Start by marking “Blind Pursuit” as Want to Read:
Blind Pursuit

Blind Pursuit

3.83  ·  Rating Details ·  1,184 Ratings  ·  83 Reviews
From New York Times and USA Today bestseller Michael Prescott, author FINAL SINS and COLD AROUND THE HEART, comes this dizzying thrill ride of nonstop terror and suspense.

In the dead of night, psychologist Erin Reilly is abducted from her Tucson home. Her kidnapper -- a serial killer who burns his victims alive. Tormented by his obsession, he wants Erin to cure him before
Published July 10th 2011 (first published January 1st 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Blind Pursuit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blind Pursuit

Cindy Meilink
Sep 01, 2011 Cindy Meilink rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Michael Prescott has come up with a winner in this latest thriller about family secrets and revenge.

Orphaned at seven years of age when a fire took their parents, twins Erin and Annie went to live with their Aunt Lydia, who, herself, was a victim of tragedy. Years ago, her husband had been suspected of killing their son and then himself.

At 30 years of age, the twins have found their place in the world with Annie a flower shop owner and Erin a therapist. Their lives are good, full, and they have
Josee
Oct 17, 2011 Josee rated it really liked it
A pretty good page-turner. I liked it a lot. It's not your run-of-the-mill kidnapping story, and while the story unfolds slowly, it unfolds at a good pace. The characters of the book, 30-year-old twins Erin and Annie Reilly, figure out who the kidnapper is at their own pace, instead of having one big scene at the end where the bad guy confesses all. I liked that idea. We get to understand Harold Gund, and the irony of the ending wasn't lost on him. Mike Walker was the weakest part of the book, b ...more
Susan Legnini
Nov 09, 2011 Susan Legnini rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book. Fast read.

Blind PursuitBlind Pursuit by Michael Prescott

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Great book. Fast read.

Maureen
Fast paced thriller following twins, Erin and Annie Reilly. Erin, an established psychologist is kidnapped and told she can live if she can "cure" the kidnapper through therapy. Annie is a survivor and fights for her life throughouthte book. Nothing slow abut the read...Annie has her own flower shop and depends of the strength of her sister and has a bad feeling soemthing has happened to Erin. She goes to the police and is not believed. Annie ends up following her own leads, which leads to crazy ...more
Tonya
Nov 12, 2011 Tonya rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
My original review: I am a long time Michael Prescott fan!! I have read all of his books, as well as those written under the pen Brian Harper. This one was one of my favorites!! Twists and turns and a real shocker of a reveal.... Great read!!

Update: I just listened to this, after reading it a few years ago. It took a few chapters before I really started to remember the story. While parts seemed familiar, I had forgotten the biggest twists and it was still shocking!! I literally gasped out loud!
Britney
Aug 03, 2011 Britney rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was concerned at first when I saw that it was over 900 pages that it was going to drag on. Boy was I wrong. This fast paced thriller had me turning the pages quickly.

Psychologist Erin Reilly is kidnapped by a psycho path. She tries to figure out who he is and why he's taken her. Her twin sister Annie tries to find her cause she knows she wouldn't leave on her own. She can't convince the police it was a kidnapping so she delves into it herself. The two of them are fighters and will do anything
Doug
Nov 12, 2012 Doug rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So glad I discovered Michael Prescott on my Kindle last year. His books are real page turners, and Blind Pursuit is no exception. Doesn't hurt that they are priced to devour. When psychologist Erin Reilly is abducted she must find a way to connect with her captor before he burns her alive. Blind Pursuit is an exciting read, if somewhat dated. Some of the plot points are carved up as this book was clearly written before the cell phone era. Nevertheless, a great read and another win for Michael Pr ...more
Karisa
Sep 03, 2012 Karisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Don't read this one before bed! The author has done it again (more sleepless nights because I can't put the book down and I'm terrified)
A psychologist is abducted from her home and her life is in peril unless she can help the abductor with his psychological issues. If she cannot help him in time, he will burn her alive. This was my second read by author - Michael Prescott and I cannot wait to pick up another.
Steph
Nov 26, 2011 Steph rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2011
I got this as a discount book from amazon on my kindle. I believe it was a dollar, and sounded decent, so I figured why not?
I was glad I did - it was an easy read and did a good job holding my interest. I read the whole thing in 2 or 3 days. Not only did it hold my interest, but there were several very unexpected turns and the ending was a surprise. I would definitely recommend to someone who wants a suspense/mystery that is a quick, easy, fairly light read.
VLynch
May 07, 2012 VLynch rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, horror
This was a very interesting book. I have just recently found Micheal Prescott as a new author for me and I have to say I like him very much. He writes with so much detail I can picture the characters in my head, down to their different personality traits. This is a great mystery book and I highly recommend Micheal Prescott books. I have about 4 other books of his I have read and have yet to actually post a review for. Look for those very soon.
Amanda
Dec 14, 2011 Amanda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My sister and I were trying to figure out the 'lend me' feature on our nooks. She bought this book because it was .99 and sounded alright. Proud to say we figured out the lending feature and this appeared on my nook.
What a suprise! It was a nail biter for sure. I plowed through the 858 pages in no time. A true feat for me. There were several twists and turns along the way and it kept my interest the entire time. A true feat for a book!
Joe Young
A suspenseful tale of a compulsive serial killer that travels to Tucson to find some special victims. The ties between the killer and victims is unknown to the victims and twenty years have aged the participants to the point that no easy recognition is possible. Tension, fear and threat build making this a story that has to be read to the end quickly.
Jeff
Sep 01, 2011 Jeff rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
Tons of descriptive sequences abound. Nice little denoument; but a little meandering and far-fetched in its presentation. Liked it more for the descriptions of Tucson since I was just there--and the price was right. Probably wouldn't have read it if those two necessities were unfulfilled. Gonna read Mortal Pursuit next, then hope to stop chasing the pursuer for a while :)
Heather
Nov 03, 2011 Heather rated it liked it
3.5 stars. Interesting concept. A slight romance component that seemed a little out of place, though it was made plot-relevant by becoming the reason the cop bothers to get involved. But it didn't have to be, and the scenes with the cop musing about his attraction to Annie just seemed inappropriate in the bigger context of kidnapping and serial killing.
Heather Snowman
A bit more nastiness than I like. I don't like the victim to anticipate awful things happening to them for too long, and there is more of that then I care for in this book. with that said it is well written, I can relate to the characters (at least the good ones) and it is a page turner.
Caitlin Lombardi
This was a good book. Easy to follow and read. I thought the characters were a little underdeveloped and predictable. That said, it was a good book to read at night before bed because even if I fell asleep reading I could easily pick up where I left off.
Tim Schwalk
Dec 26, 2013 Tim Schwalk rated it really liked it
Enjoyable Read

