Start by marking “Deadly Obsession” as Want to Read:
Deadly Obsession

Deadly Obsession

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  396 ratings  ·  33 reviews
The chilling words of a killer: This is just the beginning...

Ten years ago, Lilly Carmichael left town without an explanation, breaking Braden Donnelly's heart. The death of her aunt has brought Lilly home – and face-to-face with memories she thought were long buried. Still getting over a traumatic incident from her work as an NSA agent, Lilly initially dismisses the face
Published August 1st 2011 by Carina Press

To ask other readers questions about Deadly Obsession, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deadly Obsession

Dee
Ten years ago Lilly Carmichael had left Hudson Bay and had broken Braden Donnelly's heart but had now come back home as her aunt had died. Braden was now the town sheriff and had been tracking down a serial killer and it now becomes obvious that both he and Lilly are the connection to the murders and is determined to protect her from this psychotic killer. Lilly was an NSA Analyst and field agent who had been captured and tortured a year ago and was suffering with PTSD.

Thrown back together to tr
Jamie *Gypsy Smut-a-teer*
This is just the beginning....

Okay, I'm not really even sure where to begin with this review. This book was Fan-Freaking-tastic, this I do know!!

Meet Braden

She half snorted."Are you looking for me to stroke your ego?"
"No, but I've got something else you can stroke if you're interested."

He's the sheriff of Hudson Bay. In the last year three murders have gone unsolved, if that's not frustrating enough, a fourth has just been discovered, with a note letting him know that not only is this person
Saly
Deadly Obsession was my first book by Katie Reus and I really enjoyed it. It had nice characters, a creepy villain and I liked the pace and the voice, it was simple yet engaging the book seemed to flow seamlessly.

Lilly Carmichael comes to town after her aunt died, in what she thinks is a fall but we readers are made aware of at the start is not. There is some sadistic monster gunning for Lilly, wanting her to come back home. Lilly has been through a lot, she's a NSA analyst and also a field agen
Mandi Schreiner
I love reading romantic suspense stories that have a really creepy villain. In this book, we definitely get that. We get his point of view, and he is a very bad dude. He kills, tortures, and gets sexually turned on by all that he does. But when you have a villain this nasty, the hero and heroine have to act accordingly, and this is where the majority of my problems with Deadly Obsession come into play.

Lily Carmichael comes back to her hometown ten years after she left due to the death of her aun
Jill

Sheriff Braden Donnelly has his hands full. There's been four killings in the small town of Hudson Bay, women all raped and tortured. Now his high school sweetheart is back in town for the funeral of her aunt. Lilly Carmichael works for the NSA. She's suffering from PTSD after a horrific kidnapping in Africa a year earlier. Lilly hasn't seen Braden for ten years, since she'd walked away from him without much of an explanation. There's a link though to the murders - Braden. All the victi
Christi Snow
I made the mistake of starting this book late last night. I could not put it down and stayed up half the night reading it...so good!!! Full review to come!

Full review reposted from my Smitten with Reading blog...
My Review:
This book had everything that I love in a good romantic suspense... a really evil bad guy, a great couple with lots of sexual tension, well-plotted suspense with a few twists and surprises, and a wonderful HEA.

Lilly & Braden were high school sweethearts, but she broke off t
Mrs. Badass
3Stars or C+ rating.
Quick Review

This was a well crafted Suspense book. The villain is uber creepy and psychotic. Karen Rose fans will appreciate this novel.

There isn't a lot of romance per say, so I wouldn't classify this as romantic suspense, but the sexual tension and second chance love were quite well done.

Lilly left the love of her life at eighteen after something happens to her. She left abruptly and cut all ties with Braden. It tore her up to do it.

Braden has never gotten over Lilly, in th
Sharon

Rating: 3.5/5 stars

Deadly Obsession was kindly provided to me by Netgalley for Carina Press.

Lilly Carmichael, an NSA agent is recovering from a traumatic incident incurred through her job as an analyst which left her with devastating injuries and PTSD. After receiving news of her aunt’s death she takes a few weeks leave and returns to the place she was raised, Hudson Bay to finalize the preparations for the funeral/wake.

Lilly begins to question her sanity wh
Tracy
Too Many Ills and Imps
Lilly Carmichael left Hudson Bay shortly after high school graduation ten years ago. Her leaving was a persistent source of pain and confusion to Braden Donnelly. He just couldn't understand what had gone so wrong with her, or why she'd run and never once been back. He had loved her. He'd thought she loved him. They had been planning a future together just days before her abrupt departure. Even ten years later, he still hadn't come to terms with losing her.

But ten years is
Maldivianbookreviewer
Deadly Obsession by Katie Reus is my first taste of her work and I think I am going to end up becoming an instant fan if what she can deliver with the rest of her stories is as good as this one turned out to be. Deadly Obsession is a romantic suspense that is a trifle bit dark with some vivid images of violence that makes this book exceptional in terms of the realistic edge the story delivers.

Deadly Obsession is set in the small town of Hudson Bay where a vicious and sadistic serial killer has b
Crystal ♥ RBtWBC
I really enjoyed this romantic suspense. It was a quick, easy and engaging read.

Lilly Carmichael returns to Hudson Bay after ten years for her aunt’s funeral, suffering from PTSD she thinks that she is imagining things when she sees a masked man outside her window. Little does she know that it is a serial killer that has been stalking her for years. Turning to the only man she knows can protect her, ex-boyfriend and Sherriff Braden Donnelly, they must find out who the killer is before he strike
Kaylea Cross
This is my very favorite Katie Reus book, hands down. The villain is so evil and scary, and the chemistry between the hero and heroine sizzles. I love how she portrays her heroes, alpha yet protective and loving.

