Start by marking “Dead Ever After (Sookie Stackhouse, #13)” as Want to Read:
Dead Ever After (Sookie Stackhouse, #13)

Dead Ever After (Sookie Stackhouse #13)

3.31 of 5 stars 3.31  ·  rating details  ·  55,871 ratings  ·  8,765 reviews
Sookie Stackhouse has one last adventure in store.

Life has taken her from a waitress in Merlotte’s Bar, Bon Temps, to part owner; from social outcast to the heart of her community; from a vampire’s girlfriend to the wife of one of the most powerful vampires in the state. She has survived earthquakes, revolutions and attempts on her life. Sookie has endured betrayal, heartb
Hardcover, 1st edition, 338 pages
Published May 7th 2013 by Victor Gollancz

To ask other readers questions about Dead Ever After, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dead Ever After

Allison
I think the most interesting thing that will come of this series might be a new word. A word readers will forever use to describe a series, that while compelling and wonderful at it's inception, faltered under the weight of an irrational author. You can say: The author Harrised the series. (Or, "the book was Harrised," would be acceptable too...)

It is with great sadness I have to report, history did prove the predictor of fate, and the three preceding books delineated into the final wet slap on
Hope
Elisa
Sammy Loves Books
Spoiler Alert*****Spoiler Alert*****Spoiler Alert****

I've read thirteen books to find out which man would be Sookie's HEA!!!
This is what I wanted:

description

I would have settled for this:

But, This is what I got:

description

Sookie was just as surprised as I was:

description

Jason is just as lost as I am:

description

I just feel I wasted my time reading this:

description

And I'm a tad bit upset:

description

My review had originally ended here, but my friend, Sunny, wanted details. I hate to give anymore time to this book, but Sunny Rocks, so here you go hun...;oD

Complete
Alisha-Dear Constant Reader
 photo tumblr_mhd3yr8PGN1qgqbmxo1_500_zps1439891c.gif

Alisha: The fan who is neither crazy, nor entitled rants

Update:

So I've been on Amazon, watching the reactions. Lots of sock puppets and rabid Charlaine fans giving this turd 5 stars. Even Anne Rice is weighing in! I'm uber suspicious of all reviews that say, "She tied this up nicely, way to go Ms. Harris! and I look forward to reading the Coda in October!" Gotta hand it to Penguin, they are on top of this.

"Hey everyone! Look over here! Disregard the bad reviews. Those people are CRAZY!"

There'
Olga
May 08, 2013 Olga rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No one
I knew CH would break my heart with DEA. I was prepared, I swear, but this... all of it... Low blow.

Read DUD (how appropriate) and then DEA. You won't miss a thing.
Why read 12 books about a Southern gal breaking up with her suitors to get in the 13th with the random guy? Why bother with all the fillers? That's right. All the nice words, all the angst, all the times Sookie had been one step away from dying? Why learn that you're better off to square one? That everything you've been through was f
Jon
Check out my blog Scott Reads It!

It's really upsetting how quickly one of my favorite series became absolutely horrible. Books 1-9 were a ton of fun, they were definitely my guilty pleasure. They weren't exactly sophisticated but they were extremely entertaining. Then came along books 10-13, each book felt more excruciating and terrible than the last one. The most recent Stackhouse books are at best subpar, why did Harris have to unnecessarily stretch out this series? I feel like Charlaine Harr
Karen Stone

I am never buying anything from Charlaine Harris again

description

Yes she spoiled my investment in her series...I really wanted Eric and Sookie to end up together.

description

Forgive me for being a die hard romance reader but that was the only interest I ever held for her books. Besides the romance element of the book, there were so many inconsistencies between character's personalities and their actions. I don't understand, did you do this for fun? Like *yah thats right, they don't control me* and *it just makes my j
Kristen *Addicted to M/M Romance*
Kim
I will always be an EL.

I am so sad that Ch has destroyed a much loved character. There will be ALOT of disappointed fans. and to be honest it won't be just Eric fans who are upset. This book finished with a thud.After so many yrs invested as a reader I feel cheated.

Sadly she is going to lose and upset alot of readers.

For me,writers are only as good as their last book.

Sad way to end a series, that could easily have been one of my favorites
T00zday
As soon as the HBO tv series came out, Ms Harris began to write with the tv series in mind - and the WRITING WENT TO CRAP.

Charlaine Harris is the next runner up to the Laurell K Hamilton writer of SHAME award..... never again Ms Harris, never again.
Bettie
I don't give flaming reviews. I find them tacky and classless. If you don't like a book, don't read it. That's always been my motto. If there are technical issues or things you don't agree with from a reader's standpoint, feel free to point them out but understand that the power is always going to lie with the writer. Respect that, and respect them. If you don't like it, write your own book. This has been what I've said to countless angry readers for well over 20 years.

Now, I say screw that.

If
Sharon ✽ is an emotional book junkie ✽
From the first line...

