Start by marking “Alexander Death (The Paranormals, #3)” as Want to Read:
Alexander Death (The Paranormals, #3)

Alexander Death (The Paranormals #3)

4.12  ·  Rating Details ·  1,356 Ratings  ·  127 Reviews
While Seth searches for Jenny, Dr. Heather Reynard of the CDC unravels Seth and Jenny's secrets.

Alexander opens Jenny's mind to her deep past, and to the full horrific extent of her powers.

Torn between her feelings for Alexander and Seth, and between her past lives and her present, Jenny must prepare to face her enemies, as well as the darkness within her...
Published September 23rd 2011 by Smashwords (first published September 13th 2011)

Awakening by Lisa L. WiedmeierDaylight by Lisa L. WiedmeierCheyenne by Lisa L. WiedmeierFew Are Angels by Inger IversenPromises by Lisa L. Wiedmeier
Phatpuppy Book Covers
13th out of 131 books — 69 voters
Secrets of the Realm by Bev StoutSeptember Again by Hunter S. JonesLost In Time by Bridgitte LesleyGalactic Energies by Luca  RossiThe Fallen Star by Jessica Sorensen
Best New Indie Titles
240th out of 469 books — 614 voters

More lists with this book...

Giselle
Jan 11, 2013 Giselle rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, own, adult, horror
*Spoiler free for the series!*

This series started so innocently didn't it? I mean, we have Jenny who's a timid, broken girl with the touch of death--or disease, who keeps to herself (for good reason) being all innocent and sweet. Ha! Good one! Sweet little Jenny is no more. Her character changes tremendously between the first and third book of this series, both emotionally and mentally. Such a plot would not have thrived otherwise, It was a need, and it was done with perfection. Her growth mirro
Craig Hansen
Apr 30, 2012 Craig Hansen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Alexander Death wraps up J.L. Bryan's trilogy of novels that began in Jenny Pox and continued in Tommy Nightmare. The series, now called "The Paranormals," delivers more often than not when it comes to satisfying resolutions to character arcs.

The first half of the novel is taken up by establishing the new player introduced at the end of Tommy Nightmare, Alexander, who finally wakes Jenny up to her past lives and her almost-godlike nature. After that, the novel moves at breakneck pace toward a fi
Marisa
Dec 28, 2014 Marisa rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
This books marks significant changes in all of the characters. In this one, Jenny finds herself quickly taken under the wing of Alexander and his questionable influences. Despite myself, I was rooting for Alexander and Jenny though something seems off. He helps Jenny see into her past and the true source of her powers. That being said, be prepared for some major twists and turns! I won’t say much more because it’d be too easy to reveal too much. Originally, this was planned to be the final book ...more
Emma
Sep 25, 2011 Emma rated it liked it
In this final instalment of the Paranormals trilogy, Jenny is taken to Chiapas by Alexander, on the run from the government. Ashleigh and Tommy have escaped the chaos of the riot in Charleston undetected and Seth is trying to figure out what happened and where Jenny is.

I liked the way the story opened with a flashback to Seth's past, reconnecting the reader to him after the unfortunate conclusion of Tommy Nightmare, and the hedonistic atmosphere of the episodes with Jenny and Alexander in Mexic
Lorre
Aug 01, 2016 Lorre rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-complete
In the beginning of this book I thought having Alexander in Jenny's life was a good thing. But then bit by bit we discover how Alexander is really like and how him knowing about his past lives has shaped him. I wasn't really liking who Jenny was becoming because of Alexander.

Funny really that Alexander doesn't like Ashleigh because she's manipulative cause he's certainly a master in manipulation himself!

Alexander is an interesting charachter to read about and getting a glimpse of Jenny like she
Amanda
Mar 14, 2016 Amanda added it
This book starts off with real life issues...bullying, not fitting in, etc...and adds in a twist. Jenny is unable to touch anyone without harming them. After spending most of her school years alone, she finds someone with an opposite power to hers...a teen boy who has the power to heal. At the same time, other supernatural forces are at work and soon, things get to the point where the town Jenny lives in is destroyed and she is on the run. After causing so much destruction, her life and the life ...more
Susanna
Feb 19, 2015 Susanna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Poor Alexander

SPOILERS, but they won't mess the book up.

I love dark books, and Alexander is about as dark as you can get. I loved Jenny with her memories. She was dark, but goddess like. They are not human, why should they act it?

