Start by marking “The Funniest Cop Stories Ever” as Want to Read:
The Funniest Cop Stories Ever

The Funniest Cop Stories Ever

2.76 of 5 stars 2.76  ·  rating details  ·  258 ratings  ·  36 reviews
Cops are the people who see and hear it all. They work at one of the world's most dangerous jobs, but it's also one of the most entertaining. When their lives are at risk¿and even when they aren't¿cops encounter constant weirdness and stupidity in human behavior. The Funniest Cop Stories Ever collects the strangest, most amusing stories about stupid crooks, bungled crimes, ...more
Kindle Edition
Published (first published September 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Funniest Cop Stories Ever, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Funniest Cop Stories Ever

Kipp Poe
racist drivel

I bought it because I love cop stories and thought this would be a fun read, the introduction the author explains that the collection is stories he has collected over the years and has edited out the foul language as courtesy to the reader? Well fine I guess I think i can handle a few foul words, but then 75% of the stories are putting down people for their educational level, their race and heritage.

I find that to be even more offensive than a book full of curse words. It gives you
Stephanie
meh. i guess if you're a cop, you'll find the humor in most of these stories. and yeah, some were pretty funny, but the majority were not. what it lacked in funny, it more than made up for in disrespect for the dead, making fun of the mentally handicapped and dissing people because of their race, ethnicity or cultural beliefs. again, maybe it's funny if you're a cop. goodness knows that, as a librarian, the most stressful things i have to deal with are paper cuts, rude patrons and the occasional ...more
Mike
Not only is it not even remotely funny, it's also poorly written, poorly rendered on Kindle and incredibly racist/misogynistic/transphobic/whatever-other-white-guilt-liberal-agenda-soap-box-outrage-du-jour. The introduction should have been a fair enough warning that it was terrible when he mentioned that he edited out the foul language because some people might find it offensive. This book really only served to make me distrust the police even more than I already did.
Ryk Stanton
Umm ... Well, it was free when I got it. Totally worth every cent.

You know what this was like? It was like a little a booklet of anecdotes you might pass around at cop parties, a collection of remembrances that can be added to year after year. Like a bunch of cops at Friday Happy Hour talking about what happened that week.

No big deal. Not a bad book. Not a really good one. Certainly not a "funniest" one. Just a book.
Paul
I gave up about a quarter of the way through. A few of the stories were funny, but most were not. And quite a few paint a picture of very intolerant police officers.

The Kindle version has formatting issues, with some missing spaces & some sections presented in a difficult-to-read font.
Kathy Addessi
Not what I expected. Not very funny.
Brandi
A couple of the stories were okay, but some of the others were rather racist and sounded rather intolerant. I gave it two stars because a couple stories made me smile, but I've seen most of these, or similar stories, in other books. Whereas a couple individual stories were rather humorous, the book, when looked at as a whole, is a sub-par attempt at humor. As a whole, I would not recommend this book to anyone.
Diane
a collection of funny cop stories told to and written by a cop. some are a little lame, and others are laugh-out-loud funny. for a freebie, this was great! and to put things in pespective, i think most professions, especially high-stress ones, need to inject a lot of humor into things or they just ouldn't make it long as cops, firemen, nurses and doctors, etc.
Suzie
This has a sum total of one really funny, interesting story in it. I know more funny cop stories than are in here. Of more interest are background items about being a cop. The author goes to some lengths to say he's tried to keep swearing out of it, but please know this is really not for kids or anyone who takes offense easily. It is the exact opposite of PC.
Mary Catherine
If I could give this zero stars, I would but readers might assume I just don't use a rating system. I do and this ranks way low. Perhaps it's because I'm not a cop nor do I really know anyone who is on the force, but I didn't laugh at any of these stories. I was definitely expecting more. I'm VERY glad I got this for free on my Kindle.
Elaine
The authors share some anecdotes of their time working for NYPD. I shared many with my husband who's had to deal with similar people so he could relate. And yes, he said he's had to laugh (in his position) as well. It's laugh or go crazy.

