Echo Falls

Echo Falls

3.63 of 5 stars 3.63  ·  rating details  ·  95 ratings  ·  36 reviews
Running from a nightmare stalking her every move, Phoebe Martin arrives in Echo Falls hoping she has finally found a safe place to stop. But trouble has a way of catching up and soon the signs are there.

After a vicious attack in an alley, policeman Aidan O'Bryan is left with Phoebe as his only path to understanding why the Echo Falls werewolf pack - his pack - is being att...more
Published July 15th 2011 by CreateSpace

ReviewsByMolly
Nov 10, 2011 ReviewsByMolly rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to ReviewsByMolly by: Jaime
Holy werewolves, Batman! This novel, though not the first book written by this author but the first fiction title by her, was my absolute favorite shifter story so far this year! I am new to the world of paranormal, just a few months into reading them, but I have fallen in love with the genre and this is a most welcomed addition to my favorites collection!

Aidan and Pheobe. Wow. They are truly amazing characters. I loved how Aidan, the alpha werewolf, took to Pheobe the minute he rescued her. Phe...more
Krystal

This book takes the reader right into the thick of the action. Phoebe, the main character, is running away from a certain evil who the reader will meet later on in the novel. Phoebe is a tense, cautious, and slightly afraid main character. She has every right to be though, the monster that chased her was the same monster that killed her brother. Phoebe lives life carefully and always with a wary eye on the lookout. When she runs into Aidan, a real alpha man, her life becomes even more confusing....more
Tai
This book is not classified as YA (probably because the characters are older) but it is mild in its sex scenes as far as adult books go meaning that the hot and steamy parts are glossed over. So if you are looking for a paranormal book with the characters out of high school without the hot and steamy then this is the book for you.

I really enjoyed this book. It was well written in that it flowed and well thought out. There were no “Where did that come from?” plot moments. Also the as the story p...more
Maria
Narration: Third Person - Multiple

Character Development: The story mainly follows Phoebe and Aidan. Phoebe has just moved to Echo Falls. When the reader first meets her, the reader discovers that she has been running from someone for a while and that she is in danger. She first meets Aidan (who is a cop) when she is attacked. There’s an instant attraction. However, both characters have secrets. Phoebe’s traumatic past gives her trust issue and the need to keep running. But, she likes Echo Falls...more
Cheryl C.
Phoebe Martin keeps running from her past. Problem is, it keeps catching up with her. She hopes Echo Falls is finally her safe haven from the secrets she holds inside.

After Phoebe is violently attacked in an alley, policeman Aidan O'Bryan finds her to be the only path to understanding why the Echo Falls pack--his pack--is being attacked. When another pack member is killed, Phoebe is forced to confront her past before she loses everything, including Aidan.

I felt drawn in right from the moment I...more
Cheryl C.

McDougall is an excellent writer. I felt...more
Heavensent1
Echo Falls is a Paranormal Romance.

Phoebe Martin has just moved to Echo Falls; running from a past she doesn't wish to embrace. Upon her arrival, she is attacked by a huge dog and she would have been ripped to shreds if it wasn't for the heroic attributes of Aidan O'Bryan. In an off-hand, flippant manner, she brushes away the attack and Aidan's help.

Aidan, a police officer and an Alpha-male werewolf, has his own secret agenda for keeping the streets of Echo Falls safe. When a serial killer begin...more
Shari
I looked forward to this book and enjoyed it for the most part. I had a few issues with timing on revealing the important elements of the book. The book starts out with Phoebe running away from danger only to be attacked by a werewolf. Now you never see her freak out about it, which was a little weird, but then she doesn’t realize there are werewolves in town until later. You suspect what her secret it right away but it all just felt more confusing than interesting.

Aidan is a detective investiga...more
Fatima Fayez
Echo Falls, by Jaime McDougall, is a good paranormal story that I thought it was in need of further development. The story follows Phoebe Martin who is attacked in the opening chapter and wakes up to find a handsome man, Aidan, taking care of her. They have more things in common than they realize.

The first few chapters held my attention but then I found myself questioning the actions of most of the characters. I found it strange that in some situations Aidan, a policeman and werewolf, didn't se...more
Home. Love. Books.
You can see this review and others like it on my site www.UFReviews.com

Echo Falls was a quick and enjoyable read. The book centers on two main characters, Phoebe and Aidan. This book is a book that focuses on werewolves, there are no other supernatural elements within this book. That being sad this a face paced, mystery, love story, and over all small town adventure.

