Absolute Honour

Absolute Honour (Jack Absolute #3)

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  102 ratings  ·  10 reviews
The latest in the adventures of Jack Absolute, a redcoated James Bond.
Published July 19th 2006 by McArthur & Company (first published January 1st 2006)

Mrsgaskell
The continuing adventures of Jack Absolute made for highly entertaining reading. The opening scene of the novel finds Jack in Newport, Rhode Island, parting from the Quaker widow in whose arms he's whiled away the winter months. He appears to have become restless and is eager to board ship for England. Rowing to the ship he rescues a naked swimmer who turns out to be fellow passenger Red Hugh McClune. Jack and the Irishman soon become fast friends. At sea there is an encounter with privateers, a...more
Kristine Morris
Jack Absolute does it again! I am a little confused about the order of these books though. I didn't realize this one existed and it's been a few years since I read Jack Absoute and Blooding of J.A, so I've lost a bit of the momentum. Humphreys does a good job at describing military and espionage adventure even for those who don't typically like kind of genre. Very accessible and fun!
 Mrs Hasmik
I received this book through Goodreads for honest review.
Although this period of history was interesting and not the usual story, I found the hero difficult to like. For all the emphasis on his honor it was at times at his convenience. Also the author has a low opinion of most of the women in this story which also makes this an unsympathetic character."
I can give only four star.
Huw Gilasbey
finally got around to reading my xmas present, and what a plonkeer I was..the story had me gripped from start to finish, had difficulties putting it down, well written and draws you in from the start. now looking for the rest of the series, definitely up with Wilber Smith and John Grisham for me superb author.
Howard Anders
Excellent. Interesting view of the potential Jacobite threat to the English throne in the mid-18th Century, along with romance, war, duels of honor. A lot of action packed into a bit more than 300 pages. I anxiously await the next volume in the series.
Christopher Mcgurr
Another great swashbuckling adventure in the Jack Absolute series. Though, I wish the author would hurry up and give us a proper sequel to the first book. These prequels are great but I am still waitng to close off the cliffhanger
I liked this one, but it wasn't as good as the first two. I like Absolute better when he is spying and fighting rather than wooing the ladies. I understand why he had to do it for the novel's plot, but I it's not my favorite.
Roshni
This book was a fantastic ending of the Jack Absolute series. Jack`s many scrapes entertain throughout, and the only negative aspect is his constant obsession with women. Altogether, a well rounded, page-turner.
Tom
What a great book and series. Stands up tp Flashman, Sharpe, Aubery, etc. The Series starts with the American Revolution, the next 2 books fill in the back story.
Avery Burns
Recommended. I've enjoyed all 3 of this series.
Katharine
Katharine marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Hawley
Hawley marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Katherine
Katherine marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Judy
Judy marked it as to-read
Chrissy
Chrissy marked it as to-read
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
Gina Stuteville
Gina Stuteville marked it as to-read
Debbie
Debbie marked it as to-read
Susan
Susan added it
Shannon Stamper bush
Shannon Stamper bush marked it as to-read
Leanne Murray
Leanne Murray marked it as to-read
Darcy Mantai
Darcy Mantai marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Maria Galbraith
Maria Galbraith marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Bob
Bob marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
  • A Close Run Thing (Matthew Hervey, #1)
  • Command a King's Ship (Richard Bolitho, #8)
  • Redcoat
  • The King's Privateer (Alan Lewrie, #4)
  • Ring of Secrets (The Culper Ring, #1)
  • The Generals (Revolution, #2)
  • The Road to Samarcand
  • Strivers Row
  • Beyond Belfast
  • Wolves (Raised By Wolves, #4)
  • The Needle in the Blood
  • An Advancement of Learning (Dalziel & Pascoe, #2)
  • The Soldier of Raetia (Valerian's Legion, #1)
aka Chris Humphreys

C.C. Humphreys was born in Toronto, Canada, and grew up in Los Angeles and London. A third generation actor and writer on both sides of his family, he returned to Canada in the nineties and there his writing career began. He won the inaugural playwriting competition of the New Play Centre, Vancouver with his first play, 'A Cage Without Bars' which was produced in Vancouver and L...more
More about C.C. Humphreys...
Vlad: The Last Confession A Place Called Armageddon The French Executioner (French Executioner, #1) The Hunt of the Unicorn Jack Absolute  (Jack Absolute, #1)