Start by marking “Absolute Honour” as Want to Read:
Absolute Honour

Absolute Honour (Jack Absolute #3)

The latest in the adventures of Jack Absolute, a redcoated James Bond.
Published July 19th 2006 by McArthur & Company (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Absolute Honour, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Absolute Honour

Mrsgaskell
Nov 07, 2011 Mrsgaskell rated it really liked it
The continuing adventures of Jack Absolute made for highly entertaining reading. The opening scene of the novel finds Jack in Newport, Rhode Island, parting from the Quaker widow in whose arms he's whiled away the winter months. He appears to have become restless and is eager to board ship for England. Rowing to the ship he rescues a naked swimmer who turns out to be fellow passenger Red Hugh McClune. Jack and the Irishman soon become fast friends. At sea there is an encounter with privateers, a ...more
Faith
May 06, 2014 Faith rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: goodreads, reviewed
I enjoyed the beginning of this book when the protagonist Lieutenant Jack Absolute was at sea returning to England from America with his new friend, the Irishman Red Hugh McClune. Jack and Red make a great pair. I don't know naval terminology at all but I still found the battle sequence exciting.

When it stuck to swashbuckling adventure, I found this book engaging. However, during the middle section of the book devoted to the romance between Jack and Red's 17 year old cousin Laetitia, I totally l
Tammy
Mar 24, 2016 Tammy rated it liked it
Recommends it for: historical adventure
Shelves: own, 3-stars
When I started reading this I found out it was part of a series. I believe I would have enjoyed this book more if I had read the previous book of this series.
A masculine read full of adventure that takes place during the eighteenth century. From pirate attack to betrayed friendship, broken romance, Jacobite prison, and Spanish war a young man matures to self awareness. I would like to read the next in this series only if I read the previous novel first.
Labels: Historical Fiction, Adventure, Jac
Kristine Morris
Jack Absolute does it again! I am a little confused about the order of these books though. I didn't realize this one existed and it's been a few years since I read Jack Absoute and Blooding of J.A, so I've lost a bit of the momentum. Humphreys does a good job at describing military and espionage adventure even for those who don't typically like kind of genre. Very accessible and fun!
 Mrs Hasmik Davtian
I received this book through Goodreads for honest review.
Although this period of history was interesting and not the usual story, I found the hero difficult to like. For all the emphasis on his honor it was at times at his convenience. Also the author has a low opinion of most of the women in this story which also makes this an unsympathetic character."
I can give only four star.
Huw Gilasbey
Jun 06, 2013 Huw Gilasbey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
finally got around to reading my xmas present, and what a plonkeer I was..the story had me gripped from start to finish, had difficulties putting it down, well written and draws you in from the start. now looking for the rest of the series, definitely up with Wilber Smith and John Grisham for me superb author.
Christopher Mcgurr
Another great swashbuckling adventure in the Jack Absolute series. Though, I wish the author would hurry up and give us a proper sequel to the first book. These prequels are great but I am still waitng to close off the cliffhanger
I liked this one, but it wasn't as good as the first two. I like Absolute better when he is spying and fighting rather than wooing the ladies. I understand why he had to do it for the novel's plot, but I it's not my favorite.
Howard Anders
Oct 11, 2012 Howard Anders rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent. Interesting view of the potential Jacobite threat to the English throne in the mid-18th Century, along with romance, war, duels of honor. A lot of action packed into a bit more than 300 pages. I anxiously await the next volume in the series.
Roshni
Apr 23, 2011 Roshni rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was a fantastic ending of the Jack Absolute series. Jack`s many scrapes entertain throughout, and the only negative aspect is his constant obsession with women. Altogether, a well rounded, page-turner. ...more
Lee
This is the third in the trilogy about Jack Absolute and his adventures as a member of the Queen's 16th Dragoons. Spy, cavalryman, lover, whether in the New World's territories, France or Italy, he's always up to something.
Dreamer
Excellent series..
Tom
Mar 08, 2009 Tom rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a great book and series. Stands up tp Flashman, Sharpe, Aubery, etc. The Series starts with the American Revolution, the next 2 books fill in the back story.
Derk West
May 05, 2014 Derk West rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book. This is the 3rd or 4th time around for me. There is always some detail or plot that I have missed previously. I love this series and you should enjoy it also.
Char
Jul 15, 2015 Char rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Absolute fun

Good sequel. I do want another book, what is Jack doing now since he is at the school where Ate is?
Deb
Oct 09, 2016 Deb rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
All I can say is that I am truly saddened to reach the end of Jack Absolute's adventures
Jennifer Harper
May 23, 2015 Jennifer Harper rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Still in love with this series. Simply can't get enough of Jack Absolute. Nuff said.
Shawna
Shawna rated it really liked it
Jun 23, 2014
Cecelia
Cecelia rated it it was amazing
Jan 12, 2015
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it really liked it
Sep 25, 2016
Steven Burley
Steven Burley rated it really liked it
Apr 11, 2013
Jonny Philpott
Jonny Philpott rated it really liked it
Feb 08, 2016
Avery Burns
Recommended. I've enjoyed all 3 of this series.
Jeff S
Jeff S rated it liked it
Nov 22, 2014
Cerredwyn Horrigan
Cerredwyn Horrigan rated it really liked it
Jan 23, 2013
Dan Holloway
Dan Holloway rated it really liked it
Feb 16, 2015
Dave
Dave rated it really liked it
Nov 15, 2012
Cheri Reeves
Cheri Reeves rated it it was amazing
Oct 20, 2015
Peter
Peter rated it it was amazing
Oct 03, 2008
Brittany Farrell
Brittany Farrell rated it liked it
Apr 14, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Voyageurs: A Novel
  • Matelots (Raised By Wolves, #2)
  • Four Days in June: Waterloo: A Battle for Honour and Glory
  • The Mournful Demeanour of Lieutenant Boruvka: Detective Tales
  • Redcoat (Richard Sharpe)
  • The Annotated Northwest Passage
  • The Factory Voice
  • The Prairie Bridesmaid
  • The Needle in the Blood
  • The Time of Terror (Nathan Peake, #1)
  • The Horns of the Buffalo (Simon Fonthill, #1)
  • Judgment Day
  • Throwaway Daughter
  • The Life and Death of Harriett Frean
  • How to Eat Like a Child: And Other Lessons in Not Being a Grown-up
  • Crackpot: A Novel
  • Special Forces - Mercenaries Part II (Special Forces, #2 part 2)
  • Settlers of the Marsh
aka Chris Humphreys

C.C. Humphreys was born in Toronto, Canada, and grew up in Los Angeles and London. A third generation actor and writer on both sides of his family, he returned to Canada in the nineties and there his writing career began. He won the inaugural playwriting competition of the New Play Centre, Vancouver with his first play, 'A Cage Without Bars' which was produced in Vancouver and L
More about C.C. Humphreys...

Jack Absolute (3 books)
  • Jack Absolute  (Jack Absolute, #1)
  • The Blooding of Jack Absolute (Jack Absolute #2)