The have fallen great cities through time. They were around before god. Why bow to humans? I loved the worker zombies. Hell, I loved Alexander. I wish he had gotten a happier ending.

So what if Jenny and Seth had been together for a couple lifetimes? She had been with Al
Annie Chanse
Feb 08, 2015 Annie Chanse rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I love the Jenny Pox books. I've loved every one of them. I read each of them -- including this one -- in a little over a day's time simply because I can't stand to put them down. The only thing that I noticed in this book -- and in book #4 which I am currently reading -- is that J.L. Bryan REALLY needs a better editor. Something that really, REALLY, REALLY bugged me in this book was near the end. It was just a tiny little thing, but it aggravated the stew out of me, and I just kept thinking, "T ...more
Lbousson
This is the third book in the Jenny Pox book series. (AKA Paranormal Book Series.)

I really liked the first two books in this series. This one is just as good, but I feel dread as I read this series going forward. It feels like it getting darker and that’s not always a good thing.

In this book, Seth searches for Jenny, while Reynard uncovers the secrets to their powers.

A good read, but like I said…this book feels full of foreboding evil about to be unleashed.

Jenny has come a long way since book on
Nereid
Aug 28, 2015 Nereid rated it really liked it
Alexander rescued Jenny from the Hordes who wanted to destroy her thanks to Tommy and Ashleigh and he seems like a good guy but everyone in this series has a dark past. Throughout the centuries their paths have crossed with numerous outcomes and who will Jenny end up with in this lifetime. Alexander as a protector seemed genuine yet his agenda for power seemed more aligned with Ashleigh at times while Jenny had the very human concept of just wanting to be happy and live her life in peace. Good l ...more
Allison Janezic
Feb 27, 2014 Allison Janezic rated it really liked it
This is the continuing story of Jenny and Seth who have now escaped Ashleigh and a new foe Tommy. They are now separated by Ashleigh's trick and on the run from the Federal government. Alexander tells Jenny how powerful she is and how he wants to help her utilize the potential of both of their powers to become powerful and live in happiness. Alexander opens her eyes to the people she was in the past how she, and the others have crossed paths and how connected they truly are. She wants to trust h ...more
Kristilyn
I honestly don’t know why I put off reading the rest of this series past book one because now that I’m getting into the next books (and soon final book!) I am falling more and more in love with the series — and with J. L. Bryan! Seriously, the man has a mind on him and a crazy one at that! In my opinion, if you’re going to get into the Paranormals series, you have to be open to a lot of crazy things.

While the last book started off with Tommy, in this book we get a little bit of Seth’s backstory,
Maegan Provan
Jan 27, 2015 Maegan Provan rated it it was amazing
Jenny has run away with Alexander, the mysterious reincarnation of her equal, one who can raise the dead. After the riot in South Carolina, the CDC and National Security are after Jenny and the only safe place to hide is in the mountains of Central America with her new savior. Parties, a new life, and drug fueled trips to discover her past helps Jenny discover her past lives and connect with Alexander. However, is he really someone she can trust?

Seth is searching desperately to find Jenny. Sure
Sonatajessica
The first 2 books in the Paranormals series were really great, this installment though was a disappointment. Especially character development was handled extremely poorly, Tommy and Esmaralda are almost non-existent and get horrible last scene, Ashleigh and Alexander never get granted any depth but are villains by the book, Jenny herself changes her mind about things (including love) within a page. There was almost nothing left of the slow build and introspection "Jenny Pox" had.
If the mytholo
Katrina Passick Lumsden
I liked this book. I did. Just liked. I can't really rave about it except to say that I'm glad it wrapped things up in regards to the fearsome foursome that was Jenny, Seth, Ashleigh, and Alexander. I wonder if J.L. Bryan purposely left Tommy and Esmeralda's story open-ended. There's definitely room there for a spin-off story of some kind if he chose to take that route.

