Start by marking “Glass House” as Want to Read:
Glass House

Glass House

3.36  ·  Rating Details  ·  55 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Megan Davis is a smalltown civil litigator who dropped out of the world for a year after her husband died in a plane crash. Now back at her job and her house and her life, she finds herself faced with an old client, Jeremy Waldoch, who tells her a female former employee has brought a case against him.

It’s not Waldoch’s first defense. It’s not even the first defense Megan’s
Published July 21st 2011 (first published July 10th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Glass House, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Glass House

Rachel Cotterill
With a setting split between a US courtroom battle and a South African diamond mine, as this book starts out it isn't quite clear how the disparate storylines will come together. A lot of characters are introduced at almost dizzying speed, while conversely there are several passages simply laying out facts, whether about the diamond industry or the legal process. This is an odd combination, but somehow it just works, balancing out as a quick read with a very detailed setting.

One minor niggle is
Danie Cutter
Sep 03, 2011 Danie Cutter rated it liked it
Received this copy free in return for review - to be posted shortly

----------
A perfectly readable book that I can see how would appeal to the masses, but for myself therewas too much of an equal split between the story lines. I prefer a singleton or group of characters with which to associate and follow. Here the story dipped between the characters and didn't settle on one for long enough in any one burst so I didn't find myself becoming attached to any particular person.
There's also a lot of de
Cheryl
Oct 25, 2011 Cheryl rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
This seems at first to be two separate stories. Criminal attorney and still grieving widow Megan takes on a former client against a second sexual harassment charge. As she delves into the case, she begins to believe he's guilty.

In South Africa, a mine worker smuggling a large diamond out is caught, tortured and killed. We aren't told why, but one of his coworkers is actually a spy for a US agency.

When it turns out Megan's client allegedly gave several of his girl friends jewelry, we begin to sus
Christina
Aug 11, 2011 Christina rated it really liked it
I had trouble getting through this book in the beginning with several seemingly unrelated plot lines. However, as the book moved along, the author did a great job of intertwining the plots with an exciting ending that made it hard to put the book down. It was a good suspense novel in which I knew who the bad guys were throughout, but it still had suspense nonetheless. I would recommend this book to others who like suspense novels.
Susan
May 23, 2013 Susan rated it it was ok
There are two very different story lines in this book and they barely come together at the end. One story involves the owners of diamond mines in Africa while the other is about Megan Davis, a lawyer in Lawrence, Kansas. There is just too much information about how diamonds are formed, mined and sold. On top of that, the writing is often overdone and takes away from the suspense.
Paulette
Dec 18, 2011 Paulette rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
Part of this story is set in a US courtroom and part of this story is about a diamond mining company - a "glass house". I learned more about diamonds than I ever thought I would know! A lot of research here!
Beth
Aug 28, 2012 Beth rated it it was ok
Seemed like a made for TV movie you would see on TNT. *dramatic voice over* In a small courtroom thousands of miles away, who knew conflict diamonds would have such an effect...
Jack
Apr 02, 2013 Jack rated it liked it
An intriguing action thriller which gradually makes the connection between a rather unpleasant businessman in the USA and a diamond mine in South Africa.
Janet
Jul 24, 2012 Janet rated it it was ok
One of those books that I read just because I hate to stop them once I start. I knew 25% in that I should stop, I wish I would have.
Feb 01, 2012 Jennifer rated it it was ok
Had a good story but the flow of the book was all wrong and way to much non-fiction info mixed with a fiction book.
Anne Rodrigues
Anne Rodrigues marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2016
Emma
Emma marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2016
Janet Fair
Janet Fair marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2016
Carina
Carina marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2016
Marie Sha
Marie Sha rated it liked it
Jun 09, 2016
Shelby
Shelby rated it really liked it
May 22, 2016
Catherine
Catherine rated it it was ok
May 20, 2016
Errie
Errie is currently reading it
May 05, 2016
Erika M
Erika M marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2016
Jerry
Jerry marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2016
Jo Notary
Jo Notary marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2016
Patricia
Patricia marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2016
Laura marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2016
David Orbin
David Orbin marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2016
Nospin
Nospin added it
Jan 21, 2016
Kajola
Kajola marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2016
Cyna
Cyna rated it it was amazing
Feb 12, 2016