Start by marking “Eon's Door” as Want to Read:
Eon's Door

Eon's Door

The Dark Forest is moving and a horde of bloodthirsty monsters is on the hunt. For the peaceful denizens of Erla, time is running out.

Two thousand years after three clans flee the world of humans through Eon's Door to find sanctuary in a realm called Erla, a prophecy left to them by the ancient race that created the tree portal is coming true. A trusted sage has stolen the
Published July 10th 2011 by J.G. McKenney (first published May 20th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Eon's Door, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eon's Door

Ivie Isler
Aug 23, 2012 Ivie Isler rated it really liked it
Review also posted on Mind-Ventures

I received this book through GoodReads' First Reads program, and I was eager to begin this story. As a lover of fantasy novels, this held the promise of everything I enjoy reading--a new world, new creatures, quests, and special talents (telepathy). McKenney thoroughly thought through these elements and the result is wonderful adventure story.

Before the story begins, McKenney provides a map of the Erlan world as well as a list of the main characters. This real
Jessica Rust
Oct 23, 2012 Jessica Rust rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012
One of the first books I was ever given to read was a fantasy book. It took me on a journey to unknown lands and created a vision of possibilities. That book gave me an understanding that there is so much more to this world than just what we see. Eon's door is very much like that. J.G. McKenney's ability to describe a world so much and so unlike our own is impressive.

Eon's door is a classic fantasy adventure story that faces off between good and evil. Strange and delightful characters fill the
Jessica
Sep 08, 2011 Jessica rated it really liked it
Lovers of Fantasy should be well aware that we are awash in a world of clones. Despite my deep love of this genre, it's true that a lot of times every story is like the one before, and so I become a bit jaded when it comes to starting a new book. However, lucky for me, J.G. McKenny approached me with Eon's Door. From the moment I opened it on my ereader I was swept away into a beautifully crafted world. With deep ties to nature, and a distinct lack of complicated character names or races, this b ...more
Sift Book Reviews
Sep 16, 2011 Sift Book Reviews rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erica
Eon’s Door begins in the true spirit of epic fantasy with pages of world maps, character lists and descriptions. The story follows a myriad of characters and their role in finding the portal key that joins their old world with the new, both in current day and several millennia ago. It has a captivating storyline with a lovely surprise at the end; 4.5 stars out of 5.

See the in-depth review: http://www.siftreviews.com/2011/09/eo...

Review by: Erica of Sift Book Reviews
Sift Book Reviews received a f
Susan Krafcheck
Apr 05, 2014 Susan Krafcheck rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-won
Eon's door is a fantastical adventure story facing good versus evil, fanciful creatures, 2 very different worlds. I found myself immersed with the story line that had deep ties into nature. The tie-in to Bobby's world and Miann's world is so different. I think I would like Miann's world. The quietness of no modern day elements.
The characters were easy to relate to, as well as what they stood for. It saddened me the demise of Oris, by the talon of his own feather.
I will say that initially I was
Literary
Apr 14, 2013 Literary rated it did not like it
Kathy's Review:

You know how in the Song of Ice and Fire series, there's an appendix in the back that lists all the Houses and the people who belong to each house? And half the time you read those names and you think, who the heck is that?!?

Eon's Door begins with a roster of all the groups of real and fantasy people. My initial thought: uh-oh. I'm never going to remember all of this.

The writing here is solid, but as I suspected, I quickly became lost in the story as I struggled to remember who wa
Ronald
Nov 04, 2012 Ronald rated it liked it
When I started reading this book, i was not sure what to expect, as I did not know the author at that time.

I was pleasantly surprised. The style of writing is engaging, and I wanted to finish once started. At the beginning I was not sure in what kind of world to place the book, some references to North American Indian culture, but also some presence of other cultures as well. I was completely taken by surprise when I learned where the 'ancients' came from, and from that point the book moved to a
Justyn Simon
Dec 22, 2013 Justyn Simon rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: people who like books about adventure, alternative worlds or magic
Shelves: adventure, magic, wolf
This was a very interesting story full of twists and turns. Basically it's one of those stories where someone from our world is taken to another world full of magic. Miann is this elf who came to take with him , a bird and Bobby's friend Scotty come a long also with a giant wolf and eagle they meet on the other side , they go after the key that opened the door way between the worlds. Along the way they battle against the creatures altered by the key because of the villain who wants to kill them
Erin
Mar 11, 2012 Erin rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Decent fantasy, but every time I got in to a storyline, the book would jump to another time period or place or POV. And it had the feel of some kind of epic adventure, yet the adventuring part always seemed to happen rather quickly. Names were also a little hard to keep track of for the first quarter of the book.

