Start by marking “Steel's Edge (The Edge, #4)” as Want to Read:
Steel's Edge (The Edge, #4)

Steel's Edge (The Edge #4)

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  7,949 ratings  ·  668 reviews
The Edge lies between worlds, on the border between the Broken, where people shop at Wal-Mart and magic is a fairy tale—and the Weird, where blueblood aristocrats rule, changelings roam, and the strength of your magic can change your destiny…

Charlotte de Ney is as noble as they come, a blueblood straight out of the Weird. But even though she possesses rare magical healing
Published November 27th 2012 by Penguin Berkley Ace

To ask other readers questions about Steel's Edge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Steel's Edge

Can't Wait Books of 2012
117th out of 2,495 books — 15,918 voters
Lover Reborn by J.R. WardOnce Burned by Jeaniene FrostIced by Karen Marie MoningDeadlocked by Charlaine HarrisBiting Cold by Chloe Neill
Most Anticipated Books of 2012! {PNR, UF & PNYA}
24th out of 621 books — 1,784 voters

More lists with this book...

✘✘ Sarah ✘✘ (former Nefarious Breeder of Murderous Crustaceans)
Buddy read with the eye candy IA Addicts starting Feb. 23, 2015.

Ha! Fooled you right there with my rating! 5 you think? Think again!

Actual rating: 7 . Or maybe 8. DESPITE the romantic bits. Can you believe it? Of course you can, it’s IA you silly.

But you know what? This book and I got off to a bad start. The first 16% didn’t bode well. YES. You read that right. IA. Me. Off to a bad start. UNBELIEVABLE.

I couldn’t connect with Charlotte, the female mc. She’s a healer. A healer? Really? What’s su
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
4 Sophie Stole The Show Stars

Review to come tomorrow...

Well, almost. Most of them finished days before I even started.

Robin (Bridge Four)
Buddy Read/reread with all my fellow addicts at Ilona Andrews Addicts (IAA), I thought it was impossible but these girls make reading Ilona Andrews more amazing than it already is.

Original Review:
Steel’s edge is just as fun as any of the other books in this series. It is full of action and family and I enjoyed every minute I spent in this world. Now I know that this is supposed to be the end of the edge series but it seems that even though the older couples have had their arcs completed it is en
Kathleen
NEW & FREE: The authors have written a FREE short story, to end THE EDGE series. It is about the grown kids, set in the future, about 13 years after this book. Find it free online here:
https://www.goodreads.com/author_blog... . Also, George makes a cameo in another series, beginning with the book Clean Sweep. Note that Klaus Demille appears in both of these titles. Klaus is the brother of Dina Demille, the heroine in Clean Sweep.

Getting back to this book -- Wow! Steel's Edge was BETTER tha
Alexa
Read with the awesome bunch at Ilona Andrews Addicts!

This book has Richard (Kaldar's older brother) as a main character. And we get a new leading lady, this time a full fledged blueblood and a healer! Charlotte is not snarky, Charlotte doesn't flash, Charlotte doesn't carry a weapon. She's polite and sensible and I freaking loved her.

It's good to know that Ilona doesn't feel the need to make all her heroines a copycat of each other.

And it was a really good pairing, particularly because they're
Jen (Red Hot Books)
I have to say that I am disappointed that there will not be any more Edge books. Ilona Andrews has made me fall so deeply in love with the characters of Jack and George that I feel positively robbed when I consider the idea that they will not get their own book. A travesty. But I'll get back to my boys in just a minute.