I hope she has plans to write more romantic suspense books in the future along with her shifter paranormals!
Sparkymom
Creepy villain

I will start by saying that I never would have guessed who the villain turned out to be. Personally, I like that in a story. The attraction and tension between Lilly and Braden was intense. It was obvious the couple loved each other and had for a while, but there were a lot of secrets and resentments between them. Despite these issues, Braden does not hesitate to jump to Lilly's defense once he realizes she may be the target of a serial killer he has been tracking. Lilly never lets
Briana
The book as a whole was okay but I think it kind of threw you into the relationship and other aspects of the plot and expected you to go with it rather than taking the time to actually flesh out the characters and the like.
April
This is a tough one, I really like Katie Reus Erotic romances and thought I would try her Romantic Suspense. The book started off interesting, it is rare to get a part of the narrative from the bad guy's POV. And he is one evil guy, his thoughts are not for the squeamish.

The story centers on the reunited lovers Lily and Braden. I wanted to like them, I really did, but things just did not turn out that way.

Lily is suffering from PTSD and a really bad case of too-stupid-to-live. She routinely pu
A Tasty Read Book Reviews
Lilly Carmichael is forced home after ten years after the death of the aunt that had raised her. But was her aunts death a accident or was it part of a string of murders happening in her small hometown? Sheriff Braden Donnelly is not only dealing with the recent murders in his quiet little town but now Lilly has come back. Braden hasn't seen Lilly since the day she walked away from him ten years ago, but with the string of murders where everyone is tied to Braden somehow, he can't let Lilly out ...more
Kendra
Please view full review at Reader's Edyn: http://bit.ly/upp1md

Review:

So the book excerpt? That is the first chapter people! Can anyone say Holy! Crap! On! A! Cracker! I was blown away by the intensity of the story right off the first page, like WOAH! So here’s the million dollar question. Ready? Are you sure? Okay then. How is it that a book can have me so completely twisted in both a good way and a bad way? Get ready cause I fear I will end up sounding crazy and contradicting myself all over th
Nicole
Review originally posted here:

Publisher: Carina Press
Publish Date: Out Now!
How I got this book: Net Galley

This was my first suspense read by Reus, and I was both impressed and a little let down by the overall story.

Lily is an undercover field agent for the NSA, and after the death of her aunt has returned to her hometown. She is still recovering from being abducted and being held hostage by terrorists in Africa, Lily is dealing with PTSD as well as the los
Christa
I found Deadly Obsessions to be a well written romantic supsense story. I enjoyed the storyline and liked the characters. The book was suspenseful and kept me guessing. This is the first book I have read by Katie Reus, but I am eagerly anticipating more by her after reading this one.

Lily Carmichael returns to her hometown after her aunt's death to handle the funeral and other arrangements. She left the town and a serious boyfriend behind ten years earlier and has spent the last few years as an N
Sandhya
It was a okay read for me! I was confused what rating to put two or three for this book, I liked it but was a ordinary read for me, nothing special. But have to admit the suspense was little bit unexpected and the romance was good!
Souzane
absolutely loved it!
Judie
May 10, 2015 Judie added it
Entered in error.
Jamie
Let me start off by saying I like the author's writing. Her descriptions are very clear and I can see them in my mind. The storyline was good. I think some more etails would have been good but overall I liked it. I liked the characters. They were believeable. But still...there's just something missing in the story.
Anya
I liked the characters and the pacing of the story. The thing that irked me was that you get completely blind-sighted on who was the actual killer since the author didn't give any hint of what might me so when it was revealed, I was left asking...who?
Kate
Candice Crowell
Loved it! The suspense was killing me! There were secrets that kept me reading because i had to know what they were! I think the killer was a definite shock for me but i kind of seen it coming!
Dorel
The best thing about this book is the killer. He is the sickest killer out all the books I read by her so far. Without the killer's dialogue & murders this book would not be worth reading to me.
RomanceAddict
Despite the fact there wasnt enough romance/physical action between the two, it was still a romantic suspense book. And a damn good one. 4.5/5
Serena
Amazing thriller!!! Can't wait to read more by this author. Loved every thriller moment of this book.
  • Under Fire  (Under Fire #1)
  • A Just Deception (Private Protectors, #3)
  • Deadly Descent (Bagram Special Ops, #1)
  • Don't Look Back
  • Deceiving the Protector (Resurrection, #2)
  • Edge of Survival
  • Run from Fear (Dead Wrong, #3)
  • Tactical Deception (Silent Warrior, #2)
  • Fight or Flight
  • River of Eden
  • Viper's Kiss (McCormack Security Agency, #1)
  • Worth the Trip
  • Undercover Lovers
  • The Sheriff's Daughter
  • Deadly Heat (Deadly, #2)
  • Special Gifts
  • Soul Survivor (Lost Worlds, #1)
  • Crimson Shadows (Crimison, #3)
Katie Reus is the New York Times, USA Today, & IndieReader bestselling author of the Red Stone Security series, the Moon Shifter series and the Deadly Ops series. She fell in love with romance at a young age thanks to books she pilfered from her mom's stash. Years later she loves reading romance almost as much as she loves writing it. However, she didn't always know she wanted to be a writer. ...more
More about Katie Reus...
Alpha Instinct (Moon Shifter, #1) No One to Trust (Red Stone Security, #1) Danger Next Door (Red Stone Security, #2) First Surrender (The Serafina: Sin City, #1) Darkness Awakened (Darkness, #1)