Start by marking “Ash Swan (The Cob Brothers, #1)” as Want to Read:
Ash Swan (The Cob Brothers, #1)

Ash Swan (The Cob Brothers #1)

3.59 of 5 stars 3.59  ·  rating details  ·  462 ratings  ·  30 reviews
When Prince Landon Cob sees Brian Dawson he's not sure what to make of the bicycle courier with a pierced nose and green streaks in his hair, but the man's gentleness in feeding the waterfowl strikes a chord with him. When he meets the courier again in the elevator, he takes the first step that will change the rest of his life. In this story of Swan Prince meets Cinderfell ...more
Published August 31st 2011 by Resplendence Publishing (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Ash Swan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ash Swan

With Caution by J.L. LangleyChange of Heart by Mary CalmesWithout Reservations by J.L. LangleyDuck! by Kim DareTrusted Bond by Mary Calmes
Best Gay Shifters
397th out of 670 books — 954 voters
Truth in the Dark by Amy LaneDuck! by Kim DareCinder by Marie SextonThe Pedlar and the Bandit King by Kirby CrowInk and Paper by Megan Derr
Best Gay books based on fairytales
89th out of 136 books — 280 voters

More lists with this book...

Vicktor Alexander
This book was okay for me. There were so many parts of Brian's life and mother and history that I felt were just left to blow in the wind. The sex scenes seemed to have great promise but still fall short (it might be all the conversation, I think at one point I actually groaned and said "Shut up and fuck already!" which is funny because they couldn't hear me). The plot was still very interesting and the story had great depth to it.

I'm glad that there are going to be more books because even the w
Phaney
Jan 23, 2014 Phaney rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m
I’d wanted to read this for a long time but kept pushing it off.

This is a cheerful and airy fairy tale, rather light on logic or consistency. That doesn’t pose much of a problem here, since no one could take this story seriously. (And I mean that in a good way.)
Amber Kell’s abbreviated style is in evidence, which kind of works because the story is just so short.

The editing’s somewhat poor. I have no clue why that surprised me. After all, having two people work on something might make it more com
Ami
Combining a fairy tale of Six Swans and Cinderella, it's a story filled with magic and how true love breaks curses. Prince Landon Cob has been staying in Earth for 4 years before taking the rein in Aria. In the last days, he meets Brian (who lives with his stepfather and step brothers), and they fall in love. But Landon evil sister who works together with an evil sorcerer, tries to stop Landon from getting back to Aria by putting a curse. The curse turns the Cob princes (there are six of them) i ...more
Anne
This story is very fast paced. Due to the fast pace, the story appears to have inconsistencies. For instance, in the beginning, they both have doubts about entering a relationship with each other, but they quickly began dating. The doubts are never really addressed, they just seem to rush into a relationship.

I liked the characters, but I prefer my male romance stories to not have a female as a main character {the fairy}.

The couple has a HEA in that they love each other and plan to stay together
Chris
Good paranormal m/m romance loosely based on the fairytale of the Six Swans. In the first installment of this series, the crown prince, who's living on Earth for a few years before taking the throne, rescues a handsome bike courier who'd fallen into a pond while feeding ducks and geese in the park, then proceeds to get to know the courier better...
Ana
Tyra Berger
Two of my favorite authors writing together, as soon as I saw this I was squealing like a fan girl. Both authors are great at taking what could be run of the mill story lines and making them into unique, hot, can't put down, page turners. Add in some amazing sex and a happily ever after and what more could you ask for. They have taken the Cinderella and Swan Princess fairytales and married them together with a bit of a twist. And of course it's the twist that makes it really decadent.

Landon will
Julesmarie
Sweet, adorable, fun, and hilarious! Petra totally cracks me up, and it might be because i just started re-watching parts of Charmed on Netflix, but in my mind she totally had Paige Matthews's voice.

Landon and Brian together are just so perfect. My heart just melted watching Landon race across the street in his expensive suit to pull the beautiful stranger out of the mud. Best meet cute EVER!

I actually loved how cool Brian was as he learned about Landon and all that was involved in Landon's life
Pam
I'd give it a 3.5

Its a fun and lighthearted read loosely combining the fairytales of the Six Swans and Cinderella (from a guys point of view). I liked the main characters of Landon and Brian. They're are different as different can be but they fit like interlocking puzzles pieces... just perfectly.

