Start by marking “Alien Investigation: Searching for the Truth about UFOs and Aliens” as Want to Read:
Alien Investigation: Searching for the Truth about UFOs and Aliens

Alien Investigation: Searching for the Truth about UFOs and Aliens

3.83  ·  Rating Details  ·  35 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
Are aliens and UFOs real? Explore eyewitness accounts, examine the evidence, and decide for yourself.
Published January 1st 2012 by Millbrook Press

To ask other readers questions about Alien Investigation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Alien Investigation

Paul  Hankins
Kelly Milner Halls has written an accessible non-fiction text which delicately balances speculation, research, anecdote, and cultural reference. ALIEN INVESTIGATION has plenty of "what-if" factor that will invite younger readers to consider thoughtfully the possibilities of spacecraft and life on other planets.

Halls gently invites the reader to visit the book and to consider these possibilities making no claim for any of the inclusions in the book to be "true."

As a multimodal text, ALIEN INVES
Kris Dinnison
Dec 11, 2013 Kris Dinnison rated it it was amazing
Aliens are a pretty daring topic for a serious non-fiction writer like Kelly Milner Halls to take on. Most of the kids' books on this topic play on fear to tantalize kids. But Kelly uses the same great approach here that she does with other controversial topics. She lays out the information and evidence available, presents possible explanations, and leaves readers to decide for themselves. A fictional story, illustrated by Rick Spears, softens the fear factor by explaining what it might be like ...more
Kristen
Oct 30, 2014 Kristen rated it liked it
This book presents a thorough grounding in the subject at a 5th-or 6th-grade reading level. Though it doesn’t hesitate to label something “unexplained,” it does go into the different things that people can mistakenly think are UFOs or aliens, and there’s a whole chapter on hoaxes and misunderstandings. There’s an imaginary, hypothetical story about an alien named Yllek who visits our planet interspersed through the pages of the book. This might be confusing to younger readers or weaker readers, ...more
Donalyn
Apr 01, 2012 Donalyn rated it really liked it
Kelly Milner Halls creates another outstanding nonfiction title about a subject that fascinates readers. In Alien Investigation, Halls examines the facts and invites readers to consider whether or not aliens have visited Earth. The book includes extensive background information about the history of space travel, spaceship and alien sightings, first person accounts, photographs, interviews with scientists,and imaginative illustrations from the points of view of alien explorers to Earth.

Alien Inv
Kelly
Aug 22, 2011 Kelly rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
This one won't be out until the spring of 2012, but I have read it because I wrote it. And I LOVE this book. I wanted to explore the science behind UFO and Alien sightings so I spent several days with the experts from MUFON -- the Mutual UFO Network -- and I traveled to several places famous for UFO activity. I am convinced a tiny fraction of the world UFO reports cannot be explained via traditional avenues and I shared that evidence in this book. I'm proud of the research and the interviews fea ...more
Abby Malecha
May 25, 2013 Abby Malecha rated it liked it
Shelves: informational
Book Title: Allen Investigation
Lexile: 1240
Paragraph #1: I thought this book was ok. This book was ok because it had some cool info on random Allen spotting like some guy got hit by a laser and other people saw stuff on radar.
Paragraph #2: My favorite part was probably the story about the guy who got hit by the laser beam because it had something to back it up. I would recommend this book to people who exaterate a lot because that's kind of what it is.
Lavabearian (Jessica)
Michelle Tempted By Books
Jun 04, 2012 Michelle Tempted By Books rated it really liked it
This had a nice balanced presentation of information. The book has a "can you imagine" story from an Alien perspective to follow along with the facts. Presents several stories of Alien and UFO encounters from around the world. There is excellent photographs and illustrations as well as various expert Q & A.
Kellee
Feb 04, 2012 Kellee rated it liked it
A very kid friendly interesting nonfiction book about aliens that balances science, stories and history. Will be a definite hit within classrooms and with nonfiction fans or fans of alien-lore. Very accessible and is set up to keep kids interested, but also to give them the information they seek.
Maria
Mar 17, 2012 Maria rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
I greatly enjoyed this exploration of the possibility of aliens and UFOs. There were interviews, pictures, and explanations of the science.

I'm excited to share this book with my class - especially the pair of boys who are working on researching this topic!
kate
Aug 06, 2012 kate rated it liked it
Concise discussion regarding aliens and UFOs. I would recommend this to children in grades 5-7 interested in the subject. Fourth graders with an intense interest in the subject would also enjoy the topic; would be appropriate for struggling readers in the 7th grade.
Ann
May 31, 2012 Ann rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
This was a well laid out accessible non-fiction work for kids and teens and even adults. Do I believe.... not really but it was interesting to see the history and theories.
Carol
Sep 20, 2013 Carol rated it really liked it
This is a well-done work that will capture the interest of many young readers. They will appreciate the layout and information provided as it is quite accessible.
Elizabeth
Feb 05, 2012 Elizabeth rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
Review on Reality Rules
Edward Sullivan
An always popular, high-interest subject presented in an appealing, engaging, and informative package.
Brenda Kahn
Jun 14, 2012 Brenda Kahn rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal, 2012
This appealingly packaged book won't spend too much time of the shelf.
good but brief coverage of various sightings; layout of book is well done
PWRL
Sep 25, 2012 PWRL marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2012-new
O
Jordan
Jordan marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2016
Roxanne
Roxanne rated it really liked it
Mar 10, 2016
Austin Patterson
Austin Patterson marked it as to-read
Feb 29, 2016
Walker Memorial
Walker Memorial marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2016
Jenny Ashby
Jenny Ashby rated it liked it
Jan 17, 2016
MCAUWM
MCAUWM marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2015
Sharif
Sharif added it
Nov 17, 2015
Kylie
Kylie marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2016
Lakeview Librarians
Lakeview Librarians marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2015
Con
Con marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2015
Karen
Karen rated it it was amazing
Jul 10, 2015
Rylan
Rylan rated it liked it
Jun 16, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
262003
Kelly Milner Halls specializes in high interest, well researched nonfiction for young readers. Her books include TALES OF THE CRYPTIDS, SAVING THE BAGHDAD ZOO, IN SEARCH OF SASQUATCH and ALIEN INVESTIGATION. But she is also an avid YA fan and loves realistic fiction including GIRL MEETS BOY, the anthology she edited for Chronicle (January 2012). Her first short story is in that anthology. She hope ...more
More about Kelly Milner Halls...