Start by marking “Raul's Revenge” as Want to Read:
Raul's Revenge

Raul's Revenge

3.39  ·  Rating Details  ·  255 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
Raul's reason for revenge...

Penny seized her opportunity to save the love she and Raul shared and proposed marriage--but he turned her down flat! The misunderstandings of the past few weeks had left their mark and now Raul had got his revenge; he seemed to think Penny was nothing but a gold-digging tramp.

But of all the gifts Raul had given Penny, none could match the one s
Published July 15th 2011 by Harlequin Treasury-Harlequin Presents 90s (first published January 1st 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Raul's Revenge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Raul's Revenge

Marajean
Jul 19, 2011 Marajean rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
KatieV
I'm giving this 3.5 stars actually. The hero's temper was kinda scary. He never hits the heroine, but there are lots of instances of him using his "bone crushing" or "painful" grip on her. Then there are the nice little threats to kill her or dump her in the English channel. Like I said, he's kinda scary and that lost the book 1/2 star. But it was a wild ride and page turner otherwise.

There are also a couple of instances of forced seduction/dubious consent scenarios to be aware of. Oddly I can d
Preeti S
So read one more of Jacqueline Baird’s. I love her badly behaving asshat Hs and all that lovely angst courtesy badly treated hs. Guilty pleasure, yes. Guilty there!

This one was no different. The h/H are a live in couple. Although they hardly live in one place, the h trailing all over the world behind the busy businessman H. In fact the h has to read labels on the hotel towels to know which hotel they are staying in! The word mistress is not used but companion is thrown about, which the h suddenl
Tishke
Feb 27, 2015 Tishke rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Vanessa
Raul irritated me sometimes, but then Penny puts up w/ a lot from him. He would disrespect her, call her degrading names and act as though she was some kind of brainless wonder! Yes, it all stems back to something from his past – doesn’t it always?

After putting up w/ a lot of stuff from his former fiancée as well as Raul constant inability to trust her, Penny finally decides to cut her losses. Of course, Raul told her to go and made a smarmy comment to boot. Yet, conveniently when he comes acro
Christina
Nope. No. No way at all, never, ever, ever.

Did not finish. COULD NOT finish. Hero was a Grade A asshole. An abusive bully who treated the heroine like a spoiled brat one minute and a cheating whore the next. His behavior was abusive - he belittled her, treated her like a child, never took her side in anything, didn't believe her when she stood up for herself and accuses her of being a gold-digging whore when she proposes to him! She was better off without him! Why she didn't slam the door in hi
Jenny
Apr 28, 2015 Jenny rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: abandoned
it was ok but the hero was a cardboard character.
Liyah
Dec 04, 2014 Liyah rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This is HORRIBLE!
I tried, really really tried (I hate not finishing a book)
But i just couldn't bring myself to continue it...
I'm all for a strong H one that i a little aggressive and always gets what he wants!
But this one is completely SICK!
He gets a kick out of humiliating the h OVER AND OVER again!
And the h? She keeps coming back for it! The Only thing i liked about her is that she left the Bastard without looking back! Guess what? She's Pregnant!
She decided to raise it by herself without the
Roub
Apr 25, 2015 Roub rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
the title was misleading as it was not about revenge. it was about raul's ego. he did love penny very much but he had such a big ego dat he thought it was alright to treat her like a good-for-nothing bimbo! i was never happier than when she left him. he humiliated her so many times but she just wud come back for more until she realised she was pregnant and raul wud not marry her. it was not bcoz he did not love her but bcoz it was he who shud decide when it was time to marry. this was a big imma ...more
Nonieღserenity2bliss
One of the best Harlequin series I've ever read. The hero is passionate and possessive without coming across as arrogant and pompous. Definitely a personal favorite of mine!
Loata93
3.5 Stars. I remember this book as being one of the first that got me hooked on M&B lol #memories It is still a good one this second time round but I remembered it as this AWESOME read but reading it again I realise it was probably just above an average read. The guy was the biggest ass throughout the book and I kinda found the heroin annoying in the beginning but as time goes along you agree with her. Sad she didn't tell him about the baby before she left but the way he treated her after sh ...more
Angy
Jun 25, 2014 Angy rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
i hated the hero...
Fiona Marsden
Feb 09, 2016 Fiona Marsden rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I know I shouldn't like this story, but I do. I can't help myself.

