Start by marking “From Mom with Love: Complete Guide to Indian Cooking and Entertaining” as Want to Read:
From Mom with Love: Complete Guide to Indian Cooking and Entertaining

From Mom with Love: Complete Guide to Indian Cooking and Entertaining

4.24 of 5 stars 4.24  ·  rating details  ·  51 ratings  ·  6 reviews
From Mom with Love . . . originally written by a loving mother for her own children, is perhaps the only cookbook that contains: * 139 recipes for everyday meals that she grew up with in India, including fancy ones such as Goan Shrimp Curry and Palak Paneer * Super high protein low fat healthy recipes such as Mung Beans Dal, Sprouted Mung, Mung Beans Cheele, Scrambled Tofu ...more
Unknown Binding, 192 pages
Published June 1st 2011 by Crest Books, Inc. (first published March 31st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about From Mom with Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about From Mom with Love

Ranee
This cookbook got very good ratings on Amazon. So far I am finding it to be a wonderful resource. I have been nervous to try cooking indian food, but this author is extremely encouraging makes it possible to the novice. She includes a list of essential pantry items which I find to be the best place to begin. Her format is to cut out as much guess work as possible. From prep times, cooking times, kitchenware needed for each recipe to special cooking tips, I am very excited about this cookbook. Ca ...more
Anjali
If you love Indian food and would like to learn to make it yourself, my chachi's book is a must have. With cover and back cover photos by yours truly, how can you go wrong?
Rebecca Johnson
Well, if one dinner is any indication of quality, then this book is a winner (in this very American, unschooled-in-Indian-cooking girl's opinion). Last night I made the masala sauce (with chicken), cumin rice, tamarind chutney, and cilantro-mint chutney, and we were licking our plates. Can't wait to make more recipes!

I docked a star because the recipe organization is kind of weird: the ingredients are listed randomly, not in the order the are used, so it's easy to forget something as you're goin
Barb
I recently purchased this cookbook and have successfully made several dishes from it. Very easy to follow, but many recipes require specialty foods, such as fine milk powder, powdered coconut, besan flour and a host of dals. If you live near an Indian grocer you will probably use this cookbook a lot. Her freeze-ahead Masala base is fantastic. Also interesting was Gatte, a kind of garbanzo gnocchi. Loved the coconut chutney recipe. Still have at least 10 more recipes marked to try.
Jamie
I just received this book recently. I have already tried a couple recipes and they are delicious. The recipes are easy to follow and Pushpa offers TLC tips to help you along the way. I was looking for a book to help me learn to cook Indian food and this book is it.
Teri Temme
Love this cookbook - still a little overwhelmed with finding all the ingredients, but I also love knowing what I am ordering in an Indian restaurant :) The tips in the back and throughout the book are priceless.
Amanda Moore
Amanda Moore marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2015
James
James marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
Holly Brown
Holly Brown marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2015
Sinan
Sinan marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2014
Tabitha
Tabitha marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2014
Erica
Erica marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2014