Start by marking “Here She Lies” as Want to Read:
Here She Lies

Here She Lies

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  387 ratings  ·  52 reviews

WHEN ANNIE'S IDENTITY IS STOLEN...SHE RUNS BUT CANNOT HIDE.

After discovering an email revealing her husband's infidelity, Annie Milliken is shattered. Dismissing his pleas of innocence, Annie takes their baby daughter and goes to the one person she has always trusted: her twin sister, Julie. Annie and Julie soon become as close as they were growing up, spending their days...more
Published (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Here She Lies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Here She Lies

Ron Hummer
The story opens with Annie Milliken leaving her husband because she thought that she was having an affair. Taking her daughter, Lexy, with her, she decides to go live with Julie, her twin sister. From there, a woman named Zara Moklas was murdered who may lave looked like her, followed by Annie being the victim of identity theft.
Aa far as the book was concerned, it took well over 100 pages for any kind of plot to build up. At that point, that’s when Annie discovered that she was the victim of...more
Eva
One of the worst books I've ever read. It doesn't deserve the one star!
Story is predictable and cheesy. The characters are flat. This book is not worth 99 cents I paid for!
Andy Smith
I'm a guy, and therefore not a fan of "chic-lit", but I got this book in a Chic-lit Storybundle as part of a "mind-widening" exercise. For some reason I no longer remember, with nothing to go on but the names of six female authors I'd never heard of and the titles, I chose this one over the others.

I began, expecting to take a bathroom break (two fingers down the throat) before the end of the first chapter, and move on to the next and repeat the process, but one whole day and all 14 chapters late...more
Daniel J. Weber
Cons:
When you are half-way through a book and you're still asking the question, "when is the story going to start" there is a problem. The first couple chapters are supposed to hook me as a reader and make me want to continue. Apparently Lief has other ideas. Reading this book is like watching someone play the Sims. You get to watch the characters live their lives but have no control over what they do. At least if you are the one *playing* the Sims there is a sense of interactivity, but watching...more
Christine Blachford
Picked this one up in a Humble Bundle and although it got off to a really slow start, the first few chapters were so intriguing that I had to keep reading. It gradually picked up the pace and ended up being a pretty good page turner. Showing off the really awful side of identity theft, it is one of those that makes you sit up and take notice and ponder if this could happen to you.

I did think the double ending was a bit confusing. I didn’t think the extra twist was necessary, and although I’ve re...more
Barbara ★
I couldn't relate to Annie at all. There is no build up to the separation with her husband. Chapter one, first page - Annie is packed and leaving. You don't have a chance to get acquainted with her or her situation. How can you sympathize with her when you don't know what he did. This made it tough for me to get into this story. I instantly felt sorry for the husband and thought Annie was just being an over-reactive bitch. And I didn't like her twin sister, Julie a bit. She just seemed shady and...more
Kyle Wendy Skultety (gimmethatbook.com)
I gave this two stars only because while the plot itself was good; the main character was too wishy washy and totally weak. Also, there was way too much breast milk, breast pumping, milk dropping, my baby is missing omg my life is over, and did I mention the breast milk dropping? Seriously, I just skimmed over much of the final1/4 because I just wanted to find out whodunnit. Lief's next book better not have ANY babies or new moms in it.
Deb Kosteniuk
This was the last book I read by Katia Lief. This was a great look at the havoc identity theft cause a person. While I have liked the protagonists in Lief's other books more, I found Annie wishy-washy and the references to breast milk a little annoying. However, a mother who is breast feeding their child WOULD have those feelings and issue if a child was taken away from them. The author leads you to suspect the sister from the "get-go" so when the double whammy happens, you may be surprised (unl...more
Allison
Eh. I have loved all of her other books, but this one just seemed "rushed". And the things that happen in it (as far as emotions of the main character) don't seem even remotely realistic.
Kris
Didn't see that ending coming!!
Leonie
Shona Moyce
2/5 or maybe a 2.5/5. It was ok. Average. The last half of the book certainly went at a better pace than the first half and the twist in the ending was pleasantly unexpected since everything else up to that point was more predictable than the ending of Romeo and Juliet.

