Start by marking “No One in the World” as Want to Read:
No One in the World

No One in the World

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  466 ratings  ·  70 reviews
The untimely passing of the beloved New York Times bestselling author E. Lynn Harris has left fans pining for more. With this collaboration, fans are given the book they've been clamoring to read—and the book that Harris and Essence bestselling author R. M. Johnson long wanted to write.

Cobi Winslow, a handsome, well-educated district attorney, knows nothing about the life
Audio CD, 0 pages
Published August 1st 2011 by Tantor Media (first published June 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about No One in the World, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No One in the World

Toni
Cobi Winslow is a district attorney and one of the heirs to the successful Winslow Products hair care empire. His decision not to go into the family business coupled with his sexuality has always been a sore spot in the relationship with his father. Right before his parents are killed in a car crash, Cobi, who is adopted, learns that he has a twin brother he never knew about. He now is compelled to search for him. To make matters worse, his father's will states that Cobi will receive shares in t ...more
Anna
Jessica Terry
It was a few months ago when I first started reading this book, and just a few minutes ago when I finished it. After I read the part in the beginning about what happened to the man and his son on the street, I seriously considered putting it down and leaving it there. While I (sadly) know things like that happens, whenever I hear about or read something like that I can't help but think about my son. And that kind of kills my desire to continue reading something that would bring me such thoughts. ...more
Tracy Jones
This book was exactly what I was expecting and hoping for. E. Lynn Harris was an amazing writer and I am extremely thrilled to have had this opportunity to read what may have been his very last work. RM Johnson is also a very talented writer and thanks to his endearing friendship with E. Lynn Harris, another wonderful book has been born. For anyone who is familiar with Harris' books, you will find that this one too will thrill you as much as all of his other books. RM Johnson has definitely prov ...more
Antoinette
Just okay. Was very predictable. Not the usual E. Lynn Harris book that I'm used to. However, my standards for his books may be a bit high. I do realize that this was a collaboration.

One pet peeve of mine is when there are several characters with similar or same names. There were two Austins in this story--one male, one female. Perhaps the print version specifies a difference. However, on the audio version, the narrator pronounced them both the same. That annoyed me.

Can't win them all...
Janette Ramos
I was very hesitant about reading this book. First I have a thing about reading collaborations. I feel sometimes a famous author will lend their name to a book to bring out another author which is cool, but the effort is not there. The second issue is that I have a problem with work of a artist being released after their passing. I was convinced that for these reasons that this book would be worse that Michael Jackson's album Xcape. I read it anyway. I take back both theories.

This book was amazi
Tammy
This book was a very well written page turner by both E. Lynn Harris and RM Johnson. I very much enjoyed the plot and the characters were well developed. Reading this book made me sad because I know that E. Lynn Harris is no longer alive, and we will no longer be able to enjoy his works. I am grateful that I will continue to have the works of RM Johnson to keep me entertained. This book is about twin brothers seperated at birth and a chance encounter that tested the bonds of brotherhood.
Wanda
This was an entertaining read, but not as thrilling or edge-of-your-seat as a true E. Lynn Harris novel. The ending was hurried along, and the book would have definitely benefited from a prolouge. I really want to know how Teresa and Blac's sister and nephew handled things and whether a certain character actually does go to prison for a crime he didn't commit (don't want to give too much away!). I could even see a sequel to this book because so much was left unfinished at the end.
Bella
This book was shit. The ending was horrible. I am sad this is the last book Ill read that E lynn was apart of. He write complete books though and this was not complete. The point of the book was never even answered which I thought was saving the family company. I have never seen such a character like sissy that never changed throughout the entire book in an E Lynn book. She lacked depth. The end of this book left me filling unfulfilled.
Tonie
First I need to say the book left me hanging. No good book should leave a reader with so many questions. The story built up but then ended left me wondering about the company and all the characters. A epilogue would have helped wrap things up and probably answered those questions.
Amanda King
Let me first start off by saying I completely love and adore E. Lynn Harris & hopes he rest in peace! Unfortunately, I did not start really reading his books until after his death but he has definitely left his mark as an accomplished author! With that being said, as usual, I LOVED THIS BOOK! There were just a couple of down times but this book was a true “E. Lynn Harris” book! My favorite characters were definitely Cobi, Eric & Sissy! Cobi was like many of us: wanting to be loved, const ...more
Johnnayea Edmond
This book seemed pretty unrealistic to me. The decisions made by the brothers were reckless and life changing. Although I believe people can and do choose paths that may alter their lives in a negative fashion to protect or help another loved one, I find it hard to believe that the brothers, whom up to a short while ago did not even know each other existed, would have a bond that strong. Now, I'm not a twin so there may be something about that experience that I don't understand because I can't f ...more
♤♡♢♧
WAS ****, until the crappy ending :-/ You can tell its unfinished.
Shelly Trotter
Awesome last book by a great Writer you are truly missed.
Diane Lund
Publiceret 7. juni 2011 (engelsk)

Efter Download af en håndfuld 'short stories' af Joshau Scribner har Amazon fået den opfattelse, at jeg er vild med horror. Det er jeg ikke, slet ikke, så da der dumpede et nyhedsbrev ind, med nyudgivelser browsede jeg grådig listen igennem. På den måde blev "No one in the world", den første bog jeg købte, betalte for, på amazon.

