Start by marking “Jim Harold's Campfire: True Ghost Stories” as Want to Read:
Jim Harold's Campfire: True Ghost Stories

Jim Harold's Campfire: True Ghost Stories

"It's no surprise that Jim Harold's Campfire: True Ghost Stories is filled with regular folks spilling every detail of their ghostly encounters. Jim strips down the experience to the witness and the phenomenon in a way that makes you feel like the person who had the ghostly encounter is sitting across the campfire from you. A great read for those who love ghosts!"
--Jeff Be
Published September 15th 2011 by New Page Books (first published September 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Jim Harold's Campfire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jim Harold's Campfire

Rebecca McNutt
Jim Harold's Campfire is an iTunes radio show that has been going for several years, unique in that it is built by its many fans and listeners around the world who submit their (supposedly) true tales of monsters, mutants, haunts and boogeymen, and all things paranormal.

I don't know whether ghosts exist or not. Either way, what made this book one worth reading for me wasn't so much the paranormal content, as it was the history featured from where each story takes place. From hundred-year-old hou
Barbara Watkins
Oct 29, 2011 Barbara Watkins rated it it was amazing
Title: Jim Harold’s {Campfire True Ghost Stories}
Author: Jim Harold
Publisher: New Page Books
ISBN# 978-1601631947

“Turn the lights on – Check under the bed – Prepare yourself for several scary reads!”

Jim Harold’s, ‘Campfire True Ghost Stories,’ is a collection of stories linking – unimaginable terror, ghostly images, and paranormal phenomenon with ordinary day people, such as most of us are. Who does not like a good ghost story? Combine supernatural phenomena with credible witnesses and you come u
Andrea Allison
Nov 20, 2011 Andrea Allison rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone
Recommended to Andrea by: Jim Harold
A familiar scenario for ghost stories is a group of people surrounding a campfire. The sun bows down to the moon to create the atmosphere for all that is scary. Jim Harold took stories of ghosts, monsters, and death and turned them in to a nice collection for an outdoor night of spooky fun.

Jim Harold is behind three of the top paranormal podcasts entitled The Paranormal Podcast, Jim Harold’s Campfire and The Paranormal Report. Many listeners graced his shows with their personal accounts. Jim Har
Kyle Philson
Mar 23, 2014 Kyle Philson rated it it was amazing
-Free review copy courtesy of New Page Books and Warwick Associates.
In my opinion there is nothing that beats the long time tradition of sitting around a campfire and sharing stories. This book is a collection of spooky, thrilling, mysterious and thought inspiring stories from his listeners. If you enjoy Jim's podcast then you will love this book. I enjoyed the variety from ghosts and monsters to aliens and time slips. I would recommend this book to anyone interested in the paranormal. Great job
Courtney Mroch
Jun 13, 2012 Courtney Mroch rated it it was amazing
Jim Harold has collected more than a bunch of true ghost (and other paranormal phenomenon) stories from his listeners. I see this book as a reference source, a way to find common denominators in the quest to understanding the explainable. I wasn't key about reading it at first (it was a promo copy), but once I saw it was a source of documentation, one to study, not merely enjoy...well, I really ended up enjoying it ad valuing it more than I expected.
Nancy Ellis
Oct 16, 2015 Nancy Ellis rated it liked it
The author does a podcast on the paranormal, and this is the first volume of a collection of paranormal experiences sent in by his followers. It is very entertaining and is just like sitting around a campfire telling ghost stories. Looking forward to reading the other volumes and also checking out his podcast.
lizzy
Oct 09, 2014 lizzy rated it liked it
I listen to Jim Harold's Campfire podcast, so was already familiar with the format and subject matter. Some of these are legitimately frightening, a lot of them are just kinda meh. It was a nice bathtub book, but nothing super spectacular by any means.
Rick
I just found this to be a really dull and boring book. The stories were so brief and they lacked any context or for that matter any element of fear to them. I could be reading a book on tax preparation and find it more interesting. Boring.
Robby Bradbury
May 12, 2012 Robby Bradbury rated it it was amazing
Some great stories all told by his listeners. You could not ask for more. I was actually on his show telling a story of my own. Maybe I will be in book two.
Christopher Lamb
Jan 30, 2012 Christopher Lamb rated it really liked it
It's a good book. It's a collection of short stories each of which is only a few pages. Great for when you only have a few minutes to read or a couple hours.
Tanya
Tanya rated it did not like it
Oct 21, 2012
Shane Dougall
Shane Dougall rated it really liked it
Feb 05, 2016
Jill
Jul 03, 2013 Jill rated it liked it
paranormal/etc stories in people's own words....quick read, interesting.
Lauren O'halleron
Lauren O'halleron rated it really liked it
Jun 20, 2016
Amy
Amy rated it did not like it
Jun 01, 2012
Adrian
Adrian rated it really liked it
Jul 12, 2012
Dug Ii
Dug Ii rated it liked it
Dec 04, 2014
Commodore
Commodore rated it liked it
Jul 22, 2014
Jennifer Taylor
Jennifer Taylor rated it it was amazing
May 30, 2016
Snowy_Cat
Snowy_Cat rated it liked it
Dec 27, 2015
Kalila
Kalila rated it really liked it
Aug 17, 2014
Jason Blackburn
Jason Blackburn rated it it was ok
Aug 13, 2012
Bambi Shelley
Bambi Shelley rated it really liked it
Feb 24, 2016
Art
Art rated it liked it
Jun 02, 2013
Adam
Adam rated it liked it
Sep 01, 2013
LeAnn
LeAnn rated it it was amazing
Oct 15, 2012
Chessie
Chessie rated it liked it
Feb 14, 2013
Kenneth
Kenneth rated it it was ok
Jan 25, 2012
Jef Mongoose
Jef Mongoose rated it it was ok
Dec 30, 2012
Mellissa
Mellissa rated it liked it
Oct 16, 2014