Start by marking “The Art of the Adventures of Tintin” as Want to Read:

The Art of the Adventures of Tintin

The artists at Weta Digital and Weta Workshop were thrilled to get the opportunity to work with Steven Spielberg to bring Hergés wonderful characters to the big screen in The Adventures of Tintin.

They spent five years working on this movie. This book tells the story of how the filmmakers started with the original Hergé artwork and books and ended up with what is seen on-s

Published November 1st 2011 by Harper Design (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Art of the Adventures of Tintin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Art of the Adventures of Tintin

Elizabeth (Elzburg)
Mar 02, 2016 Elizabeth (Elzburg) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nonfiction
The Art of The Adventures of Tintin was even better than I could have ever dreamed. This is my first "Art of" book, and I kind of knew what I was getting into but I was still surprised. I'm pretty sure Jake Parker was the one who first suggested them via his bookshelf tour video on YouTube.

I didn't even mean to start reading this when I started reading this. We were given an assignment in art class to design a poster for the school play and I really had no ideas. I remembered that these "Art of"
Lacie
Aug 13, 2012 Lacie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arts
Fascinating book. Loved learning more about the motion capture and CGI techniques used in the making of the film. The process of taking TinTin’s world from the comics to the screen is incredibly intricate. I loved seeing earlier versions of the CG environments and character models. [They created well over 1,000 versions of Snowy…] These pages are full of beautiful work.

Written by Chris Guise, WW Lead Conceptual Designer for The Adventures of TinTin.
Parka
Apr 10, 2012 Parka rated it really liked it
Shelves: art-books
The Art of the Adventures of Tintin
(More pictures on my blog)

I managed to get this a bit earlier from Amazon UK. This book is also sold by Weta on their website, which is perhaps how I remember first hearing about the book.

Tintin's a motion capture CG film, directed by Steven Spielberg, and produced by Peter Jackson and Kathleen Kennedy.

In this book, there are lots to read about the making of the film, like how they capture swimming, walking on sand, animate Snowy, etc. Captain Haddock was actually performed by Andy Serkis, the
τλιϓλ
May 10, 2012 τλιϓλ rated it it was amazing
Shelves: art-of-books
As one of the millions of Tintin fans, I did not give a second thought in buying the book, wonderful collection of pictures of the project, how they manage to make this scene or that, various photos to show the original painting and how it became in the movie. Each one of the crew wrote few lines to guide readers or to express some methods or to add information about certain scene and so on. I was looking forward many pictures and painting about the ships during sea battle, I loved this scene a ...more
Scottsdale Public Library
I have been a Tintin fan since childhood, so when I heard that Steven Spielberg and Peter Jackson were making The Adventures of Tintin, I was cautious. When it finally opened, though, and I saw it on the big screen, I was not disappointed. To my mind, Spielberg and Jackson perfectly captured the look and spirit of the books I love. And the colors! I just loved the rich coloring of the movie. I am also delighted with this book about the film's artwork, in which the artists themselves explain how ...more
Neville Ridley-smith
This book contains lots of concept artwork that goes beyond what was seen in the movie. The best part are the reworkings of all the original Tintin covers to see what would work in the context of an animated film. Also interesting are photos of the live-action tests that were done before they decided to go with animation. Lovely to flip through. (It's in Parramatta library if anyone's interested.)
Nadia
Feb 27, 2012 Nadia rated it it was amazing
This book is a brilliant read, especially if you're a big Tintin fan, or into behind the scenes editing/mocap stuff. Very cool!
Christine Sinclair
Nov 08, 2014 Christine Sinclair rated it really liked it
This is a beautiful book, with detailed descriptions of the making a "mo-cap" film. The artwork of the film stayed true to the Herge originals, and the movie was great fun!
Suman Arif
Suman Arif rated it it was amazing
Jul 29, 2014
Neety
Neety rated it it was amazing
Sep 14, 2012
Naya
Naya rated it it was amazing
Jan 28, 2012
Sarah rated it it was amazing
May 15, 2012
Samtazbu
Samtazbu rated it it was amazing
Feb 08, 2012
Yvonne Weasley
Yvonne Weasley rated it really liked it
May 12, 2017
Gillian Vos
Gillian Vos rated it it was amazing
Nov 11, 2015
Kevin Magpoc
Kevin Magpoc rated it really liked it
Jan 30, 2013
Riikka
Riikka rated it liked it
Jun 14, 2012
Steven Awalt
Steven Awalt rated it really liked it
Jan 12, 2015
Rodolfo
Rodolfo rated it it was ok
Mar 25, 2012
Joda
Joda rated it really liked it
Apr 19, 2013
Shyue Chou Chuang
Shyue Chou Chuang rated it it was ok
Nov 10, 2013
Cloverhui
Cloverhui rated it it was amazing
Apr 09, 2015
Francesca
Francesca rated it it was amazing
Apr 08, 2014
David
David rated it really liked it
Oct 18, 2012
Kiavash
Kiavash rated it it was amazing
Apr 28, 2012
grand_R
grand_R rated it it was amazing
Mar 30, 2016
Aya Svfya
Aya Svfya rated it really liked it
Feb 21, 2013
Anoop anil
Anoop anil rated it it was amazing
Feb 07, 2013
Peter Clark
Peter Clark rated it liked it
Jul 01, 2016
John
John rated it really liked it
Sep 07, 2012