Start by marking “Mesmerize (Mystyx, #4)” as Want to Read:
Mesmerize (Mystyx, #4)
Preview

Mesmerize (Mystyx #4)

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  103 ratings  ·  28 reviews
You can't move forward until you deal with the past….

Starting over is nothing new to diplomat's daughter Lindsey Yi. She's grown up changing schools the way other girls change clothes. Still, moving to Lincoln, Connecticut, is different. Although she's still reeling from the loss of her parents in an accident, Lindsey is finally in a place that feels like home. Because her
Published January 24th 2012 by Kimani Tru (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Mesmerize, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mesmerize

Under the Never Sky by Veronica RossiCinder by Marissa MeyerThe Selection by Kiera CassIncarnate by Jodi MeadowsEverneath by Brodi Ashton
2012 YA & MG Debut Authors: The Apocalypsies!
264th out of 271 books — 1,124 voters
The Raven Boys by Maggie StiefvaterAlice in Zombieland by Gena ShowalterWhat's Left of Me by Kat ZhangUnspoken by Sarah Rees BrennanHidden by Sophie Jordan
September 2012
107th out of 185 books — 303 voters

More lists with this book...

Rose
Word to the wise: you might want to read the first three books of this respective series to get a more complete idea of the world, conflicts, and characters in the "Mystyx" series. This particular book definitely does not stand alone. I'm jumping into this series blind after quite some time, but I have to say that even considering this is my introduction to the series as well as Artist Arthur's work, it was a pleasant read and one that engaged me for the most part in the realm of YA paranormal/s ...more
Samantha
I didn't figure out that this was part of a series until I began reading. There were some things that Lindsey kept mentioning that I was like.. Um? Is there something I was missing. With that in mind, I still really liked this book. It kept my attention and it explained almost everything so I could keep up.

Cover: The cover is really pretty! I like how it shows her mark on her ankle, which I know understand. Plus the cover keeps it quite ominous and it was true to the book! Plus it has purple, I
Vicky
I really wanted to like this book. The blurb sounded like something I would really enjoy. What the blurb didn't tell me was that this was book four in a series. I believe knowing that fact would have made a huge difference. As it was, I was continually confused by what was happening - having no clue that a lot of the information I needed was in the previous books.

I loved that Lindsay was Korean, but the cover does not look like a Korean girl (I know because my daughter is full Korean). Also, Har
Alanna (The Flashlight Reader)
It’s hard to form an accurate opinion of a book when you start the series four books in. Mesmerize was the fourth book in the Mystyx series. I didn’t realize that when I started reading the book. I was a little confused by some of the descriptions, because they were based on events from previous books. It didn’t hinder my understand of the book, but it would have been nice to have the complete back story.
I liked Lindsey and Dylan. Actually, I liked all of the Mystyx and Dylan (he wasn’t a Mysty
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
Thank you to Netgalley for allowing me to read this ARC.WOW this is the first book I have read in this series. I know I did it backwards but this book cover called me so much I just had to read it and I am so glad I did.

Lindsey Yi is still mourning the death of her parents in a horrible train wreck a year ago. She has moved to a small town of Lincoln, Connecticut. She is living with her guardian and attending yet another new school. The only thing good about moving here is that she has found a h
Donna
First off, the cover looks like a white girl with cat eye make-up, not a Korean chick that, as far as I could tell wasn't a mixed race Korean but full-blooded. And considering how often she referred to her heritage in the book, and how often racial slurs were thrown her way, I'm guessing she looked a lot more Asian than this. But maybe the copy I'm seeing is just off . . .

