Start by marking “From Plagues to Miracles: The Transformational Journey of Exodus, from the Slavery of Ego to the Promised Land of Spirit” as Want to Read:

Exodus – It’s more than a movie.

Baby Moses afloat on the Nile, the Burning Bush, the Ten Plagues, the Parting of the Red Sea, Mt. Sinai and the Golden Calf, Manna from Heaven—these are all symbolic of different stages along the spiritual journey.

Walk the Exodus path with Dr. Bob Rosenthal, a practicing psychiatrist and a student and teacher of A Course in Miracles since
Published April 1st 2012 by Hay House

To ask other readers questions about From Plagues to Miracles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about From Plagues to Miracles

Danielle
Mar 18, 2013 Danielle rated it really liked it
Let me preface this review by saying I knew VERY little about the story of the Exodus before I read this book. I knew very little about the Old Testament, period. I had seen the musical Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat when I was a teenager and had some vague recollection of brothers and deserts. That’s about it. I feel a little foolish admitting this, but really, it only helped to broaden my fascination with Dr. Rosenthal’s book because…

I love storytelling.

I love symbols and morals
veganjilly
Mar 15, 2013 veganjilly rated it it was amazing
Should it really come as a surprise that a book with "miracles" in the title would prove to be such a miracle in my life? Well, it surprised me. I wasn't even sure if I would like this book, let alone experience such a profound transformation as a result of it!

I first became aware of the author, Robert Rosenthal, after seeing him speak at an "A Course in Miracles" conference last summer. I was really inspired by his talk, and I thought to myself, "I should definitely check out his book." It wasn
Tamara Simmons
May 30, 2012 Tamara Simmons rated it it was amazing
Amazing..profound.the truth
Rogier
Jul 01, 2012 Rogier rated it it was amazing
Shelves: acim, psychology
This is a gem of a book, that offers a profound understanding of the meaning of salvation based on the parable of Exodus, and the journey to the Promised Land.
Becca
Sep 07, 2012 Becca rated it it was ok
Shelves: religion
Thanks to the author and goodreads for my First Reads copy!
In my humble opinion, this book was okay. It was well written, and I appreciated Dr. Rosenthal's analysis of the Exodus story as a parable (as in, don't try to understand it as a literal historical account), I was left uninspired by the numerous anecdotes supplied to boost the theory that if we just think positive thoughts, life will turn out in our favor (not necessarily how we wanted, but in our favor nonetheless). I suppose the author
Sandra
Sep 07, 2012 Sandra rated it it was amazing
I won this book through goodreads & it was wonderful! this book is a great inspiration to all of us & highly recommend to all to read!
Jenny Everett
Mar 16, 2013 Jenny Everett rated it it was amazing
Shelves: firstreads
I absolutely loved it, this book helped me understand my religion much better than I previously was.
Erdahs
Sep 07, 2012 Erdahs marked it as dearly-departed
Shelves: first-reads
Won as part of the Goodreads first reads program. Review to come.
Madonna
Feb 04, 2015 Madonna rated it it was amazing
Let me first say thank you. This book is so inspiring that I want all the ladies in my Bible study group to read it so we can have a discussion of all the wonderful things you pointed out to us. I have never thought of Exodus and the journey in quite this way before. Thank you so much.

This was a free book sent to me through the Good Reads Program. I find so many wonder new authors to read this way. I certainly hope the programs keeps going. I always tell the people I meet about this when I find
Rachel Parrott
Jan 16, 2015 Rachel Parrott rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Rosenthal speaks of the journey of ego driven life to freedom of true self using the Exodus story as metaphor for the discussions framework. Carefully examined with anecdotes to illustrate along the way.

