Start by marking “The Three Billy Goats Fluff” as Want to Read:
The Three Billy Goats Fluff

The Three Billy Goats Fluff

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating Details  ·  179 Ratings  ·  41 Reviews
Trip-trap! Trip-trap! How is Mr. Troll supposed to sleep when the three Billy Goats Fluff keep trip-trapping over his bridge? Twice a day, they loudly cross it to eat the lush green grass in the field by Mr. Troll's home. (The grass makes their fleeces extra fluffy, important for Mother Goat's knitting business.) But when Mr. Troll threatens to eat them, Mother Goat has a ...more
Published September 1st 2011 by Tiger Tales (first published September 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Three Billy Goats Fluff, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Three Billy Goats Fluff

Peggy Archer
Feb 11, 2015 Peggy Archer rated it it was amazing
THE THREE BILLY GOATS FLUFF, by Rachael Mortimer, illustrated by Liz Pichon (picture book)

Opening line: “Trip-trap. Trip-trap. How was he supposed to sleep?” The story plays on the well-know tale of the Three Billy Goats Gruff. The problem: Mr. Troll can’t sleep with the goat children trip-trapping across his bridge all the time. Read the book to find out how the goat family helps to solve the problem, and becomes friends with Mr. Troll. Scholastic 2010

This is a fun book with a great story lin
Cathy
Jul 13, 2013 Cathy rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s, edes-546
Mortimer, R. (2010). The Three Billy Goats Fluff. Toronto, ON: Scholastic, Inc.

Fluff plays the starring role in this modern adaptation of the timeless tale, The Three Billy Goats Gruff. The three Billy Goats still have trouble crossing Mr. Troll`s bridge, but it`s Mother Goat`s knitting skills that save the day in a pleasingly predicable way.

Distributed in softcover especially for the school market, Mortimer`s story nods at the sweet sing song rhythm found in the original text. Children who are
Kristi Bernard
Sep 20, 2011 Kristi Bernard rated it it was amazing
The three little billy goats are back! And so is the mean old green troll. The creaky old bridge that the troll lives under was supposed to be prime real estate for the old green troll. He was fooled! Instead his view is littered and his bridge is creaky with noisy goats tramping across. The fluffy goats are trying to make their way across the bridge to munch on the green grass on the other side. As the little goats report to Momma goat about the trolls threats to turn them into some of his favo ...more
Elizabeth
Nov 30, 2015 Elizabeth rated it it was amazing
This book is pure delight. The troll is not so scary as he usually is and how Mother Goat gets the billy goats fluff to be silent going across the bridge is pure genius!! Fun, fun!
Mandy
Jun 22, 2015 Mandy rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite new picture books for kids. The troll and the goats, in a classic favorite, get a perfect solution from the goats' knitting mom.
Neha Amin
Feb 09, 2014 Neha Amin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: numbers, animals
Review: AS one may be able to tell by my rating, I really like this story. It is too cute. I love the edition of the fluffy socks. It is the same story as the three billy goats gruff with a little twist.

Learning Experience: Two children will do this together. There will be a "wall" between them. One child will be given several everyday objects and he or she will make noise from it and the other child will have to guess what it is. This activity will help children focus, listen more attentively,
K.
Oct 12, 2014 K. rated it it was amazing
We absolutely loved this story. It's a great spin on the classic, The Three Billy Goats Gruff. Definitely, a family must-read.
Dayna Dueck
Jun 10, 2014 Dayna Dueck rated it it was amazing
I don't usually include picture books in my Goodreads collection but this is a good one -- on so many levels!
Lauren
Aug 20, 2015 Lauren rated it liked it
Libby was really not a fan of the troll, but I thought the story was fairly cute
Tilley
May 05, 2015 Tilley rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens-books
Much less scary than the version I remember as a child!
Genny Flett
This story is about three goats who are trying to cross the Troll's bridge to get to the green pastures so they can eat. However, the Troll gets sick of hearing them tip-tap over his bridge so he warns them that if they cross the bridge again, he will eat them. The three goats run home to their Mom and tell her what the Troll said. She decides to make a gift for the Troll, and in return the Troll lets the goats cross over his bridge so they can eat and get fluffy fur.

Great illustrations, good fo
Kelly
Mar 05, 2015 Kelly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
cute version of the classic.
Linda
Feb 18, 2014 Linda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A delightful children's picture book with great colourful illustrations. Great size for reading to 3 to 7 year olds. Would love to read it to a group and then let them act it out. A great take on a classic fairytale and I think more appeal to today's children.
Sandee
Nov 25, 2015 Sandee rated it really liked it
Shelves: weird-read
Cute illustrations, good way to teach peaceful resolution rather than violent retaliation. But it was a little weird. I think it is because I really love the original story. I do not like many staple children's literature when they are altered. But the book captured the 3-year old for 2/3 of the book before he checked out.