"I'd been waiting for the vampire for years when he walked into the bar."

to the last...

"I’m Sookie Stackhouse. I belong here."

it's been quite a journey with Sookie and her friends. Thirteen books...mostly good but nonetheless I've enjoyed reading them and they will be missed.

Thirteen Hints

There's a wedding. {Yay!}
There's a divorce. {ugh}

There's a new life. {Yay!}
There's a death. {or four...who's counting?}

Someone leaves. {ugh}
Someone returns. {total surprise!}

Some
Goosey
Pre-Read Review: My only hope is that she ends up with Sam, whom I've been rooting for since book 1.

Post-Read Review: (view spoiler)
Kelly Trobaugh
DEA is DOA

CH's entitled to write how she wants....... and We're entitled to tell her what we think about her writing and decide where to spend our $$. If I go into a restaurant and order filet mignon and get served strip steak, do you not think I'm going to have words for the chef/manager/waitress? Do you not think I'm not going to pay for said strip steak? Do you not think I'm going to tell everyone and their brother about what happened? While I don't condone death threats on her person, death
Stephanie
So here we are at the end of Sookie Stackhouse and I for one am sad.

This review WILL have some spoilers….be warned, but if you are looking any other review, everybody and their mother wrote ‘photo’ and/or ‘gif’ reviews of this book and all give it away, so…..don’t blame me.

Sookie is a slow learner.

Sookie Stackhouse has been through the wringer with all her supernatural lovers. For thirteen books she has been close to death numerous times. This girl has compiled so many enemies I don’t know ho
Tracey
Shamayeta
Ellie
This book better be fan(g)tastic! Go Harris!
*sighs* I really hope this book doesn't turn out to be like I think it's going to be..

(Painful) Predictions:

-Eric with that Freyda--> angst, pain, bitterness, jealousy on sookie's behalf.
-Bill and Sam start to look more appealing.
-But Bill wins in the end.
-Some close people die.
-Either Bill ends with her or..(or Sookie dies, but I don't think so)..or.......
*worst case possible*: bittersweet ending with Sookie standing alone and strong, spouting som
Emily May
Apr 25, 2013 Emily May marked it as dnf
Shelves: paranormal-uf
I stopped reading this series two or three books ago now but I was curious who Sookie ended up with. If you want to know without having to read/make use of google, then click the spoiler tag below.

1) Do not click if you don't want to know who Sookie ends up with
2) Do not click if you are planning on reading this book
3) Do not click if you think you might read this book
4) Do not blame me if you click and then decide you might want to read it after all
5) Do not blame me if you click and are disapp
Rebecca
I'm very disappointed, and it's more than the ending.
Michelle
I REFUSE to buy or read this!! REFUSE!!! Charlaine Harris KNEW the majority of her fans read this book series because WE ALL LOVED ERIC AND SOOKIE!!! KNEW IT!!! And did she care? No. She just wrote what she wanted. Why give us years and years, book after book, story line after story line of one of the greatest romances of all time to end it with ***spoliers**** Eric marrying his vampire wife and banded from Sookie for 200 years and putting Sookie with a man she had only friendship feelings for t ...more
Courtnie
Jun 27, 2013 Courtnie marked it as to-read
Shelves: paranormal
When I'm old, and wear the color purple, with red which doesn't match...all of my other old women book friends will sit around in our hover chairs and argue that Dead Ever After was the greatest let down in book history, and speak of Charlaine Harris with bitter disdain.

I still haven't read it. I'm waiting until I can drink a good bottle of wine at the same time, it sounds like it needs some additional help.

_____________________________________________________________________

Happy Release Day
Christy
2-2.5 Stars :(

If I had only one word to describe how I was feeling after reading this book it would be...

photo Sookie-Disapointed_zpse260e84c.gif

And I hate to give it a poor rating. I hate giving any book a poor rating. I know authors work extremely hard on their books, but I have to be honest here... after years and years of reading this series, the final book was a let down for me.

So we have Sookie...
 photo 34b19b9a-8a03-449d-8570-e622641c00c0_zpsffc51dd2.jpg
Anyone who has read this series knows that Sookie is a telepath. She has fae blood in her. Hearing everyones thoughts is intrusive
Linda
Skimmed most of the book, but could not finish.
Im not mad that CH did what she did (its her brain baby after all), Im angry that she built a relationship for 12+ books only to botch it and say FU to us all, "Lets have some Seal loving instead" *shudders*
I read books with HEA because I can trust the author not to tear my heart into pieces, this shows that I can never ever trust CH again.
Hitandmiss
Pre release review - Do we have to do this?

We all know that its dead and gone, do we have to attend the funeral? Can’t we just imagine that they sailed off into the sunset and didn't really die in a horrible car wreck?

Sigh*

Edit 10 may 2013 - Ok, so I'm about to start reading.... and everyone is giving this 1 start before I even start (I've avoided reading the reviews though). I feel like I'm about go have a tooth pulled. It's for the best I get this over with, but I really dont wana....