I have to say, I'm kinda glad this story arc is over because by this one, the circumstances were getting downright silly. And
Rhonda
Review: Mesmerize by Artist Arthur
4 STARS
It's hard to rate this book, because this is the first book of the series that I have read so it was a little confusing to me at times. I believe this is the 4th of the mystyx series.
The Mystyx were created by Styx and given powers before they were born. Their are four of them we know about.
Lindsey Yi is Korean American. Who was in a train wreck a year ago that killed her parents. She lives now with her guardian in what people believe is a haunted house.
Chibineko
Things come to a head in this book for our little Mystyx gang, but I'll warn you: there is still more to come in this series. I'll try to keep the spoilers in this review to a minimum, but some of the stuff that happens here is pretty big.

First off, I'll warn people that you might be surprised at some of the events in this book. We do get to see a whole new side of Lindsey, but it comes at a very serious cost for our main characters. I have to admit that I was pretty sad to see certain things i
Savannah (Books With Bite)
I'm super excited about this series. This series I have been following from the very beginning and have love it. While I enjoyed this book, I felt like there is something missing. I think its cause I wasn't able to really connect to Lindsey as well as I could with the other mystyx group. Still, the book is good. If you haven't read the series I suggest you do. Ms. Arthur writes about teens with a real life, with a hint of something paranormal.

In this book, the reader meet Lindsey. After moving a
Audrey
Feb 16, 2012 Audrey rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: arcs
Kat (Kindred Dreamheart)
ARC copy courtesy of NetGalley.

Okay, okay! It's been a few days now since I've finished this book. I've been racking my brains on a nice way to phrase this review. But there is no easy way, so here goes:

I DID NOT LIKE THIS AT ALL!

The main character gave me a headache. I tortured myself trying to finish it just because I hate to quit on a book. The whole time I was talking myself into finding some good in it, like I do every book that falls a little short on my expectations, because I hate to giv
Nazish Ahmed (Nazish Reads)
I just reviewed this on my blog a few hours ago.
To view the full review, click here Mystyx: Book 4 Mesmerize By: Artist Arthur

This is the fourth book in the Mystyx series by Artist Arthur (is that really her name? Because it sounds like a pen name). I'm not sure if this is the last book, because after reading the end, I was disappointed at when the final fight happened, it seemed too easy to win, I was expecting something more to happened, for ex: like in all of the Harry Potter books, there is
Debbie (at) I Heart YA Books
Mesmerize is book four in the Mystyx series. I love this series. Artist Arthur is a fantastic writer and I love her characters. Four teens have been given supernatural gifts to fight Charon of the underworld by the Greek goddess Fatima. Each one of these teens have to be tested before they come together to stand against Charon, and this time it’s Lindsey turn. Artist Arthur also tackles different race issues along with other issues of being poor, rich, loners,death and romance—all what teens fac ...more
Angela Fristoe
First off, this book is being added to my list of annoyingly inaccurate covers. Yes, it is a nice cover, if Lindsey weren't a young Korean girl. Why would the publisher choose to not represent the character as written? Multiculturalism should be a selling point, not something thrown in to say they're doing it, only to back off during the marketing.

The book itself is interesting. I didn't realize it was the fourth book in a series until I started reading, and there are multiple references to pre
Haley
My Rating: 3.5 stars
My Review: This is definitely the best book in the series so far. Lindsey with her ability to read minds makes her inner dialogue very exciting. She has a haunted past and an important destiny. And now she’s got a guy…but is he really into her or is it just an act. I didn’t believe him for one second! But Lindsey was mesmerized by his eyes, and she started falling for him. Some very surprising things happen in to other characters, not just Lindsey. And there are a few new cha
Kris
Lindsey Yi is used to changing schools. This move is different though. She lost both her parents in a train accident.

Lindsey can read other people's thoughts and emotions.

On a weird note... while reading this book I read the line where the author said less then one percent of the population dreams in color and I had to stop and look that up to see if that was just something in the story world of if that is a true fact. (Yes, I know I am weird.)

