Start by marking “Chicken Soup for the Soul: NASCAR: 101 Stories of Family, Fortitude, and Fast Cars” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Chicken Soup for the S...

Jack Canfield

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  121 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Fans will be inspired, surprised, and amused by these inside stories from the race track and pit. Drivers, their families, pit crews, and fans share their behind-the-scene stories to give readers a front row view of the sport.

Get behind the driver’s seat with these personal tales and anecdotes from inside the race track. Famous drivers and their families, pit cre
Published March 29th 2011 by Chicken Soup for the Soul (first published January 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Chicken Soup for the Soul, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chicken Soup for the Soul

Tim Matuszak
May 20, 2008 Tim Matuszak rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Nascar Lovers
NASCAR, National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing. Also known to many oblivious people as cars turning left. To me and many other people throughout this book its more than that, if it's having a love one risk their life for not just their job but for their passion, or your hero you watch on TV every Sunday going 180 mph inches away from another car it’s a passion, a life style. It's like any other sport, there are lovers and haters. Baseball, you throw a ball, hit a ball, catch it and run. ...more
Amy
I really enjoyed these short, inspirational stories. It was interesting to read about current and former NASCAR drivers and the inspirational moments in their lives. Some stories made me laugh and others brought tears to my eyes.
Kellyanne Lynch
This is a great collection of inspiring stories from the racing community.
Freda mans
Another great book from the Chicken Soup for the Soul series, and if you have been a reader of my blog for some time, you will know I have read a few of these.
I read these books when I need to be filled with inspiration, hope and even strength. Every time I need it, I read the stories and immediately feel a connection. Even a Nascar themed story can fill you with hope and leave you feeling good.
This is definitely a book I will pass on to the biggest Nascar fan I know, my mom.
Denise
My Son got this book for me for Christmas '03. I LOVED it!! There are stories told by the different popular drivers, some touch your heart, some made me laugh out loud (I was sitting in an airplane at the time), there are stories by Richard Petty, Darrell Waltrip, Tony Stewart, Jeff Gordon & Others. This book is for anyone who loves NASCAR, Or knows someone who loves NASCAR!!
Mariane
What can I say I'm a NASCAR fanatic, this reinforced my thoughts that the drivers and crew and higher-ups in the NASCAR world are just like you and me, they just like to race cars . . . just a bunch of good guys.
Roxann
I read this book a few years ago. Another of the Chicken Soup series that had lots of short stories that will get you to think and laugh.
Stos
Mar 19, 2007 Stos rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Mullets
Shelves: uhhh
I just wanted the public that this book does in fact exist. Not that I have anything against NASCAR- I just hate it when they turn left.
Kathie
Loved the stories. NASCAR really is just a big family. Planned my spring race trip while reading it as well!
Tracy
This is an uplifting book that well illustrates the others reasons why I am a member of the NASCAR community.
Andrew Whitaker
A nice collection of sweet short stories
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2015
Teena
Teena marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2015
Sylvia
Sylvia marked it as to-read
May 25, 2015
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
May 14, 2015
Ashley Murphy
Ashley Murphy marked it as to-read
May 13, 2015
Amy Mckinley
Amy Mckinley marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2015
Divina
Divina added it
Mar 16, 2015
Dee
Dee marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2015
Kai
Kai added it
Feb 04, 2015
  • Driver #8
  • On The Move (NASCAR, #6)
  • He Crashed Me So I Crashed Him Back: The True Story of the Year the King, Jaws, Earnhardt, and the Rest of NASCAR's Feudin', Fightin' Good Ol' Boys Put Stock Car Racing on the Map
  • Hadiah Terindah (Chicken Soup for the Soul Graphic Novel, #1)
  • Why Women Are Their Own Worst Enemies!
  • The Chariot Makers: Assembling the Perfect Formula 1 Car
  • Semi-Homemade Cooking
  • A NASCAR Holiday: Ladies, Start Your Engines...\'Tis the Silly Season\Unbreakable
  • The Difficult Child
  • Sex And The Single Witch
  • Dragonheart
  • Milky Way (Welcome to Tyler, #9)
  • Unleashed: Poems by Writers' Dogs
  • The Wardrobe Wakeup: Your Guide to Looking Fabulous at Any Age
  • No Bad Dogs: The Woodhouse Way
  • Watch Out for the Chicken Feet in Your Soup
  • Rush to Glory: Formula 1 Racing's Greatest Rivalry
  • Duck Dynasty:  Faith and Togetherness

Canfield received a BA in Chi
More about Jack Canfield...
Chicken Soup for the Soul The Success Principles: How to Get from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul II Chicken Soup for the Woman's Soul: 101 Stories to Open the Hearts and Rekindle the Spirits of Women