Start by marking “The New Chinese Astrology” as Want to Read:
The New Chinese Astrology

The New Chinese Astrology

In this new book, world-famous astrologer and best-selling author Suzanne White demystifies the formerly complicated study of the Chinese Zodiac. The easy-to-read reference guide describes each animal sign's individual characteristics, special capabilities, and particular health problems, and explains how the five Chinese elements affect it. Discover the terrible Tiger's m ...more
Published December 15th 1996 by St. Martin's Griffin (first published March 15th 1993)

To ask other readers questions about The New Chinese Astrology, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The New Chinese Astrology

Kate Smith
May 06, 2010 Kate Smith rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This is an awesome book for astrology study (Chinese form). One of the few non-fiction that made it to my favorite list.

The author covers all twelve Chinese astrological signs as well as the various elements that can also be attributed to each sign, depending on birth year. It splits up personality traits by gender and gives famous people that share each sign/element combination.

Most of the "famous" people that shared my sign/element I'd never heard of but when I looked them up they included: j
Zoe
Apr 20, 2016 Zoe rated it did not like it
Forget weather you believe in astrology or not. I'm barely past the introduction and already am convicted this a western new ager who doesn't know what she is talking about. The most obvious indicator of this being that her book notes the Cat as a zodiac sign of China. This is incorrect, the cat belongs to Vietnamese culture and takes the fourth position in their zodiac. The proper animal for a Chinese zodiac would be the rabbit. There is an entire legend about why the cat is not included by the ...more
Gaile
Jun 24, 2010 Gaile rated it it was amazing
Shelves: astrology
You don't have to believe in Astrology to enjoy this book.
You just might change your mind after reading it!
This one is better than the ones by Linda Goodman!
Sep 10, 2016 Jennifer rated it really liked it
I first read this as a teenager and still find it weirdly accurate. Entertaining and informative.
John
Sep 28, 2008 John rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Astrology buffs - Folks who like to write stories, it is a nice tool for character creating
To my way of thinking, astrology is anecdotal. My interest in examining the affects of various star alignments is purely an act of egotism. Nonetheless, books written (not about or on, rather) for the subject may serve as a reference for folks whom find pleasure in examining general personality traits and romantics whom crave the nectar of individualist symbolism. I have never been interested enough to read an astrology book cover to cover; Suzanne White's The New Chinese Astrology is no excepti ...more
James
Feb 13, 2014 James rated it it was amazing
The only chinese astrology book you need
Anthony Scarlett
Jul 28, 2016 Anthony Scarlett rated it it was amazing
Excellent reference book on Chinese Astrology.
Uncannily accurate, absolutely fascinating whenever I've checked a person's birth date with their write-up.
Great book!
Stephanie
Dec 05, 2007 Stephanie rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Astrology peeps
Shelves: favorites
This book is my new age comfort. I think it's so fun to find out the signs of all my friends and associates. Surprisingly on the mark, and Suzanne White has a real humorous approach to her writing, that makes this a great read even if you don't believe in this stuff. : )
Bernadette
Aug 20, 2012 Bernadette rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
OK I'll admit that one of my secret vices is that I am sometimes enamored of mystical things like astrology and the Tarot. This is a really great overview and I was struck by how much more accurate a description it seems than Western astrology. Fun to read as well.
Kathleen
Nov 22, 2007 Kathleen rated it it was ok
I felt that this book was more of a memoir of the author than an accurate guide to understanding Chinese Astrology signs. I prefer her other book titled just "The New Astrology" which combined eastern & western signs... without all the "me" talk.
Katherine
Mar 07, 2011 Katherine rated it liked it
I really love her snarky tone. She's most unflattering, not just to us Dragons, but to everyone. While I admit it's total nonsense, it's quite fun and I have to admit, often incredibly spot-on.
Julia
Dec 30, 2012 Julia rated it liked it
Shelves: 50-books-in-2012
Like the information...but get tired of the 'stories' to prove the point...would prefer just the informaiton.
brooke
Sep 08, 2007 brooke is currently reading it
handbook for determining outcome of all relationships, to be taken with one grain of salt of course.
Kajsa Blom
May 15, 2012 Kajsa Blom rated it really liked it
Loved the original also.
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2016
ChelseaT
ChelseaT marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2016
Stacie
Stacie marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2016
Vicky
Vicky marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2016
April Manley
April Manley rated it it was amazing
Jun 29, 2016
Mo
Mo marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2016
Kristel Ply
Kristel Ply marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2016
CA
CA rated it it was amazing
Aug 29, 2016
Luiza Baldessar
Luiza Baldessar marked it as to-read
May 15, 2016
Chelle
Chelle marked it as to-read
May 13, 2016
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
May 04, 2016
Lucía Dixon
Lucía Dixon marked it as to-read
May 02, 2016
Fraz
Fraz marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2016
Danielle Gehrmann
Danielle Gehrmann is currently reading it
Apr 03, 2016
  • The Lost Books of Merlyn: Druid Magic from the Age of Arthur
  • The Porter Rockwell Chronicles: Volume 1
  • Teachings of the Presidents of the Church: Heber J. Grant
  • Karmic Astrology: Retrogrades and Reincarnation Vol 2
  • Born on a Rotten Day: Illuminating and Coping with the Dark Side of the Zodiac
  • Astrology
  • Band of Sisters  (Band Of Sisters, #1)
  • Astrology for the Soul
  • The Medicine Wheel: Earth Astrology
  • The Book of Runes
  • The Inner Planets: Building Blocks of Personal Reality
  • Emma: Woman of Faith (Paperback)

SUZANNE WHITE (SEE BOOK TITLES BELOW PLEASE)

Author/Astrologer Suzanne White is American, but she lives in France and Buenos Aires. She has been a college professor, a fashion model, a journalist, an interpreter, a novelist, a fireworks salesperson, director of a Parisian Couture boutique, an elevator operator, a shoe salesperson, a single mother and a simultaneous translator.

White is well known
More about Suzanne White...