My copy was a gift through Goodreads First Reads.
Emmanuelle
Emmanuelle rated it it was amazing
Mar 08, 2012
Ken
Ken rated it it was amazing
Dec 07, 2015
Laura rated it it was amazing
Feb 07, 2013
Teresa Weaver
Teresa Weaver rated it liked it
Jan 07, 2015
Benjamin
Benjamin rated it really liked it
Apr 18, 2017
Robin Abbott
Robin Abbott rated it it was amazing
Mar 27, 2016
Taiwo
Taiwo rated it it was amazing
Apr 02, 2015
Kristina Franken
Kristina Franken rated it it was amazing
Lillian Odhiambo
Lillian Odhiambo rated it it was amazing
Mar 17, 2016
Rhonda
Rhonda rated it liked it
Feb 17, 2016
Michael
Michael rated it it was amazing
Feb 12, 2015
Robert Rosenthal
Mar 08, 2012 Robert Rosenthal rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Lynne
Lynne rated it liked it
Mar 30, 2016
Ciara Lucero
Ciara Lucero marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2011
Sophia
Sophia marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2012
Charlotte Rogers
Charlotte Rogers marked it as to-read
Gail
Gail marked it as to-read
Karen Klein
Karen Klein marked it as to-read
Karen Arrowood
Karen Arrowood marked it as to-read
Ronald
Ronald marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2012
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2012
Katrina Mcghee
Katrina Mcghee marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2012
Maria
Maria marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2012
Lou
Lou marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2012
Kara
Kara marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2012
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2012
Sam
Sam marked it as to-read
Kermit Crissey
Kermit Crissey marked it as to-read
Joshua Siewert
Joshua Siewert marked it as to-read
Diana Petty-stone
Diana Petty-stone marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2012
Msadventure
Msadventure marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2012
Danielle Joy
Danielle Joy marked it as to-read
Deidre
Deidre marked it as to-read
Deja
Deja marked it as to-read
Cindy
Cindy marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2012
Suzanne
Suzanne marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2012
Keri Wilhelm
Keri Wilhelm marked it as to-read
Tieshka
Tieshka marked it as to-read
Meridy Jenkins
Meridy Jenkins marked it as to-read
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Alina Vincent
Alina Vincent marked it as to-read
Tedra Sharon
Tedra Sharon marked it as to-read
  • Your Immortal Reality: How to Break the Cycle of Birth and Death
  • Advaita Vedanta: A Philosophical Reconstruction
  • The Knitting Goddess: Finding the Heart and Soul of Knitting Through Instruction, Projects, and Stories
  • The Vegan Pregnancy Survival Guide
  • Reveal: A Sacred Manual for Getting Spiritually Naked
  • Austentatious Crochet: 36 Contemporary Designs from the World of Jane Austen
  • The End of Sorrow (The Bhagavad Gita for Daily Living, #1)
  • Angels of Abundance: Heaven's 11 Messages to Help You Manifest Support, Supply and Every Form of Abundance
  • Woodland Knits: 20 enchanting projects to make and share
  • Past Lives, Present Miracles: The Most Empowering Book on Reincarnation You'll Ever Read...in this Lifetime!
  • Sweat Your Prayers
  • Without Fear of Falling
  • Colors  Numbers
  • GREEN CLEAN: The Environmentally Sound Guide to Cleaning Your Home
  • Yoga and Vegetarianism: The Path to Greater Health and Happiness
  • Shakespeare by Another Name: The Life of Edward de Vere, Earl of Oxford, the Man Who Was Shakespeare
  • Hard Times Require Furious Dancing: New Poems (A Palm of Her Hand Project)
  • The Goddess is in the Details: Wisdom for the Everyday Witch
Robert Rosenthal, M.D. is a board-certified psychiatrist and psychotherapist in private practice in the Princeton, New Jersey area. He has been a student and teacher of A Course in Miracles since 1975 and was a close friend of Bill Thetford's, one of the Course's "scribes." He has served on the board of the Foundation for Inner Peace since 1992. From Plagues to Miracles is his first work of non-fi ...more
More about Robert S. Rosenthal...

“Bodies feel pain; only the mind can suffer. Indeed, it’s possible to be in pain and yet not suffer at all.” 2 likes
“The primary cause of unhappiness is never the [external] situation but your thoughts about it.” 1 likes