mar 12, 2010 John rated it liked it
The second story set in the Iron Empires universe. I found this story to be better written than the first one, not that the first one was bad, it's just that the creator of the comic shows his improvement as a writer. I actually preferred the artwork from the first one, but that was mainly because it featured more pictures of vehicles and starships and I really like the artists talents in those areas.
Shannon Appelcline
May 06, 2013 Shannon Appelcline rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, comics-indy
It's so rare to get solid science-fiction in comics that this is a rare treat, especially given the great art. Despite that, it runs a little slow through much of the book, with the occasional bit of emotion that draws you end. The last couple of issues are great though, and leave me wanting to read more.

Overall, an improvement from the previous volume too.
Dana
Nov 03, 2008 Dana rated it liked it
I didn't like this one as much as Volume 1. In general, it doesn't strike me as a series that I'll follow, largely because there doesn't seem to be any continuity between volumes except that they're all set in the same universe. Again, this one had excellent art, and some intriguing ideas, but I found the main character rather obnoxious and unsympathetic.
Daniel
Dec 08, 2008 Daniel rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
An even better story than Faith Conquers. The storytelling in this volume is far smoother, concentrating on just a few characters, and nevertheless conveying the epic sense of the greater conflict. I certainly want to read more stories from the Iron Empires, and the roleplaying game has now made it to my To-Buy list.
Jacob
Aug 13, 2008 Jacob rated it it was amazing
Like Faith Conquers, this graphic novel is a favorite of mine. Great art combined with a solid story just breaths further life into a setting that apparently started from the artist's sketchbook.
I can't wait for the next installation for the Iron Empires.
Roee Avramot
Roee Avramot rated it really liked it
Jun 25, 2016
Tom
Tom marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2016
Lucjan Wilczewski
Lucjan Wilczewski marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2016
Jason
Jason rated it it was amazing
May 30, 2016
Gunnar Bangsmoen
Gunnar Bangsmoen rated it really liked it
May 01, 2016
Rob
Rob rated it it was amazing
Apr 09, 2016
James
James rated it it was amazing
Mar 14, 2016
Alex
Alex marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2016
Johnie Pate
Johnie Pate rated it really liked it
Jun 21, 2016
Markus
Markus rated it liked it
Feb 15, 2016
Daniel Cooksey
Daniel Cooksey rated it really liked it
Feb 10, 2016
Edward Petersen
Edward Petersen marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2016
Mikebo
Mikebo added it
Jan 28, 2016
Michael Dellosa
Michael Dellosa rated it really liked it
Dec 15, 2015
Flynnbox
Flynnbox rated it it was amazing
Jul 10, 2015
Bonny Moore
Bonny Moore rated it it was amazing
May 25, 2015
Tim Patterson
Tim Patterson rated it really liked it
May 15, 2015
M
M rated it really liked it
Apr 15, 2015
Andy
Andy marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2015
Matthew Spey
Matthew Spey rated it really liked it
Dec 29, 2014
Joey
Joey marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
Stewart
Stewart rated it liked it
Oct 25, 2014