11-25-2015: I didn't realize we read this before. The babies, 4 and 6 liked the book better now that they are older.
Rebecca
Jan 16, 2014 Rebecca rated it liked it
Shelves: storytime
very cute book to pair with the traditional Three Billy Goats gruff story
Anna
Jun 02, 2013 Anna rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens
Loved this modern take on the class billy goat gruff tale--with a grumpy troll who can't sleep because of all the traffic on his bridge. Mother Goat comes up with an ingenious solution.

A great story with new lessons of kindness and generosity along with a healthy dose of humor.

Fun!

Read with 5 year old great nephew at bedtime.
Heidi
Oct 01, 2011 Heidi rated it liked it
Well, I like the story overall and the twist at the end. I'm a little off with the telling of the story. And a bit questioning on those goats (since I thought the youngest was a girl, but he's not). It wasn't fabulous for me, but I'm sure some kids will enjoy the fluffiness, the happy ending for all, and the fluffy pictures.
jacky
Jan 13, 2013 jacky rated it really liked it
A very G rated retelling of The Three Billy Goats Gruff. It has a cute solution to problem at the end using the information presented in the earlier. Nice colorful illustrations. Natalie was a little worried it was going to get scary when the troll got angry, but that is right when the mother goat stepped in.
Gloria Jones
Nov 12, 2013 Gloria Jones rated it it was amazing
Oh wow saw this in my teachers (Jane Hyche) office and thought it would be a good book to read, and it was it had a cute little twist with slippers and ear muffs for consideration, even my sons liked this book a definite must read.

have a discussion withe children about problem solving and sharing.
Jill
Mar 03, 2013 Jill rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children, picture
This adorable book was a favorite in our house for the entire duration that we had it from the library. The kids love the softer twist on this tale - a poor grumpy troll who just can't get a good night's sleep! And those sweet fluffy goats with their cute booties that mama knit for them.
Paula
A little different approach to the well known folktale. There is a mother goat in this story that makes a lot of things with the fluffy wool from the goats. So she finds a solution to the problem with the troll who cannot sleep because of the goats crossing the bridge.
Sheri
Jun 02, 2012 Sheri rated it really liked it
Cute version of the three billy goats gruff with the mother goat knitting booties and blankets of the goats wool fluff. Interesting colorful pictures and when I read it aloud to third graders they loved it. New ending with the Troll being pacified and happy.
Amy
Jan 27, 2014 Amy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My son brought this home from school to have read to him. The fairy tale story of old has been changed into this story of rhyme. It's well written and has kept the bones of the original. Nice short story of few lines per page and lovely drawings.
Christina
Aug 26, 2013 Christina rated it really liked it
This book is about the great compromise. Coming to an agreement between the goats and the troll was a difficulty decision until they finally came to an agreement to be quiet and the troll would quit being mean. Great book for kids and compromising!
Samantha
Sep 15, 2011 Samantha rated it really liked it
A really cute twist on an old fairytale. In this story, the troll is bothered by how noisy the three goats are and their mother dreams up a clever solution: booties! This would be a great read aloud!
Alicia
Sep 20, 2013 Alicia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a fun twist on the original story. I very much enjoyed reading this aloud to my Friday story time kids at the library. They very much enjoyed the story and the bright pictures.
Cecilia
Aug 16, 2013 Cecilia rated it liked it
A softer version of the tale from the troll's perspective. I did think this story was super cute, but I still much preferred the original tale of the Billy Goats Gruff.
Elizabeth
Nov 21, 2011 Elizabeth rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-book
Cute twist on old story. Good for assignments where teachers require "fracture" version of story. Best if reader know original story before reading this one.
Heather
Aug 27, 2013 Heather rated it really liked it
A cute little story with a surprising ending. My daughter particularly liked this one and insisted the goats were girls. Worth a read.
Rody
Sep 15, 2012 Rody rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids-bookshelf
Cozy, cute and focused on finding solutions and treating everyone with respect (even if they're a troll). Good preschool bedtime story.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • The Three Little Fish And The Big Bad Shark
  • Goldilocks and Just One Bear
  • The Three Horrid Little Pigs
  • The Underpants Zoo
  • You're Finally Here!
  • Waking Beauty
  • Somebody And The Three Blairs
  • How Do You Hug a Porcupine?
  • Detective Blue