Start by marking “Never Coming Home” as Want to Read:
Never Coming Home

Never Coming Home

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  119 ratings  ·  30 reviews
When Kaz Elmore is told her five-year-old daughter Jamie has died in a car crash, she struggles to accept that she’ll never see her little girl again. Then a stranger comes into her life offering the most dangerous substance in the world: hope.

Devlin, a security consultant and witness to the terrible accident scene, inadvertently reveals that Kaz’s daughter might not have
Published March 8th 2012 by Choc Lit (first published February 29th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Never Coming Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Never Coming Home

Jill

Six months ago Katarina (Kaz) Elmore lost her five year-old daughter, Jamie in a car accident. Devlin came across the accident outside Atlanta and held the little girl in his arms as she died. In London for his work as a security consultant, Devlin wants to contact the family to give reassurance that their daughter didn't die alone. And to quell his own curiosity as to why the family have never contacted him, the last person to see their daughter alive. But when he sees a photograph of Jamie, sh
Vicky (Books, Biscuits, and Tea)
Mar 09, 2012 Vicky (Books, Biscuits, and Tea) rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes suspense
My original review was posted at: http://www.booksbiscuitsandtea.com/20...

Do you know that feeling when even though you have to go to school or work in the morning, you still stay up until 2 a.m in order to finish a book? Now, that's what happens when you find something fantastic. And that's how it was with Never Coming Home. When I picked it up, I expected to read a romance or maybe a family drama. But boy, was I wrong. What I thought would be a family saga with a bit of suspense and with some
Louise Graham
I am always very excited to review a new book from Publishers Choc Lit. Their books are fast paced, gorgeous strong women and to die for Heroes, but this book is completely different to the others I have read. You still get the fantastic page turning story but gone are the polite ladies and romantic adventures. Evonne has written what I can only described as a suspense novel that you really don’t know where it will lead you until the final chapters.

Yes, there is romance/connection between the Ka
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://www.longandshortreviews.blogsp...

If, like me, you’re a fan of romantic suspense and had trouble finding a good one lately, I can highly recommend Never Coming Home. Sometimes it’s hard finding one with the right balance of romance and mystery but this story hits the mark there too.

Ms. Wareham did a wonderful job pulling me into the story from page one. Each chapter seemed to have a surprise that had me turning the page and wondering what would happen next.

The charact
Ella Belakovska
I read this as one of my book club's choices, as this is not something I would normally have picked up, however that is the very point of joining a book club! We initially chose it as a crime thriller which it is, to an extent, but I do agree with the reviews on here that it is probably just as comfortable in the romance section.

As a crime thriller it's an enjoyable enough romp: plenty of action and intrigue from the off with many a twist along the way. Every time you think we have reached the c
Juliet
Kaz Elmore has lost her five year old daughter in a car crash. She's still struggling to accept that she will never see Jamie again when a witness reveals to her that the child in the car may not have been her daughter. Security consultant Devlin saw the accident and has his suspicions about what really happened.

As the police won't investigate further, Devlin and Kaz take on the job themselves. The search leads them into danger, not only because of what happened to Jamie, but also because of a t
Sandra
This book was just okay. I liked the mystery part of it, but did not like the heroine. Kaz thinks her daughter has died in a car crash until Devlin arrives and tells her that he thinks it was another child who died. Her reaction, to me, is strange. I would be over the moon and thinking of nothing else but finding out the truth. Kaz's reaction was to think how hot Devlin is, and how mysterious and blah blah blah. They set out to find the little girl, and that's where the mystery comes in, which t ...more
Blodeuedd Finland
If this would have been just a thriller then perhaps not for me, even if the thrilling part was actually my fav (go figure), but anyway, it also had romance. Big yay.

The suspense part was very good, I kept asking why and how?? I thought I knew, I thought I could figure it out, but it made no sense. But even in this craziness in the end it all made sense. Some are just insane.

Kaz has gone through what no mother should have to go through, she has a lost a child. The Devlin comes along, mysterious
Lindsay (Little Reader Library)
'Who are you Devlin?...Why should I trust you?'

Never Coming Home is a romance novel with a strong hero and heroine as you might expect from publishers Choc Lit, but it is also much more; it is an intriguing and intricate mystery story too - a contemporary romantic thriller. Young Jamie Elmore went to visit her father Jeff in the USA, and was tragically killed in a car accident. Back in the UK, Jamie's mother, Katarina 'Kaz' Elmore, is still gradually coming to terms with the loss of her daughter
Tara Chevrestt
Wow. I love Choc Lit. It's a publisher whose books just work for me. Their latest is not disappointing, and just as good as I hoped it would be.

It's a thriller following a man with a shady past as some kind of secret agent and a woman who believes her daughter is dead, that she died in a car crash. The hero, Devlin, was with her daughter when she died...so they think. When he travels to England wanting to tell the girl's mother about her daughter's last moments, sparks fly between them and toget
Rhoda Baxter
Never Coming Home by Evonne Wareham
I picked this book up because 1) I trust Choc Lit as a publisher – I’m yet to read one of their books that I didn’t enjoy and 2) Evonne and I are both short listed for the Joan Hessayon Award and I felt I should check out the competition ;-).
Kaz Elmore’s daughter dies in a car crash in America (whilst visiting Kaz’s ex husband). Devlin is the man who saw the crash, called the police, and held the little girl’s hand when she died. When Devlin visits the UK for w
Sue
I really loved this book. On the ‘rave scale’ it’s right at the top in book Heaven. For me, all the genres that I enjoy reading were wrapped up in one novel; crime, suspense, mystery and romance.

I must admit I was a little concerned that a story involving a missing child, might go to places I was uncomfortable with, but I am pleased to say that none of my fears came to fruition.