It wasn't amazing but I liked it. Some stories more interesting than others.
John Cress
I really enjoyed this one. It is full of funny story as one would expect from the title. There are moments were I thought did somebody really do that plus plenty of one-liners. Kind of anxious for another volume. I also liked how the author (bleep) instead if making it a guide to profanity. Well done.
Cindi
Nice collection of stories. Some better than others but still neat to read. It has always amazed me how cops can find humor in certain situations. I don't say that in a bad way. I know it's a way to cope and I respect that.

This was a nice change from what I normally read.
Edy Gies
Some of these were funny, but it would probably be funnier if I were a cop. I did find it interesting that several of these stories have been used in various tv shows and movies.

Steve Curll
As afree Kindle book, this was worth the price as a diversion, but don't pay real money for this. three or four laughs aren't worth $9.95.
Candi Sikes
Being the wife of an officer, I was not impressed...
I was expecting something comparable to the stories i hear around the dinner table.

Angel R
I really liked this book. I had a lot of funny police related stories. It will have you laughing so hard you'll cry.
Leonca
Some really funny stories combined with more racist and insensitive comments than I expected. Awkward.
Sharon Hallman
Really stories were not funny. Out of date. They need to rethink this one and re-write it.
Cathy
Funny cop stories collected all over the US. They hardly got a chuckle from me.
Naricat
Hit or miss collection. Inconsistent font on kindle edition affected readability.
Peggy Donnelly
Not really all that funny at all, unless you were there and are drunk when recalling it.
Rigo

Is not exactly what expected... Only around 5% of the stories made me smile.
Nawesa
Not my kind of humor...I got to page 18 and decided to be done with it.
Sarah Wright
Fun read. Some stories were better than others, but it was still a light read.
Susan
A couple of funny stories. I was expecting more....didn't get it from this.
Jessica
This really wasn't that good or funny... It was actually kinda boring....
April
Some of these stories are so funny that I had to read them again!!
Jen
It was a nice little freebie and some of the stories made me laugh
Maryellen
This was a great quick read. The stories were very funny!
  • Einstein's Refrigerator and Other Stories from the Flip Side of History
  • Palm Trees on the Hudson: A True Story of the Mob, Judy Garland & Interior Decorating
  • Curious Folks Ask 2: 188 Real Answers on Our Fellow Creatures, Our Planet, and Beyond
  • JFK: The CIA, Vietnam and the Plot to Assassinate John F. Kennedy
  • Double Exposure
  • I'll Be There (Angel Ridge, #4)
  • Alcatraz: A Definitive History of the Penitentiary Years
  • Chicago Lightning
  • Operatives, Spies, and Saboteurs: The Unknown Story of the Men and Women of World War II's OSS
  • Toxicity (Georgia Davis, #3)
  • Admit One: My Life in Film
  • 5 of USA's Best Trips
  • 65 Proof
  • Best Little Stories from the Civil War: More than 100 true stories
  • The Light Horseman's Daughter
  • All Fishermen Are Liars: True Tales from the Dry Dock Bar
  • How People Tick: A Guide to Over 50 Types of Difficult People and How to Handle Them
  • Julius Katz Mysteries
Tom Philbin is a writer of numerous books and has also written articles for a variety of magazines, including Parade, Woman's Day, and Reader's Digest. He lives in Centerport, New York.
More about Tom Philbin...
Killer Book of Serial Killers The Killer Book of True Crime: Incredible Stories, Facts and Trivia from the World of Murder and Mayhem The Killer Book of Cold Cases: Incredible Stories, Facts, and Trivia from the Most Baffling True Crime Cases of All Time I, Monster The Killer Book of Infamous Murders: Incredible Stories, Facts, and Trivia from the World's Most Notorious Murders