It was interesting reading and figuring out how Dyla
Ally
Mesmerize Book review Mystyx series
This was the first book I read in this series and it was an unexpected delight, definitely for the younger YA readers this book was a clean and simple read. In this addition we see the Mystyx gang face their toughest challenge yet. I read it as a standalone, it wasn't confusing yet I could sense there were some very interesting back stories. This book was a rollercoaster of emotions. Lindsey was a character who observed a lot but processed later though I wasn'
Lynette ~ Escaping Reality – One Book at a Time ~
Read my full review here: http://escapingrealitybookreviews.wor...

NOTE TO SELF:
Next time, check Goodreads BEFORE you buy a book, read the whole thing, and THEN realize it was the 2nd-to-last book in a series.

*facepalm*

BUT, for being read without any background information, it was incredible! I really loved the characters, and how it was all Greek Mythology-y.

Great book. Now I just need to go read the first 3. :)

I'm 15, and I recommend this series.
Brianne
This was the first book from this series that I had read and enjoyed it. Mesmerize was easy to read, fast paced and kept my interest throughout the entire book. This was a clean read that I would recommend to any young adult. Being the first book that I had read from the series, I was able to enjoy without being confused. I will definitely be reading the other books in the series now!

I was provided an ARC of Mesmerize (Mystyx 4) via Netgalley.
Stephanie
I tried really hard to like this book. It is the fourth installment in the Mystyx series, and it centers around Lindsey Yi an empath and telepath. Despite an alluring cover, I thought the author could have gone further in developing her characters and their surroundings; the action was great but the descriptions and such were unimpressive.
Crystal (Kris)
This book wasn't for me. The plot is interesting, but I couldn't relate to Lindsey. She observes things and thinks later, or she thinks too much (for me). I'm more into books where the characters take action right away. It's hard to explain other than I didn't connect with her. I ended up not finishing the book.
Caren Molina
This girl called Lindsey yo is now living with her guardian because her parents died in sn accident. Theres other people in the new school she`s in that have some kind of power so that together thry can beat the darkness. I would reccomend this book to those who like romance,mystery, and magic noveks.
Ayaan
Kay so this was my least favourite book in the series, and i was pretty dissapointed in it. I thought this might be the best book written so far, but then i kept reading it and i was like ehhhh.
Azhia
Wow jut wow , i cannot wait till the next one that's all im going to say before i spoil the whole book
Mechele
read my review at readforyourfuture.blogspot.com :)
Harlequin Books
Hilary
Hilary added it
Apr 17, 2015
SOS: Serious Over...: Win a copy of Mesmerize! 2 10 Dec 18, 2011 06:03AM
  • Moonstone (Unbidden Magic, #1)
  • Dead of Night (The Youngbloods, #2)
  • Decision Time (Keysha, #4)
  • Flowers for Her Grave (Grim Reaper Mystery, #3)
  • Spin It Like That
  • Getting Played (Kenisha Lewis, #3)
  • Westlake Soul
  • Consumed (Rayne, #2)
  • Demon Crossings (Twilight of the Gods, #1)
  • Fury's Fire (Siren's Storm, #2)
  • Improper Relations (Improper, #1)
  • Step Up (Indigo Summer #5)
  • Shrink To Fit
  • Ink
  • On a Dark Wing
  • Renegade (The Protectors, #1)
  • 16 Isn't Always Sweet
I am the first born and only girl in my family, and six and nine years separate me and my two brothers. Needless to say, I was alone quite a bit. But being alone gave me plenty of time to indulge my imagination in the world of books. One of the first novels I read was a young adult series that traced the lives of two teenagers in high school, Sweet Valley High. Reading those novels I thought I cou ...more
More about Artist Arthur...

Mystyx (4 books)
  • Manifest (Mystyx, #1)
  • Mystify (Mystyx, #2)
  • Mayhem (Mystyx, #3)
Manifest (Mystyx, #1) Mystify (Mystyx, #2) Mayhem (Mystyx, #3) Mutiny (Mystyx, #2.5) Pretty Little Liars: Be My Sweetheart (Kindle Worlds Short Story)