The hero of the story is Richard Mar, Kaldar's brother, who we first met in Bayou Moon. He is on a mission to destroy the slave trade thriving in the Weird. The slavers nearly des
Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog)
Charlotte de Ney is not just a healer, but is The Healer and although not a blueblood from birth she has grace and poise that many envy. However, there is a darkside to being a healer, they can as easily start a plague as they can heal one, but to do so is to become an abomination. But once Charlotte tastes the darker side of being a healer, she escapes to the Edge to find peace. That is, until Richard Mar stumbles almost dead on to her doorstep with dangerous enemies in pursuit and a cause that ...more
Cathryn
This! This is the book I've been waiting for this entire series. I LOVED IT!!!! If you had asked me a couple of books ago I would have said that Kaldar's book will be my favorite since I just love him but oh hell no. Richard's and Charlotte's is hands down the best of the series. The rest of my review will just be fangirling gifs. Oh and one last thing. There had better be a book for Sophie, Jack, and George without a love triangle.

photo Rudd This_zpspnids5bk.gif

photo Merryl Shimmy_zpsol49dju4.gif

photo Snow White High Five_zpsohwtoxqo.gif

photo NPHHappyDancegif_zps70be4f46.gif

photo Merryl Thats All_zpsi0gtphmx.gif
Sunny
5 Fantastic stars!

You know that feeling of euphoria you feel after you have read a great book? Be prepared for a double shot of it with Steel's Edge. Steel's Edge is book 4 in The Edge series by the wife and husband team known as the author, Ilona Andrews.

I've liked The Edge series from the start. Still, being a huge Kate Daniels fan, The Edge series was always "the other" books by the author. Not any more, this book rivals any of Ilona Andrews other writings and may very well be my favorite.

Wh
Ya~
4-stars for the Edge series.
My favorite installment is Fate's Edge.

Ilona Andrew:
It’s a very odd story of a very odd place. The Edge lies between worlds, on the border between the Broken, where people shop at Walmart and magic is a fairytale–and the Weird, where blueblood aristocrats rule, changelings roam, and the strength of your magic can change your destiny. It’s a place where poverty is real, life is hard, and fairy tales sometimes do come true.

I now present the unclassifiable ON THE EDG
Carmel (Rabid Reads)
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads.

It should come as no surprise that I've been enjoying this series a lot, but I haven't LOVED any of the installments yet, until now. When I first discovered that this final book featured a healer as the main heroine, I had some qualms as to whether Charlotte would be able to achieve the level of badass-ery that I've come to expect from Ilona Andrews. Case in point, FATE'S EDGE's Audrey Callahan wasn't a fighter either, and ended up being my least favourite THE EDGE femal
Experiment BL626
Snippets from the Authors' Blog

Monday Snippet – Charlotte de Ney by Ilona Andrews. Memorable Quote from Snippet:
“I can blight your entire family, you moron. I am the Healer. Pick a plague, and your sixteen generations will end right now.”
Edge 4 - New Snippet by Ilona. "This is a prologue and takes place a few years before the actual story."

Snippet, Edge 4: My Lord, you are a dufus. by Ilona. "It’s Regency in jeans."

It's Friday by Ilona. "I kept trying to find someway to work it in there without
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Let me just start off by saying that I have a serious love for all things Ilona Andrews. The Edge series and the Kate Daniel's series are just simply auto-buys for me. I know what I'm going to get going into them: Nice sexual tension, a very well written story, and something fresh and different in the UF/PNR world. "Steel's Edge" didn't disappoint in that respect. I love the Mar family and have been wanting to read Richard's story for a while so I was just giddy to start this one. My overall tak ...more
Patricia BookExhibitionism
PRE: I know, it's probably not going to happen seeing as he's only in his teens, but I'd like this novel to at least include lots of George. Yes, I'm transforming into some creep who hits on minors when it comes to this boy.

Anyone else out there who feels like this?

POST: Jack and George are the most precious boys in any world. There. I said it. (But I saw someone who wanted a Geroge/Sophie/Jack lovetriangle and then I cried, because no.)

The story was awesome, with lots of badassery, great chara
Veronica Del Rosa
Damn, what can I say about this book without dissolving in to a fangirl mess? This book was effing awesome. I loved every moment of it, from when she almost killed her ex-husband (bastard deserved it!) to when they trotted off into the sunset with a staggering amount of dead bodies behind them. They all deserved it, too.

I thought I'd love Kaladar to the end of my days because he was just sexy, funny and yummy. But there is something about a man who's serious and steadfast, deadly with a blade an
Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
The beginning was a bit depressing.