All in all, however, I didn't find Alexander Death nearly as engaging as the first two books in the series. In fact, I would sa
Karen Jones
Oct 23, 2011 Karen Jones rated it it was amazing
The final installment in the Pox series is pure torment. You can't stop yourself from turning the pages as fast as possible, but you fear the end as if Tommy has you by the shoulder. It's like being shoved back and forth between Tommy and Ashley:

"I love it so much." *crazy grin*
"I'm near the end!" *scream*
"I can't stop reading, it's so good." *maniacal giggle*
"The end is close!" *scream*

Jenny meets Alexander Death (although they've met before) and he sets her on a path she hasn't trod before. It
Jeanine
Sep 28, 2011 Jeanine rated it really liked it
Alexander Death is the third and final chapter in J.L. Bryan's Paranormals Series. I loved living in this amazing, horrific, and hilarious world and I am so sad that it is the end :( J.L. pretty much thought of everything imaginable when he wrote and perfected this book. I mean... Jenny on cocaine, Jenny on shrooms!!! FREAKING hilarious and BRILLIANT!

Jenny finds herself in Mexico with Alexander who has been her ally and lover in most of her previous incarnations. Alexander is determined to awak
Joey Butcher
Oct 05, 2011 Joey Butcher rated it it was amazing
At the end of Tommy Nightmare, Alexander rescues Jenny from Ashleigh and Tommy's riot in Charleston and brings her to safety in Mexico. Safety from the United States government and the friends and family that search for her, this is where he befriends Jenny and shows her not only her past lives, but everything her power is capable of. Alexander is a sexy, dead raising mobster your heart will be pounding over.

Then there's Ashleigh, still up to her old tricks in Esmeralda’s body. She's tangled up
Emma (BelleBooks)
Nov 02, 2011 Emma (BelleBooks) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
Alexander Death is the third and final book in The Paranormals series. I have to say at first I honestly didn't know how much more of this story could be told after reading the second book, Tommy Nightmare.
The book itself starts off right where we left Jenny in the previous book, on her way to Mexico with this strange new character who can raise the dead, Alexander.
As the story unfolds we find out more about Alexander and his previous lives he has spent with Jenny. Meanwhile while the two are re
Nov 27, 2011 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
This trilogy was amazing. I couldn't put it down from Jenny Pox all through Alexander Death. This is a must for all who love the paranormal. Great writing, great characters,and all around great reading.

(Complete review follows)
The Paranormals (Jenny Pox, Tommy Nightmare, Alexander Death) by JL Bryan

Okay so these are three separate books but I am not going to review each book individually because once you read Jenny Pox you will more than likely keep going until you read the last book, Alexande
Karen
Oct 31, 2011 Karen rated it it was amazing
I went into this book feeling very excited as The Paranormals has been one of my favourite ever series. I was also a little sad knowing that this was the last book.

At the end of Tommy Nightmare, which is the second book in the series, I was definitely Team Alexander and Seth had gone w-a-y down in my estimations, yet the more I read of Alexander in this final book, the more I disliked the creepy dead raiser who was trying to control Jenny just as he controlled his zombies.

I loved Jenny as I have
Jenny
Nov 16, 2011 Jenny rated it really liked it
The moment a very young Jenny Morton released her pox on a rattlesnake she hoped to turn into a playmate but instead watched in horror as it died a gruesome death she made herself a permanent fixture in our minds and hearts, the pain and vulnerability resulting from her curse so tangible we almost didn’t want to continue her story knowing things for her would inevitably get far worse before she was granted happiness. The road through the trilogy has been a dark and twisted one, Mr. Bryan’s abili ...more
Heather
Oct 11, 2011 Heather rated it it was amazing
jD
Aug 12, 2012 jD rated it it was amazing
Wow!!!

This trilogy has been one wild ride. Alexander Death was more than I expected. It's gotta be hard for any author to crank out three books that close together utilizing one core concept and a handful of key characters and turn it into perfection. I can't find a flaw in JL Bryan's vision. The man has skills.

So when last I left off, Jenny had a few new problems. Namely, Ashleigh may not actually be dead just because her body is gone. Seth may or may not be the love of her life. Tommy and Esme
Stacie ~ ninja or spy
The conclusion to the Paranormals trilogy and finally questions about who and what they are, are answered. It picks up right were Tommy Nightmare left off. Jenny is traveling with the mysterious death-dancer Alexander. Esmeralda is cocooned in her own head as Ashleigh posses her body and her and Tommy are headed away from Charleston and the plague that never happened. Seth meanwhile is still in Charleston looking for Jenny. Months progress and he still doesn't find her, hiring a private team to ...more
Ashley - The Bookish Brunette
Sep 22, 2011 Ashley - The Bookish Brunette rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2011-release
*minor spoilers from the first two books*
Alexander Death picks up exactly where we left off in Tommy Nightmare, and once again I am immensely impressed by how smoothly JL Bryan takes us from book to book!

