Start by marking “Divine Nanami 1” as Want to Read:
Divine Nanami 1

Divine Nanami 1 (Kamisama Hajimemashita #1)

4.36 of 5 stars 4.36  ·  rating details  ·  13,210 ratings  ·  177 reviews
Nanami peut dire adieu à sa vie de lycéenne ordinaire : abandonnée par un père criblé de dettes, elle se retrouve à la rue. Mais le Destin lui fait rencontrer un étrange jeune homme, qui lui fait don de sa demeure. Acceptant sans réfléchir ce cadeau plus qu'insolite, Nanami ne sait pas encore que par la même occasion, elle vient d'être promue au rang de... déesse ?!

Pas fac
Mass Market Paperback, 188 pages
Published 2011 by Delcourt-Akata (first published September 19th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Divine Nanami 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Divine Nanami 1

Kat Stark

Read up to Chapter 132

Yeah, I'm obviously in an Anime/Manga mood for the last like what...two or three weeks? I went through all of Bleach, Psycho-pass, Log Horizon, Hiiro no Kakera, (even the atrocious--why the fuck did I watch it) Diabolik Lovers.

(Yes, that was in the order from most favorite to least favorite)

--and Kamisama Kiss, which of course I had to read the manga, because I loved it so much.

Typical shojo manga that reminded me a lot of Fruits Basket mainly because of forbidden romanc
Kathe L
description

Mangas are adorable! I discovered my passion of reading because of mangas, most precisely shoujos (shoujo=romance). While this manga here doesn't show the 'love' thing from the very beginning, it most definitely shows you that there is a girl, Nanami, and her familiar, Tomoe, and you can imagine for yourself it they are going to be a couple or not. That is the best part, in my opinion. Some shoujos throw the couple at your face in the very beginning, while this one leaves everything at your imag
Maria Kaye
Anyone else who's a fan of this anime/manga series feel free to fangirl/boy with me HAHAHA my favorite part of this volume has got to be when Himemiko meets Nanami for the first time and Tomoe and her fish-servant have a fight and Nanami uses the word-power-command thing to make Tomoe apologize for almost turning him into a fried fish dish. And his face is literally like (O__O) the whole time. I laughed so damn hard, and the anime made it even better.

THIS SCENE

description
Naban
This manga is absolutely adorable. I want to pinch its cheeks.

Strong heroines who are also fairly flawed make me happy inside. Nanami often makes the most hilarious of mistakes but despite everything standing in her way, her optimism and determination remained unchanged. I'm eager to see where her character will head off.

I love the love-hate relationship here between Nanami and Tomoe, no matter how typical a thing it is. Their banter had me bursting with giggles, and it was all so fucking adorab
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Who didn't think of Inuyasha when they saw the cover. Also I thought he had longer hair and not short hair. Anyway, this was something. Never heard it before though but was been hearing its good. After reading it, it was pretty good. The art and the expressions were good, hilarious at times but good. And near the end was a little adorable what with the way its drawn. So, pretty good start.
Holly Letson
I wanted to love this, since the later books are really good. But, I found it to bore me at times. And, I found myself struggling to finish it. The characters seemed pretty full of themselves, and took forever to turn around to helping one another.

This has been repeatedly recommended to me, but finishing this series is going to be place way back on the backburner for me, as I feel several series are much better reads.
Cavocorax
What's it about?: Nanami is a high school girl who suddenly finds herself homeless when her father's gambling debts lead to him losing their house, and skipping town. She helps a stranger on the street, and suddenly finds that she's become the local land-god and is responsible for a shrine (currently inhabited by 2 shrine spirits and a fox familiar named Tomoe).

Why did I read it?: I read it because my friend got me sucked into the anime version and I wanted more!

Favourite idea/part?: I just rea
Starbubbles
I really loved this. I originally planned on reading until I got over my nerves and could go to sleep, but I ended up reading till 5 in the morning because I just could not put these down. They are addictive, cute, and funny. I really cannot wait to read whatever else comes out from this series.
Kate
Nanami is orphaned and homeless after her gambling father skips town and she is evicted from her apartment. Not knowing where to go, she comes across a stranger at a park and helps him fend off a dog. Grateful for her help, he says she can have his house. She doesn't have any other options, and so she follows his written directions and comes to a shrine. Instantly she is assaulted by spirits, and it's learned that the man who "gave" her his house, also gave her his responsibility to be the god o ...more
Anastasia Antonova
Наконец-то у меня дошли руки чтобы перечитать эту замечательную мангу. В прошлый раз, я ее читала года эдак два назад, тогда было сто с копейками глав, как раз основная история закончилась. Впечатления были отличные, но я решила не читать вышедшие главы, чтобы их накопилось прилично и чтобы не мучать себя томлением. И вот, два года спустя я сорвалась, перечитав все заново, вместе с вышедшими новыми главами.
Что я могу сказать. Рисовка немного скатилась, это да. Повседневные моменты стали прорисо
Elspeth
I am enjoying this even though I find the art style a bit rough.
Bodea
Mar 18, 2015 Bodea marked it as manga-series-in-progress  ·  review of another edition
Waiting on volume 3...
Ian
A divine comedy/romance that feels like what would happen if Inuyasha and Fruit Baskets got together and created a baby manga series. This series is only rated teen so it is suggested to be around 12 or 13 before reading this series(possibly due to violence and reference to sake?)