Nice quick read with some surprising twists. The subject matter does get a bit heavy and the story takes a few "convenient" turns. Overall I definitely enjoyed the narrative and I can easily recommend this book.
Jaymark
Dec 03, 2011 Jaymark marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: zabandoned
Abandoned this book after 35%. Did not feel going through the ordeal of impossible escapes and psychological drama. I would want to stick to police procedurals in the Novels that I am going to read or interesting characters.
Jannene
Aug 05, 2011 Jannene rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012
It was a really good book. It was very suspenseful and my heart kept racing throughout the book. I liked the characters and the plot was very good. My only complaint was the ebook had a lot of typos in it. Half sentences a few places and some grammar issues.
Keith Vandenbergh
Jun 08, 2012 Keith Vandenbergh rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-it
One of the better $1 books I've purchased for my Kindle. In fact, better than many full priced books. Blind Pursuit is well paced and drew me into the story line. I can recommend it as a page-turner with plenty of action, suspense, and drama wrapped around a family tragedy.
Harley A. Jung
Sep 06, 2015 Harley A. Jung rated it it was amazing
Kept me wanting more

Great character descriptions.Kept you wanting more building up to ending reader wouldn't have guessed . Vivid images of happenings felt part of characters lives
Teresa
Mar 30, 2014 Teresa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Whew....I'm exhausted after finishing this book! What a climatic ending. Annie and Erin are incredibly close sisters, learning through these couple of days the answers to their life-long unresolved questions. It's a great adventure, full of clear suspense and thrills.
Joyce McKune
When they were 7 years old, Erin pulled her twin sister Annie, out of the burning house. Now at 30 Erin has disappeared and no one believes she's been kidnapped except Annie. This time she has to be the strong one and save her sister.
Kiira Bayman
Aug 27, 2011 Kiira Bayman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really more of a 4.5 star rating, but only because it didn't quite measure up to "Mortal Pursuit". (This one is more of a psychological thriller instead of straight action.) I'm definitely sticking with this author for a while!
Nancy Boone
Sep 15, 2011 Nancy Boone rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved the plot in this story. Lots of twists and turns. Erin and Annie went after their man and wasn't going to let anyone stop them. I recommend this book to anyone who likes suspense and action with a strong female thrown into the mix.
Barbara
May 05, 2012 Barbara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
With Michael Prescott, you know what you are getting. A fairly quick read and a suspenseful one. This one nearly lost a star for creeping me out, but then I decided that was what he was going for. Strong female characters.
Nik Basta
Oct 26, 2011 Nik Basta rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So far this has been the best book by Prescott that i've read. I think it was written well and it kept entertained throughout. I would recommend this book for anyone that likes a thriller with a few twists and turns.

Well done Mr. Prescott.
Toya
Feb 12, 2012 Toya rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
why two stars you may ask. well the plot was very good but the autor put unnecessary details so the story unfolded very slowly. I had to force my self to continue reading, I'm so happy i didnt buy this book because i would of been piss.
Tristan Robin Blakeman
Okay. Not terrific - not one of those thrillers that you can't put down and have to read through the whole night. But some very interesting characters that make the rather obvious plotline worth wading through.
Paula
Apr 29, 2015 Paula rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Other than being a bit wordy, this was very good. It totally held my attention. Twin sisters know when one is in trouble.
  • Riptide
  • Borrowed Time
  • A Killing Tide (Columbia River, #1)
  • Just Run
  • A Dozen Deadly Roses
  • The Abigail Affair
  • Cry of the Needle
  • Eyewall
  • Ransom Beach (Stephanie Chalice Mystery #2)
  • Amanda's Eyes (A.J. Gregson)
  • Double Exposure
A pseudonym used by Douglas Borton, aka Michael Prescott.

Douglas Child Borton, Jr. grew up in New Jersey and attended Wesleyan University, then moved to Los Angeles and pursued a career as a screenwriter. After working with several independent producers, he eventually switched to writing novels, a much less stressful occupation. He has published eight thrillers, from Comes the Dark (1999) to Morta
More about Brian Harper...