We begin this book with Seth as a little boy, recalling the events of his older brother Carter's death. *tears* Yeah... I'm crying on page FREAKING six here! I am very emotionally involved with these characters- I don't find myself ever actually CARING this much, EVER. Maybe I should seek profes
Smash
Read this review at Smash Attack Reads! http://www.smashattackreads.com/2011/...

*SPOILERS FOR PREVIOUS BOOK. YOU’VE BEEN WARNED.*

Smashtastic Synopsis: The final installment in the Paranormals Trilogy by J.L. Bryan, Alexander Death packed a punch. At the end of Tommy Nightmare, Alexander steps in and saves Jenny’s life from a mob riot caused by Ashleigh and Tommy. She is being pummeled to death, and has been severely hurt by Seth, so she makes the only viable decision. Alexander sweeps her away t
Lizzy Lessard
I really loved Alexander in this book. He was a charmer. There were certain twists involving him that I saw coming, but it didn’t make him anymore less of a fun character. That and when Jenny was in his presence, she was FUN. I was really disappointed in Jenny at the end of the book. Not because it was out of character, but because I really preferred her other option. More FUN.

Drugged Jenny = Fun Jenny.

Sober Jenny = OMG life sucks Jenny.

The locations in this book were so vivid that I could just
Heather
Oct 15, 2011 Heather rated it it was amazing
Contains Mild Spoilers for Books 1 and 2, Jenny Pox and Tommy Nightmare in The Paranormals Series

Jenny Pox and its sequel, Tommy Nightmare , are two of my favorite paranormal books that I've ever read (click the titles for the reviews by Pushy and me). And the final book in The Paranormals trilogy, Alexander Death, and has just made the top of my list for favorite book.

Jenny Morton as lived a hard life, one where she has to avoid all human and animal contact or risk infecting those unlucky e
Loretta
Dec 16, 2011 Loretta rated it it was amazing
This book starts off with Seth, as a child. Reliving his past, when his brother Carter, 1st learned about Seth’s... touch. Taking you into that moment, when his family received that dreaded phone call. Carter had died. This was not easy for Seth. As I was reading this I was so ‘emotional’! Really, wiped a tear. All Seth wanted was to save his brother. But, it was to late.

At the ending of book #2 (Tommy Nightmare). Jenny had left with the ever mysterious Alexander. Who saved her from the riot in
  • The Arrival of Armando DeLeon (In Darkness We Must Abide, #3)
  • Heroes 'Til Curfew (Talent Chronicles, #2)
  • Downpour (Ember, #2)
  • Once Upon A Zombie Apocalypse - Kylee
  • First Plane (Hayle Coven, #10)
  • Summer Night (The Witchling, #1.5)
  • Eternal Hope (Hope, #2)
  • Death Weeps (Death, #5)
  • Glow (Zellie Wells #3)
  • Severed (Cloud Prophet Trilogy, #3)
  • Once Upon A Zombie Apocalypse- Jade
  • Unbound (The Guardian Legacies, #1)
  • Yesterday's Daughter
J.L. Bryan studied English literature at the University of Georgia and at Oxford, with a focus on English Renaissance and Romantic literature. He also studied screenwriting at UCLA. He lives in the metro Atlanta sprawl with his wife Christina, where he spends most of his day serving the toddler and animal community inside his house. He is the author of the Paranormals series and the Songs of Magic ...more
More about J.L. Bryan...

The Paranormals (4 books)
  • Jenny Pox (The Paranormals, #1)
  • Tommy Nightmare (The Paranormals, #2)
  • Jenny Plague-Bringer (The Paranormals, #4)

“I'm sticking with you, Jenny said. 'Want me to kill them?'
'No, thanks. Sweet of you to offer, though.”
8 likes
“Seth and Jenny after they've escaped Alexander in Mexico.

Seth: "Here's what we need to do. Find a flat area, like a farm, a little bit out of the way where we can spend a little time." Seth unbuttoned his black fatigues.

Jenny: "Seth, I think we have more urgent things to think about..."

Seth: "I know." He pushed his pants down to his knees. "I want to show you something.

Jenny: "I've seen it before."

Seth: "Ha ha." Seth tugged back the leg of his boxer shorts to reveal a black band around one thigh with a circular device mounted on it.”
7 likes