Devlin and Kaz are fantastic characters. Devlin, with a very dark past, imperfect and dangerous yet at the same time co
The Commuting Bookworm
Never Coming Home by Evonne Wareham

Kaz Elmore has allowed her 5 year old daughter to go on an access visit to the US to spend time with her father, Kaz’s ex-husband. There is a tragic accident and Jamie, Kaz’s daughter is pronounced as dead at the scene.

Devlin a Security Consultant happens to be driving by and cradles a little girl whilst she dies in a car crash, on a visit to the UK he feels compelled to visit the mother Kaz and offer his condolences and reassurance that her daughter did not s
Shaz Goodwin
I really enjoyed Evonne Wareham’s writing style. Whenever we’re told a fact about one of the characters, we’re not told it as in ‘he/she is’ but it is a part of the place we are in and therefore a part of the story. The characters traits are built up a bit at a time and we can infer certain things about their personalities before we have the whole picture. The snippets of Jamie’s personality make her real to the reader, even though she is absent.

The attraction between the two leads is instantane
Lizzie Hayes
‘Never Coming Home’ by Evonne Wareham
Published by Choc Lit Ltd, March 2012. ISBN: 978-1-906931-70-4

Having sorted the job in Atlanta, security consultant, Devlin is returning to Chicago, but with his hatred of flying he decides to drive part of the way. In the wrong place at the wrong time - it depends on your point of view, but coming upon an accident, he is in time to hold the hand of a dying girl.

Six months later, his job takes him to London, the home of the young girl who died in the accident
Kirsty (Book - Love - Bug)
Whilst this is chick lit (there’s oodles of sexual tension and tanned skin to keep you dreamily staring at the page), it’s a unique type of chick lit. It isn’t a meandering love story; it’s romance combined with a gripping plot – it’s a mystery, romantic thriller.

This book is the perfect mix of romance and action with twists and turns around every corner. I found it incredibly unpredictable, and refreshingly I didn’t guess the storyline before it happened.

Evonne Wareham is a fabulous writer; th
Alison
This was recommended to me by a friend - she knew I enjoyed thrillers - and I wasn't disappointed. I was caught by the many twists and turns and loved the way we were led on several false trails, one of which which led to a dramatic ending. Yes, there were one or two expected tropes, but this is a thriller and a well-written and fast-paced one.

The past of each character is nicely unfurled, sometimes tantalisingly, so we itch to know more. Inevitably, we don't find out everything about everybody
LindyLouMac
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!

Merged review:

What a fabulous début novel, on her website welcome page the author claims to write romantic suspense, romantic thrillers, romance with a darker edge, well it is true, she does! If you like your romance with more than a dash of suspense then Evonne Wareham is going to be an author to look out for. Her next novel Out of Sight, Out of Mind is due to be published next year and I will certainly be addin
Tripfiction
Never Coming Home by Evonne Wareham is an engrossing novel from the folks at Choc Lit publishers, this book bowls along at a cracking pace, from the USA, to England and over to Italy. A storyline that twists and turns, slowing a little in its pace as it comes to the final chapters. Is Jamie, the little girl alive or is she not?

At TF we absolutely love the cover - and a lot of covers cross our path, both great and not so great. Here, the heat and sun of Italy are evoked: the shadows, the shutters
Dale Harcombe
A quick read. The mystery surrounding Kaz's daughter was well handled though I worked out early in the piece who was behind events. The romance between Devlin and Kaz I found annoying at times.If it was my child,nothing would have distracted me from finding out the truth ASAP. As someone else commented maybe the author is not a mother as some of the reactions didn't ring true. And the ending was a little too convenient.
But maybe it's just not my cup of tea. Having said that, despite my objection
Angela Britnell

Absolutely loved this book. If you're a fan of good romantic suspense with a hero to die for give this a try.
Kaz Elmore's daughter died in a car crash but then a stranger appears who claims her daughter might not have been the child killed. Devlin, a security consultant with a dark past, teams up with Kaz to investigate. As they get drawn into a web of intrigue, murder and secrets and travel across Europe the couple draw closer, against both their better judgments. The twists and turns throughou
Helen Macpherson prev mccoll
Brilliant book. Let's of twists and turns. Very exciting.
Shell Shearer Swinscoe
amazing story of love. fantastic characters loved it...
Liz Willoughby
Wow, what more can I say about this novel. A fabulous roller coaster of a story and I had no clue of the villain to the very end - amazing read. A real thriller with a sexy sizzling love story and what a hero! This novel won the Joan Hessayon New Writers Award and I can certainly see why. Evonne Wareham's next novel is on my TBR pile.
Vanessa
This book was not my cup of tea. It was too cliched for my liking although the writing itself was gripping and I did want to keep reading too the end despite finding the story itself too far fetched. I'd really like to give 2 stars for the story and 4 stars for the writing.
Danielle
First book I have read by Evonne Wareham. This book kept me gripped from the first page, the story is fast paced and the plot is very intriguing which wants to make you want to know more.
This story rattles at a fair old pace, which I enjoyed. I think Devlin makes a great hero and I love the grittiness of the story telling.
Melinda Hammond
I really enjoyed this book....great story, good action and a real page turner.
Renita D'Silva
Fast paced, easy read.
Talli Roland
What a page-turner - wow!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Run Rabbit Run (Sophie Green Mystery, #5)
  • To Turn Full Circle
  • No Such Thing as Immortality
  • The Reluctant Bride
  • A Bargain Struck
  • The Wedding Diary
Evonne was born and brought up in Wales. After living in London for many years she has now returned to the Welsh coast where she studies history and writes romantic thrillers. She was twice a finalist in the reality writing contest, American Title.

Never Coming Home is her debut novel from award winning independent publishers Choc-lit.
More about Evonne Wareham...
Out of Sight Out of Mind