Start by marking “Harvest Moon (Cat Clan, #1)” as Want to Read:
Harvest Moon (Cat Clan, #1)

Harvest Moon (Cat Clan #1)

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  1,478 ratings  ·  57 reviews
Emma is a member of the Cat Clan. She is an animal shifter who was brutally turned when she was only fourteen years old. Wheeler is the leader of the Cat Clan. He is another shifter who brought Emma into his realm when he scented her presence in another state. Because of her violent introduction to the world of weres, Wheeler has been dancing around Emma for years, waiting ...more
Published (first published July 17th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Harvest Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Harvest Moon

Whisper Cape by Susan GriscomTo Have and To Code by Debora GearyA Witch Central Wedding by Debora GearyTo Love a Witch by Debora GearyMatchmakers 2.0 by Debora Geary
My book list no.3
46th out of 58 books — 2 voters
Tagged by Joseph M. ChironBeautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireWalking Disaster by Jamie McGuireEntwined with You by Sylvia DayReal by Katy Evans
My Faveorite Books of 2013
130th out of 144 books — 45 voters

More lists with this book...

Brigitte
Gave it a 3 because I like there to be a HEA. It is a free book. After she is kidnapped Emma's chapters are her waking in a cage, trying to escape a forced breading program and to not be hunted. Kidnappers are humans who conduct experiments, bread and sell hunting experiences. Wheeler is a lion shifter and alpha. Emma is an ocelot shifter and Wheeler's 2nd. Wheeler has known, Emma is his mate from the first time he caught her scent. That was 5 years ago. His chapters alternate with hers. Wheeler ...more
Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship}
Aug 21, 2011 Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship} rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: those who like Stolen by Kelley Armstrong
Set after the Moon Trilogy, I enjoyed this more-so than those books. It was the slow burn that did it. The hero and heroine don't get together until 5 years after they first met, and the hero is the alpha of the Cat Clan -that's some self-control!

However, when Wheeler found Emma she was a mess. Damaged by the one who had turned her and forced to kill him to escape, and then with no advice or support she was doing her best to survive on her own. She didn't trust anyone, especially not some stran
Kelly
Loosely connected to the Moon Trilogy series by some of the characters introduced in Black Moon. I have to say that this was my favorite story of the group. The characters felt well-rounded, the action moved along and the glimpses of the past kept me interested. I loved Wheeler for his decision to let Emma grow into herself. I thought it was very well done and it gave him a chance to learn who she was while still making me feel like they were two characters who were destined to be together. Emma ...more
Porche
I adored the fiery little heroine in this book. She was soooo strong and her terrifying history made a true champion out of her. I would love to see this one in a series, I feel the story was a bit unfinished. One can only assume what happens with Martinez' family and his little newly, forcibly turned Were. I'd like closure. Other than that, this was a daring adventure and I am warmed by the Lion's strength of character, patience and concern.
Lisa Miller Chandler
This book is related to the Moon Trilogy. I have read a few of this writer's books and find it very interesting that he goes into just enough detail about the cat clans and such live among us humans to make it seem real and possible. I love that aspect of the stories. The characters were described in a way that made me feel like i knew what i needed to know about their personalities. I found the glimpses into the past helpful in understand everyone's current state of mind. Emma had the ability, ...more
Jolie
Emma was 14 when she was kidnapped. raped and turned into a were-ocelot against her will. After her family rejects her, at 15, she runs away and survives on her own. Wheeler is a were-lion who found Emma in New Mexico and brought her back to Colorado to live with the Clan he heads. Because of her intimacy issues (understandably from being raped/held captive/rejected, he doesn't tell her that she is his life mate.

Emma, who became Wheeler's second after challenging (and beating) his old second, se
Judy
This book is not included with the Moon Trilogy but if you read them this is definitely an extra plus.

Emma was turned unwillingly when she was fourteen by a feral were ocelot. She made it on her own for six years and then one day in New Mexico Wheeler found her. He is the Alpha of the Cat Clan in Colorado. After a year she finally trusted him enough to move to the compound.

