Start by marking “Eon's Door” as Want to Read:
Eon's Door

Eon's Door

3.12 of 5 stars 3.12  ·  rating details  ·  33 ratings  ·  12 reviews
The Dark Forest is moving and a horde of bloodthirsty monsters is on the hunt. For the peaceful denizens of Erla, time is running out.

Two thousand years after three clans flee the world of humans through Eon's Door to find sanctuary in a realm called Erla, a prophecy left to them by the ancient race that created the tree portal is coming true. A trusted sage has stolen the
Published July 10th 2011 by J.G. McKenney (first published May 20th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Eon's Door, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eon's Door

Ivie Isler
Review also posted on Mind-Ventures

I received this book through GoodReads' First Reads program, and I was eager to begin this story. As a lover of fantasy novels, this held the promise of everything I enjoy reading--a new world, new creatures, quests, and special talents (telepathy). McKenney thoroughly thought through these elements and the result is wonderful adventure story.

Before the story begins, McKenney provides a map of the Erlan world as well as a list of the main characters. This real
Jessica Rust
One of the first books I was ever given to read was a fantasy book. It took me on a journey to unknown lands and created a vision of possibilities. That book gave me an understanding that there is so much more to this world than just what we see. Eon's door is very much like that. J.G. McKenney's ability to describe a world so much and so unlike our own is impressive.

Eon's door is a classic fantasy adventure story that faces off between good and evil. Strange and delightful characters fill the
Jessica
Lovers of Fantasy should be well aware that we are awash in a world of clones. Despite my deep love of this genre, it's true that a lot of times every story is like the one before, and so I become a bit jaded when it comes to starting a new book. However, lucky for me, J.G. McKenny approached me with Eon's Door. From the moment I opened it on my ereader I was swept away into a beautifully crafted world. With deep ties to nature, and a distinct lack of complicated character names or races, this b ...more
Sift Book Reviews
Eon’s Door begins in the true spirit of epic fantasy with pages of world maps, character lists and descriptions. The story follows a myriad of characters and their role in finding the portal key that joins their old world with the new, both in current day and several millennia ago. It has a captivating storyline with a lovely surprise at the end; 4.5 stars out of 5.

See the in-depth review: http://www.siftreviews.com/2011/09/eo...

Review by: Erica of Sift Book Reviews
Sift Book Reviews received a f
Susan Krafcheck
Eon's door is a fantastical adventure story facing good versus evil, fanciful creatures, 2 very different worlds. I found myself immersed with the story line that had deep ties into nature. The tie-in to Bobby's world and Miann's world is so different. I think I would like Miann's world. The quietness of no modern day elements.
The characters were easy to relate to, as well as what they stood for. It saddened me the demise of Oris, by the talon of his own feather.
I will say that initially I was
Literary
Kathy's Review:

You know how in the Song of Ice and Fire series, there's an appendix in the back that lists all the Houses and the people who belong to each house? And half the time you read those names and you think, who the heck is that?!?

Eon's Door begins with a roster of all the groups of real and fantasy people. My initial thought: uh-oh. I'm never going to remember all of this.

The writing here is solid, but as I suspected, I quickly became lost in the story as I struggled to remember who wa
Miriam
Didn't go far enough into the book to know anything about it, just that I cannot cope with all the pages and pages of info drops and stupid dialogues (with info drops) in the first 5% of the book. I'm not engaged, I'm jumping lines and skipping paragraphs. That's not how I want to feel while reading.

Scrolling a little bit farther in the book I see that the writing style is more or less the same.
Ronald
When I started reading this book, i was not sure what to expect, as I did not know the author at that time.

I was pleasantly surprised. The style of writing is engaging, and I wanted to finish once started. At the beginning I was not sure in what kind of world to place the book, some references to North American Indian culture, but also some presence of other cultures as well. I was completely taken by surprise when I learned where the 'ancients' came from, and from that point the book moved to a
Justyn Simon
Dec 22, 2013 Justyn Simon rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: people who like books about adventure, alternative worlds or magic
Shelves: adventure, magic, wolf
This was a very interesting story full of twists and turns. Basically it's one of those stories where someone from our world is taken to another world full of magic. Miann is this elf who came to take with him , a bird and Bobby's friend Scotty come a long also with a giant wolf and eagle they meet on the other side , they go after the key that opened the door way between the worlds. Along the way they battle against the creatures altered by the key because of the villain who wants to kill them
Erin
Decent fantasy, but every time I got in to a storyline, the book would jump to another time period or place or POV. And it had the feel of some kind of epic adventure, yet the adventuring part always seemed to happen rather quickly. Names were also a little hard to keep track of for the first quarter of the book.

It was good, it just felt like it need a little more polish--tightening in some areas, expansion in others. All in all, not a bad first reads book, just not five stars.
Penny
Interesting...different! Two parallel worlds, one human and the other not!!
DavidO
The setting was interesting enough, but the story was a bit jumpy. At a few places it was interesting at other places it seemed a bit average. There's nothing particularly wrong with it, but it sadly wasn't something that was worth my time to read when there's so many other books.
Michael To
Michael To marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
Louise
Louise marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2014
Joseph
Joseph marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2014
Corinne
Corinne marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2014
Lon Williams
Lon Williams marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2014
Lizette
Lizette marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2014
Sorin
Sorin marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2014
Lindsay
Lindsay marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2014
Kayla Eklund
Kayla Eklund marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2014
Tori
Tori marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
Anica Petrovic
Anica Petrovic marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2014
Erin Pauley
Erin Pauley marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2014
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
Jean
Jean marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2014
Michele Johnson
Michele Johnson marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2014
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2014
  • Amulet (DragonBlade #1)
  • Cloak
  • A Dragon's Awakening (The Chronicles of Kale, #1)
  • King's Envoy ( Artesans of Albia #1 )
  • The Prophecy (Bakkian Chronicles, #1)
  • Akasha (Akasha, #1)
  • The Riddler's Gift (Tales of the Lifesong, #1)
  • The Door to Canellin (Gatehouse #1)
  • Traphis: A Wizard's Tale
  • Prince of Bryanae
  • Farro
  • Emerald (World of Samar, #1)
  • The Mumbo Jumbo Circus (Mumbo Jumbo Circus, #1)
  • The Last Goddess (The Shattered Messiah #1)
  • Legon Awakening (Legon, #1)
  • Return to Exile (The Hunter Chronicles #1)
  • Neon Dragon
  • Raven's Heart: A Tale from the World of Secramore
For EON'S DOOR, J.G. (John) McKenney received the 2012 Reader Views Reviewers Choice Award, and was also a finalist for the Eric Hoffer Award. John's fascination with fantasy and adventure began at a young age when he discovered works like THE HOBBIT and THE CALL OF THE WILD. That early love of reading has matured into a need to tell stories that transport readers into worlds full of wonder and en ...more
More about J.G. McKenney...