Pavane For a Proud Prince

Pavane For a Proud Prince (Hot Summer Days)

3.12 of 5 stars 3.12  ·  rating details  ·  60 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Free novelette written for the M/M Romance group's "Hot Summer Days" event.

----------
Genres/Tags: Gay M/M / Fantasy / Romance / Magic / Sorcery
Approx. Word Count: 13,752
ebook, Online Fiction
Published July 21st 2011 by M/M Romance Group @ Goodreads

To ask other readers questions about Pavane For a Proud Prince, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pavane For a Proud Prince

Wendy (wluvsbooks)
Wow, a beautiful story for an equally beautiful painting:) I kept wanting Darien to get a clue, but he remained stubborn to the end. Nico was so sweet and loyal - he pulled the proverbial rabbit out of the hat when it was needed most! I know they are happy for now, but I'm very curious about where they go from here;) Thanks for a such a delightful story with amazing creativity!!!

Rachel
I really loved this...great fantasy world that was created, and I loved the characters. Very interesting and romantic, and I would love to read more with these two! Very beautifully written story!
Zach Sweets
At last something different from what I've read :) it was slow at the beginning then it has gotten better once I got further into the story. Thanks for writing this story! :)
CAS

Julie's bio says:
Her family thinks she is a bit off...
Well, not so much that I noticed :) I'd say she was very much on point with her very detailed and creative world building skills.
This is a sweet story of enduring love albeit a bit heartbreaking at times as Nico struggles with his unrequited love for his proud Prince. Lucky for him Nico let his pride go long before the fall!
As for the Proud Prince.. he did a fair job of redeeming himself in the end. :)
I am sure Aikirangel is more than p...more
Neyjour
Story Prompt:
I have this painting I did a few years ago that I'd love to see where an author could take it. The set up is: The magician's apprentice risked a dangerous spell to rescue the arrogant prince with whom he's fallen in love. The prince realizes his own feelings have changed from animosity to love; this after a series of confrontations that didn't bode well for a relationship. By the looks of it though, the HEA afterglow is blissful.

Lila Leigh Hunter
3.5 out of 5

A really unique story. I just want to know more.
Ayanna
Yeah, the ending was a little too convenient, but it was still a rather sweet story.

A rather fine-tuned semantic point...
"His fingers were clenched into claws; they punched at the air, tearing at someone or something unseen."
The "punched" didn't really make sense to me if his hands were clenched into "claws." Something like "they ripped at the air" would have been more appropriate here, but like I said, it's a more fine-tuned point, so w/e.
SueM
Thank you Julie for writing Nico and Darien's story. I felt for Nico, who always seemed to be slightly off the mark whatever he was doing, yet persisted to try to do the right thing, often without the encouragement he needed. I really wanted kick Darien for his behavior yet his confession explained so much...

Now I want to know about the rest of their lives - where they live, how they got there... :D
Miriki
The world building was intriguing enough, but the romance not so much. We knew the MCs had some kind of history but the Prince was acting like an ass the whole book, and we don't know why Nico fell in love with him. The ending didn't make it any better.

So 3.5 stars for the World building, and 1 for the romance.
Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
3.5 stars maybe. The prince was a jerk and we really never got to know him or why the MC was so in love with him.

But i did enjoy the story a lot just didn't see the connection between them and never warmed up to the prince at all
Elske
Cute, a little bit of a copout on the ending by the author but fun read none-the-l
George Braley
George Braley marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2014
Lajauna Lopez
Lajauna Lopez marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2014
Ryan
Ryan marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
NannyOgg *Not Nancy*
NannyOgg *Not Nancy* marked it as to-read
May 04, 2014
Lelyana Taufik
Lelyana Taufik marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2014
Brittney Bower
Brittney Bower marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2014
Angela
Angela added it
Jul 16, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Julie Lynn Hayes was reading at the age of two and writing by the age of nine and always wanted to be a writer when she grew up. Two marriages, five children, and more than forty years later, that is still her dream. She blames her younger daughters for introducing her to yaoi and the world of M/M love, a world which has captured her imagination and her heart and fueled her writing in ways she'd n...more
More about Julie Lynn Hayes...
The Prince Wore Pink Stilettos To The Max (To The Max #1) Leonardo di Caprio is a Vampire When Will I See You Again Revelations