I also liked the fairy godmother, Petra. She's a hoot and I hope to see more of her in the future. Then there's the youngest brother, Dack. I enjoyed this guy and how he tried to stand up to their evil
Pete W
I am not really sure why but I didn't really like this one very much. Sure there are many cute and funny moments but as a whole I find it somewhat boring story. Somehow I felt that the story didn't flow smoothly. Some of the plot seems to jump or resolve without anyone notice until afterward.

The book also ended at the point where the real adventure began. I hope the next book will be better and maybe release quickly. And I wondered if every brothers will be gay or not... If so I wondered how wil
Cynthia Osborne
OK This book was alright, I do not like jumping from one scene to another all that much but at least these authors did it by chapter. I wanted more of the main characters. I will get the rest of the books because the story is continuing on from book to book. I did not feel the book is complete for the first book, everything was still up in the air with the couple they said I love you and all but still felt something missing. I would recommend you to get it if you like continuations through out a ...more
Rachel
4.5 star read from me! I think this is going to be a fantastic series! It's a combination of sci-fi/fantasy with fairy tales and sweet romances that I love to expect from these two authors. I think this was a great setup for the series and am looking forward to the other princes getting their own stories. It's Cinderfella meets the Swan Prince, what a great combination! Definitely looking forward to more!
Sydney
I'm not an amber kell fan and this book didn't change that.
Sadonna
Jan 12, 2012 Sadonna rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: mm, pdf
Hmmmmm. This was about a 2.5 rounded to 3 for me. It's the beginning of a series I guess but I found the writing a bit choppy. I liked Landon and Brian and I though Petra was a hoot, but I felt like I was missing something. That being said, I'll be reading the next installment to find out exactly what that is!
Tj
A good start to a "fair tale" story. It a was a "fluffy" read. I enjoyed it but it isn't deep. I would have loved to seen more background into Brian and a little more struggle with the relationship. I will read more though, I enjoy "fluffy" reads especially on bad days.
Ellie
I really liked this book and the storyline is interesting. Just wondering whether there is gonna be a continuation to this series as I'm curios to know how the rest of the brothers are gonna turn out. I love the fairy godmother. My favourite character
Mary
I know that both authors have great books on their own, but put them together and they make a book you want more of. I couldn't wait for the next book in the series to come out, and then the next. Keep them coming in this series.
Christina

Finished the first 3 books (yeap I read them from the third to the first) and I really Really REALLY want to read Dack's story, but no sequel has been released for a year T_T
Barb
This is a great new take on the Cinderella story, only this time with men! A happy ending and the beginning of a great new series for two of my favorite authors!
Hearts On Fire Reviews
Reviewed by: Kevin
Publisher: Resplendence Publishing
Genre: M/M Paranormal
Rated: 3 Hearts

Check out the review at: http://heartsonfirereviews.com
Maya
2.5 Stars. There is nothing terrible about this book, it just didn't gab me. Perhaps it is my mood as I usually like both Kell and Hecht.
Belinda
This reads like a first draft. The story is jumbled and doesn't flow. Overly sweet like all of Hecht's latest works.
Isabella
Aww, so sweet, loved the fairy tale aspect of the story. The authors are wicked fairy godmothers!!!
Nikko
A great read!! I totally loved it!! I keep smiling while reading this!!
Brittney Bower
well that was a hot and different fairytale.
Clover
good beginning for this serie. very fun too.
Davina
3.5 definately a new swing on swan ahhhh princes
Janet
Nice read.
  • Not One Word (Stand Alone Short Stories, #1)
  • Fairytales Slashed 2
  • A Feral Christmas (Lost Shifters, #2)
  • Sparkle And Purr (Midnight Matings, #10)
  • Nicholas's Wolf (Brac Pack, #14)
  • Nature of the Beast (Outside the City, #1)
  • Spells And Bananas (Midnight Matings, #9)
  • Myth And Mischief (Midnight Matings, #5)
  • Reparation in Blood (Partnership in Blood, #4)
  • Blood Of A Leo (Solomon's Pride #1)
  • Cinder: A CinderFella Story
  • Draconian Measures (Gaven, #3)
  • Body Magic (Triad, #2)
Amber Kell is one of those quiet people they always tell you to watch out for. She lives in Dallas with her husband, two sons, and one extremely stupid dog.

She also writes under the name Mikela Q. Chase
More about Amber Kell...
From Pack to Pride (Supernatural Mates #1) Attracting Anthony (Moon Pack, #1) Trials of Tam (The Larson Legacy, #1) Mate Hunt (Dragonmen, #1) A Prideful Mate (Supernatural Mates #2)