Start by marking “Splitsville.com (Olivia Davis Paranormal Mystery, #1)” as Want to Read:
Splitsville.com (Olivia Davis Paranormal Mystery, #1)

Splitsville.com (Olivia Davis Paranormal Mystery #1)

3.70  ·  Rating Details  ·  307 Ratings  ·  51 Reviews

Published July 21st 2011 (first published July 16th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Splitsville.com, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Splitsville.com

Ian
Feb 20, 2013 Ian rated it liked it
Recommends it for: fans of The Oxford Introduction to U.S. Tax Law
I thought this book was really good up until I started reading it. After that it got a little dull.
Stephanie
Aug 03, 2011 Stephanie rated it it was amazing
I am going to be honest here.

I was catching up on the current Facebook status updates one night when I came across one that caught my attention. It said something like, "For the first 5 people to post comment to this status I'll give an ecopy of my book Splitsville.com."

The cover was cute, and the title was catchy I jumped on it saying I'll take a piece of that. Not having a single what the book was even about.

Well, I have now read this book . . . and it was GREAT!!!

Olivia (Liv) has a problem, w
Diane Majeske
Oct 18, 2011 Diane Majeske rated it it was amazing
I'll admit it - I first judged this book by its cover. I loved it. But it's not all about looks with me ... I loved the story, too!

I mean, you think you have issues? At least you're not Olivia Davis. Not only is she neatness-impaired and boyfriend-free, she also sees auras. Yes, auras - you know, the mood-shifting energy that surrounds the human body. It makes it a little difficult to focus and hold down a full-time job.

That's why she started Splitsville.com, a heartbreak-for-hire web site. Sure
Paula Ratcliffe
Jul 04, 2012 Paula Ratcliffe rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2012
This was a great book that I got through Barnes and Noble. It's the story of Olivia Davis who spends her days dumping people for her clients anything from a date breakup to a divorce break up. She uses the alias of Jenn so people who meet her don't know who she is. Her company is Splitsville.com and she does just that. When someone from Olivia's past ends up dead curiosity strikes Olivia even more so when her best friend Erin's boyfriend ends up murder and Splitsville.com's identity is about to ...more
Heather
Jan 01, 2012 Heather rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The storyline was a really fun idea, but horribly executed. I'm not sure who to blame, the author or the editor, but wow. I finally just skipped to the end after about 50 pages because I couldn't take the spelling and grammar mistakes anymore. All books have some, but this was like it was written by a fifth grader. Yikes! Too bad, it should have been a fun, light read and I was looking forward to reading more in the series, but that's not going to happen.
Dana ****Reads Alot****
Aug 23, 2011 Dana ****Reads Alot**** rated it really liked it
This is a super cute fast mystery read. I really enjoyed the character olivia she was pretty funny in her break up service. Wonder how she would do as a Job Termination.com service. I bet she would be a hoot.
Kelly
Mar 10, 2015 Kelly rated it liked it
Not as good as I hoped it would be, but not a bad as it could have been. Hard to empathise with a main character you just want to punch in the face due to her sheer stupidity.
Melissa Ramirez
Aug 12, 2011 Melissa Ramirez rated it it was amazing
A girl who reads auras and gets herself in a heap of trouble breaking people up for a living. This is a clever and original concept for a cozy mystery. Tons of fun!
b00k r3vi3ws
Mar 25, 2012 b00k r3vi3ws rated it it was ok
Shelves: review-copy
Olivia Davis is no normal girl. She sees auras of people that prove to be too distracting for her to hold down a permanent job. That’s not the only problem though. She is also neatness impaired and has zero love-life. She starts a business herself - Splitsville.com, a ‘break-up’ agency. The online business turns out to be successful minus a few threats. Her life turns around when she meet Bradley.

But there’s more in store for her… Her clients start to turn up dead – murdered. Olivia, who runs he
Angela White
Jan 25, 2012 Angela White rated it did not like it
I love the premise of this story: an aura reading woman who's in the business of breaking up with people for their significant others. On top of that, she's also somewhat of a sleuth.

What I don't love, however, is how little attention the author's editor paid to her/his task. A number of passages reflect what are seemingly different phrases that were considered, but without resolution, as all the phrases made it into the final copy.