Edit - I
Freckles
Okay, it could've ended sooner. The last four books were much more annoying and boring than the previous ones. Or maybe I've grown too old for True Blood. But the ending wasn't so bad. It felt almost nostalgic, after 13 books and almost 5 years... Goodbye, Sookie.
_______
The last one finally... I'm curious how will Harris resolve her Happily Ever After for Sookie... It seems a bit impossible at this point.
Taschima Cullen
Well, at least it's over.

As far as endings go it didn't totally suck. It was pretty predictable, how everything was going to end up, who Sookie was going to end up with. I am just so glad it's over.

On this installment all of Sookie's enemies come back from their sabbatical. And every single last one of them is out for her blood. Sookie gets blamed for a crime she didn't commit, Eric and her are having marital problems (big whoop), Bill is still skulking in the woods, and Sam is getting used to b
Cstillsquare
"How many enemies do I have?"

This last full-novel installment in the Southern Vampire Mysteries has a pretty wicked body count, a WTF resolution to the mystery, and an ending that will piss off basically all the strident troops of the suitor war--as well as those readers who for 13 books have skimmed through Sookie's narration just to get to the scenes with vampires. But Team Sookie fans probably will be pleased.

The ending MAKES SENSE. The big Sookie and Eric scene is spot on to their character
Ezinwanyi~the Impish Angel  (Oh My Shelves)

description

Gotta give it to you Ms. Harris. You got me. You got me good. I avoided all spoilers like the plague because I chose to trust in you and your storytelling. I chose to believe you would lead me to the promised land that I have so ardently longed for. I bought it and dived it head first.

For an ending to what began as an epic series...NOT IMPRESSED!
description

Truthfully, it wasn't an awful book, but it was really weak and such a disappointing ending to this series. I would give it 3-stars. My real problem is
SPOILER ALERT!!!!!Questions about the ending 45 1030 Jun 05, 2015 10:46AM
2015 Reading Chal...: Dead Ever After 1 16 Feb 20, 2015 11:36PM
Novel Books & Rea...: Harris, Charlaine - Dead Ever After (Sookie Stackhouse #13)- Informal Buddy Read - Start Date January 15, 2015 6 148 Jan 18, 2015 09:24PM
like the tv show 10 100 Dec 29, 2014 12:44PM
Who do you want Sookie to end up with? 96 1008 Jul 07, 2014 04:42AM
Finished Sookie, pondering which series to read next. 15 233 Jun 27, 2014 10:38AM
Let's be fair..... 61 345 Apr 21, 2014 09:27PM
  • Into the Woods: Tales from the Hollows and Beyond (The Hollows, #10.1)
  • Affliction (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter #22)
  • Undead and Unsure (Undead, #12)
  • Kitty Rocks the House (Kitty Norville, #11)
  • Autumn Whispers (Otherworld/Sisters of the Moon, #14)
  • Tempt the Stars (Cassandra Palmer, #6)
  • Tempest Reborn (Jane True, #6)
  • A Witch's Handbook of Kisses and Curses (Half Moon Hollow, #2)
  • Frost Burned (Mercy Thompson, #7)
  • River Road (Sentinels of New Orleans, #2)
  • Magic Breaks (Kate Daniels, #7)
  • Biting Bad (Chicagoland Vampires, #8)
  • Shattered Circle (Persephone Alcmedi, #6)
  • The Asylum Interviews: Trixie (The Asylum Tales, #0.6)
Charlaine Harris has been a published novelist for over twenty-five years. A native of the Mississippi Delta, she grew up in the middle of a cotton field. Now she lives in southern Arkansas with her husband, her three children, three dogs, and a duck. The duck stays outside.

Though her early output consisted largely of ghost stories, by the time she hit college (Rhodes, in Memphis) Charlaine was wr
More about Charlaine Harris...

Sookie Stackhouse (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Dead Until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse, #1)
  • Living Dead in Dallas (Sookie Stackhouse, #2)
  • Club Dead (Sookie Stackhouse, #3)
  • Dead to the World (Sookie Stackhouse, #4)
  • Dead as a Doornail (Sookie Stackhouse, #5)
  • Definitely Dead (Sookie Stackhouse, #6)
  • All Together Dead (Sookie Stackhouse, #7)
  • From Dead to Worse (Sookie Stackhouse, #8)
  • Dead and Gone (Sookie Stackhouse, #9)
  • Dead in the Family (Sookie Stackhouse, #10)
Dead Until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse, #1) Living Dead in Dallas (Sookie Stackhouse, #2) Dead to the World (Sookie Stackhouse, #4) Club Dead (Sookie Stackhouse, #3) Dead as a Doornail (Sookie Stackhouse, #5)

“Life should imitate romance literature far more often.” 18 likes
“No matter what happens in public—no matter what—don’t doubt that I love you and care about your welfare . . . as much as I am able.” 10 likes