It was good, it just felt like it need a little more polish--tightening in some areas, expansion in others. All in all, not a bad first reads book, just not five stars.
mirba
Sep 22, 2015 mirba rated it did not like it
Shelves: dropped, one-star
Didn't go far enough into the book to know anything about it, just that I cannot cope with all the pages and pages of info drops and stupid dialogues (with info drops) in the first 5% of the book. I'm not engaged, I'm jumping lines and skipping paragraphs. That's not how I want to feel while reading.

Scrolling a little bit farther in the book I see that the writing style is more or less the same.
Penny
Aug 04, 2012 Penny rated it liked it
Interesting...different! Two parallel worlds, one human and the other not!!
Mary Sue Newson
Dec 19, 2015 Mary Sue Newson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rating

This book is Great! It has everything to keep a reader wanting for more!, adventure, peril, friendship and the epic battle of good against evil! Thank you to the author!!!!!
DavidO
Jan 31, 2013 DavidO rated it it was ok
Shelves: couldn-t-finish
The setting was interesting enough, but the story was a bit jumpy. At a few places it was interesting at other places it seemed a bit average. There's nothing particularly wrong with it, but it sadly wasn't something that was worth my time to read when there's so many other books.
Donia
Donia marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2016
Ritesh Stars
Ritesh Stars marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2016
Kelly Mcmullin
Kelly Mcmullin marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2016
Trixi Virtucucio
Trixi Virtucucio rated it liked it
Jul 14, 2016
BC
BC rated it it was amazing
Jul 12, 2016
Mike Heyd
Mike Heyd rated it liked it
Jul 08, 2016
Ingvild
Ingvild marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2016
Josiah Whitesell
Josiah Whitesell marked it as to-read
May 21, 2016
Zachary
Zachary rated it it was amazing
Mar 14, 2016
Jaiganesh Muthunalla
Jaiganesh Muthunalla marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2016
L.R. Ballard
L.R. Ballard marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2016
Matt Pepple
Matt Pepple marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2016
PJ
PJ marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2016
Rebeca
Rebeca marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2016
Chris Brooks
Chris Brooks marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2016
Anthony Ambrosio
Anthony Ambrosio rated it really liked it
Jan 30, 2016
Annie
Annie marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2016
  • Amulet (DragonBlade #1)
  • King's Envoy (Artesans of Albia, #1)
  • A Dragon's Awakening (The Chronicles of Kale, #1)
  • Teller (Volume 1)
  • Akasha (Akasha, #1)
  • Raven's Heart: A Tale from the World of Secramore
  • The Riddler's Gift (Tales of the Lifesong, #1)
  • Regression
  • Emerald (World of Samar, #1)
  • Traphis: A Wizard's Tale
  • The Door to Canellin (Gatehouse #1)
  • Farro
  • Scream Angel
  • The Prophecy (Bakkian Chronicles, #1)
  • Swirls (Outsiders #1)
  • The Mumbo Jumbo Circus (Mumbo Jumbo Circus, #1)
  • Before Roe v. Wade: Voices that Shaped the Abortion Debate Before the Supreme Court's Ruling
  • Night Birds' Reign (Dreamer's Cycle, #1)
For EON'S DOOR, J.G. (John) McKenney received the 2012 Reader Views Reviewers Choice Award, and was also a finalist for the Eric Hoffer Award. John's fascination with fantasy and adventure began at a young age when he discovered works like THE HOBBIT and THE CALL OF THE WILD. That early love of reading has matured into a need to tell stories that transport readers into worlds full of wonder and en ...more
More about J.G. McKenney...