Start by marking “Harvest Moon (Cat Clan, #1)” as Want to Read:
Harvest Moon (Cat Clan, #1)

Harvest Moon (Cat Clan #1)

3.92  ·  Rating Details ·  1,700 Ratings  ·  67 Reviews
Emma is a member of the Cat Clan. She is an animal shifter who was brutally turned when she was only fourteen years old. Wheeler is the leader of the Cat Clan. He is another shifter who brought Emma into his realm when he scented her presence in another state. Because of her violent introduction to the world of weres, Wheeler has been dancing around Emma for years, waiting ...more
Published (first published July 17th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Harvest Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Harvest Moon

Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship}
Aug 16, 2011 Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship} rated it liked it
Recommends it for: those who like Stolen by Kelley Armstrong
Set after the Moon Trilogy, I enjoyed this more-so than those books. It was the slow burn that did it. The hero and heroine don't get together until 5 years after they first met, and the hero is the alpha of the Cat Clan -that's some self-control!

However, when Wheeler found Emma she was a mess. Damaged by the one who had turned her and forced to kill him to escape, and then with no advice or support she was doing her best to survive on her own. She didn't trust anyone, especially not some stran
Brigitte
Dec 06, 2012 Brigitte rated it liked it
Shelves: okay
Gave it a 3 because I like there to be a HEA. It is a free book. After she is kidnapped Emma's chapters are her waking in a cage, trying to escape a forced breading program and to not be hunted. Kidnappers are humans who conduct experiments, bread and sell hunting experiences. Wheeler is a lion shifter and alpha. Emma is an ocelot shifter and Wheeler's 2nd. Wheeler has known, Emma is his mate from the first time he caught her scent. That was 5 years ago. His chapters alternate with hers. Wheeler ...more
Kelly
Oct 30, 2011 Kelly rated it really liked it
Loosely connected to the Moon Trilogy series by some of the characters introduced in Black Moon. I have to say that this was my favorite story of the group. The characters felt well-rounded, the action moved along and the glimpses of the past kept me interested. I loved Wheeler for his decision to let Emma grow into herself. I thought it was very well done and it gave him a chance to learn who she was while still making me feel like they were two characters who were destined to be together. Emma ...more
Porche
Nov 01, 2011 Porche rated it really liked it
I adored the fiery little heroine in this book. She was soooo strong and her terrifying history made a true champion out of her. I would love to see this one in a series, I feel the story was a bit unfinished. One can only assume what happens with Martinez' family and his little newly, forcibly turned Were. I'd like closure. Other than that, this was a daring adventure and I am warmed by the Lion's strength of character, patience and concern.
Moon Shine Art Spot ~ Lisa
This book is related to the Moon Trilogy. I have read a few of this writer's books and find it very interesting that he goes into just enough detail about the cat clans and such live among us humans to make it seem real and possible. I love that aspect of the stories. The characters were described in a way that made me feel like i knew what i needed to know about their personalities. I found the glimpses into the past helpful in understand everyone's current state of mind. Emma had the ability, ...more
Jolie
Nov 04, 2012 Jolie rated it really liked it
Emma was 14 when she was kidnapped. raped and turned into a were-ocelot against her will. After her family rejects her, at 15, she runs away and survives on her own. Wheeler is a were-lion who found Emma in New Mexico and brought her back to Colorado to live with the Clan he heads. Because of her intimacy issues (understandably from being raped/held captive/rejected, he doesn't tell her that she is his life mate.

Emma, who became Wheeler's second after challenging (and beating) his old second, se
Judy
Jul 29, 2011 Judy rated it it was amazing
This book is not included with the Moon Trilogy but if you read them this is definitely an extra plus.

Emma was turned unwillingly when she was fourteen by a feral were ocelot. She made it on her own for six years and then one day in New Mexico Wheeler found her. He is the Alpha of the Cat Clan in Colorado. After a year she finally trusted him enough to move to the compound.

Wheeler new that Emma was his mate from the beginning. With her past though he could not force her. Now that they were final
Tiffany
Jan 30, 2012 Tiffany rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-it
This novella is part of the moon series, although Black Moon, Amber Moon and Silver Moon should be read in order and together, this novella could be a stand alone piece. I really enjoyed it. The author does an excellent job of world building is a small amount of writing.