Raul is one of those Spanish alpha heroes that has to be in control. He met Penny in London and whisks her away to become his mistress. Penny doesn't quite get this, thinking they are partners, that she is his live in girlfriend. Until a Sheikh tries to buy her to be his concubine and Raul sends her home. She leaves behind the bracelet he gave her for her birthday which was another sore point because she was hoping for an ring.

Ba
Shen
Aug 04, 2015 Shen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Overbearing Alpha Male, Pushover Penny, Secret Baby, Love Lost and Found
3.5 “My Sweet Indulgence” Stars

“But you I love more than life; without you everything else will lose it’s lustre.”

Harlequin Romance author Jacqueline Baird’s Raul’s Revenge is a serious triple threat. It’s a classic Harlequin, has an obnoxious, over the top alpha hero, and is a secret baby book, all the things that I love in a good Harlequin Presents.

Raul and Penny are in love.

Or so Penny thought until the day she proposed marriage to him, and learned that he saw her as nothing more than a go
Sahar
Dec 29, 2015 Sahar rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
One of the worst heroes, I have ever come across. I'm willing to bet that he will someday actually kill the heroine for pissing him off due to some problem he created in his head.
Jane
Jan 10, 2016 Jane rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Karen
Raul's reason for revenge... Penny seized her opportunity to save the love she and Raul shared and proposed marriage - but he turned her down flat! The misunderstandings of the past few weeks had left their mark and now Raul had got his revenge; he seemed to think Penny was nothing but a gold-digging tramp. But of all the gifts Raul had given Penny, none could match the one she took with her when she walked away from their relationship. Unbeknownst to Raul, she was carrying his child!
shewhorefusestonameherself
I read this kind of book exactly for the misunderstanding-good-grovel.

This book had zero character growth for Raul. It was just idiotic. He threatened to kill her multiple times.

I know that JB is trying to go for the 'is he dangerous' thrill, but that isn't how I saw it. He's a dangerous and emotionally childish man. And she wasn't much better.

JB has other books for this trope, so save your time on this one
Angel
3.5 stars.

I think the H should grovel more. The h is too forgiving. Almost 70% of the story, the H was like a monster to me. His mind and action is very scary, too manipulative.Suddenly at then everything is forgiven and the h believed in him. Still naive girl from start to finish!
an angsty read with no goodness.
Cherise
Aug 09, 2013 Cherise rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: harlequin
Not sure about this one. I absolutely agree with the h's own assessment of herself as a doormat. She also doesn't have much backbone in my opinion. The H is absolutely horrific, he actually did quite a few things that bordered criminal, plus you just don't get a sense that he respects h much as the author didn't offer much glimpses into his feelings via the pov of the clueless h...so was alternately horrified by his treatment of her, and exasperated by h weak character ...till towards the end, w ...more
Debby
Penny is Spanish millionaire Raul's much younger mistress. They split, and she goes to London. She has a baby, doesn't tell Raul until baby is kidnapped. It all works out, and he convinces her to marry him, but she's a wimp and STUPID.
Tia
Feb 11, 2014 Tia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute little twist but not much to the story at all...
Noor Gendy
3 stars
Mydearloverboy
Mar 01, 2014 Mydearloverboy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I felt the hero didn't redeem himself and that it was an abrupt ending...
FleurCannibale
Dec 18, 2015 FleurCannibale rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
rape, racism, abduction, rape again...
Darthvader
Aug 25, 2013 Darthvader rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
okay this book was disturbing.raul is not just an asshole but actually tries to force himself on penny.i can never see that as romantic or angsty.

„A pirate?' Raul spun to face her, one dark brow arched sardonically. 'Really, Penny!' He almost smiled. 'A Freudian slip? A subtle invite to rape and pillage, perhaps? You are getting desperate.'

no woman asks for rape.its ur mind that does it,you pervert.not cool.
Jennice
Jennice marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2016
May
May marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2016
  • A Savage Betrayal
  • The Markonos Bride
  • The Winter Heart
  • Love's Choices
  • A Lost Love
  • Rafe's Redemption
  • The Spaniard's Marriage Bargain (The Marriage Bargain, #1)
  • Public Wife, Private Mistress (Italian Husbands)
  • Edin's Embrace
  • Innocent on Her Wedding Night
  • Marriage Meltdown
Jacqueline Baird was born on the 1st of April at home in a small village Northumbria, England, UK, where she raised. She went to the local village school, and later an all-girls' grammar school where she passed the University of Oxford General Certificate of Education in various subjects. On leaving school she joined the civil service in the then Post Office department.

She met her husband Jim, whe
More about Jacqueline Baird...