Start by marking “Millionaire's Last Stand (Small Town Scandals #1)” as Want to Read:
Millionaire's Last Stand (Small Town Scandals #1)

Millionaire's Last Stand (Small Town Scandals #1)

There are plenty of people in Serenade with motive to murder Teresa Donovan. But no one doubts that her estranged husband, Cole, killed her. No one except FBI profiler Jamie Crawford. Though their electrifying attraction threatens her objectivity, Jamie's unerring gut tells her the magnetic tycoon is innocent.Cole's disastrous marriage has shattered his trust. But in Jamie ...more
Published November 15th 2011 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Millionaire's Last Stand, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Millionaire's Last Stand

Auntee
Dec 02, 2011 Auntee rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of RS
This book and its follow-up (The Heartbreak Sheriff) make up the two part Small Town Scandals romantic suspense series. Be warned--if you're about to read this book, you're going to want to have The Heartbreak Sheriff close by and ready to go, because the mystery isn't solved in this book. Luckily I had both on hand or I would've gone crazy waiting to find out who the killer was!

In Millionaire's Last Stand, 34-year-old movie star handsome multi-millionaire real estate tycoon Cole Donovan is accu
Saly
Rating 3.5 stars
The heroine made it to the FBI from a trailer park childhood and now she's 32 truly dedicated to her career but feeling that she missed a lot of things. She comes to town during her leave to assist her friend Finn the Sheriff on a murder case and the prime suspect is the hero. Cole is a millionaire and the ex husband of the dead woman who was the most hated woman in town, because she was immoral, vicious and slutty. The hero just wants the nightmare of his marriage over, he fell
Susan
Nov 14, 2011 Susan rated it it was amazing
Excellent book. Fantastic suspense, really good heat between the two main characters. Jamie is very good at what she does, and she is very sure that Cole did not kill his ex-wife. Cole is adamant that he did not kill Teresa, but no one in town believes him. He has stayed separate from the townspeople, finding it easier to just stay away. His trust issues have him not wanting to believe Jamie when some things happen to call his story into question. The conclusion to the story is heart-pounnding, ...more
Patrice
Feb 11, 2012 Patrice rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013-books-read
Jamie Crawford is a FBI profiler. She was wondering what she was going to do on her vacation when her friend, Sherriff Patrick Finnegan, asks for a favor. It seems someone has murdered the estranged wife of the local millionaire real estate developer, Cole Donovan, in the picturesque town of Serenade. There is little to no clues for the Sherriff to follow and all the circumstantial evidence points to Cole Donovan.
When Cole and Jamie meet there is an instant attraction that they each try to de
Alison
I've never really understood the category romance phrase that bloggers bandy about. However, after reading this I think I 'get' it. This was very different from Elle Kennedy's other books that I have read, the sexy is dialled down and the romance is much more old school.

Cole is a multi-millionaire/billionaire who happens to live in a small town. He moved there when he married a local girl, Teresa. Unfortunately, she was a gold-digger who only wanted what Cole's money could give her - she wanted
Lia
Apr 04, 2013 Lia rated it it was ok
Shelves: category
Cathy Beckett
Aug 31, 2013 Cathy Beckett rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013-books-read
Just finished this fast paced romantic suspense by Elle Kennedy.

I loved her characters and the premise.

Self-made millionaire Cole Donovan is accused of his ex wife's murder. He didn't do it but nobody in the small town of Serenade believes him. Nobody except the FBI agent brought in to help investigate.

Jamie Crawford, FBI profiler, is asked by the local sheriff to come help him investigate a murder. The first thing she does is to go interrogate the suspect Cole Donovan. Little do they know is t
Eva
Aug 27, 2012 Eva rated it liked it

I would have probably given this book 4 stars if it hadn't been so predictable. I knew from almost the beginning who the "bad guy" was and that pretty much ruined it for me. It was well written and the characters will well developed. The plot was on the week side -- and I didn't feel much of the suspense or mystery that I expected.