Emma was turned into a "were" against her will, at a young age and violently. She was on her own for years before Wheeler found her. He knew she was his mate, but she was hurt and cautious due to the nature of her early years as
Delia
Apr 26, 2012 Delia rated it really liked it
I picked this up on Amazon a few weeks ago. Harvest Moon is set in the same "world" as the moon trilogy. I'm not sure if it is because after three previous books I am already invested in this series or if it is the characters themselves but this was my favorite "moon" book so far.
Since I mentioned the characters I'd like to point out how well they were done even though this was just a novella. The Heroine is strong and determined, able to take care of herself and not wait for the cavalry to arr
Cara
Mar 02, 2013 Cara rated it liked it
I really thought this book was pretty, I would have liked it to go on more, but still very good. This is a great example and proof, you can never assume with anything.
Emma was forced into her new life at a young age, forced to kill her changer just to escape. Her family thinks she's a freak and doesn't even care when she runs away at 16.
On the run and barely making it own her own when Chris walks into her life. He knows she's his mate, and she has no idea. Knows nothing about car life, but is de
Shadowstorm Norwicca
This was a wonderful short novella that introduce Emma a shifter changed against her will and her family pushed her to the side as if it was her fault she was changed. Wheeler is the leader of the Cat Clan and he scented Emma on his way to a meeting. He knew she was his mate and knew he had to tread lightly for his mate had been hurt and violently attack by one of his kind. As Emma realizes that she wants to give Wheeler her heart she is taken by a humans only interested in hunting her kind for ...more
Laurie
Mar 12, 2014 Laurie rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal, nook
If paranormal books are your thing, you'll probably like this little gem. It's a quick read about Emma and Wheeler. Emma is an ocelot who was forcibly changed at the age of 14 while her family was on vacation. She ended up alone and not having a clue of what she was for years before Wheeler found her. After awhile she found her place in Wheelers Clan. Emma's story is full of interesting things like fights for dominance, confusions about mating, and abductions of were's by mysterious persons. Whe ...more
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
Jun 16, 2012 Merissa (Archaeolibrarian) rated it really liked it
This is a novella of approximately 33,500 words. It is paranormal romance and a companion piece to the Moon Trilogy (Black Moon, Amber Moon, and Silver Moon)

This is the book that details the story of Wheeler, the leader of the Cat Clan, and his Second, Emma.

You get more history and background on Emma than you do Wheeler but there is also a current storyline too so there is plenty of meat here for you to enjoy.

Once again, different species are Were's, not just wolves. I've read a few of this gen
Darlene
Feb 17, 2012 Darlene rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Yvensong? Cherlynn?
Recommended to Darlene by: Can't remember
Not my kind of book. Were-beings. I love cats of all kinds. Ocelots and lions, oh my! I've written this much and still can't seem to say why this isn't my kind of book. I don't like shooting and killing for power. I don't like romance books. That was my take away feeling from this book.

What, besides cats, did I like? Those proverbs at the beginning of each chapter. Oh, and I laughed out loud at the were-dove! grrrowl-tweet!

You know, honestly, the writing wasn't bad. No huge errors. The main char
Kane
Sep 03, 2012 Kane rated it liked it
I have read the previous book but don't recall them vividly. I wonder if this book would have been better if I refreshed my memory...but while reading I didn't find myself confused. The book was building up to be interesting and was an easy read. I felt it had the makings of a great book (according to me) but something was missing. It didn't quire capture. But a decent easy read if you have nothing else to read.
Amanda
Aug 26, 2012 Amanda rated it really liked it
Bevill, I've said it before and I'll say it again: I adore your paranormal writing style. You somehow capture adventure, romance, and suspense all in one handful. I enjoy your creatures and now want my husband to be able to shape shift into a giant protective lion! Please don't stop writing about your wonderful and captivating paranormal world.
I feel like I'm sitting at the "BOOK BAR" and you are the bartender. I'm demanding a double! **slams hand on bar**
Nook Worm
Jul 31, 2011 Nook Worm rated it it was amazing
Shelves: pcs
I got this as a freebie on Smashwords and started reading it to take a break from a series I was reading. I honestly could not put the book down. I had started it at about 11:30pm and stayed up till after 3am until I finished! I really loved the story line and the characters. I would love to read more about the world and lives of the Cat Clan. I definitely reccommend this for shifter fans.
Michelle Louise
Oct 29, 2012 Michelle Louise rated it it was amazing
I loved this book just because you got to read wee bits of Emma and Wheeler in the Moon Trilogy. I think it is great that Emma and Wheeler got their own book. And what a book it is! It shows you how they met in Mexico all those years ago. I love reading about WereCats so this book was right up my street :) It's a must buy!
Laura Campbell
Feb 28, 2013 Laura Campbell rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013
I had this book on my Kindle for ages before I finally read it the other day.