The book starts out with Phoebe arriving in Echo Falls, and it's quite clear from the beginning that Phoebe is on the run from som...more
Mary
My opinion:
I really enjoyed this book. Jamie had me believing anyone could be a werewolf and no one would know outside the pack. I did want to read the book till the end. So it didn’t take me long. It took me in and I had to know what was going to happen. As it turns out Phoebe is running from her ex that is trying to kill her. She has never been in a pack of her own and finds one in Echo Falls. That is only one of the reasons she doesn’t want to leave. She is also falling for Aidan and wants to...more
Christina Madison
Full review here: http://zodiacbookreviews.blogspot.com...

Phoebe Martin has been running from her brother's murderer ever since the night it happened. She moves from town to town trying to find a safe place to settle down and live without fear. She thinks she's found that place when she arrives in Echo Falls. Phoebe has found an apartment, is looking for an office to rent for her photography business, she's making friends and generally beginning to call Echo Falls home. But then the murders begi...more
Crystal ♥ RBtWBC
Echo Falls was a captivating and quick read with an intense plot that I really enjoyed!

Phoebe Martin has been on the run for months when she reaches Echo Falls, thinking she can finally find a home here. Re-establishing her photography business and being introduced to pack life, something she has never experienced before, Phoebe cautiously dreams of a future. When her past catches up with her though, Phoebe knows that she must pack up again before another innocent person is killed because of her...more
Kathy Martin
This was an exciting story about one of my favorite subjects - werewolves. Phoebe is on the run. Each time she things she has found a safe place, her pursuer finds her again and forces her to run again. He seems to delight in toying with her. When she gets to Echo Falls she is attacked and rescued by Aidan who just happens to be a policeman and the alpha of the local werewolf pack. They are instantly attracted but Phoebe doesn't want to get Aidan involved in her troubles.

Aidan has troubles of h...more
Paula Ratcliffe
This story follows Phoebe Martin and the residents of Echo Falls who have a murderer on the loose. When fellow werewolves are found murdered it's up to Aidan O'Bryan and Phoebe Martin to figure out what is going on.

Phoebe Martin has been running for so long, when she encounters Aidan O'Bryan she feels he might be the one to stop her running streak.
Phoebe quickly makes friends with Elle who is the wife of Aidan's pack mate and co-worker Will. They bond very quickly and find they have a lot in c...more
Beate
This book hits the ground running. Literally. You're thrust into the story as the heroine, Phoebe, is trying to run away from an attacker. The story is pretty high paced throughout the book. It managed to keep my attention from the very first page until I was through the last page.

Sadly, I figured out early on who was helping out the bad guy. It kind of takes away some of the excitement, but it was still an amazing read. I also figured out early on what the bad guy's 'issue' was.

What made this b...more
LuAnn
Phoebe Martin is always on the run. Every time she thinks she has gotten away from those who follow, there they are again … lurking in the shadows of her very existence. Now, as she settles in Echo Falls, she meets the one person who may be able to help her break free from the very chains that have bound her life to those who wish to see her dead.
As Phoebe falls in love with Aidan, she continually tries to find ways to protect him from the forces that threaten her. At the same time, Aidan is det...more
Marianne Petrino
This tale of werewolf love and mystery hits the floor running with a vivid opening scene of a "wolf/dog" attack. But why someone has it out for photographer "victim" Phoebe is at the crux of this story, and hunky werewolf cop Aidan and his pack in Echo Falls jump right into the fray. Future chapters do not disappoint as the story of Phoebe and Aidan unfolds with assorted plot twists and a villain who is relentless in his pursuit of Phoebe. There are also some very hot, intimate moments with the...more
Kathleen Kelly
Echo Falls is a story of Phoebe Martin who is trying to escape the horror in her past and thinks that Echo Falls is the place to do this. Until there is a Hunter who is after her. Problem is she used to live with the hunter until he found out her secret. What is her secret?? Not telling, you have to read the book. Other characters include Aidan O'Bryan who is the policeman who rescues Phoebe when she gets into a not so good situation. Aidan is not only a cop but a werewolf and he is investigatin...more
Vanessa James-brooks
Layla
Echo Falls wasn’t great and it wasn’t terrible. It was just okay. I felt like the characters weren’t fully developed and I didn’t really get a chance to like or dislike them. There wasn’t enough back-story.

Everything happened in a week to two week period of time. The characters made these supposedly deep and profound relationships within that time frame. Overall I just didn’t buy into it.