Poor Nanami has it rough with her father skipping town and her home being repossessed leaving her homeless. What more she rescued a man with a distinctive fear of dogs and he offered her his home not telling her it is a
Theresa ♫
Sorry, this might turn into a rant.
Not about the book of course, you guys know my Theresa reviews . . . its about . . . it's about

THE FACT THAT I WAS WRITING A REVIEW AND THEN GOODREADS JUST FREAKING GLITCHED OUT ON ME . . . and deleted everything I was writing.
They should (*smiles sweetly) really (*smiles wider) really (*smiles murderously) FIX THAT.

But anyway, I guess I'll just . . . I'll just type it again. ;-; This is not the first time it's happened like that . . .
BUT ANYWAY.

This poor unfor
Curse of the Bibliophile
A love that defies time itself.

This series is just AMAZING! The humor in this story always makes me laugh and never fails to lighten my mood. The romance is sweet and perfectly paced. I also really liked the mythology and time travel aspects of this story. Very well thought out! We are given a few clues here and there, but only enough to wet my appetite before the final reveal.

Nanami is a strong heroine which is really nice to see in a shoujo manga. I like that throughout the series Nanami gets
Rayne
Review originally posted at http://www.mycutebookshelf.com/2011/1...

This manga is sort of a guilty pleasure for me. I've been reading it since it first came out and it is easily one of my favorite on-going shoujo mangas. First of all, it is hilarious. The never-ending bickering between Tomoe and Nanami has me laughing page after page and the way their relationship deepens is played out fantastically throughout the manga. In this first volume, some of the personalities might seem a little flat, b
Sinai C.
Alright! One of the cutest, cutest, cutest manga volumes I've ever read. I don't remember the last time I've read a manga like this--lately I've been reading/watching more shonen rather than shoujo fluff, so shame on me.
2 stars for the drawings. This is half if not three/quarters drawings after all. I have to say. The manga-ka has some really sweet ways of drawing, and whenever you're supposed to be feeling a tender moment, it's clearly seen with the screen tones used. I think everything is bea
EveAngelyne
Ahhh Kamisama Kiss... My love for you is endless.
*NOTE: This review is going to be for books 1 though 12 since VIZ Media doesn't release the books any faster (grrrr...) and I'm too stubborn to read them online since they're SPECIAL.*

Aigghttt so on to the review...
I actually watched the anime before I read the books and loved it, but I wanted more. I was a bit scared to be disappointed but, luckily, read the books anyways. THANK GOD. The story gets much more depth to it and keeps you completely e
Lura (The Life of Serendipity)
Nanami Momozono is alone and homeless after her dad skips town to evade his gambling debts and the debt collectors kick her out of her apartment. So when a man she's just saved from a dog offers his home, she jumps at opportunity. But it turns out that his place is a shrine taken over his job as a local deity!

Nanami has all kinds of new responsibilities she doesn't understand, dangers she's unaware of, and a cranky ex-familiar who's...actually pretty hot. What's a new-fledged godling to do?

What
Sakura Yue Michaelis
I am a sucker for 'I love you/I hate you' relationships in books, especially if there is a good reason and if there is chemistry between the 2 main characters. And that is what I found in 'Kamisama Kiss'. Again there is a master/servant relationship, something I have read a couple of times, but that so far, it is not bothersome.

Nanami, as the new Land God in this Shrine, has Tomoe, a fox yokai, as her servant. Usually I am not a fan of 'ears' (like in Loveless, Volume 1) but it suits Tomoe. Bot
Dani
The art is so beautiful, I admit I am drawn to series because I love how the story is expressed through the art. I especially love how Tomoe and the two little familiars are drawn. I love the premise, it is cute and so culturally Japanese. Chapter 3's art is especially beautiful.

The details that advance the story are very subtle and woven in that it makes for a great read. Nothing stands out but everything that happens works toward the story. It's well written as well as well drawn. The plot of
Nynavae G
Plot:

Kamisama Kiss by Julietta Suzuki is about a girl named Nanami Momozono with a dead mother and a drunken gambler for a father. One day, her father gambles away all of their money and skips town, leaving her behind without a house and no belongings. After meeting a strange man named Mikage in the park, he kisses her forehead and offers her his home and leaves. At the address he gave her, she finds an abandoned shrine. Inside the shrine are two sprites and a fox demon familiar named Tomoe. To
Knownassociate
Kamisama Kiss is adorable. It was the first manga I'd read, the one to open the door to a brand new world. Nanami is a sweet yet surprisingly strong teen-aged girl. When Nanami was very young her mother died leaving her with a neglectful father who's sole love was gambling. His gambling was as bad as his parenting apparently, because one night Nanami finds herself on the streets, homeless, due to her fathers' gambling debts. In gratitude for saving him from a little doggie, a stranger gives her ...more
Teresa
Ah, good ole' manga.

