Start by marking “Threads of Hope (Fabric of Time #1)” as Want to Read:
Threads of Hope (Fabric of Time #1)

Threads of Hope (Fabric of Time #1)

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  60 ratings  ·  18 reviews

When Kristin Eikaas arrives in America, she encounters prejudice and destructive superstition that is infecting the town. Will she have the courage to stand up for what is right—even against her own family?

The year is 1848, and Kristin Eikaas has sailed from Norway to make a new life for herself in Wisconsin. It doesn’t take long for her Uncle Lars to warn her about th
Published January 3rd 2012 by Realms

To ask other readers questions about Threads of Hope, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Threads of Hope

Carol

Andrea Boeshaar wrote a wonderful story of forgiveness, love of brotherhood in this historical fiction novel, Threads of Hope. There were two things that initially attracted me to this book; it is about immigrants and Norwegians in particular. Since I have some Norwegian immigrants, it was thrilling to learn some Norwegian words and customs and to find out why many of them came to America in the 1840s.

In 1848, Kristin Eikas leaves Norway for Green Bay Wisconsin. Her parents and siblings were all
Faye
Kristin Eikaas struggles to find footing in America, after her family dies of the smallpox, in Norway. Coming to a new land has many challenges, one of them being her lazy uncle and his feud with his neighbors the Sundbergs. Another is her attraction to Sam Sundberg.

At times the dialogue was stiffer than I would have liked, but that is my personal opinion. But the story flowed along, and was easy to follow. I liked how one of the main messages, was about how prejudices can build rifts, and hurt
Jane
Loved this story with the setting in the Wisconsin Territory before it became a state.
Maureen Timerman
I really enjoyed reading this book. The year is 1848 and Kristin Eikaas has just arrived in Wisconsin from Norway. Her Uncle Lars had written her and told her how wonderful living in America would be. She is now all alone, as her parents and brothers all died in the Small Pox epidemic two years prior.
She shared her glowing letters of the life her Uncle pictured for her in the US with her best friends family. In the end the Olsteads, John and Peder, her friend Sylvia's father and brother decided
Kav
Boeshaar has managed to capture the essence of the pioneer spirit in this engrossing historical romance. As I read, I marveled at the courage of our ancestors. They left everything that was familiar to them, including their language, in order to move to this 'promised land'.

Kristen is wide-eyed with wonder and excitement in the first pages of this book, but that all changes quickly and she soon finds herself in an impossible situation. Confused, she no longer knows who she can trust and her fee
Holly (2 Kids and Tired)
After the death of her family, Kristin Eikaas leaves Norway and arrives in Wisconsin at her uncle's farm. Anxious for a new start, Kristin quickly discovers that her uncle was less than honest about his situation and she finds herself in a difficult, abusive home. Her uncle has a deep dislike for the Sundberg family because Sam Sundberg's stepmother is Indian. Sam's father doesn't like the Sundberg's because he believes they stole silver from him years before. Yet, Kristin and Sam find themselve ...more
Juli
I received this book as a First Reads winner on Goodreads. In 1848, Kristin Eikaas leaves Norway to begin a new life in America with her Uncle's family. Things do not go as planned when she arrives. She finds herself in the midst of a hostile family situation, living in poverty, and the one friend she makes, Sam Sundberg, is off-limits due to a long-standing feud between the families. The story is a bit predictable, but it is well written. This book was especially interesting to me because I hav ...more
Didn't take me long to finish this one. I couldn't put it down. Great book!!
Venus
I think this book was more a distraction for me, than anything. I liked the idea of the feuding families; the story was written well, but I didn't feel Kristin's emotion connect to her circumstances. I think what the characters needed was a more realistic development... Kristin's sorrow was too dramatic. Sam was too plain, too perfect. As a result, I felt little to nothing for their romance.
Lisa Nelson
This is a very good book! I was able to read this in just a few hours! I like a book that ends well. The story was complete even though it is the start of a series. Kristin is a likable honest girl who has a poor reception in America. You find yourself pulling for her, hoping things will get better. I highly recommend this book and am interested in reading more books from this author.
Lyla
Loved this book. Heartwarming, full of emotion. I cried thinking of how Kristin was treated. And I cheered whenever she was with Sam. Plus, I really enjoyed the inspirational and Christian message of forgiveness and brotherhood, particularly Sam's family supporting the rights of the native tribes.
Joleen
I enjoy historical novels of struggles and success stories of immigrants. This was a good one
Diane Davis
A lovely story... set back in the 1800's about Norwegian settlers...
s
Mackenzie
Book 1 of...
**NORWEGIANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*Very good.
Mary
I loved this book and can't wait for the next one.
Sheri Bauer
Reread this, since Threads of Love is now out
Teresa Short
Enjoyed the book and the historical setting.
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2014
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
Deon
Deon marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2014
Betsy Tieperman
Betsy Tieperman marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2014
Elizabeth Kargel
Elizabeth Kargel marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2014
Dogsmom Laura
Dogsmom Laura marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2014
 Kendall [Kenny]
Kendall [Kenny] marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Ekaterina Ivanik
Ekaterina Ivanik marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
Linda Todd
Linda Todd marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
  • Mary's Blessing (McKenna's Daughters, #2)
  • Winter Promise (Seasons of the Heart #3)
  • No Safe Harbor (Edge of Freedom, #1)
  • Beside Two Rivers (Daughters of the Potomac, # 2)
  • The Anniversary Waltz: A novel
  • Through Rushing Water
  • The Heart's Journey (Stitches in Time #2)
  • A Flight of Fancy (The Daughters of Bainbridge House #2)
  • A Promise to Love (Michigan Northwoods, #2)
  • Wedded to War (Heroines Behind the Lines, #1)
  • Love Finds You in Mackinac Island, Michigan
  • Beyond Molasses Creek
  • The Heart's Frontier (The Amish of Apple Grove #1)
  • Sweeter Than Birdsong (Saddler's Legacy, #2)
  • Twice Promised (The Blue Willow Brides, #2)
  • Angel of the Cove
  • Light Under the House
  • The Wedding Kiss
Andrea Kuhn Boeshaar has been married for more than 30 years. She and her husband, Daniel, have three adult sons, daughters-in-law, and two precious grandchildren. Andrea's educational background includes the University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee, where she studied in English, and Alverno College where she studied in Professional Communications and Business Management.

Andrea has been writing stories
More about Andrea Boeshaar...
Love Finds You in Miracle, Kentucky (Love Finds You) Broken Things: Two Women. Two Pasts. One Future (Faded Photograph #1) Unwilling Warrior (Seasons of Redemption, #1) Uncertain Heart (Seasons of Redemption, #2) Unexpected Love (Seasons of Redemption, #3)