Kid Rodelo

Kid Rodelo

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  806 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Joe Harbin hadn't killed a man for a fortune in gold just to sit in prison and let Rodelo collect it. But when he and his men break out and head for the stash, they end up with a pair of unwelcome partners: Rodelo and a beautiful woman with a hidden past. To get fifty thousand dollars in gold across fifty miles of desert, the desperate band quickly learns how much they nee...more
Leather Bound, The Louis L'Amour Collection, 134 pages
Published June 1986 by Bantam Books, Inc. (first published March 1966)

To ask other readers questions about Kid Rodelo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kid Rodelo

Joyce
Edoardo Ballerini is a great narrator for this classic L'Amour western. He gets the voice right for the character--more likely to use his brains than his fists, soft-spoken, laconic, honorable. After he's released from jail, having served a year for a crime he didn't commit, he picks up the gold and heads for the coast. And if he's so honorable, why did he take the stolen gold? Unfortunately, the murderer and his pals who actually stole the gold escape prison and track him down. So he's leading...more
Schmacko
I read this, because my dad used to love Louis L’Amour westerns. I never got to know my Dad well (nor he I for that matter). Well, in reading some of his favorites, I’ve come to realize my dad was geeky, with a taste for pulp. He also loved Raymond Chandler. So, I get it now; Dad had a bent for chewy, manly crap written with too much style and swagger. (Although I still love Chandler, I admit, for this very reason.)

A couple web sites said Kid Rodelo is one of L’Amour’s best. REALLY!?!? Bwahahaha...more
Jayaprakash Satyamurthy
Louis L'Amour is one of my father's favourites, and there were a lot of his novels around the house when I was growing up. I read a couple of them as a boy; they were fun but didn't make as much of an impact on me as other authors I discovered in my parents' collection: Tolkien, Asimov, Lovecraft, Wodehouse, even Agatha Christie. This year I finally got around to reading a L'Amour and it's pretty effective for what it aims at. There's no undying prose here, nor the literary apotheosis via pulp s...more
Kit★
Grandpa gave me another bag of L'Amours but said I can't keep these ones, so just making a note. This one is set as one of my books for the name challenge in the Bookworm Buddies group (I think).
3.5 Stars Misplaced it for a week or two, but found it again and finished. I liked it quite well, the desert setting was harsh and I could picture it all too well. I liked the short timeframe of the story, the way the characters were isolated and in danger. The action never got overly exciting, but the s...more
Rodelo is relieved to be released from prison – and angry that he had to spend time there in the first place. Even harder for him to handle is the fact that, when he was first accused of the crime, none of his so-called friends had stood for his character. They’d all faded away – deserted him. But he’ll show all of them. He’ll recover the gold from where that crook, Joe Harbin, hid it, and return it to his rightful owners.

What Rodelo didn’t expect was for Harbin to escape from jail on the same d...more
wally
this here marks one of many l'amour stories i will read...the first in the ago, stationed on board the u.s.s. john s mccain, 32nd street naval station...i get on board the day before the cap'n informs ship's crew that the mccain will be no more...will be decommissioned...so much for seeing the world...saw instead mess-cooking, emptying the ship...shore duty, really, silly me for wanting more.

and...i had to go out of my way to walk on grass...non-skid, asphalt, and concrete all around...so, these...more
Lexie
This review is for ALL my Louis L'Amour books! (In order for me to put an actual review for each book by him, I would probably have to RE-read them all).But I CAN say this about his books:
I was NEVER disappointed in ANY of his books! Each one kept 100% interested, wanting to know what was going to happen next! His description of the scenery in each setting was explicit, making me able to picture it and feel like I was actually there! As you got to know each of his characters, you could feel the...more
Andrew
This is one of the best LL books I have read although I have not gotten to the Sackett series yet. I felt like I was there while reading it. Pass the canteen please cause it's hot.
Like some of his other standalone novels I would like to have the ending rewritten. It needs to be a bit more convoluted like real life. Everything ends just a tad too pat and tidy. Those darned convenient coincidences always get to me. This one was not as bad as a few of the others in that regard; just a couple detail...more
Janet
It has been a few years since I have read a Louis L'Amour book. I am glad I took the time to read this one. I enjoyed it alot.
Craig
Good suspenseful western by L'Amour
Jeff Dickison
An okay western by L'amour, but not one of his best. Once the trek begins there can really only be one possible ending. As always, well written by L'amour, but not much plot here. Recommended only to western fans.
Seth
Pretty good, classic Louis L'amour. Got a little cheesy at the end, but enjoyable. Read it in Spanish (L'amour's action is good for holding my interest), although I forget how to say "softly, bitterly"...
Danny Johnson
A very good book. L'Amour is one of my favorites.
Charles
One of my favorites. Just a very good story.
Benji Cossa
I thought the language would be funnier.
PWRL
Aug 21, 2014
  • Desert Gold
  • Hombre
  • The Shootist
  • Empire of Bones (Ashtown Burials #3)
  • Washington! (Wagons West, #9)
  • Josey Wales: Two Westerns
  • The Searchers
  • The Brethren
  • The Joy of Fearing God
  • St Agnes' Stand
  • The Princess Adelina: An Ancient Christian Tale of Beauty & Bravery
  • En Familia
-Wikipedia
More about Louis L'Amour...
Last of the Breed The Walking Drum Sackett's Land (The Sacketts, #1) Hondo The Lonesome Gods