I love this authors ability to use words, the way they flow together is just smooth and easy to read.

Eh of course Jack and George show up with Jack screwing up and then Jack and George fighting about it. This was so old and annoying the last book. I didn't want to read about it again. I just wanted it to get back to the story, I had to put the book down for a while because I was so annoyed by the teenagers fist fighting, again.

(view spoiler)
AH
Steel's Edge - Audio Book Review Just finished listening to Steel's Edge by Ilona Andrews. This is the first time that I've ever listened to this author's book and I must say that the audio version is extremely well done. The narrator brings all the characters to life and uses different voices for each character.

I really like Ilona Andrew's Edge series. Each book in the series gets better and better. The world is so interesting. It's full of magic, swamp critters, aristocrats, and some really sp
Erica Ravenclaw
I loved it but don't want to talk about this ending, or how they said the series is complete because IT'S NOT. I'm just not up for reviewing this right now.
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Buy this book now! This is another stunning book from the fabulous duo - Ilona Andrews. The book made it to my house late yesterday evening and I read it yesterday. I've already re-read parts I enjoyed a couple of times. I LOVED IT! I'm so sad this is the last in this series. It's a lovely world they created. One can only hope a few spin offs may show up in the future. Better to end a series at its high point than drag it out past its expiration date. Ilona Andrews definitely understands "leavin ...more
Laura (Kyahgirl)
4/5; 4 stars; A-

The whole Edge series has been fun and interesting. This book had some pretty dark moments but the vanquishing of some really bad characters balanced it out quite nicely.
I really enjoyed meeting Charlotte and Richard and watching their relationship grow. Richard was a tortured character from a previous book and its always satisfying to see someone like that get their own story.

This series has a completely different flavor than the Kate Daniels series and it serves to illustrate
Ferdy
Spoilers

This wasn't enjoyable, mainly because of the bloody awful heroine, the unimaginative plot and the rubbish ending.
The heroine, Charlotte, took the piss, I expect Ilona to deliver top notch heroines but instead I got a wanking Mary Sue - she was boring, she was self righteous, she was do goody and she was all 'Oh my, why do bad things happen to good people?'...Ugh.
I couldn't connect to her at all because she was so unbelievably dull - I didn't care about her being barren, I didn't care a
Kate (Nomalicious Reads)
Everyone seems to be screaming for this to be about George, while I love him I want this to be a Jack/Lark one... yes I'm a strange strange person, but well I wouldn't mind if this was about George either, Jack is just more awesome!
Lauren
Steel's Edge
4 Stars

Hurt and betrayed by the man she has chosen to spend her life with, Charlotte de Nay, Adrianglia’s most renowned healer, flees to the Edge where she makes a new home for herself until her life is shattered once again by vicious slavers. Joining forces with Richard Mar, who has his own reasons for hunting those who prey on the innocent, Charlotte vows to defeat those behind the scourge of slavery at any cost.

An action packed story, a charming romance, but numerous questions are
All Things Urban Fantasy
Review courtesy of All Things Urban Fantasy See site review for similar titles

Ilona Andrews is one of the most consistently satisfying paranormal authors writing today. Whether it’s the grittier Kate Daniels urban fantasy series or the more rural The Edge paranormal romances. Picking up an Ilona Andrews book is always a good idea, but it’s especially true when a series ends as strongly as this one does in STEEL’S EDGE.

From the debut, The Edge series has been a wonderful blend of genres: part par
Douglas Meeks

The Edge Series by Ilona Andrews:
On The Edge - Book #1
Bayou Moon - Book #2
Fates Edge - Book #3

Book #4 - Series finale - Steel's Edge will be released Nov 27th.

Disclaimer: This novel was furnished to me at no cost and without conditions in expectation of a fair and honest review.

Reviewer's Note: I am posting this review a bit early in hopes that some of you will obtain this amazing series and be ready for the final chapter Steel's Edge when it is released on 27 November.