I thought my days binge reading a whole manga series was over! But alas, I found myself bringing home all the volumes I could find when I picked the first book up in the library. From there, led the voracious hunt online to read any fan translated scans and I find myself dying of agony waiting for the next chapter to be released!

This alien that lives inside me remembers them good ole' days where I used to live not three minutes walk away from the library. I remember one parti
Jenn
I will preface by saying that I love this anime, so I am completely biased on this review and it isn't surprising that I love the manga too. It is slightly different than the anime in the way the characters are drawn and a bit of the story is different, but the basics are the same. Nanami loses her home because her dad gambles everything away and ends up saving a god who then gives her his shrine to stay in, making her the new land god in the process and giving her some adorable shrine spirits a ...more
Corley
All it seems I've been reading lately is manga...but I'm in a reading slump as of late, so this is all I can read!

Anyway, I loved the Kamisama Kiss anime; absolutely adored it. And with there being a second season currently airing, my excitement for the series grew. One thing concerned me though: how much of the manga would this season cover? Because I had previously read some of the more recent manga scans, and I really enjoyed the direction it took. So, because I wasn't sure how much material
Brittany Haslbauer
WARNING! SOME SPOILERS!

If there are fans out there that loved, and still love, Rumiko Takahashi's Inuyasha, then you'll love Kamisama Hajimemashita (Kiss)! I discovered this manga earlier last year, browsing for a new shoujo to become obsessed with XD! Suzuki really hooks you with Nanami's story, and you completely fall in love with her character and how selfless and determined of a God she is! And then there's Tomoe, who reminds me so much of Inuyasha, but is also very unique with his backgroun
Ashley ventura
a teenage girl who was abanded when her father skips town to evade his gambling debts and the debt collectors kick her out of her apartment.when she saved a man from a dog offers her a home. this girl name is Nanami Momozono. little does she know his house is a shrine and Nanami has taken over his jobas a local deity. Namami has all kinds of new responsibilities she is not aware of and doesnt understand. dangers she will not know!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Michelle
Manga is a fairly new experience for me, so it's taking some getting used to. I definitely like the story/plotline.
que_bella
I thought this book really was amazing! I didn't pick up this book myself (there were spirits and stuff) but my friend had finished it and I returned the favor by taking it for the rest of the day (my manga have been taken at least twice before;).

Nanami is living a normal life. Well, as normal as one can with a gambling father. Then, just as she comes home from school, she finds a note from her father telling her he's gone and she's evicted for not having payed the bills.
So, she goes to the par
Second season announced!!!!!!!! 5 15 Feb 05, 2015 06:12AM
This series is getting DARK and INTENSE! 5 19 Sep 29, 2014 05:54PM
do you like the story of tomoe and nanami?cute isn't it? 5 19 Apr 16, 2014 12:28PM
There should be an anime!!! 29 39 May 23, 2013 12:03PM
THe anime has come out! 12 20 Dec 30, 2012 09:50PM
  • Dawn of the Arcana, Vol. 01 (Dawn of the Arcana, #1)
  • Oresama Teacher , Vol. 1
  • Hana to Akuma, Vol. 01
  • 電撃デイジー5
  • The Story of Saiunkoku, Vol. 1
  • Akagami no Shirayukihime - 赤髪の白雪姫, Vol. 01
  • Her Majesty's Dog, Volume 1
  • Happy Cafe, Vol. 1 (Happy Cafe, #1)
  • Barajou no Kiss, Vol. 01 (Barajou no Kiss, #1)
  • From Far Away, Vol. 1
  • はぴまり~Happy Marriage!?~ (1) (Happy Marriage?!, #1)
  • Shinobi Life, Vol. 01
  • Love So Life, Vol. 1 (Love So life, #1)
  • Ai Hime ~ Ai to Himegoto, Vol. 01
  • Rasetsu, Vol. 1
  • Love Attack, Volume 1
  • Strobe Edge, Vol. 1 (Strobe Edge, #1)
  • Suki-tte Ii na yo, Volume 1
Julietta Suzuki (鈴木 ジュリエッタ Suzuki Jurietta, born December 6) is a Japanese manga artist born in Fukuoka Prefecture.
Her first series, Akuma to Dolce is on hiatus, but ran in Hakusensha's Hana to Yume, while her third and current series, Kamisama Kiss is currently serialed in the same magazine.

Personal
Julietta Suzuki was born on December 6 in Fukuoka Prefecture, Japan. Her pen name comes from a char
More about Julietta Suzuki...

Kamisama Hajimemashita (1 - 10 of 22 books)
  • Kamisama Kiss, Vol. 2
  • Kamisama Kiss, Vol. 8
  • Kamisama Kiss, Vol. 9
  • Kamisama Kiss, Vol. 10
  • Kamisama Kiss, Vol. 11
Kamisama Kiss, Vol. 2 Kamisama Kiss, Vol. 3 Kamisama Kiss, Vol. 4 Kamisama Kiss, Vol. 5 Kamisama Kiss, Vol. 6