2 tvillingebrødre mødes efter at have været adskildt i over 30 år. Den ene, opvokset hos sine rige, succesfulde adoptivforældre, er høj
Deni Aria
E. Lynn Harris is one of my favorite Afro-American authors that has been always accompanying me to understand the life of being black in graceful way.

All of his novels is always superbly fascinating, from the hardest life of ghetto to the extraordinarily success life of black climbing on the top with one uniquely peppered by the life of LGBT life. I could have have imagining that being Black is hard enough in this racist country let alone Being Gay might be an enduring curse for this group of pe
Bending The Bookshelf
This is a serious, rather literary tale that takes a concept that seems destined for a raunchy comedy, and plays it straight (so to speak).

Drama is heaped upon drama here, with enough stories to fill several novels. First, we have the drama of a gay man rejected by his father. Second, we have the death-bed discovery of a long-lost twin brother. Third, we have the convoluted family last-will-and-testament that requires a traditional marriage in order to inherit. Fourth, we have a career-driven s
Carolyn Li'jay
this book was awesome. i wasn't sure if it was going to be good when i picked it up being as it was primarily based on a gay mans life but i know e. lynn is a awesonr writer so i had to at least check it out from page one it was breathtaking and straight to the point which i just love! i wished they would have closed the ending a little better explaining what happened in everyone's lives but it was a awesome story. well done
Kristofer Clarke
Like most of the E. Lynn Harris novels I've read, No One In The World did not fail to keep my attention or my interest, especially since I was curious to see how this one would end. Co-written by RM Johnson, this novel maintained the topics we have come to love and expect by E. Lynn Harris: betrayal, secrets, family crisis. At the same time, RM introduces a criminal element we don't usually see. Still, I enjoyed the marriage of the two. These worlds collided to create one big mess, and i enjoyed ...more
renee cherry
No one in the world

Excellent...anything by e. lynn harris is excellent. His body of work is priceless and will live on into infinite! Love this book with it's sad but still happy ending.
Karen Rowe
This book was written by my two favorite authors.

It has a dramatic twist in the end that you do not expect.

Good reading.
Cece
E. Lynn Harris never disappoints! This is a story of a modern SPOILER ALERT Pauper & the Prince. One to enjoy!
Dana
I felt these characters to stereotypical and without depth. The story line was easily followed without any surprises!
Shakeisha Williams
Yes, this book was something completely differentfrom what Im used to reading, but it was sooo good! With so many twists and turns, one could not figure out how that would end. At times I wanted to curse out Eric child's mother, she was so wrong, and other times I was hoping that Eric wouldn't cross his brother and he proved me right. Cobi sister was a mess and a down right an ass. I am glad Cobi gave his brother that chance at life again. May God bless the angel whose hands had a part in this n ...more
Connie
i enjoyed listening to this book. where it part 2??
Jon O
I enjoyed reading this book although I thought it was unfair that the bed scenes between male and female were described in more details as compared to the bed scenes between the males. Hello? I thought this was supposed to be a book with gay plots?

Anyway, there is enough drama in the book to make Desperate Housewives series looked inferior. The unfortunate part is that there is little romance, if one could feel any, in this book.

Still, I think it is worth the time spent on reading it.
Hope
(Actual rating 3.5)

I enjoyed the basic premise of this book - twin brothers separated at birth, one adopted by wealthy parents, the other raised in foster homes and forced to fend for himself - and it certainly held my attention. However, there were quite a few "loose ends" at the end of the book that were unresolved and left me with many questions...will these be resolved in a sequel by RM Johnson? Hmmm....only time will tell.
MS. KYM
Truly enjoy NO ONE IN THE WORLD!! Well-written collabo by two authors, whose literary works I have read, and enjoyed doing... The story line kept me playing the 'Guessing' game, like re: the Blac-mailing (hmmmm) How every thing was going to end, and I must admit I was surprised at the book's ending... I wanted more...

Unfortunately with the untimely passing of E. Lynn Harris (R.I.P), I wonder if R.M. Johnson will write a sequel...
Natasha
I enjoyed the story of long lost twins reuniting and building a bond so quickly and dealing with such rough circumstances all the while. It was a true story of blood is thicker than water and even though they had their slip-ups and reservations at times they still had each others' backs in the long run. It kind of ended too abruptly for my tastes but overall I thought it was a good read.
Jarrod Scarbrough
Mixed feelings about this one. Not as good as other Harris novels, it still had a great bit of drama. I really liked the characters although some of the emotion portrayed felt forced. My main issue was the graphic depiction of straight sex while whitewashing the gay sex scenes, a major pet peeve of mine. Overall it was a nice story, glad I gave it a chance.
The ending fell flat 2 4 Aug 31, 2013 11:53AM
  • Visible Lives: A Tribute To E. Lynn Harris
  • Up To No Good
  • The Million Dollar Deception
  • Too Little, Too Late
  • Money Never Sleeps: A Millionaire Wives Club Novel
  • Red Light Special
  • Love, Honor, and Betray (Reverend Curtis Black, #8)
  • All Up In My Business
  • Sisters & Husbands
  • The Stalker Chronicles
  • Mogul
E. Lynn Harris was born in Flint, Michigan and raised, along with three sisters, in Little Rock, Arkansas. He attended the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville where he was the school's first black yearbook editor, the first black male Razorbacks cheerleader, and the president of his fraternity. He graduated with honors with a degree in journalism.

Harris sold computers for IBM, Hewlett-Packard,
More about E. Lynn Harris...
Just As I Am Any Way the Wind Blows A Love of My Own Invisible Life And This Too Shall Pass