Steel's Edge
Summar
Peep (Pop! Pop!)
Anna (Bobs Her Hair)
Dec 22, 2012 Anna (Bobs Her Hair) rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Ilona Andrews fans/Edge series fans
3.5

This romantic urban fantasy ties in to the series, but not quite the ongoing plotline with the Hand. It felt odd at first. I went with the flow. Charlotte and Richard had a romance that snapped quickly into place. He thinks she's 'beautiful' and he looks good to her too. There's a little more to their initial attraction. I wanted more.

Richard hunts the slavers responsible for kidnapping Sophie, his young cousin who is like a neice to him. She's never been the same since being placed into a de
Cathy (cathepsut)
The last book of the Edge Series. By now we know the world and many of the characters. Still great, imaginative story telling. The darkest and grittiest story of the series. Less humour and snark. More grown-up.

I liked the plot. Mission Impossible meets Pirates of the Caribbean. A lot of gore, pretty violent. Nice, understated romance with characters that are their usual stupid selves and require repeated head bashings until the coin drops. Great fight scenes.

I liked Richard a lot more than I wo
Ren
4,5 stars

Favorite quote :

"My first words were 'Kaldar, shut up!' because you talked too much. Still do.”

Steel's Edge is the fourth book and also the final book of The Edge series. I remembe
Is this the last one? 5 59 Oct 25, 2014 04:03PM
Goodreads Librari...: Please add to series 3 36 Apr 08, 2014 08:10AM
Lovers of Paranor...: [BOTM] - SERIES PICK - Steel's Edge by Ilona Andrews 4 32 Feb 05, 2014 06:25PM
Ilona Andrews Fans: * Steel's Edge by Ilona Andrews (Book 4) 9 42 May 20, 2013 05:59PM
Urban Fantasy: Giveaway: Steel's Edge by Ilona Andrews 1 13 Dec 04, 2012 07:29AM
  • Curran; Magic Strikes Hot Tub Scene (Curran POV, #4)
  • Night Blade (Colbana Files, #2)
  • Sacrificial Magic (Downside Ghosts, #4)
  • Ashes of Honor (October Daye, #6)
  • Oracle's Moon (Elder Races, #4)
  • Riveted (Iron Seas, #3)
  • Death's Rival (Jane Yellowrock, #5)
  • Head Rush (The Disillusionists Trilogy, #3)
  • Fair Game (Alpha & Omega, #3)
  • Magic for a Price (Allie Beckstrom, #9)
  • Moonglow (Darkest London, #2)
Ilona Andrews is the pseudonym for a husband-and-wife writing team. author2sm“Ilona is a native-born Russian and Gordon is a former communications sergeant in the U.S. Army. Contrary to popular belief, Gordon was never an intelligence officer with a license to kill, and Ilona was never the mysterious Russian spy who seduced him. They met in college, in English Composition 101, where Ilona got a be ...more
More about Ilona Andrews...

The Edge (4 books)
  • On the Edge (The Edge, #1)
  • Bayou Moon (The Edge, #2)
  • Fate's Edge (The Edge, #3)
Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1) Magic Strikes (Kate Daniels, #3) Magic Bleeds (Kate Daniels, #4) Magic Burns (Kate Daniels, #2) Magic Slays (Kate Daniels, #5)

“Congratulations," he said, his voice dry. "You finally managed to find a woman as tragically noble as yourself. I didn't think one existed."
"I'm not tragic."

Kaldar held up his hand. "Spare me. Some children are born wearing a silk shirt; you were born wrapped in melancholy. When they slapped you to make you cry, you just sighed heavily and a single tear rolled from your eye." He dragged his finger from the corner of his left eye to his cheek. " Your first words were probably 'woe is me.'"
"My first words were 'Kaldar, shut up!' because you talked too much. Still do.”
37 likes
“Is he a scumbag in training?” Richard glanced at the gunman. “At least have the decency to hold the gun properly, you fool. If you don’t know how, pass it to someone who does. I’m not going to suffer being shot at by anything less than a full- fledged lowlife. (Richard)” 13 likes