The slow build up in the beginning was off-putting however and the main character wasn't always believable. She over reacted to small, more neutral things yet seemed often unfazed by the more horrifying events... Her personality...more
Vicky F
When Annie (Anias) discovers evidence of her husbands infidelity her whole world is shattered. Annie ignores his pleas of innocence and fleas to her identical twins house taking their baby daughter with her. Julie, her twin is the one person she can trust. But when Annie applies for a job everything falls to pieces even further..when she is arrested for grand larceny.
The police and Annie both realise that she has been a victim of identity theft but the true scale of the crime has yet to reveal i...more
Hannah  Messler
I need to read another before I formulate an opinion about her as an author for def but this one was a perfectly enjoyable little mystery. You know by like page 40 who the murderer is but the piecing together of elements is engaging enough that you're not like OH FOR HEAVENS SAKES I KNOW WHO THE MURDERER IS AND IT'S ONLY PAGE GD 40. I am super judgy about books when I feel like the author feels like a sniffy snoot and super generous about them when I feel like the author is just like "oh hey che...more
Julie scott
I wasn't too sure about this novel as it started off very slowly but it does pickup speed and developes into a great story with some shocks and twists and turns so I ended up thoroughly enjoying this book I'm glad I didn't give it up❤❤❤
Gen
I actually enjoyed reading this much more than i did the 1st Katia Lief book I read. I think it was also the first book I've read focusing on identity theft -- which i found extremely interesting.
Vanessa Mellor
Amazing yet again, I was so eager to find out what was going to happen next, twists and turns. Excellent gripping read.
Caralyn Rubli
Knew pretty much what the ending was going to be right from the start and it was ridiculous
Alan
So unimpressed by the last few pages of this book. A explanation of what really happened and a weak conclusion. (view spoiler) This had a lot of potential, I will live with how it ended.
Wanda Bauer

I couldn't figure this one out to the very end. This was a definite page-turner.
Lindsay Allen
Totally predictable right off the bat. I thought the outcome was too obvious (knowing the twists she throws in on her other books) until the middle of the book when it was totally clear. The end had a bit of a twist, though the "bad guy" was still the "bad guy"... And kind of reminded me of Gone Girl a bit.

The theme of identity theft was so relevant and eye-opening in today's world. Glad I read this. Definitely a typical Katia Lief page-turner!
Marla
Annie leaves her husband Bobby as she believes he is having an affair. She goes to her twin sisters house. Here her life falls apart when she is arrested for grand larceny and internet fraud. Once this is cleared up she thinks things will get better however they get much worse when she is arrested for murder. Read this book to find out who the real murderer is.
Nina
This book is about the relationship of twins and a husband. Lots of twists and turns and a surprising ending. I personally did not like the ending and having said that, I do not know given the plot how else it could have ended. I would have finished the book sooner however work and sleep interfered. A real page turner.
Cori Arnold
I wanted to really believe that I didn't know who-done-it, but I did, WAY too early. I didn't like some of the really long descriptions that didn't contribute to the story. I really didn't like the main character, but I wanted to. She just whined and worried a little too much instead of doing something productive.
Tania
This is my second Katia Lief book. I struggled getting into this book but once I got into part 2 I couldnt put it down. This book makes me feel very greatful that me and my twin arent identical oh the damage that can be done to your idenity once your twin sister gets ahold of it. Best $3.45 I spent thanks Kobo.
Tara
I really like Kate Pepper books, but in the first chapter I thought I had this book all figured out. I made myself keep reading to see if I was right. For the most part I was, but some of the book still kept me interested. Disappointed in this book though.
Ellemir
A good read, but a little predictable. The characters are okay, but there is little development. A little heavy on "oh, so unexpected story twists". Maybe I'll try another book by this author someday.
Kelly
Jul 02, 2012 Kelly marked it as didnt-finish  ·  review of another edition
Didn't really grab my interest.... I'm gonna give up on this one, but will try one of her other three books at a later date. From the other reviews, it doesn't sound like I'll be missing much.
Rose
good read. i was a little frustrated with the main charcter. she was a little wimpy!! i like the other heroine's who take matters into their own hands!!
but overall a good read.
Sara
I enjoyed this book also. I think Katia Lief is a great Author, her books are intriguing and are often pageturners and hard to put down. I really like to read them, and recommmend them!
  • No One Heard Her Scream (No One, #1)
  • Unto These Hills
  • Nerves of Steel (Hart and Drake, #1)
  • The Delilah Complex (Butterfield Institute, #2)
  • Closer Than Blood
  • The Wicked Day  (The Tormay Trilogy, #3)
  • My Sister's Keeper
  • The Second Coming (Words of the Prophecy, #1)
  • Blind Spot
  • Presumed Guilty / Keeper Of The Bride
  • Strange Places (Finding Tayna, #1)
  • Jade
  • Dark Room (Pete 'Monty' Montgomery, #2)
  • Crosscut (Evan Delaney, #4)
  • The Cruelest Cut
  • Bewitching Kisses
  • Accidents Waiting to Happen
  • Judas Kiss (Taylor Jackson, #3)
The first thing I ever wrote that received any notice was a one page story for my third grade English teacher. I don't recall what the assignment was, but I somehow found myself writing about a woman at a dinner party who suddenly realizes her teeth are invisible. She sits there, wedged between two chattering guests, wondering how she will eat, how she will talk, and generally how she will get out...more
More about Katia Lief...
One Cold Night Five Days in Summer You Are Next Seven Minutes to Noon Next Time You See Me