Wheeler new that Emma was his mate from the beginning. With her past though he could not force her. Now that they were final
Tiffany
This novella is part of the moon series, although Black Moon, Amber Moon and Silver Moon should be read in order and together, this novella could be a stand alone piece. I really enjoyed it. The author does an excellent job of world building is a small amount of writing.

Emma was turned into a "were" against her will, at a young age and violently. She was on her own for years before Wheeler found her. He knew she was his mate, but she was hurt and cautious due to the nature of her early years as
Shadowstorm Norwicca
This was a wonderful short novella that introduce Emma a shifter changed against her will and her family pushed her to the side as if it was her fault she was changed. Wheeler is the leader of the Cat Clan and he scented Emma on his way to a meeting. He knew she was his mate and knew he had to tread lightly for his mate had been hurt and violently attack by one of his kind. As Emma realizes that she wants to give Wheeler her heart she is taken by a humans only interested in hunting her kind for ...more
Delia
I picked this up on Amazon a few weeks ago. Harvest Moon is set in the same "world" as the moon trilogy. I'm not sure if it is because after three previous books I am already invested in this series or if it is the characters themselves but this was my favorite "moon" book so far.
Since I mentioned the characters I'd like to point out how well they were done even though this was just a novella. The Heroine is strong and determined, able to take care of herself and not wait for the cavalry to arr
Cara
I really thought this book was pretty, I would have liked it to go on more, but still very good. This is a great example and proof, you can never assume with anything.
Emma was forced into her new life at a young age, forced to kill her changer just to escape. Her family thinks she's a freak and doesn't even care when she runs away at 16.
On the run and barely making it own her own when Chris walks into her life. He knows she's his mate, and she has no idea. Knows nothing about car life, but is de
Laurie
If paranormal books are your thing, you'll probably like this little gem. It's a quick read about Emma and Wheeler. Emma is an ocelot who was forcibly changed at the age of 14 while her family was on vacation. She ended up alone and not having a clue of what she was for years before Wheeler found her. After awhile she found her place in Wheelers Clan. Emma's story is full of interesting things like fights for dominance, confusions about mating, and abductions of were's by mysterious persons. Whe ...more
Darlene
Mar 19, 2012 Darlene rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Yvensong? Cherlynn?
Recommended to Darlene by: Can't remember
Not my kind of book. Were-beings. I love cats of all kinds. Ocelots and lions, oh my! I've written this much and still can't seem to say why this isn't my kind of book. I don't like shooting and killing for power. I don't like romance books. That was my take away feeling from this book.

What, besides cats, did I like? Those proverbs at the beginning of each chapter. Oh, and I laughed out loud at the were-dove! grrrowl-tweet!

You know, honestly, the writing wasn't bad. No huge errors. The main char
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
This is a novella of approximately 33,500 words. It is paranormal romance and a companion piece to the Moon Trilogy (Black Moon, Amber Moon, and Silver Moon)

This is the book that details the story of Wheeler, the leader of the Cat Clan, and his Second, Emma.

You get more history and background on Emma than you do Wheeler but there is also a current storyline too so there is plenty of meat here for you to enjoy.

Once again, different species are Were's, not just wolves. I've read a few of this gen
Amanda
Bevill, I've said it before and I'll say it again: I adore your paranormal writing style. You somehow capture adventure, romance, and suspense all in one handful. I enjoy your creatures and now want my husband to be able to shape shift into a giant protective lion! Please don't stop writing about your wonderful and captivating paranormal world.
I feel like I'm sitting at the "BOOK BAR" and you are the bartender. I'm demanding a double! **slams hand on bar**
Kane
I have read the previous book but don't recall them vividly. I wonder if this book would have been better if I refreshed my memory...but while reading I didn't find myself confused. The book was building up to be interesting and was an easy read. I felt it had the makings of a great book (according to me) but something was missing. It didn't quire capture. But a decent easy read if you have nothing else to read.
Nook Worm
I got this as a freebie on Smashwords and started reading it to take a break from a series I was reading. I honestly could not put the book down. I had started it at about 11:30pm and stayed up till after 3am until I finished! I really loved the story line and the characters. I would love to read more about the world and lives of the Cat Clan. I definitely reccommend this for shifter fans.
Laura Campbell
I had this book on my Kindle for ages before I finally read it the other day.

