Start by marking “A Quirky Christmas” as Want to Read:

A Quirky Christmas

Quirky and his friends show that even squirrels show kindness, especially at Christmas. Quirky understands someone who seems preoccupied with himself and his things. It is easy to like people who are, act and behave just like we do, harder to like those who behave differently. Real friends accept us the way we are, bad days and good.
28 pages
Published July 22nd 2011 by Bearly Tolerable Publications

To ask other readers questions about A Quirky Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Quirky Christmas

Annie Frame
Jul 24, 2011 Annie Frame rated it it was amazing
Well deserving 5 stars for William G. Bentrim! A Quirky Christmas is a must for all parents shopping basket. The story offers a beautiful connection for the young reader to embrace....a connection with the animal kingdom. The tale has everything and more, fabulous furry friends with various personalities and illustrations too! Each page gives food for thought to a young mind and lets them know it's good to be kind with a warm heart. This is a book that a child will want to read again and again ...more
Katie Bridges
Sep 02, 2011 Katie Bridges rated it it was amazing
What could be cuter than having a bunch of adorable squirrels remind us that kindness can melt the stoniest heart and make friends out of the unlikeliest of fellows? In this charming Christmas tale, we are taken into a neighborhood of squirrels and allowed a glimpse of the world through their eyes. Humans are not referred to as people. They are giants. Collecting nuts is not a pastime. It’s a calling. There is much to be learned from this friendly group of squirrels, especially when one of them ...more
Rebecca
A Quirky Christmas is a neat little story about four squirrels and how three of them are friends but the fourth one is a bit mean to the others.
I enjoyed the story of A Quirky Christmas. It was a nice simple story line that young children could follow quite easily. It’s a really nice and sweet story too. There is also a hidden message about sharing within the story. The story teaches that even though someone is mean or rude it is a good idea to be nice and share with them when they need it.
I lo
Whit Gentry
Jul 27, 2011 Whit Gentry rated it it was amazing
My three year old grandson and I read this story last night. A great story well presented to young children. There are lots of stories about life to be explored in this short story. As circumstances arise in the future, I can see using Quirky and his friends to relate how a child can look at things. Great story Great reference.

This morning we had to reread the story and then write the four friends names on them. After we did this, I could see how much better it was to recognize the players as we
Julie Barrett
Oct 27, 2016 Julie Barrett rated it really liked it
A Quirky Christmas
Children's story about a bunch of squirrels and how in the fall they collect whatever they can find for the long hard cold winter.
One day a giant comes and knocks down Reggie's home-the tree they will use for Christmas. For Reggie it means he has no home, or food or anything.
His other friends, will they come to the rescue and provide for him?
Like it best when he finds something and shares with all of them...
Lucinda
Nov 29, 2012 Lucinda rated it really liked it
A delightful, seasonal tale that highlights the true meaning of Christmas.

Another fantastic story by William G Bentrim that I thoroughly enjoyed reading, and which I urge you to put at the top of your Christmas lists this year. Complete with beautiful illustrations by Jan Button that brings the tale to life before your very eyes in vivid color, I guarantee that you will be touched by a story that warms the heart.
A quirky Christmas is a tale about a mischievous, loveable Squirrel and his friend
Barbara Smith
Sep 07, 2011 Barbara Smith rated it it was amazing
A Quirky Christmas – Not just for Christmas

Bentrim has done it again! “A Quirky Christmas: A Tale of Christmas Spirit,” by William G. Bentrim, is a delightful story for any time of year – not just for Christmas. But it would make a great gift for under the tree. It’s a story about four squirrels who display the same traits we find in people. Three of them, Quirky, Stubby and Art, are good friends. Each one has his own little idiosyncrasies but they are still good friends and overlook each other’
Lory Kaufman
Aug 29, 2011 Lory Kaufman rated it it was amazing
This is the type of book that you can read to your child or grandchild over and over again. It's a sweet story that shows how to respond to friends who have an attitude for awhile, and how to act to help them be better people. It's a book that shows how to teach from example and not be judgemental while doing that. Wow, I can't believe I got that from Mr. Bentrim's story, because he never says that. He shows that in his sweet character's actions.

I very much like the illustrations too. Jan Butto
Linda B
Aug 07, 2011 Linda B rated it it was amazing
A Quirky Christmas is a sweet story about what it means to be a true friend. The story revolves around Quirkey and his friends and their relationship with Reggie. Reggie is one of those squirrels that is selfish and difficult. The story shows the proper attitude toward those who are difficult and how important it is to show a good attitude when someone is in need. This is an important message for children to learn and one that is a good reminder for their parents.

I am not sure what the age range
An Odd1
Sep 26, 2013 An Odd1 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Delicate soft pastel pretty full page paintings illuminate sweet moral. Quirky, sometimes narrator, is one of three squirrels in a holly tree with tail-less Stubby and Art who chooses seeds by color. Reggie, however, thinks himself above them, refuses to share stash of dog biscuits. When a giant cuts down Reggie's tree for Christmas, the snob has no home or food. But 'tis the season for sharing. (view spoiler) ...more
Lisa Maddock
Jul 29, 2011 Lisa Maddock rated it it was amazing
Three things; 1. I love a story for kids with a good message and this story has one. 2. I am a big fan of animal stories, of course, and have a special place in my heart (and at my bird feeders) for squirrels. What's not to like about Quirky and his furry pals? 3. A Christmas story, warm fuzzies, sharing... I liked the book, loved the illustrations. Check it out for the special little ones in your life!
William Bentrim
Jul 24, 2011 William Bentrim rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Michelle Ella
Michelle Ella marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2014
Emily Gould
Emily Gould marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2015
Lynne
Lynne marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2016
Susanne
Susanne marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2016
Andrea
Andrea added it
Oct 25, 2016
Pamela
Pamela marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2016
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2016
I am currently working hard as an author, my 4th career. I owned and operated a convenience store for 10 years and a computer networking company for 25 years. I was a school teacher and counselor in the public schools. I am a proud husband, father and grandfather. I am someone who cares about the people around me, who wants to improve the society we all live in, who hopes on a daily basis to leave ...more
More about William G. Bentrim...