Similarly, there are subject/verb shifts in number, person, and
Donna Hatridge
Oct 01, 2011 Donna Hatridge rated it really liked it
This book was a light easy read that was fun. I totally enjoyed this book. I will be looking for more of Tonya Kappes books.

Splitsville.com is more than Olivia Davis ever dreamed of when she launched the online break up service where she does the dirty work under the alias of Jenn. No one can find out she’s the mastermind of her internet sensation, especially when they threaten her for breaking their hearts. More importantly, Olivia can’t keep a job. The problem is, she has a ‘gift’. Or what she
Sandra Hernandez
Apr 13, 2014 Sandra Hernandez rated it liked it
This had so much potential the storyline was actually really good. The characters was a love hate relationship. At times I really love them but then there are times I really just could not stand them. I like the fact that she sees pre cognitive but I hate the way she is towards people and how they treat her and how she treats them especially her best friend not being acceptible or just assuming she's out to steal her man. I feel like this is your best friend this should be the person you feel co ...more
Mila Ballentine
Jul 18, 2012 Mila Ballentine rated it it was amazing
A Captivating Page Turner
SPLITSVILLE.COM is one of my favorite’s titles by Tonya Kappes. SPLITSVILLE.COM had my attention from beginning to end. Jenn’s break-up service was delightfully sinful and her ability to read auras made her fascinating. She gets the job done and you can’t help but feel bad for the person at the other end of the phone line. The book is worthy of a sitcom series or a movie. It’s fun, engaging and I can’t wait to see if this book goes beyond print.
Tina Alosa
Jan 24, 2016 Tina Alosa rated it liked it
Great ideas, but the execution...not so much

Loved the concept of the online break up service and the mystery itself was ok. Those are the positives. Unfortunately, the ' heroine ' of our story was kinda bitchy to her clients break up victims, hard to believe it could be very successful behaving that way, even the ones she claims to feel bad for. She was raised by her wonderful ' wacky ' aunt, but she's not particularly nice to her either, and the most memorable thing about her is she wears cloth
Debbie
Aug 23, 2015 Debbie rated it liked it
I had a hard time grading this one. The idea is interesting, a website that breaks up for you. The main character can read auras and has dreams that can give her clues. The part I had a hard time with was the main character while likeable in many ways was just as irritating. She seemed to have a highly negative regard of almost everyone she met. When breaking up with a client she sometimes seemed to be a little brutal just because she was in a hurry. She disliked the cops and I really couldn't f ...more
Drea
Dec 05, 2012 Drea rated it liked it
I liked this story. I thought is was very cute. The writing was a little choppy in places and there were errors in continuity, basically things that should have been picked up in editing. But, I ignored them, well maybe made a few comments to my husband about them, then finished reading the book. The concept is a good one and I would more than likely pick up the next book in this series - if it is even a series.
Teri Lenz
Sep 03, 2012 Teri Lenz rated it it was amazing
This book has everything! We meet Olivia, a struggling, creative, single who falls into a twisted little mystery/who-done-it. Olivia has a "gift," and we learn a lot about the characters from her. As I read it, I enjoyed the touch of romance, the soothing aunt, the awkward best friend and the steps to which Olivia would go to try and save both her company and her life.
Saralyn
Aug 22, 2012 Saralyn rated it it was amazing
Another fast, fun read by Tonya Kappes! When reading her books I'm always sad when I have to put my kindle down to attend to my daily routines. I love a book that I'm anxious to pick back up and Splitsville.com definitely kept me intrigued throughout the story. I will definitely be anxiously awaiting the next book!
Terry
Sep 22, 2011 Terry rated it liked it
Fun, quick read. Quirky characters. Had problems with format on my Nook, but tricked my way thur. Not for people that get annoyed at typos, sentence errors, or sometimes redundant phrasing. But was fun and easy.
Arlene
Oct 01, 2015 Arlene rated it liked it
Not impressed at all. I have no idea which character I found more annoying. I hope this was the beginning for her because the last series I at least enjoyed..
Niveah
Jul 18, 2012 Niveah rated it it was amazing
I Absolutely loved this story!
Aimee
Aug 09, 2011 Aimee rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2011
Splitsville.com was a very interesting story. I kinda liked how Olivia was living a double life, as she didn't want people to know that she was the one behind the internet site that broke up with someone for the right price. But it seems to have gotten her in trouble anyway. Very imaginative story!

