Start by marking “Every Fear (Jason Wade, #2)” as Want to Read:
Every Fear (Jason Wade, #2)

Every Fear (Jason Wade #2)

4.20  ·  Rating Details  ·  661 Ratings  ·  62 Reviews
On an ordinary morning, Maria Colson takes her baby son Dylan to the corner store. She only turns her back for a few seconds. When she looks again, the stroller is empty, and her terrified child is being shoved into a waiting van that vanishes without a trace. Settle Mirror reporter Jason Wade is under a lot of pressure to bring in a big story, and the Colson kidnapping co ...more
Published September 1st 2006 by Pinnacle

To ask other readers questions about Every Fear, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Every Fear

Cheryl
Mar 06, 2008 Cheryl rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone who enjoys suspense
4 stars for a great suspense thriller by Canadian author Rick Mofina. This is the first novel by this author that I have read and it did not disappoint me.

Every Fear explores what happens when a child is abducted and the mother is involved in a hit-and-run and left for dead. The investigation and search for the abductors is examined from all angles--from the viewpoint of a reporter, a tough police investigator, the father of the abducted child and many other characters.

If I have any criticism ab
Craig Sisterson
Mar 26, 2016 Craig Sisterson rated it really liked it
Shelves: crime, thrillers, canada
A mother takes her baby son to the store, turns her back for a moment, only to find his stroller empty. Reporter Jason Wade is under huge pressure to land a big story, and the kidnapping could be it. Meanwhile a detective investigates a grisly murder, and parallels with the kidnapping start to arise...

Much like many hyper-talented Australian and New Zealand crime writers can be hard to find instore or in the media in the northern hemisphere, Canada is packed with talented mystery wordsmiths who
Philip
Mar 29, 2012 Philip rated it really liked it
Fabulous!!!!

Every Fear is a fine example of Rick Mofina's very entertaining writing. All of his novels that I've read so far combine, in one story, Police Procedurals, Private Eye type investigations, Mystery, Suspense, a bit of Horror, with some Humour and Romance tossed in as well. The style will keep you reading and turning pages well past bedtime. Even late enough in the story that you have figured out the apparent culprit the twists will really keep your attention and for the most part ar
Mary Gilligan-Nolan
Nov 20, 2011 Mary Gilligan-Nolan rated it really liked it
The second Rick Mofina book I have read in the last few months, and another good book from him. Maria Coulson has longed for a baby for years and was told she could never have one and by some miracle, she has Dylan, who is now 4 months old. Her world revolves around him. She takes him to the store and leaves him outside in his stroller with a teenage neighbour and when the young girl leaves him for one minute, he is snatched from the street and taken in a van at high speed, Marie is seriously in ...more
Marla Madison
Great writing and an excellent story line. Jason is likable and believable as a crime reporter chasing a lead into the the kidnapping of a baby in the few seconds his mother left him alone with a clerk in front of a store while she picked up a couple items. The author takes a very overdone character--reporter fighting his editor--and makes it enjoyable. Super suspense read.
Barb
May 31, 2016 Barb rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I just realized I have already read this book. I have liked every book by Rick Mofina
Merrilyn McGloin
Book 2-Jason Wade