I also felt the characters didn’t make sense most of the time. Red flags going up all of the place but the p...more
R J Mckay
Ever since the night her brother was killed, Phoebe has been running. Each time the Hunter finds her. When Phoebe is attacked in the small town of Echo Falls, the intervention of Aidan, police officer and alpha leader of the local wolf pack, is the only thing that saved her. On the long ago night of her brother’s death, Phoebe’s boyfriend told her all werewolves are abominations and should be killed. But Phoebe is a lone wolf and reluctant to ask for help from the local pack. It isn’t until her...more
Mindy
Phoebe has been running from Liam since the day he found out her secret. It was the same day he killed her brother and revealed himself to be a monster. When she gets to Echo Falls she thinks she has finally found a place to stop and make a life for herself, but she finds she isn’t as safe as she thought. However she has made friends, and they promise to make her part of their family. Unfortunately her presence costs one of them their life. Phoebe takes a stand, but is it too late?

There were man...more
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
I got this for two reasons - 1) it was free and 2) I like paranormal romance. I can quite honestly say that I'm very glad that I did and have sat down and read it in a couple of hours as I wanted to find out what happened!

I loved the storyline in it and even though I knew who the "traitor" was, it in no way diminished my enjoyment of the story as a whole. I loved how Phoebe's story was told throughout the book and how Aidan was trying to get information from her. The secondary characters in this...more
Rhonda
For some reason I thought this book was YA and put off reading it for a little bit. I am so glad I tried it out and found out it wasn’t. I really liked this series and the world the author built. I love when a series introduces a new world.

The whole stalker tale was very well thought and written perfectly. I love how the author kept you in suspense until the end. Now I can’t wait for the next book. I only wish I knew when it comes out. Fading Echoes is the second book in the Echo Falls series a...more
Donna
I thought this book was excellent. I was hooked from page one and didnt want to put it down. The characters are well developed and interesting. I really wanted everything to work out for Phoebe and Aidan.

You really get to watch the character development for both of them as well. Phoebe to get over her fears and learn to trust Aidan. And Aidan as he tried to protect Phoebe and solve the treat to his pack.

It was a great read with paranormal elements and a love story mixed with action and some myst...more
Clarke
Promising idea for a story. I liked the supporting characters it was the H and h that ruined the story for me. The characters could have been likable but the two main characters behaviors were unbelievable. Still a lot of questions and not a lot of answers that add up. Also I did not enjoy the hierarchy of the wolves (it made the female wolves to submissive for my taste). Disappointing and long. I was glad when it was over.

Sherri needs a twin
May 10, 2013 Sherri needs a twin marked it as dnf
Shelves: 2013
At 39% the only thing that's happened is a side character has been killed. No romance. The hero is an Alpha but he didn't know the heroine was a were too? Also they can only shift at night. Apparently these are vampire weres.
DNF
Laurie Bongiorno
It was OK...good...sorta, it would have been better if they figured out he was a werewolf earlier. DUH!! I also didn't like how the heroine kept lying and withholding the facts that would have helped the cops catch the killer sooner.
Elizabeth
Enjoyable romance novel with Werewolves as the heroes. Can't say it was stand out but it was a very pleasant way to spend an afternoon in the sun. Look forward to more by this author.
Goodreads Librari...: New Book Cover - Need Change 4 167 Jun 05, 2013 05:22PM
  • Witch Weigh
  • The Spirit Keeper (The Spirit Keeper, #1)
  • River's Recruit (Sanctuary, #1)
  • Another Dawn
  • Silver (The Silver #1)
  • Taken By Moonlight
  • Time of Death
  • Savage (Daughters of the Jaguar - Book 1)
  • The Z Word (Apocalypse Babes, #1)
  • Out of Sight Out of Mind
  • The Hunted (The Hunted #1)
  • Training Their Mate (Pack Wars, #1)
  • Bewitching You
  • Silverweed: A Supernatural Fairy Tale (Volume 1)
  • Remembered (The Vistira Trilogy, #1)
  • Dark Genesis (The Darkling Trilogy, #1)
  • Seasons of the Moon Series, Books 1-4: Six Moon Summer, All Hallows' Moon, Long Night Moon, and Gray Moon Rising
  • Got Thrills? A Boxed Set
Jaime McDougall is a citizen of the world, currently loving life in beautiful country Victoria in Australia. She loves eating sushi, kidnapping her husband and naming her pets in honour of science fiction authors. (So far, a cat named Asimov and puppies named Brin and Zenna.)

A love of fiction has always coursed through her veins and she told stories as a child even before she knew how to write the...more
More about Jaime McDougall...
So You Want to Write a Guest Post: An Author Fading Echoes (Echo Falls, #2) So You Want An Online Book Tour: An Author’s Guide to Online Book Tours BestsellerBound Short Story Anthology Volume 2 BestsellerBound Short Story Anthology - Volume 3

“She hesitated but her stomach won out. After all, an intruder who made her breakfast couldn’t be all bad. Maybe that’s just how they did it in Echo Falls; breakfast and a robbery.” 1 likes