Start by marking “Spectre of Intention” as Want to Read:
Spectre of Intention

Spectre of Intention

Kaitlin Osgood has a stowaway. Underneath the glossy shell of the Senior VP for Countermeasures International lurks the tattered remains of the girl she once was: street rat and thief, Ashley Porter. In the middle of the Pacific Ocean on the cruise ship acting as the platform for the latest space elevator, she should finally be safe...

...safe from the sexy, enigmatic eyes
Published June 16th 2011 by Crystal Mosaic Books (first published March 17th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Spectre of Intention, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spectre of Intention

Jay Michaels
Oct 07, 2011 Jay Michaels rated it really liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
Spectre of Intention (2011) by Tonya Macalino

I offer this disclaimer right off the bat: This book's for adults.

What if you could actually see what somebody else was thinking or feeling? While it would deservedly creep you out, in Spectre of Intention that ability comes in handy for Countermeasures International Senior VP Kaitlin Osgood.

Tonya Macalino's debut novel is set against the background of a space elevator. However, the science involving the elevator is mostly peripheral and external, i
Donna
Aug 19, 2012 Donna rated it liked it
This book took me a little bit to get into the story. At first I was confused about Kaitlin's talent and what the intentions she could sense were. And I had to figure out what was up with Ashley, the character that seems to exist mainly in her head. Of course if I had re-read the blurb above before starting the book I wouldnt have had those issues. However since I didnt, I was able to discover what they all meant on my own. And I think it shows the talent and skill of the author that I was able ...more
Rachel Barnard
Feb 08, 2015 Rachel Barnard rated it really liked it
“…Kaitlin Osgood, Senior VP of Sales and Project Management for Countermeasures International. She was smart, she was competent, and she would find a way through this.” (Pages 61-62).

You might describe Kaitlin Osgood as having ‘two faces’ or being schizophrenic at times, but she has evolved to become Kaitlin, shedding her old life and self and personality as Ashley Porter. She is well into becoming a woman of business and success -as new and improved Kaitlin- when her current job leads to a run
Sally
Aug 16, 2011 Sally rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Spectre of Intention is a fantastic read . . . a novel that puts a very sci-fi spin on what initially seems to be a traditional caper, but quickly becomes something more. The story starts out with a very nervous young woman about to embark upon her first space voyage. We quickly learn she's not who she pretends to be, but it's not until she makes it onto the space elevator that we realise she's running from her past.

The narrative is a bit odd to get used to, because Kaitlin refers to herself as
Brad Wheeler
Feb 01, 2012 Brad Wheeler rated it really liked it
When I picked up Spectre of Intention, I thought I was looking at science fiction. Instead, it's more like science fiction romance. Once I'd realigned my expectations, though, I actually found that the story did a great job of weaving between the two different elements. The characters feel like they actually have a job to do; they're not just around to have sex with each other.

Spoiler alert, though. Some of them actually have sex with each other.

I was also rather pleased that the origin of the m
Melissa Rheinlander
Spectre of Intention had me from the beginning... I couldn't read it fast enough!! There was a question burning a hole in my Kindle, Who is Kaitlin/Ashley and what was her intention (yes pun intended)?? Macalino has a winner in her debut novel, very well written. The plot and setting were very unique and interesting, definitely keeps the pages turning! I look forward to reading more from Tonya Macalino! I recommend this book to others and purchase it as a gift. Put it on your TBR list!!

Disclosur
Jadzia
Apr 28, 2016 Jadzia rated it really liked it
This is a paranormal/thriller/romance novel and is a great mix of these genres. I read this book in two days it was so engaging!

The characters are diverse and interesting with enough depth. The main character and her two internal identities create a nicely complex struggle for control.

The plot really does a good job of integrating paranormal with thriller with adult romance. It will keep you on the edge of your seat with suspense followed by a hot romance scene and then back to suspense.

If you'
April Aasheim
April Aasheim rated it it was amazing
Dec 18, 2013
Lily
Lily rated it it was ok
Aug 16, 2016
Madison Keller
Madison Keller rated it liked it
May 08, 2015
Maquel A Jacob
Maquel A Jacob rated it liked it
Oct 27, 2015
Tina Jacobsen
Tina Jacobsen rated it it was amazing
Feb 01, 2014
Deana
Deana rated it really liked it
Oct 28, 2012
Julie
Julie rated it liked it
Feb 16, 2015
Kiersten Fay
Kiersten Fay marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2011
Alisha
Alisha marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2011
Sharon
Sharon marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2011
Tonya Macalino
Oct 17, 2011 Tonya Macalino added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Jonetta
Jonetta marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2011
Donna
Donna added it
Oct 24, 2011
Joe Caplinger
Joe Caplinger marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2011
Jean
Jean marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2011
Darlene
Darlene marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2011
Ariel
Ariel marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2017
Lorian Jones
Lorian Jones marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2012
Esther
Esther marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2012
Mike Rogers
Mike Rogers marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2012
Judi Schmid
Judi Schmid marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2012
Donna Harris
Donna Harris marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2012
Jessica Buike
Jessica Buike marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2012
Lacey
Lacey marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2012
Brenda Knight
Brenda Knight marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2012
Michelle Coats
Michelle Coats marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2012
Brandon Cerny
Brandon Cerny marked it as to-read
Marissa-dono
Marissa-dono marked it as to-read
Carol K.
Carol K. marked it as to-read
Jerbear84
Jerbear84 marked it as to-read
Karen French
Karen French marked it as to-read
Maliha
Maliha marked it as to-read
Kirstin Pulioff
Kirstin Pulioff marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2013
Dana Martinez
Dana Martinez marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2014
SARIT
SARIT marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2014
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2014
Tonya Macalino
is a writer of futuristic paranormal thrillers. An avid collector of folk history and folklore, she weaves the colorful tales of times past into a rich tapestry giving depth to the fast action of her stories. To read more from Tonya’s collection of folklore/history, visit her blog at www.tonyamacalino.com. For news and information drop by and say hello on Facebook at www.facebook.com
More about Tonya Macalino...