Start by marking “Yoke (Bound, #1)” as Want to Read:
Yoke (Bound, #1)

Yoke (Bound #1)

As far as Sophie Morgan is concerned, nothing sets her apart from other people her age, except maybe her quick temper. But when a car accident claims the life of her mother on Christmas night, Sophie comes face to face with her angelic father and learns her existence is anything but ordinary. As Sophie adjusts to her new life in California with her Aunt Celeste, she is thr ...more
Published June 28th 2011 by Createspace (first published 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Yoke, please sign up.

E.M. Ragland Yes, Yoke is book 1 of a three book series. Though the story board and chapter layout has been finalized for books 2 and 3, I am still writing book 2.…moreYes, Yoke is book 1 of a three book series. Though the story board and chapter layout has been finalized for books 2 and 3, I am still writing book 2. Work and kids have slowed me down a bit. :)(less)

E.M. Ragland
Sep 20, 2011 E.M. Ragland rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
It is rare when an author manages to take a popular topic and twist it into something new, original, and fresh. E.M. Ragland has accomplished just this in the novel YOKE. This is a tale of many levels. It transcends YA literature. This allegory blends fiction and nonfiction into one, unforgettable story that will make you look at yourself and the world differently. It is beautifully and delicately written. The characters come alive in this novel of substance. I am anxiously looking forward to th ...more
Connie Bell
Aug 30, 2011 Connie Bell rated it it was amazing
I could not put this book down and when I did I could not wait to get back to it. Finally a story that evokes emotion on many levels. E.M Ragland's choice of words and detailed description made "seeing" the story in my mind's eye so clear that I could envision it on the big screen. I cannot wait for the next book in the sequel.
May
Nov 14, 2011 May rated it really liked it
I got this book in the giveaway and I am so glad that I did! I have always love books about the supernaturals and this book is a terrific read! The protagonist Sophie is a likeable heroine and you can't help but like her. The plot is interesting and stands out among the numerous series about supernaturals. One terrific read and looking foward to more!
Nikki
Nov 22, 2011 Nikki rated it really liked it
watch out sparkly vampires and topless werewolves, there's a new monster in town! really enjoyed this book, from the gutwrenching beginning to the twisting middle and end, though i think it could do to be abit more descriptive, apart from afew butterflies, i didn't get a good sense of the love between the 2 main characters. cannot wait for the next installment in the trilogy!
Celeste Fine
Nov 04, 2011 Celeste Fine rated it it was amazing
I couldn't put this book down and can't wait to see what happens next in the series. Anyone who enjoys starcrossed lovers and historical reimaginings should read this book!
Angela
Apr 02, 2012 Angela rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Twilight, Fallen, Hush, Hush fans; people who like addictive reads
Recommended to Angela by: goodreads
Okay I loved this book! I read it in two days! (I don't usually have time for that, but for this book I made and exception) I usually don't like main characters who become obsessed with a boy that treats them so badly (at first) and an author who write stories that hinge on being Twilightesk (only similar in the beginning). However, this indie author,(I believe she is self published) Ragland surprised me. I actually enjoyed Sophie through out the whole book with the exception of one part.
Yoke
Paul Alexander
May 01, 2012 Paul Alexander rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
E.M. Ragland's debut novel is like a beautiful song you cannot get out of your head. The characters, both human and angelic, are so real their images will imprint your soul and their words will echo over and over in your mind. With one foot firmly planted in each of two totally opposing worlds, Ragland's protagonist, Sophie, struggles to solve the mystery of her life and the meaning of her existence. Ragland's writing is well researched and wonderfully executed. I highly recommend Yoke and anxio ...more
Elizabeth
Sep 08, 2012 Elizabeth rated it liked it
i really really want to read this book, but i cant find in anywhere local for me. I can only order it over the internet. I prefer reading online, or from the library and my library hasnt gotten it yet. :( Does anyone know where i can order it and read it in the browser or maybe a Nook version?
Megan
Jul 07, 2013 Megan rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! It was amazing and I can't wait for the next book. It's like hush hush but better. I've never read anything as good
Katrina
Katrina rated it it was amazing
Dec 29, 2014
Tanya
Tanya rated it did not like it
Aug 02, 2015
Dayna
Dayna rated it it was ok
Sep 23, 2011
Christelle Saint-fleur
Christelle Saint-fleur rated it it was amazing
Oct 26, 2011
Habeebat Dhu-nurayn
Habeebat Dhu-nurayn rated it it was ok
May 02, 2013
Neionie Pulido
Jun 26, 2012 Neionie Pulido rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya-chick-novels
I got the same empty feeling after reading that i did from my favorite book twilight. Enough said
Char
Char rated it it was amazing
Jul 22, 2011
Connie
Connie rated it it was amazing
Nov 04, 2011
Daylarie
Jan 05, 2013 Daylarie rated it it was amazing
Dang! Everyone needs to read this book!
Mike Nutt
Mike Nutt rated it liked it
Jun 05, 2012
Clarke
Clarke rated it really liked it
Apr 24, 2012
Megan
Megan rated it liked it
Nov 12, 2012
Bittersweet
Bittersweet rated it it was ok
Jun 28, 2013
Rebekah
Apr 17, 2012 Rebekah rated it it was amazing
dude, i LOVED it! cant wait for the next one ^.^
Lauren
Lauren rated it really liked it
Jun 19, 2013
Natasha
Natasha rated it it was amazing
Dec 11, 2011
Brittany
Brittany rated it it was amazing
Jul 14, 2014
Ellie
Ellie rated it liked it
Oct 05, 2011
Michelle Peel
Michelle Peel rated it did not like it
Jan 03, 2016
Laura rated it liked it
Apr 13, 2015
Bethani Rausch
Bethani Rausch rated it it was amazing
Oct 03, 2015
Goodreads Choice Awards 1 3 Nov 04, 2011 08:40AM
One of the best indie book trailers of 2011 1 2 Nov 03, 2011 12:54PM
  • Breath Away (Away, #2)
  • By the Pale Moonlight
  • Forbidden to Love (The Erosians, #1)
  • Deadly Dreams (Death Walker, #1)
  • Fall of Angels: The Complete Trilogy (Fall of Angels, #1-3)
  • The Modified (The Biotics Trilogy, #1)
  • Shake the World: It's Not About Finding a Job, It's About Creating a Life
  • Six Weeks to Yehidah
  • All Fall Down
  • Mr. Kill (Sergeants Sueño and Bascom, #7)
  • Zombie
  • A Safeway in Arizona: What the Gabrielle Giffords Shooting Tells Us About the Grand Canyon State and L ife in America
  • At the Heart of the Gospel: Reclaiming the Body for the New Evangelization
  • Perfect on Paper
  • Rising (Saga of the Setti, #1)
  • Anne of Hollywood
  • Celebrity, Inc.: How Famous People Make Money
  • MORE (The MORE Trilogy, #1)
Book Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AE5L6P...

Though from New Jersey, Eve Ragland currently resides in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA. She loves books of every genre, particularly YA fiction, independent films, the company of good friends, and a good meal preferably prepared by someone other than herself above all other pleasures. She hopes to some day have her own sailboat so she can travel t
More about E.M. Ragland...