Blank-133x176
The Winds of Winter

George R.R. Martin

The Winds of Winter (A Song of Ice and Fire #6)

4.32 of 5 stars 4.32  ·  rating details  ·  978 ratings  ·  181 reviews
The Winds of Winter is the forthcoming sixth novel in the epic fantasy series A Song of Ice and Fire by George R. R. Martin.

The previous installment, A Dance with Dragons, covered less story than Martin intended, omitting at least one planned large battle sequence and leaving several character threads ending in cliffhangers. Martin intends to resolve these cliffhangers "ve...more
Hardcover
Published by HarperVoyager

The Winds of Winter by George R.R. MartinThe Seeker by Stephenie MeyerDoors of Stone by Patrick RothfussThe Soul by Stephenie MeyerA Dream of Spring by George R.R. Martin
Hurry Up and Release It!!!
1st out of 337 books — 4,607 voters
Doors of Stone by Patrick RothfussWords of Radiance by Brandon SandersonThe Winds of Winter by George R.R. MartinThe Broken Eye by Brent WeeksThe Thorn of Emberlain by Scott Lynch
Can't Wait Sci-Fi/Fantasy of 2014
3rd out of 415 books — 2,184 voters

More lists with this book...

Jessi
Bwahahaha
Photobucket
mark monday
Apr 19, 2012 mark monday marked it as to-read
Shelves: fantastickal
karen
May 17, 2014 karen marked it as reviewed-for-fun
i have no real information about what is going to happen in this book, but i think it's gonna go a little something like this:

photo DSC09742_zps7c177859.jpg

BOOM!!
Kristina
Mar 17, 2014 Kristina marked it as waiting-for
EDIT: Mar 17, 2014
(previously posted in the comments)

I would like to interject on all the people complaining about George R.R. Martin's writing process on this "review" of mine...

I would like to clarify that my "review" was not made in the spirit of complaining about Mr. Martin, but rather just a comment that I am not going to sit around and stress (and/or complain) about when it is going to come out. I have enjoyed what he has written thus far. I will be excited to read this book when it comes...more
Triv S.
Jun 09, 2012 Triv S. marked it as to-read
Marina
Jul 22, 2012 Marina marked it as to-read
I NEED YOU LIKE I NEVER NEEDED ANYTHING BEFORE
Valerina
Dec 04, 2013 Valerina marked it as to-read
I just finished A Dance with Dragons. It is the hour of the wolf and I can't sleep. The end of this book is absoultely amazing, and leaves me with the absurd need of hugging you and slapping you at the same time, George Really Ruthless Martin.
You are my many-faced God.
Anne
Jan 13, 2014 Anne marked it as to-read
EDIT: November 9th. 2012.

Finished A Dance With Dragons last night.

description

Three more years till I can even start anticipating the next one.

George R. R. Martin, please write like the wind.

Check out Nymeria's comment below, "Write like the Wind". LMAO.

---x---x---x---

"Expected publication 2015"?

*narrows eyes*

Words are wind, Ser George, words are wind.
♥~♥Geri is Mrs. Charlie Hunnam ♥~♥

Don't do this to me, George.

Alberto Lecompte
Nov 29, 2012 Alberto Lecompte marked it as to-read
If GRRM dies before finishing the series,i will perform blood magic and bring him back by sacrificing the life of justin bieber and\or other disgusting person
Kristina Mullins
Jessie
Sep 27, 2012 Jessie marked it as to-read
I have this plan that when this comes out in 2015 I'm going to drop my child (by then, age 4) off at grandma and grandpa's house, get myself a hotel room, and do nothing but read this for 3 days straight.
Neha
Jul 04, 2013 Neha marked it as to-read
description

2015 ???!!! Are you kidding me ?

At this rate the timing of the last book A Dream of Spring coming out may perhaps be beaten by a freaking apocalypse already

this needs patience... lots of it and not to mention booze to keep the fandom going

Jessie R
Dec 04, 2013 Jessie R marked it as to-read
****Spoiler*****
WINTER IS COMING!

But I don't know if that will help this book come any faster...!
I don't exactly know how Jon Snow will be faring--six or so years after receiving those nasty stab wounds..

So you better hurry up and release the next two books, else we all die of the greyscale plague of impatience!!!

Reek.. Reek..
It rhymes with.. HURRY THE F@#k UP!!!

That is all.

My review for 'A Dance With Dragons:'
Madeleine
Jun 06, 2012 Madeleine marked it as to-read
Shelves: immagetchoo
It took a nearly fatal run-in with a van for Stephen King to finally guide "The Dark Tower" series to its decades-awaited conclusion. What kind of violent sign from the universe will it take to nudge George R. R. Martin toward the "Song of Ice and Fire" finish line?
Kate
Dec 28, 2012 Kate marked it as to-read
Do you think that it would harm George R.R. Martin's creative process if we forcibly locked him in a plastic bubble to keep him healthy and germ free until books 6 and 7 are complete?
Sherri
After Roger Zelazny and Robert Jordan, my prediction is that GRRM will write book 6, get halfway through book 7 and then come down with some rare, instantaneously fatal disease that leaves us all once again lost and forlorn and unsatisfied. It seems to be a pattern. From now on, any author who writes a series longer than 3 books I'm going to request their medical records before I read the books.