Still a good read and I will continue on with the next book in the series.
Ashley Nelson
Mar 19, 2014 Ashley Nelson rated it really liked it
Well-crafted romantic suspense novel, I'm impressed for it being a Harlequin. I also enjoy this author. Really captures the best features and worst features of living in a small town. I felt bad for Cole that no one gave him any benefit of the doubt. Liked that Jamie came in with a more neutral attitude and could see through the prejudices to behave in a rational manner. You know, until they hook up. Ends satisfactorily as far as Cole is concerned, but the larger mystery carries over to book 2.
Tina Wright
Mar 11, 2016 Tina Wright rated it it was ok
I am a big fan of Elle Kennedy's writing, but this book was a total miss for me: The characters felt two-dimensional, and the love scenes were short and lackluster. Worst of all, this was a romantic suspense novel revolving around a murder, and the book ends with the murder still unsolved. For me, that breaks the contract with the reader. Evidently, the resolution comes in the next book in the series, which I won't be reading.
Joanie
Jan 04, 2015 Joanie rated it really liked it
Cole was accused of killing his ex-wife, Teresa. Jamie, an FBI employee, was called in by her friend who was in the local law enforement to help convict Cole. Tables were turned when Jamie's brake line was cut and then she was shot at and wounded. Could Cole ever trust another woman?
A quick, easy and enjoyable read.
GuisBell
Oct 23, 2016 GuisBell rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lo-normal
Bueno la historia estuvo mas o menos, aunque intrigaba mucho descubrir quien era el culpable según leías se perdía la emoción y bueno pues casi logre descubrir al sospechoso... ;) y el amor pues no lo sentí, fue como forzado, el misterio fue el ingrediente principal de la historia.
Gabba
Feb 10, 2016 Gabba rated it it was ok
Pasable, para un día que no tenes nada para leer. Un poquito de suspenso. Y acá tenemos otro que cabalgan a pelo. Mi Dior, espero que las lectoras no imiten a los protagonistas y tengan consciencia sobre las ETS.
Sara
Mar 12, 2016 Sara rated it it was ok
I love this author's New Adult books, so I thought I'd branch out to her grown-up books. This series is not nearly as strong. Stereotypical, shallow characters, thin plot lines with the whodunit obvious from early on.
Sharon Sherman
Nov 03, 2011 Sharon Sherman rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An interesting book telling of finding a killer in a small town that never had a murder.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Small-Town Scandals
Tracy
Nov 18, 2012 Tracy rated it really liked it
I really did like this feel good story but I kept asking myself.....Did she forget the FBI 101 class. Sooooo many mistakes! Anyway, I still liked it.
Elizabeth Gillott
Dec 19, 2015 Elizabeth Gillott rated it really liked it
A quick read. Good who done it.
Angela
6 November 2015: $1.99 on Kindle
Amy
Dec 10, 2011 Amy rated it liked it
Was slow to get into at first, but it picked up later. I like the surprises in this one. The end was completely unexpected, at least for me. Look forward to the next one in the series.
Sara Ester
Feb 07, 2016 Sara Ester rated it liked it
Es la típica historia de pueblo chico, infierno grande!!!!
Daniela
Daniela rated it liked it
Jun 10, 2016
Sarah Mizanin
Sarah Mizanin rated it it was amazing
Mar 12, 2015
RLA
RLA rated it liked it
May 31, 2012
Tini
Tini rated it liked it
Apr 03, 2014
Mariana
Mariana rated it it was amazing
Jan 27, 2015
Maricela
Maricela rated it really liked it
Dec 29, 2013
Taylor
Taylor rated it liked it
Aug 30, 2014
Tracy Cox
Tracy Cox rated it liked it
Mar 07, 2015
Lolipuchi
Lolipuchi rated it it was ok
Aug 18, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Tempted by His Target
  • His Duty to Protect (Morgan's Mercenaries #34)
  • Tool Belt Defender
  • Sex, Lies and Mistletoe (Undercover Operatives, #1)
  • It Happened One Christmas
  • Detective Daddy (Situation: Christmas, #1)
  • Soldier's Last Stand (H.O.T. Watch #6)
  • Nanny 911 (The Precinct: SWAT #4; The Precinct #16)
  • What Happens in Charleston... (Dynasties: The Kincaids #2)
  • The Hometown Hero Returns (Home to Harbor Town, #1)
  • Sex, Gossip and Rock & Roll
  • When No One Is Watching
  • Soul Whisperer (The Tracker #3)
  • Making a Splash
  • Revealed: A Prince and a Pregnancy (Hot Bed of Scandal #2)
  • Baby Business
  • Lightning That Lingers
1935000
A New York Times, USA Today and Wall Street Journal bestselling author, Elle Kennedy grew up in the suburbs of Toronto, Ontario, and holds a B.A. in English from York University. From an early age, she knew she wanted to be a writer, and actively began pursuing that dream when she was a teenager.

Elle currently writes for various publishers. She loves strong heroines and sexy alpha heroes, and just
More about Elle Kennedy...

Small Town Scandals (2 books)
  • The Heartbreak Sheriff (Small Town Scandals, #2)