I liked the mystery. I actually didn't see the ending coming, as I thought I had it all figured out already, along with Olivia. But it was a fun read, as I joined Olivia on her mission to clear not onl
Judy Jablonski
Apr 05, 2014 Judy Jablonski rated it it was ok
Love, love the Charming series by this author so picked this book. It's just awful. As a another reviewer stated I am less than 50% done and just can't read anymore. The story line could be really cute but it is so unbelievable and the characters just not likable. The only character I sort of sympathize with is the 'boyfriend' and I find myself wanting to scream at him to run away from this train wreck.
Fallon
Sep 17, 2011 Fallon rated it really liked it
I didn't know if I would like this book, because it could have been silly and not all .99 books are worth their price tag. However, I was fairly quickly drawn in. Olivia has a nice job then her world just comes crashing down, and the story becomes a pretty nice little mystery/who-done-it book. Really, I didn't see the culprit coming and there are some twists and turns and a splash of romance thrown in. The characters were put together really well, the writing was enjoyable and fluid and overall ...more
Jul 23, 2015 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Wonderful mystery

The book is very entertaining. Olivia is the main character with one check of a job. I would recommend this book for anyone who loves mysteries and adventure.
Darcysmom
Dec 30, 2015 Darcysmom rated it really liked it
Olivia reminds me of the heroine of a screwball comedy. Add in her ability to read auras and she is even more fun to get to know.
Allyson
Feb 21, 2013 Allyson rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! Tonya has a way of writing that holds your attention to a point that you don't want to put the book down!! Olivia has a company named Splitsville.com which so breaks up with people for people who can't find a way to do it! Not only does she have her company but can read people by their auras! Then she gets mixed up in several murders, that she has to figure out before the blame falls on her or her company! I turned page after page because I was dying to know who did it! There ...more
Sally
Feb 17, 2013 Sally rated it liked it
Olivia Davis runs an online break-up service, Splitsville.com. As Jenn, she does the dirty work of breaking up with people. When one of her customers is found murdered, Olivia knows it is only a matter of time before the police learn of Splitsville and reveal her to the community as Jenn. In an attempt to protect her business, Olivia decides she needs to find the killer herself.

It was a cute book, however, there were many typos, misspellings and it seemed to jump around suddenly from one event t
Sheryl
Aug 03, 2015 Sheryl rated it really liked it
Goodbook

I read this book in a day. It was a fast read. Very enjoyable. Will read more in this series.
Aggeliki
Aug 26, 2015 Aggeliki rated it did not like it
Unreadable.
  • A Taste of the Nightlife (Vampire Chef, #1)
  • Trouble in the Tarot (A Fortune Teller Mystery #3)
  • Murder Buys a T-shirt (A Haunted Souvenir Shop Mystery #1)
  • A Spirited Gift (A Missing PIeces Mystery #3)
  • The Ghost and the Bogus Bestseller (Haunted Bookshop Mystery #6)
  • Rock 'n' Roll is Undead (Veronica Mason, #1)
  • Marked Fur Murder (Whiskey, Tango & Foxtrot Mystery, #3)
  • Lost in the Light
  • A Ghost of a Chance (A Shannon Delaney Paranormal Mystery #1)
  • Honeymoon for One
  • Skirting The Grave (A Vintage Magic Mystery, #4)
  • Defending the Dead (Relatively Dead Mysteries Book 3)
  • The Bride That Time Forgot (Brenda & Effie Mystery #5)
  • Ghost in the Wind (A Haunted Guesthouse Mystery, #7)
  • A Harvest of Bones (A Chintz 'n China Mystery, #4)
  • Hex on the Ex (A Mind for Murder, #3)
  • A Seamless Murder (A Magical Dressmaking Mystery #6)
  • The Importance of Being Emily (Bad Witch: The Emily Chronicles #1)
Here is my author page on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/authortonyak...

Follow me on Twitter! https://twitter.com/tonyakappes11

Tonya has written over 15 novels and 4 novellas, all of which have graced numerous bestseller lists including USA Today. Best known for stories charged with emotion and humor, and filled with flawed characters, her novels have garnered reader praise and glowing critica
More about Tonya Kappes...

Olivia Davis Paranormal Mystery (3 books)
  • Color Me Love (Olivia Davis Paranormal Mystery, #1.5)
  • Color Me A Crime (Olivia Davis Paranormal Mystery, #2)