Still, looking forward to the next installment even if I AM chewing my nails to the quick over the nex...more
Junkie for the Written Word
2015 HAHA

Oh, book #6, I see your expected publication date and I laugh. I drink whisky and I laugh and laugh and laugh.

Then I cry.
Litchick (is stuck in the 19th century)
LEAVE THE MAN ALONE, PEOPLE!

Eugenia
May 28, 2012 Eugenia marked it as to-read
Please....for the love of everything that is holy.....release this book before the year 2020. Sheesh! This series is so damn good. Winter is coming.....so hurry up!
Weyling
Oct 28, 2013 Weyling marked it as to-read
October 13, 2013

Omg this is the cover? I don't know but I like it.

Now let's wait again...

July 23, 2013:

¿2015? ¿Es en serio?

Xan
Mar 18, 2012 Xan marked it as to-read
I hope that this book will be better than the previous one (Dance with Dragons)... something like "A storm of Swords".
Beth
Mar 29, 2012 Beth marked it as to-read
Shelves: fantasy
Dear Ser George R.R. Martin of Santa Fe,

Please take as long as you need to finish this book and start on the next one. Medical science is making advances every day in curing disease and prolonging life. Make this this installment of ASOIAF the best yet. Because if you rush through and it sucks, I will be heading up the line to make sure you spend an eternity in each of the Seven Hells and then I'll let the Hound deal with whatever is left of you. Or maybe I'll just let you room with Joffrey at t...more
Janina
Oct 26, 2012 Janina marked it as to-read
GRRM, please finish the 6th and 7th book and please be always healthy. Just like what I told my friends on Facebook, I'll pray to the old gods and the new that you'll finish them... quickly.
Tabitha Oswalt
Mar 13, 2013 Tabitha Oswalt marked it as to-read
Please, for the love of the Seven, finish the next book!! I must know what happens next! Don't leave Jon Snow where you left him!!! I can't wait until 2015!!! Are you nuts!!!!! Write like the wind man!!!!

。・°°・(>_<)・°°・。
Caleb Cruse
Apr 17, 2013 Caleb Cruse marked it as to-read
George R.R. Martin better write this thing quick. After waiting 6 years for "A Dance with Dragons," and then it ending on such a huge cliffhanger; I don't think we fans can take the emotional tole of waiting till 2015 to read "Winds of Winter."
Dan Schwent
May 03, 2013 Dan Schwent marked it as will-preorder-when-i-can
Can't wait to jump into my flying car to ride down to the mailbox to get this
Brian S.
Aug 04, 2013 Brian S. marked it as to-read
All I can say is GRRM is not a young man. It would also appear that he does not watch his diet all that well. All I can say is if he doesn't finish this series before he dies I'm going to be mad as hell! Quit going to all the Medieval Fairs put down those damn Turkey legs and get these books finished. We are waiting Mr. Martin.....
Nymeria
Oct 22, 2012 Nymeria marked it as wishlist
Shelves: asoiaf, fantasy, i-need-it
A video is worth a thousand words!
Write Like the Wind
Rebecca ♥ Kishan & Warner ♥
I am confused about the blurb. Since when?! Is this accidentally the summary for #7 or did I seriously miss something?
Valar Morghulis--...: The Winds of Winter - Sample Chapters & Previews 29 6709 Aug 20, 2014 11:57AM
new information about release date 13 473 Aug 04, 2014 02:55AM
2015?! wtf!! 7 496 Jul 07, 2014 07:37AM
Waiting for HBO? 2 85 Jun 06, 2014 11:42AM
513 ratings?! 5 115 Jun 06, 2014 11:31AM
Is this book out yet? Have people read it? 4 76 Jan 24, 2014 05:45PM
A Song of Ice &am...: Excited for Book 6? 20 168 Aug 20, 2013 06:00AM
  • The Skull Throne (Demon Cycle, #4)
  • Skybreaker (The Stormlight Archive, #3)
  • The Thorn of Emberlain (Gentleman Bastard, #4)
  • The Broken Eye (Lightbringer, #3)
  • The Widow's House (The Dagger and the Coin, #4)
  • Tower Lord (Raven's Shadow, #2)
  • The Slow Regard of Silent Things
  • The Providence of Fire (Chronicle of the Unhewn Throne, #2)
George R. R. Martin was born September 20, 1948, in Bayonne, New Jersey. His father was Raymond Collins Martin, a longshoreman, and his mother was Margaret Brady Martin. He has two sisters, Darleen Martin Lapinski and Janet Martin Patten.

Martin attended Mary Jane Donohoe School and Marist High School. He began writing very young, selling monster stories to other neighborhood children for pennies,...more
More about George R.R. Martin...
A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1) A Clash of Kings (A Song of Ice and Fire, #2) A Storm of Swords (A Song of Ice and Fire, #3) A Feast for Crows (A Song of Ice and Fire, #4) A Dance with Dragons (A Song of Ice and Fire, #5)