Glass House

Glass House

3.24 of 5 stars 3.24  ·  rating details  ·  37 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Megan Davis is a smalltown civil litigator who dropped out of the world for a year after her husband died in a plane crash. Now back at her job and her house and her life, she finds herself faced with an old client, Jeremy Waldoch, who tells her a female former employee has brought a case against him.

It’s not Waldoch’s first defense. It’s not even the first defense Megan’s...more
Published July 21st 2011 (first published July 10th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Glass House, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Glass House

Rachel Cotterill
With a setting split between a US courtroom battle and a South African diamond mine, as this book starts out it isn't quite clear how the disparate storylines will come together. A lot of characters are introduced at almost dizzying speed, while conversely there are several passages simply laying out facts, whether about the diamond industry or the legal process. This is an odd combination, but somehow it just works, balancing out as a quick read with a very detailed setting.

One minor niggle is...more
Danie Cutter
Received this copy free in return for review - to be posted shortly

----------
A perfectly readable book that I can see how would appeal to the masses, but for myself therewas too much of an equal split between the story lines. I prefer a singleton or group of characters with which to associate and follow. Here the story dipped between the characters and didn't settle on one for long enough in any one burst so I didn't find myself becoming attached to any particular person.
There's also a lot of de...more
Cheryl
This seems at first to be two separate stories. Criminal attorney and still grieving widow Megan takes on a former client against a second sexual harassment charge. As she delves into the case, she begins to believe he's guilty.

In South Africa, a mine worker smuggling a large diamond out is caught, tortured and killed. We aren't told why, but one of his coworkers is actually a spy for a US agency.

When it turns out Megan's client allegedly gave several of his girl friends jewelry, we begin to sus...more
Christina
I had trouble getting through this book in the beginning with several seemingly unrelated plot lines. However, as the book moved along, the author did a great job of intertwining the plots with an exciting ending that made it hard to put the book down. It was a good suspense novel in which I knew who the bad guys were throughout, but it still had suspense nonetheless. I would recommend this book to others who like suspense novels.
Susan
There are two very different story lines in this book and they barely come together at the end. One story involves the owners of diamond mines in Africa while the other is about Megan Davis, a lawyer in Lawrence, Kansas. There is just too much information about how diamonds are formed, mined and sold. On top of that, the writing is often overdone and takes away from the suspense.
Paulette
Part of this story is set in a US courtroom and part of this story is about a diamond mining company - a "glass house". I learned more about diamonds than I ever thought I would know! A lot of research here!
Beth
Seemed like a made for TV movie you would see on TNT. *dramatic voice over* In a small courtroom thousands of miles away, who knew conflict diamonds would have such an effect...
Jack
An intriguing action thriller which gradually makes the connection between a rather unpleasant businessman in the USA and a diamond mine in South Africa.
Janet
One of those books that I read just because I hate to stop them once I start. I knew 25% in that I should stop, I wish I would have.
Had a good story but the flow of the book was all wrong and way to much non-fiction info mixed with a fiction book.
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
sill
sill marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2014
Moretta (Meetta)
Moretta (Meetta) marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Vicky
Vicky marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Chris Winfield
Chris Winfield marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Wendy
Wendy marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2014
Christina Rodriguez
Christina Rodriguez marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
Marianne Stone
Marianne Stone marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2014
Christy Parker
Christy Parker marked it as to-read
May 25, 2014
Kristine Latchaw
Kristine Latchaw marked it as to-read
May 22, 2014
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
May 20, 2014
Jenn Baggett
Jenn Baggett marked it as to-read
May 15, 2014