WHEW! What a ride! Every Fear was every bit the thriller that books 1 & 3 were. Rick Mofina knows how to grab hold of your imagination and not let go until the last sentence is completed! This book follows Jason Wade, a rookie reporter for the Seattle Mirror, as he digs in to find the stories beneath the kidnapping of a 7 month old baby and the subsequent near fatal injuring of the mother in the process. As things spiral out the trail leads to two brutal murders and leaves J
Stanley McShane
Jul 04, 2016 Stanley McShane rated it really liked it
"Every Fear" was aptly named and likely a fear of most relatively new mothers who tend to want to protect every tiny thing from happening to their baby. The problem is that with an 8 month old baby, probably at the teething stage, fussy, and out of sorts, a parent may get just the tiny bit lax in judgment. So it is with Maria Colson as she leaves her little one at the store entrance to go inside for a couple items with a clerk who has previously watched him on more than one occasion--that edge o ...more
Bev Walkling
Sep 23, 2014 Bev Walkling rated it really liked it
As with most Rick Mofina books, once I started reading it I wanted to keep on going until the story was fully told. This book is the second one featuring Jason Wade, a reporter for a Seattle newspaper struggling to stay ahead in the ratings battle for news. His boss Spangler is just plain nasty and makes it very difficult for Justin to work in a way he feels is morally and ethically sound. I apparently read the first book of the series in 2012, but only have a vague recollection of the details. ...more
Jim
Aug 29, 2015 Jim rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
The second Jason Wade book in series by author Rick Mofina, "Every Fear", is an excellent page turning thriller. More suspenseful and exciting than first book in series, this one races with action and adventure galore. Seven month old Dylan Colson is kidnapped off the sidewalk as his mother stops in a local convenience store. Mother Maria Colson dashes out of store to prevent baby from being kidnapped, but instead is hit by get away van. Badly injured Maria is in hospital fighting for her life a ...more
Kim
Jun 13, 2016 Kim rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
This book was suspenseful with different points of view coming to play. It is the story of a baby being snatched away from his mother, and the reason for the baby being taken had to do with women who had difficulty getting pregnant and having a child. The main character was a newspaper reporter who followed the story, and actually had a jump on what the police were investigating. It told the story from the reporter's point of view, as well as, the kidnapper's point of view. The interaction betwe ...more
Paul
Feb 15, 2011 Paul rated it it was amazing
Excellent, good strong characters, terrific plot, Rick Mofina keeps on getting better. A great page turner.
Kris - My Novelesque Life
Dec 08, 2014 Kris - My Novelesque Life rated it really liked it
3.5 STARS

"On an ordinary morning, Maria Colson takes her baby son Dylan to the corner store. She only turns her back for a few seconds. When she looks again, she sees his empty stroller, at the same time he is being abducted into a waiting van. Maria climbs onto the van, but is violently thrown to the road where she is left for dead as the van vanishes without a trace.

As Maria fights for her life and her anguished young husband keeps a beside vigil, The FBI and police across metro Sea-Tac and Wa
Holly Morey
Dec 18, 2015 Holly Morey rated it really liked it
The second book about Jason Wade was even better than the first. Jason works the crime desk on a Seattle paper. H e begins following the story of a couple whose baby is stolen while the mother is getting milk and bread at the corner store. She is critically injured while trying to save her baby. Jason keeps having run ins with a homicide detective named Grace, which may or may not develop into something more. There were a number of twists and I was not disappointed with the story.
Veronica Lamb
Jun 05, 2016 Veronica Lamb rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
From the very beginning you're taken for the ride of your life.

Check out the time, 4:03 am. Yep, couldn't stop until I found out what happened to Dylan. Characters are well defined. As you read each chapter you forget about the other people who are involved in finding Dylan. Then surprise, next chapter begins and you're brought on another ride of excitement and thrills. From very beginning you're taken for the ride of your life.
Mariann Lawrence
An amazing read!!

When I first started reading Every Fear I'll admit keeping up with all the different characters and their role in the story was kind of confusing but as I got further into the book it smoothed out for me. My hair was on end and it kept me on my toes, this book was that amazing!! I highly recommend this book to anybody who is interested in a good crime mystery. Rick Mofina is becoming one of my favorite authors!!!
Tulay Leonhardt
May 31, 2016 Tulay Leonhardt rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Perfect thriller.

Another excellent book by Rick Mofina, this book is as good as the first book in this series. Fast moving thriller, you'll be holding your breath and hoping for good ending. Next chapter will make you feel like jumping up and down. Jason takes his reporting very seriously, digs and finds the real story behind the story. Hope very soon he won't be going home just to feed his fish.
Evelyn M Parnell
Jun 18, 2016 Evelyn M Parnell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
Exciting Story

