Start by marking “The Astrology of Fate” as Want to Read:
The Astrology of Fate

The Astrology of Fate

Combining an understanding of astrological symbolism and the psychological processes involved in the pursuit of individuality, the author shares insights about how the concept of fate evolves. Through myths, fairy tales, and zodiacal signs, she shows usthis mythological journey.
Published January 1st 1986 by Weiser Books (first published January 1st 1984)

To ask other readers questions about The Astrology of Fate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Astrology of Fate

Sofia
Aug 19, 2013 Sofia rated it really liked it
Shelves: astrology
This was definitely a book I was able to deeply resonate with. Having Pluto strongly aspected in my chart as well as Scorpio as the only water sign where I have planetary placements, Liz’s tales, myths and case studies were very easy to relate to and I saw myself enjoying the journey into the underworld, albeit still more on an intellectual level (I felt the people in the case studies had a first hand experience of Pluto energies stronger than I have ever had).

Also, I thought it was great to ex
Peejay Who Once Was Minsma
Jun 10, 2015 Peejay Who Once Was Minsma rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
The title of this book might imply a certain hopelessness or a sense of being trapped by Fate. Nothing could be further from the truth. What this book reinforced for me is the knowledge that when we begin to comprehend the necessity behind our existence, there is liberation. When we get down to the bedrock of who we are, we see that our true individuality makes us participants in the journey of our life, not helpless creatures stuck in a vast spider web of someone else's making. The Astrology of ...more
Myr
Aug 19, 2012 Myr rated it it was amazing
Love this book. Alot of research and knowledge about roman and greek mythology all woven through the fine lens of a jungan scholar and an adept astrologer.
The psychological depth inwhich Liz Greene is able to penetrate and decipher human nature at its most primal makes for informative reading.
This book would be a good read for all who work in the mental health professions?
Stargazer
All Liz Greene is good stuff
Colin McPhillamy
Jul 17, 2016 Colin McPhillamy rated it it was amazing
Anyone with a more than passing interest in astrology would benefit from acquaintance with Liz Greene's books. She combines an easy writing style with some academic and intellectual heft which provides deep insight into astrological principles, yet remains accessible to all levels of understanding.
Sign by sign, myths and meanings are explored and expounded in depth and detail. This whole volume riffs on the meeting point of fate and free will.

This book is also remarkable for the personal story
Neelam Kapadia
Liz Greene has a wonderful knack for getting under the skin of each sign. Loved the myths,,especially the aries, sag, aqua n cancer ones.
The intense section on 'Pluto and the family/collective fate' strangely manages to give hope, and serenity to the individual having heavy aspects with Pluto.
The part on fate and synchronicity is a section no one would understand unless they experienced it themselves. She explains in the most simple no frills manner, the meeting of the inner subjective experie
Kira
Sep 07, 2015 Kira rated it it was amazing
Introspective and healing. The title of the book may imply a certain hopelessness or a sense of being trapped by fate. Nothing could be further from the truth. What I felt that Liz Greene did an amazing job of exploring was the knowledge that when you begin to recognize the necessity behind our existence and ALL of our experiences, what you find is liberation.
Day-v
Sep 06, 2008 Day-v rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love all of Liz Greene's books; This particular one explores the concept of fate--that in certain aspects of our life fate plays a determining role--an uncomfortable idea in psychological circles. I found it useful to examine my own beliefs about fate, and to gie more weight to the "psychological inheritance" we so unconsciously receive from our family. For astrologers, good info on the archetype of pluto.
Dee Dunckley
Aug 25, 2012 Dee Dunckley rated it really liked it
Excellent work on Pluto using astrology, mythology and psychology (including actual case studies) to explain the various ways this small but intense planet can work on the psyche, experiences and circumstances that combine to make up a person's 'fate'.
Isaac
I wasn't crazy about the lengths and details of all the myths associated with the zodiac that Liz expanded on in such great deal. However her chapters about fate, about how she became an astrologer, were awesome!
Devil
Dec 05, 2013 Devil rated it really liked it
Very compact and complex book but worth a read if you're a fan of Liz Greene or astrology. A lot can be retrieved from a careful read.
Debra
Sep 28, 2008 Debra rated it it was amazing
This book changed my perception of life and added a new dimension to my whole thought process.
Min
Apr 02, 2010 Min rated it liked it
Shelves: astrology
Archetypes and Mythology...
Ricky
Ricky rated it liked it
Sep 27, 2016
Tammy
Tammy marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2016
Sirena
Sirena rated it really liked it
Sep 18, 2016
Dave Beukema
Dave Beukema marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2016
Album Lepus
Album Lepus marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2016
Rá
marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2016
Jeff Lilly
Jeff Lilly marked it as to-read
Alison Lilly
Alison Lilly marked it as to-read
Marielle
Marielle marked it as to-read
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
俊 左
俊 左 rated it liked it
Sep 06, 2016
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2016
Kurt Albert
Kurt Albert rated it it was amazing
Sep 02, 2016
Zachary
Zachary rated it it was amazing
Sep 01, 2016
Mira Muth
Mira Muth marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2016
Erin
Erin marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2016
Trish
Trish marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2016
  • The Twelve Houses: Introduction to the Houses in Astrological Interpretation
  • Planets in Transit: Life Cycles for Living
  • Aspects in Astrology: A Guide to Understanding Planetary Relationships in the Horoscope
  • Astrology, Karma and Transformation: Inner Dimensions of the Birth Chart
  • Pluto, Volume I: The Evolutionary Journey of the Soul (Llewellyn Modern Astrology Library)
  • Predictive Astrology: The Eagle and the Lark
  • Chiron and the Healing Journey: An Astrological and Psychological Perspective
  • Karmic Astrology, Vol. 1: The Moon's Nodes and Reincarnation
  • Making the Gods Work for You: The Astrological Language of the Psyche
  • Asteroid Goddesses: The Mythology, Psychology and Astrology of the Re-Emerging Feminine
  • The Inner Sky: How to Make Wiser Choices for a More Fulfilling Life
  • New Moon Astrology: Using New Moon Power Days to Change and Revitalize Your Life
  • The Astrologer's Handbook
  • Astrology, a Cosmic Science-Op
  • The Only Way to Learn Astrology, Volume 1: Basic Principles
  • Chiron: Rainbow Bridge Between the Inner & Outer Planets
Liz Greene is held in high esteem by astrologers all over the world, professional and non-professional alike. She is a prolific author of books and various publications and has been instrumental in shaping modern psychological astrology.

She holds doctorate degrees in psychology and (as of 2010) in history and is a qualified Jungian analyst. She also holds a diploma in counselling from the Centre f
More about Liz Greene...