It was a free Kindle book so I wasn't really expecting much but I was pleasantly surprised when it turned out to be really good!

We have some well rounded characters, a nice plot, no spelling mistakes.

All in all a good read! I'd like to see more from this these two characters in particular.
Trisha
Jul 22, 2012 Trisha rated it liked it
Shelves: c-l-bevill
I really liked this book, but was very disappointed in how short it was. I would have really liked to see more of a build up maybe from going more into depths of there backgrounds to see there love grow
Sazzle182
Mar 19, 2012 Sazzle182 rated it really liked it
Lovely wee novella, read after the moon series and probably my favourite to date thanks to the slow burn and well thought out characters, despite being a novella a strong past is portrayed and I find myself loving christopher wheeler for his patience.
Marti
Feb 27, 2012 Marti rated it liked it
I read this book while recouperating from a serious illness and related surgery. I was looking for books with an element of fantasy because I wanted a temporary escape from the difficulties in my real life. This book scored on that note but none others.
Amy
Sep 12, 2013 Amy rated it really liked it
Shelves: nook
I enjoyed this novella. Like the moon trilogy, it was a page turner, you just want to know what is happening enough to not put it down. Read this in a matter of hours after purchasing it. If you enjoy a bit of paranormal, this is a great, quick, read.
Sara
Oct 27, 2011 Sara rated it really liked it
An exciting, action packed novella about a group of feline shapeshifters (lion, cheetah, ocelot etc)
Jamie
Aug 13, 2012 Jamie rated it really liked it
Good short Story
Lauren
Aug 15, 2011 Lauren rated it liked it
Shelves: ipad
Pretty cute.

Quick easy read. Enjoyed the characters. Wish it would have been longer, though it was a good read.
Gina
Nov 19, 2011 Gina rated it really liked it
I am definitely looking forward to more in this series/world!!
Kimmy
Oct 08, 2011 Kimmy rated it really liked it
Shelves: free-nook-books
Definately my favorite story of the series, although it was not.directly related to the moon books it did involve some of the characters.
Jessica
Sep 25, 2011 Jessica rated it liked it
This was my favorite out of the four.
Angela
Jan 30, 2012 Angela rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A nice short story. I would have liked for it to be a little longer and mire depth but overall it was a nice read.
  • Black Silk
  • Madison
  • Sorceress Awakening (Gargoyle and Sorceress Book 1)
  • Stolen (Bitten #2)
  • Wolf Medicine
  • Tranquility (Otherkin, #2)
  • The Blood That Bonds (II AM Trilogy, #1)
  • The Warlord's Secret
  • Without Mercy (Mystic Wolves #1A)
  • The Finding (Law of the Lycans, #5)
  • The Last Vampire (Dark Season, #1)
  • The Fey
  • The Charmer (Darklands, #1)
  • Feral Attraction
  • Harvest Moon
  • Kiss Me Deadly (Bewitch the Dark #2)
  • Another Sip [Part 1 Intro: The Hunt] (The V V Inn)
  • The Wish (The Devil's Lover, #1)
C.L. Bevill has been in the U.S. Army, cleaned floors, a graphic illustrator, a therapist, and a stay at home mother. She lives in the Alabama area with her husband and daughter and keeps plugging away at the next great American novel.
More about C.L. Bevill...

Cat Clan (5 books)
  • Blood Moon (Cat Clan, #2)
  • Crescent Moon (Cat Clan, #3)
  • Hunter's Moon: A Cat Clan Novella