As usual, Rick Mofina's stories keep me riveted and anxious to keep turning to the next page. This story is very well written, without profanity that can be distracting. However, there is one scene describing a murder victim that pretty much made me wince. (You might want to skip that page.) I will definitely keep reading more of his books.
Tom Tischler
Oct 10, 2011 Tom Tischler rated it really liked it
Maria Colson takes her baby son Dylan to the corner store and has
one of the girls sweeping up outside watch him.She glances out the
window and sees him being abducted into a van. She rushes to the van but is
violently thrown to the ground and left for dead. Across the city Seattle
Mirror reporter Jason Wade is once again being pressured for a big story
and the Colson kidnapping could be it. It's a bizarre case and the pieces just
don't fit. Then Jason and his dad a private detective and former cop
Ladory
Jun 08, 2016 Ladory rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading this book very much. Someone else pointed out that the author gave us the viewpoints and commitments of all the various characters involved in this baby snatching/murder mystery. I found that to be the case, too. I will definitely continue reading Rick Mofina's books. I have already read several, and he's become one of my favorite crime writers.
Carol
May 31, 2016 Carol rated it liked it
Beverly
May 30, 2016 Beverly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A heart thumping crime thriller

If you ever wanted to step into the world of a crime reporter, this is your chance. Rick Mofina is superb in the details of a compelling case. This will keep you turning pages until the last page is read. What an emotional and riveted journey.
Harold Kasselman
Jun 30, 2016 Harold Kasselman rated it it was amazing
Rick Mofina is a great story teller and this one in particular is a page turner. This is a believable crime novel and psychological thriller. It keeps you in suspense and puzzled until the last 20% of the story and then you will be in a zone to find out what happens. Great job!
Dee Cash
May 30, 2016 Dee Cash rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excitement to spare.

Every Fear had excitement to spare. Every time you suspected something, it turned out you were wrong or maybe right to question it. If anyone has ever read one of my reviews, you know I Hate errors. I only found two in this book.
Chaplain Stanleigh Chapin
A true heart pumping mystery

One would have to be very insensitive to read this novel and not become involved. Good writing skills, characterization, intrigue, intensity that carried thorough to the end, leaving you, looking forward to the next book.
Gary Price
May 27, 2016 Gary Price rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Real Thriller

I enjoyed reading this book. The author knows how to write a very good thriller. He kept me guessing about the final outcome. I wasn't disappointed and I don't think you will be either. Give it a try if you enjoy cliffhangers.
Megan
Jun 13, 2016 Megan rated it really liked it
Got this one for free but it was pretty good. Definitely a compelling story and some interesting plot points. Too bad that the ending was rather rushed and unrealistic, and there was a gag-worthy romance subplot that was completely unnecessary.
Marissa
Jan 30, 2015 Marissa rated it really liked it
This novel was such a great read. It never gets boring as many crime books tend to and will keep the reader wanting to read more. It was well written and suspenseful, overall just a great read. Will definitely seek some more novels by this author.
Connie Davis
Jun 19, 2016 Connie Davis rated it it was amazing
This book had lots of twists and turns, and new character introduction, which was done seamlessly. It was also a very sad story, and broke my heart. Not a book easy to put down!! I even woke up at 2 in the morning to read for a bit.
Linda Look
Jul 12, 2016 Linda Look rated it it was amazing
Jason Wade is a rookie crime reporter for the Seattle Mirror. He becomes embroiled in an attempt to solve a baby kidnapping and works closely with detective Grace Garner. Fast read. Good characters. Scary plot.
  • Shell Shock: A Gus Conrad Thriller
  • The River
  • Nefarious (The Blackwell Files, #1)
  • The Silent Cradle
  • Barbara's War
  • Shadow Tag (Ray Schiller Series #2)
  • The Mark (Henry Parker, #1)
  • Left for Dead
  • Closet Confidential (A Charlotte Adams Mystery #4)
  • Corridor Man
  • The Near Death Experience (Thaddeus Murfee Legal Thrillers, #10)
  • Dead Man's Hand
  • Smoke Screen (Darcy Lynch, #2)
  • The Courtship Gift
  • Watching Amanda
  • Hail Storme: A Wyatt Storme Thriller
  • Personal Justice (Jake and Annie Lincoln, #7)
  • Final Sins
Rick Mofina is a former journalist and an award-winning author of several acclaimed thrillers. His reporting has put him face-to-face with murderers on death row in Montana and Texas. He has covered a horrific serial-killing case in California and an armored car-heist in Las Vegas, flown over Los Angeles with the LAPD Air Support Division and gone on patrol with the Royal Canadian Mounted Police n ...more
More about Rick Mofina...

Jason Wade (3 books)
  • The Dying Hour (Jason Wade, #1)
  • A Perfect Grave (Jason Wade, #3)