It was a free Kindle book so I wasn't really expecting much but I was pleasantly surprised when it turned out to be really good!

We have some well rounded characters, a nice plot, no spelling mistakes.

All in all a good read! I'd like to see more from this these two characters in particular.
Michelle Louise
I loved this book just because you got to read wee bits of Emma and Wheeler in the Moon Trilogy. I think it is great that Emma and Wheeler got their own book. And what a book it is! It shows you how they met in Mexico all those years ago. I love reading about WereCats so this book was right up my street :) It's a must buy!
Amy
Sep 12, 2013 Amy rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: nook
I enjoyed this novella. Like the moon trilogy, it was a page turner, you just want to know what is happening enough to not put it down. Read this in a matter of hours after purchasing it. If you enjoy a bit of paranormal, this is a great, quick, read.
Marti
I read this book while recouperating from a serious illness and related surgery. I was looking for books with an element of fantasy because I wanted a temporary escape from the difficulties in my real life. This book scored on that note but none others.
Sazzle182
Lovely wee novella, read after the moon series and probably my favourite to date thanks to the slow burn and well thought out characters, despite being a novella a strong past is portrayed and I find myself loving christopher wheeler for his patience.
Trisha
I really liked this book, but was very disappointed in how short it was. I would have really liked to see more of a build up maybe from going more into depths of there backgrounds to see there love grow
Karen Davis
Love love love CL Bevill!!! So far I haven't been disappointed in anything I've read. This book's story is the same...love it! Read it and find out what I'm talking about. =)
I really liked this book, really enjoy the kick ass female character Emma and the wheeler strong sexy main man but who has a toatl soft spot for Emma. def a must read.
Denise
This was a quick adventurous read about Emma (OSOLATE sp? Were) and Wheeler (lion were) and the alpha. She is kidnapped and Wheeler comes to her rescue.
Kimmy
Definately my favorite story of the series, although it was not.directly related to the moon books it did involve some of the characters.
Marcy Prybil
This one kept my attention a lot more than the others did. But I am done with elementary writing and am ready for the big girl stuff.
Tamara
Another amazing shifter story from C L Bevill, full review at http://www.sizzlinghotbooks.net/2012/...
Michelle
Harvest moon

Emma is one bad ads cat. Christopher is one lucky Alfa to have her. now that she is save again.
  • Black Silk
  • Bound to Night (Sisters of the Moon, #1)
  • Stone's Kiss (The Avatars, #1)
  • Madison
  • Zola's Pride (Southern Arcana #2.5)
  • Tranquility (Otherkin, #2)
  • Eternity
  • Blood in the Marsh
  • The Blood That Bonds (II AM Trilogy, #1)
  • Wolf Medicine
  • A Curve of Claw (Wiccan-Were-Bear, #1)
  • Bonded (Law of the Lycans, #1)
  • Another Sip [Part 1 Intro: The Hunt] (The V V Inn)
  • The Last Vampire (Dark Season, #1)
  • The Charmer (Darklands, #1)
  • In the House of Five Dragons
  • The Warlord's Secret
  • The Queen's Blade (The Queen's Blade, #1)
C.L. Bevill has been in the U.S. Army, cleaned floors, a graphic illustrator, a therapist, and a stay at home mother. She lives in the Alabama area with her husband and daughter and keeps plugging away at the next great American novel.
More about C.L. Bevill...

Cat Clan (4 books)
  • Blood Moon (Cat Clan, #2)
  • Crescent Moon (Cat Clan, #3)
  • Hunter's Moon: A Cat Clan Novella
Bubba and the Dead Woman (Bubba Snoddy, #1) Black Moon (Moon Trilogy, #1) Veiled Eyes (Lake People, #1) Amber Moon (Moon Trilogy, #2) Silver Moon (Moon Trilogy, #3)