Start by marking “Walking with Justice: Uncommon Lessons from One of Life's Greatest Mentors” as Want to Read:
Walking with Justice: Uncommon Lessons from One of Life's Greatest Mentors

Walking with Justice: Uncommon Lessons from One of Life's Greatest Mentors

Judge’s life stands as a reminder that each day we write our eulogy. We continue shaping our legacy until our final day. It is the choices we make in the little things, when no one is watching, that set our course. We can choose good or evil, love or hatred, generosity or selfishness.
Fresh out of law school, Mollie Marti moved across the country to clerk for Judge Max Ros
Published January 11th 2012 by Greenleaf Book Group (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Walking with Justice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Walking with Justice

Barry Frangipane
Feb 16, 2012 Barry Frangipane rated it it was amazing
In this story of her mentor, Dr Mollie Marti masterfully weaves lessons for a fulfilling life. The reader, thinking he or she is enjoying a relaxing story about someone who shaped the author's life, suddenly realizes the story isn't about the judge at all - it's about all of us, and what we could become. This book is a great read that will stay with you for a lifetime.

Early in the first chapter, I found myself grabbing a pen, to scribe one of the memorable quotes to place by my desk as a source
Jeannie Walker
Sep 04, 2012 Jeannie Walker rated it it was amazing
Judge Max Rosenn was among the very few who taught what it is like to be a just and compassionate human being. He was patient, kind, meticulous and always ready to listen with an open heart and a sharp mind filled with wisdom. He was a Judge, a teacher, a diplomat who respected his position of power as a public servant.

He was also a family man and a mentor who inspired others with great admiration. His student shares him in a way that the reader will never forget. If you’re like me, by the end
Donna Parker
Aug 21, 2012 Donna Parker rated it really liked it
I’ve always believed things happen for a reason, good or bad. When I won the book, Walking With Justice from the Goodreads First Reads program I thought it will be a nice read by someone who feels like their mentor was amazing and maybe a lot about the law. Instead I read a book that made me want to be a better person. Dr. Marti gives Judge Max Rosenn to us, lifts him from the pages of a book and makes you feel his goodness, his honour, his compassion, his honesty, and his justice. It flows thro ...more
Caroline Cameron
Sep 17, 2012 Caroline Cameron rated it it was amazing
Judge Rosenn was clearly a remarkable man whose legacy lives on in all who knew him. Thanks to Mollie Martie, many many more of us will benefit from his wisdom, philosophy and teachings. This book is as much a tribute to its author as its subject. Beautifully written, it's a wonderful example of the Buddhist Proverb, "When the student is ready, the master appears."

Walking with Justice challenges each of us to step up and put whatever pieces of Judge's wisdom inspire us into action to live our b
Paula  Phillips
Mar 04, 2012 Paula Phillips rated it liked it
When I first saw the title of this book , I thought hmmm it's going to be another memoir about somebody's life and to do with the trials and tribulations that they have been through, maybe something to do with getting justice etc. However, Walking with Justice did have a theme of that running through as it tells us about Dr.Molli Marti and her experience with working in the Justice field but what stood this book out from the rest was that it contained words of advice , lessons that we can all at ...more
Jul 09, 2012 Nahree rated it liked it
Jun 24, 2012 Waven rated it liked it
This book is a sweet memorial to an uncommon man who shaped people, places, laws, and lives. Justice Max Rosenn entered law during the Great Depression and rose to the position of federal judge in the 3rd Circuit Court of Appeals, where he offered competent and practical decisions and opinions until age 96. The author breaks Rosenn's long and admirable life into quick, manageable glimpses through a frame of memories and experiences, each chapter headed by part of Rosenn's eulogy and ended with a ...more
Jen Rothmeyer
Dec 16, 2013 Jen Rothmeyer rated it really liked it
Earlier today I hopped onto my new treadmill with my Kindle in hand. I needed to get in some exercise, but I also needed to finish Dr. Mollie Marti’s book Walking with Justice. After a few moments, it hit me (Walking with Justice) and I got a chuckle. It was a much needed chuckle because the thoughts Dr. Mollie were provoking as she discussed her mentor, Judge Max Rosenn, were intense.

Walking with Justice is a book describing Judge Rosenn’s philosophy on life, how he lived his life, and those he
Felicia Slattery
Jan 06, 2012 Felicia Slattery rated it it was amazing
I have to say, I envy Dr. Mollie Marti. She was lucky enough to have one of greatest mentors that anyone could have, Justice Max Rosen. If you don't know Justice Rosen, you will feel like you do after you read this book, in which Dr. Mollie shares the lessons she learned from this remarkable man. As I read, I found myself smiling and nodding, recognizing the wisdome of Judge Rosen and ways that I could apply his lessons to my own life. In short, if you want more peace in your life, read "Walking ...more
Marty Wolff
May 06, 2013 Marty Wolff rated it it was amazing
I read this book sitting in a Barnes & Noble, right before meeting the author Dr. Mollie Marti. I smiled and cried in the coffee shop! This book will reach you at an emotional level. Dr. Marti is an incredible writer and the her subject is so authenic! This is an unusually powerful piece of work!
Jun 04, 2012 Mike rated it it was amazing
Was a good read aboutan awsome man. It is great to know that men like that who touch lives and inspire the best out of all he meet. I wish i would of had the pleasure of meeting such a man and in away i think i did through this book. good life lessons and it is easy to read.
Feb 16, 2013 Bob rated it it was amazing
An outstanding book for anyone who wants to become a better person ... Judge Rosen and the author teach us much through a wonderful story that was quite aptly called a blueprint for living. Great nourishment for your soul.
Diane Wilkes
Feb 04, 2012 Diane Wilkes rated it it was ok
This book needs more stories about Judge Rosenn; it is more adjectival that anecdotal. Disappointing.
Nooreen Himmatkhan
Nooreen Himmatkhan marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2016
Ryan Daley
Ryan Daley marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2016
Josh E
Josh E marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2016
Erika rated it it was amazing
Jan 01, 2016
Keiva marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2015
Victor Ganguly
Victor Ganguly marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2015
Bethany is currently reading it
Aug 06, 2015
Ben Jeremiah
Ben Jeremiah marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2015
Cole Watts
Cole Watts marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2015
Joy Vanwormer
Joy Vanwormer marked it as to-read
May 16, 2015
Hannah Lazar
Hannah Lazar marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2015
Kelley Taylor
Kelley Taylor marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Patrick marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2014
Camille marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
John rated it liked it
Jun 23, 2014
Andi Bobellan
Andi Bobellan marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2014
Adam marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Mollie Marti is a psychologist, lawyer, and adjunct professor of psychology at the University of Iowa. She speaks around the globe on leadership resilience, servant mentorship, life design, and business ethics.

Dr. Marti brings years of experience in peak performance coaching with a prestigious list of clients, including Olympians and business elites, to her work mentoring leaders to thrive and ser
More about Mollie Marti...

“With every choice you create the life you’ll live; with every decision you design it.” 16 likes