Start by marking “Project Rebirth: Survival and the Strength of the Human Spirit from 9/11 Survivors” as Want to Read:

Written in conjunction with the documentary Rebirth, a full decade in the making, an uplifting look at the lives of nine individuals whose lives were forever changed by the largest tragedy our nation has ever faced.

The images of the burning towers, the heartbroken friends building memorials, the minute-by-minute accounts of the horrors of that day-all are indelibly etched
Published August 18th 2011 by Dutton

To ask other readers questions about Project Rebirth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Project Rebirth

Nikki
Apr 08, 2014 Nikki rated it it was amazing
This is a great companion piece to the documentary. Three additional people's stories are told and while some are more compelling, I feel like this gives a great insight about grief, loss, and recovery. The main take away from the book is that grief and rebirth are intensely personal and there is no set path. What may help one person over the loss of someone or something might hinder another person.

It's written in a straight-forward manner, with author or clinical intrusion. While the authors cr
Steve Parcell
Aug 19, 2015 Steve Parcell rated it liked it
I feel a bit guilty to be honest as I wanted to love it but I couldn't.

It was just too disjointed and a little preachy in its conclusion.

Half of the stories were beautiful moving portraits of sons, lovers, husbands, wives losing their loved on in 9/11. The lad who's mother worked for Cantor Fitzgerald and died in the initial impact told a poignant wonderful tale of following in his mother's footsteps. He also delivered a eulogy after 9/11 and a sparrow landed on his head which was incredible.

But
Kim Hollstein
Aug 23, 2013 Kim Hollstein rated it it was ok
Shelves: abandoned
Surprised this wasn't more compelling. Borrowed thru MORE, so I had to return it in a month. Maybe if I could draw it out longer I could've read it. The stories just didn't grab me like most 9/11 stories do. Hope to retry it in the future...
blmagm
Nov 20, 2011 blmagm rated it really liked it
You don't need to have experienced the tragedy of 9/11 personally to relate to this book. Anyone who has experienced a loss or grief (consequently everyone) can benefit from both the narrative accounts and the author's commentary.
Megan
Megan rated it it was ok
Oct 09, 2011
Angela
Angela rated it really liked it
Jun 09, 2013
Painter9300
Painter9300 rated it liked it
Jun 11, 2015
Doug
Doug rated it it was amazing
May 05, 2012
Kim Morris
Kim Morris rated it really liked it
Sep 25, 2011
Emma Rosenfeld
Emma Rosenfeld rated it liked it
Jan 22, 2012
Liane
Liane rated it it was amazing
Nov 23, 2011
Lynn
Lynn rated it really liked it
Feb 28, 2012
Ruth Pohl
Ruth Pohl rated it liked it
May 03, 2014
Karen
Karen rated it really liked it
Sep 27, 2011
Karen
Karen rated it it was amazing
Oct 30, 2012
Melisa
Melisa rated it it was ok
Mar 17, 2012
Janet
Janet rated it liked it
Jul 15, 2014
Conan
Conan rated it liked it
Feb 05, 2012
Rowie
Rowie rated it it was amazing
Oct 02, 2014
Jen
Jen rated it really liked it
Feb 12, 2016
Victoria Guadagno
Victoria Guadagno rated it liked it
Aug 06, 2012
Kristin Whyte
Kristin Whyte rated it liked it
Sep 02, 2016
Teri Pre
Teri Pre rated it liked it
Oct 08, 2012
Bonnie
Bonnie rated it really liked it
Oct 19, 2011
Elyse
Elyse rated it liked it
Aug 08, 2013
Sarah Long
Sarah Long rated it it was ok
Apr 26, 2012
Claire
Claire rated it really liked it
Jul 26, 2011
Sabrina Brown
Sabrina Brown rated it it was amazing
Jul 16, 2013
Carlee
Carlee rated it liked it
Sep 04, 2011