Start by marking “Pavane For a Proud Prince” as Want to Read:
Pavane For a Proud Prince

Pavane For a Proud Prince (Don't Read in the Closet Events)

3.13  ·  Rating Details  ·  70 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Dear Author,
Published July 21st 2011 by M/M Romance Group @ Goodreads

To ask other readers questions about Pavane For a Proud Prince, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pavane For a Proud Prince

Marte
** 2,5 magic ravenstars **

An okay fairy tale/fantasy story. I liked the world build, but sadly didn't feel any romance between the two MCs. Oh, Nicowas very much in love with his beautiful Prince and had been for years, but hadbeen treated like crap by the Prince, who stayed standoffish during the whole tale. I think it was too long too, and the end felt like too little, too late. But, hey it was a HEA. I liked the way the raven wings from the picture prompt were weaved into the story at the end
Wendy Ann
Aug 04, 2011 Wendy Ann rated it liked it
Wow, a beautiful story for an equally beautiful painting:) I kept wanting Darien to get a clue, but he remained stubborn to the end. Nico was so sweet and loyal - he pulled the proverbial rabbit out of the hat when it was needed most! I know they are happy for now, but I'm very curious about where they go from here;) Thanks for a such a delightful story with amazing creativity!!!

Rachel
I really loved this...great fantasy world that was created, and I loved the characters. Very interesting and romantic, and I would love to read more with these two! Very beautifully written story!
Serena
Don't Read in the Closet: Volume Three

My Rating System:
* couldn't finish, ** wouldn't recommend, *** would recommend, **** would read again, ***** have read again
MaelleMaud
Jun 13, 2015 MaelleMaud rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, mm
Nico & Darien.
I liked the fantasy world but I would have liked the story better with the point of view of Darien.
A nice one nevertheless!
CAS
Jul 23, 2011 CAS rated it liked it

Julie's bio says:
Her family thinks she is a bit off...
Well, not so much that I noticed :) I'd say she was very much on point with her very detailed and creative world building skills.
This is a sweet story of enduring love albeit a bit heartbreaking at times as Nico struggles with his unrequited love for his proud Prince. Lucky for him Nico let his pride go long before the fall!
As for the Proud Prince.. he did a fair job of redeeming himself in the end. :)
I am sure Aikirangel is more than p
Neyjour
Story Prompt:
I have this painting I did a few years ago that I'd love to see where an author could take it. The set up is: The magician's apprentice risked a dangerous spell to rescue the arrogant prince with whom he's fallen in love. The prince realizes his own feelings have changed from animosity to love; this after a series of confrontations that didn't bode well for a relationship. By the looks of it though, the HEA afterglow is blissful.

Lila Hunter
3.5 out of 5

A really unique story. I just want to know more.
Ayanna
Nov 22, 2012 Ayanna rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Yeah, the ending was a little too convenient, but it was still a rather sweet story.

A rather fine-tuned semantic point...
"His fingers were clenched into claws; they punched at the air, tearing at someone or something unseen."
The "punched" didn't really make sense to me if his hands were clenched into "claws." Something like "they ripped at the air" would have been more appropriate here, but like I said, it's a more fine-tuned point, so w/e.
SueM
Thank you Julie for writing Nico and Darien's story. I felt for Nico, who always seemed to be slightly off the mark whatever he was doing, yet persisted to try to do the right thing, often without the encouragement he needed. I really wanted kick Darien for his behavior yet his confession explained so much...

Now I want to know about the rest of their lives - where they live, how they got there... :D
Miriki
The world building was intriguing enough, but the romance not so much. We knew the MCs had some kind of history but the Prince was acting like an ass the whole book, and we don't know why Nico fell in love with him. The ending didn't make it any better.

So 3.5 stars for the World building, and 1 for the romance.
Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
3.5 stars maybe. The prince was a jerk and we really never got to know him or why the MC was so in love with him.

But i did enjoy the story a lot just didn't see the connection between them and never warmed up to the prince at all
Britta ★ Nachteule ★
Aug 18, 2015 Britta ★ Nachteule ★ marked it as to-read
Shelves: hot-summer-days
***Read as part of the free Don't Read in the Closet: Volume Three anthology. Story #7***
Elske
Apr 05, 2013 Elske rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m, free-read, fantasy-au
Cute, a little bit of a copout on the ending by the author but fun read none-the-l
Lillian Francis
Jun 11, 2012 Lillian Francis rated it really liked it
3.75
Mari
Mari rated it it was amazing
Apr 15, 2016
Aya
Aya added it
Mar 01, 2016
Joann
Joann marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2015
Sweetalpha135
Sweetalpha135 marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2015
Reader
Reader marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2015
Driima
Driima marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2015
Diane
Diane marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2015
Brievon
Brievon rated it it was ok
Feb 20, 2015
GlamLawyer
GlamLawyer rated it liked it
Feb 15, 2015
Viv Ross
Viv Ross marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
Munzy
Munzy rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Julie Lynn Hayes was reading at the age of two and writing by the age of nine and always wanted to be a writer when she grew up. Two marriages, five children, and more than forty years later, that is still her dream. She blames her younger daughters for introducing her to yaoi and the world of M/M love, a world which has captured her imagination and her heart and fueled her writing in ways she'd n ...more
More about Julie Lynn Hayes...

Don't Read in the Closet Events (1 - 10 of 688 books)
  • Bobby's Christmas Gift
  • A Bugger to Pack
  • Christmas Gifts
  • Christmas in the Sandbox
  • Cocklebur's Christmas
  • The Conquerors (Zero-G wrestling)
  • Crying Wolf (Portals, #2.5)
  • D.N.A.: Double Helix